Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Football Transfers and Rumors of Transfers 2013

Started by jbcarol, December 18, 2013, 11:09:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on January 30, 2014, 08:08:01 am
USC quarterback Max Wittek has decided to skip spring practice, graduate and then transfer to another school to play his final two seasons, he told the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday.

Because he will have his undergraduate degree, the redshirt sophomore will be able to play immediately at an FBS school under the NCAA's graduate transfer rule.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/usc-qb-max-wittek-will-transfer

Masoli left the Pac 10 to come to the SEC and get immediate playing time.

So where did he wind up transferring to?  ???

jbcarol

He has to graduate from USC this spring to be eligible to play immediately in 2014 elsewhere.

Tejas is considered the leader per the LA Times and he has visited Hawaii.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Brian Perroni ‏@Perroni247  7h
Per the folks at Butler C.C., former #TAMU S Kameron Miles is headed there. http://bit.ly/1hUYNks
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

No new transfers for SEC players at time of post.

jbcarol

LSU quarterback Stephen Rivers leaning toward transfer to Vanderbilt

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/03/lsu_quarterback_stephen_rivers_1.html

Vandy was the only SEC school to which Phillip Rivers' brother was granted a release.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS ·Apr 1
#UCLA DE Eddie Vanderdoes (foot) out for spring practice, suspended OT Torian White dismissed http://cbsprt.co/ObOGyD

Eddie Vanderdoes, the Bruins' 6-4, 305-pound defensive lineman, was spotted on a scooter in street clothes on Tuesday. Mora told reporters that Vanderdoes broke his foot during conditioning drills...

Mora also announced that offensive lineman Torian White "is no longer with the program." White, a starter to begin the 2013 season, suffered a broken bone and torn ligament in his right leg on Oct. 3 and was then suspended Nov. 19 following a sexual assault charge.

Jason McIntyre ‏@jasonrmcintyre ·20 hrs
Big move. RT @thebiglead: Scoop: College Football Writer Bruce Feldman Leaving CBS Sports For [FoxSports posted on April 1]

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@DellengerAdv ·1 hr
.@ByLukeJohnson reporting that #LSU DE Jordan Allen is seeking a transfer. LSU spokesman has declined comment.

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau ‏@LSUBeatTweet ·Apr 2
Louisiana State to Louisiana? Sr. DE Jordan Allen of W. Monroe leaving LSU, may transfer to ULL.

jbcarol

Jeremy Fowler ‏@JFowlerCBS  22h
Former #Alabama OG Chad Lindsay is visiting #Michigan this weekend, per source.

jbcarol

Former UGa DB/LB Josh Harvey-Clemons is reported to be transferring to Louisville. Tipped the pass on the prayer in Jordan-Hare.

jbcarol

David Morrison@DavidCMorrison ·8m 
Dorial Green-Beckham dismissed from MU football program, per release.

UofL, next stop?

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison ·5 mins
Green-Beckham's adoptive father, John Beckham, on Dorial: "He's devastated."

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison ·4 mins
Beckham had no other comment and, when asked what the next step for Green-Beckham is, said he had "no idea."

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  22h
NCAA grants former Alabama QB Luke Del Rio immediate eligibility at Oregon State http://ow.ly/vHJDD

Jack's son

jbcarol

Thomas Murphy ‏@TomMurphyADG  2h
Bielema: Kelvin Fisher is graduating this semester. Will transfer with two years to play somewhere

jbcarol

David Cloninger ‏@DCTheState  5h
BREAKING: Lorenzo Ward has confirmed Mohamed Camara and Kyle Fleetwood are transferring from USC.

jbcarol

Cody Jones ‏@CJonesScout ·Apr 12
Former UF QB Jacoby Brissett in NC State spring game RT @PackFootball Final stats: Brissett 24-37, 365 yds, 2 TDs.

NC State is QB Transfer U.  Both ways.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on April 12, 2014, 03:01:38 pm
AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  22h
NCAA grants former Alabama QB Luke Del Rio immediate eligibility at Oregon State http://ow.ly/vHJDD

Jack's son

"It's actually not as big of a difference as people think .... We have receivers that could compete for starting jobs down there. We have O-linemen that could compete for starting jobs down there."

-- Luke Del Rio comparing Oregon State offensive players to his former teammates at Bama.

jbcarol

Jen Smith ‏@jenheraldleader ·34m
QB Jalen Whitlow plans to transfer, UK announces.

Whitlow's father had recently taken to Twitter:

WJ Whitlow ‏@waltwhitlow1 ·Apr 10
@KySportsRadio  post this: Give Jalen, the players and the coaches a chance if u are real fans.  Try making these kids want to be @ Kentucky

@KySportsRadio  i will say this, there are other teams who would love to have him if the BBN really don't want him.

@KySportsRadio Jalen had 2 injured shoulders last year along with first yr coach and system.  He will work hard and has a bright future.

@KySportsRadio  Hi Matt-- Walter, Jalens father-Please post! Allow me say a few things. There's a lot on negativity surrounding Jalen.

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman ·1 hr
Aggies needed Matt Joeckel, no question, as fallback option at QB. He obviously didn't care to be the fall-back guy as a senior.

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman ·48 mins
Aggies suddenly hurting for depth at QB with Joeckel's intended transfer (blog):
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/aggies/2014/04/joeckels-transfer-will-leave-aggies-hurting-for-depth-at-qb/ ...

ldfergu

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10790104/quarterback-matt-joeckel-transfer-texas-aggies

The aggies sure are thin at QB now!  Im sure K Hill will not be suspended any games for his recent arrest... I really hope they suck this year, there success is annoying

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB ·3 hrs
Possible landing spots for A&M transfer QB Matt Joeckel (eligible in 2014): #TCU & #SMU

jbcarol

Jen Smith ‏@jenheraldleader  Apr 18
With departure of Jalen Whitlow, more than half of UK's 2012 recruiting class is now gone. http://ukfootball.bloginky.com/2014/04/18/closer-look-at-phillips-final-recruiting-classes/ ...

jbcarol

Thomas Murphy ‏@TomMurphyADG  5h
Bielema: Says Horace Arkadie's situation is "out of his hands." In school but no longer with the team. Looking at options

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports ·4 hrs
Former Auburn, Alabama OL target Austin Golson considering transfer from Ole Miss  http://ow.ly/vZYJb  http://ow.ly/i/5jocI

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL ·8 hrs
Austin Golson is looking to transfer closer to home (Prattville, Ala.).

jbcarol

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  1h 
Missouri confirms that redshirt freshman QB Trent Hosick has decided to transfer. Story coming

JackJohnson

Quote from: jbcarol on April 21, 2014, 05:01:30 pm
AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports ·4 hrs
Former Auburn, Alabama OL target Austin Golson considering transfer from Ole Miss  http://ow.ly/vZYJb  http://ow.ly/i/5jocI

Was committed to FSU and flipped to Ole Mi$$ on $igning day.  I wonder if mi$$ing out on the NC wa$ worth the $igning bonu$

DeltaBoy

April 22, 2014, 09:28:55 am #78 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:41:17 am by DeltaBoy
Quote from: jbcarol on April 16, 2014, 01:25:55 pm
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB ·3 hrs
Possible landing spots for A&M transfer QB Matt Joeckel (eligible in 2014): #TCU & #SMU

That is a great pick up for  TCU!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/headlines/20140417-former-texas-am-qb-matt-joeckel-confirms-transfer-to-tcu1.ece
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Tennessee tailback Alden Hill is leaving the Volunteers.

The rising redshirt sophomore from Ohio announced his departure via his Instagram on Tuesday evening.

"As of today I'm sad to say I'm no longer a Tennessee Vol," Hill wrote in the post. "I have decided to move on for my best interest and find a new home. I have loved Tennessee and the entire Big Orange family. I thank the coaches and the fans for my time here and will always remember my time spent at Tennessee, my first true love."

The 6-foot-2, 215-pound Hill signed with Tennessee in 2012 out of Marlington High School in Alliance, where he set the school's record for career rushing yards as a junior. He was rated as a three-star prospect by both Rivals.com and 247sports.com.

After taking a redshirt season, Hill appeared in eight games last season. He carried the ball 10 times for 58 yards and scored the only touchdown of his career deep into garbage time of the Vols' 59-14 loss at Oregon. That game, in mid-September, was the last one in which he registered a carry.

He played primarily on special teams for the next few games, but didn't play in the season's last four games.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2014/apr/22/tailback-alden-hill-says-hes-leaving-tennessee

jbcarol

UK's Mark Stoops says wide receiver AJ Legree has quit the team and will transfer. The junior caught 19 passes for 210 yards in his two seasons at Kentucky, as well as ten tackles on special teams. When asked about it, Stoops said "We want the guys who want to be here."

In addition, Stoops announced wide receiver Jeff Badet has a broken fibula and will be out a few months.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/aj-legree-is-transferring-jeff-badet-has-a-broken-fibula

JansterZ71

Quote from: jbcarol on April 21, 2014, 05:05:28 pm
Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL ·8 hrs
Austin Golson is looking to transfer closer to home (Prattville, Ala.).
Probably end up at Auburn.  But he will probably not be on scholarship until year 2 of being there
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

jbcarol

UF defensive back/WR and redshirt freshman Marqui Hawkins will transfer.

'13 3-star from Columbus Carver.  Held offers from the top half of the SEC including Bama, Aubbie, UGa, ...

jbcarol

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/collins-arkansas-i-love-it-here

Alex Collins got the opportunity to put the rumors to rest...

jbcarol

April 29, 2014, 04:53:59 pm #84 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:16:41 pm by jbcarol
Josh Newberg is reporting former Missouri wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham and former Kentucky quarterback Jalen Whitlow are considering a transfer to Eastern Illinois. Green-Beckham was dismissed from Mizzou on April 11 after a string of off-the-field issues and Whitlow left Lexington midway through spring ball.

Dan Lucy ‏@DanLucySports  1h
John Beckham says reports on DGB to Eastern Illinois are untrue.  Says they're not at that stage to make decision yet.

Jalen Whitlow @JWhitlow_2
Follow
I have NOT made a decision on where I'm going to school. These rumors are bogus!
5:02 PM - 29 Apr 2014

Man.

jbcarol

Adam Himmelsbach ‏@AdamHimmelsbach ·16 hrs
Jalen Whitlow's dad tells me former UK quarterback has not selected a college yet. Eastern Illinois is one of 5 schools he's considering.

Whitlow's dad said QB was 'a little mortified' by report he was likely headed to Eastern Illinois. Still no timetable for choice.

Mortified that it was reported he was going there with DGB or mortified that he didn't get to "break" the news himself?

jbcarol

jbcarol

Evan Flood ‏@Evan_Flood Apr 29

BREAKING: #Badgers offer Florida transfer Marqui Hawkins via @RyanBartow

jbcarol

Quarterback David Olson has transferred from Stanford to Clemson.

jbcarol

UVa TE transfer Jake McGee has transferred to Florida. He will be eligible in 2014.

jbcarol

Shaq Wiggins is transferring from UGa.

'13 Sandy Creek 4-star CB.

jbcarol

jbcarol

UGa WR Uriah LeMay is transferring.  His brother, QB Christian, transferred earlier.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Total Blue Sports @TotalBlueSports  ·  May 12

BYU gets a commit from Missouri QB transfer Trent Hosick. Hosick, a four-star, dual QB, committed to Coach Mendenhall today. -Talo Steves

jbcarol

Quote from: JansterZ71 on April 23, 2014, 03:35:06 pm
Probably end up at Auburn.  But he will probably not be on scholarship until year 2 of being there

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  · 

Former Ole Miss OT Austin Golson will walk-on at Auburn http://on.thec-l.com/1gebr2H ...

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  · 

Austin Golson will walkon at Auburn, following "normal transfer rules."

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB May 14

Ex Ill 5-star buried on depthchart MT @ChrisPSwanson: #USC RB Ty Isaac has been released from his scholarship, will transfer closer to home.

jbcarol

Former Georgia receiver Uriah Lemay is transferring to Charlotte

QuoteThe native of Matthews, N.C. — a suburb of Charlotte — redshirted last fall for Georgia.

Lemay was one of four Georgia players charged with theft by deception in a check-cashing scheme — the players attempted to cash stipend checks from Georgia multiple times. Lemay was charged with four counts of theft, and may have faced a suspension if he were convicted.

Charlotte is in the process of becoming an FBS school

Will play in Conf USA.

Uriah's brother, QB Christian LeMay also transferred from UGa.

jbcarol

Bobby Petrino is working hard to add SEC transfers Shaq Wiggins, Ja'Quay Williams

QuoteFormer Georgia cornerback Shaq Wiggins and former Texas A&M receiver Jaquay Williams are visiting Louisville's campus tonight as a potential transfer spot, according to a source.

Wiggins started eight games as a freshman in 2013, recording 19 tackles with two interceptions and four pass breakups, but he's leaving Georgia for what coach Mark Richt calls a "fresh start."

Williams had four catches for 71 yards and a touchdown for the 2013 Aggies, but the highly rated prep player out of Georgia wants to get closer to home.

Louisville defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, who coordinated Georgia's defense for four seasons, is serving as a landing strip for former Bulldogs defenders.

UofL now has Harvey-Clemons, the DB who tipped the Prayer in Jordan Hare pass.

jbcarol

Former Kentucky quarterback Jalen Whitlow is transferring to Eastern Illinois.

"Joining the Panthers roster for the 2014 season are quarterback Jalen Whitlow a transfer from Kentucky; wide receiver Stephen Bravo-Brown a transfer from South Florida; defensive back Anthony Standifer a transfer from Mississippi; and cornerback Cedric Julius a transfer from San Bernardino College."

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2014/05/21/jalen-whitlow-transfers-to-eastern-illinois

Had been earlier rumors that DGB would join this group