Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA vs ASU

Started by hogz11, December 12, 2013, 08:33:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 19, 2013, 09:26:14 pm
And once again I must point out that it was a HOG fan that started this thread. I really wish some of you would take the time to note who the OP was before you go off on a WOLF chase wanting to blame the ASU fan base for this thread.

But yet, you feel it necessary to continue posting the same old useless rhetoric over and over. Why not spend all this time & energy supporting your team, instead of arguing about the "Game to End All Games" on a Hog message board?
Who cares who started the thread. Why is this so important to you? It's an obsession for some of you zealots.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 19, 2013, 10:19:51 pm
But yet, you feel it necessary to continue posting the same old useless rhetoric over and over. Why not spend all this time & energy supporting your team, instead of arguing about the "Game to End All Games" on a Hog message board?
Who cares who started the thread. Why is this so important to you? It's an obsession for some of you zealots.

You missed his point...the zealot, in this case, wasn't a stAte fan.  It was a hog fan. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 19, 2013, 10:31:42 pm
You missed his point...the zealot, in this case, wasn't a stAte fan.  It was a hog fan. 

Do you know how many times the OP (or zealot, as you claim) has posted in this thread?.....a whopping 4 times in 10 pages. Care to venture a guess of how many times Golfnut57 or Sweet Feet have posted in this thread? I think we know who the zealots are.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 19, 2013, 10:53:19 pm
Do you know how many times the OP (or zealot, as you claim) has posted in this thread?.....a whopping 4 times in 10 pages. Care to venture a guess of how many times Golfnut57 or Sweet Feet have posted in this thread? I think we know who the zealots are.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess more than 4?  I don't know at what level zealotry begins, maybe now I too am a zealot?

Dropkick

I wouldn't lump golfnuts57 in with sweet feet. 57 isn't a pot stirrer he just defends his team.

TheOtherColombia

And I will give you that I don't know what point sweet feet was trying to make, I think Golf was just trying to point out that it isn't always a stAte fan who starts the conversation.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 19, 2013, 10:56:32 pm
Gonna go out on a limb and guess more than 4?  I don't know at what level zealotry begins, maybe now I too am a zealot?

They almost topped 4 on this page alone. It is hard to understand the obsession that some ASU fans have about this game.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dropkick on December 19, 2013, 10:58:40 pm
I wouldn't lump golfnuts57 in with sweet feet. 57 isn't a pot stirrer he just defends his team.

The only comparison I was making was in the number of posts in this thread. Nothing more.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 19, 2013, 11:02:04 pm
They almost topped 4 on this page alone. It is hard to understand the obsession that some ASU fans have about this game.

I think that there is some want on the hog side of the aisle too.  Look at how many hog fans said they would like to see it.  If you look at just the game aspect, it would actually make for an interesting football game.  Neither side needs the game, there are folks on both sides that want the game so to wonder why the possibility isn't at least explored is a legit question.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 19, 2013, 11:05:20 pm
I think that there is some want on the hog side of the aisle too.  Look at how many hog fans said they would like to see it.  If you look at just the game aspect, it would actually make for an interesting football game.  Neither side needs the game, there are folks on both sides that want the game so to wonder why the possibility isn't at least explored is a legit question.

The possibility has been explored time and time again. There is nothing more that either side can add to the argument for or against. It is beating a dead horse....over and over and over.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 19, 2013, 11:08:40 pm
The possibility has been explored time and time again. There is nothing more that either side can add to the argument for or against. It is beating a dead horse....over and over and over.

You're right...but ultimately both of these are state supported institutions and as such if it can be shown that there is enough support from fans of both programs then each institution owes it to their fans to at least explore the options.  The politics and rhetoric and name calling and the agendas (real or imagined) should all be put aside to give fans what they want.  If there is no support for or interest in then the subject would not keep coming up. If an effort were made, and an agreement could not be reached that would probably pacify a lot of folks. 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Some of you need to make up your mind which side of the fence you are on.

Soon.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Notshavin on December 20, 2013, 12:56:51 am
Some of you need to make up your mind which side of the fence you are on.

Soon.

As tax payers, by default, we all support BOTH schools.  So the fence only really exists between people that give additional money to either university.  I would venture to say that subset is smaller than the overall tax base. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 20, 2013, 11:10:36 am
As tax payers, by default, we all support BOTH schools.  So the fence only really exists between people that give additional money to either university.  I would venture to say that subset is smaller than the overall tax base. 

I think you missed the point on the "fence" comment. I have a feeling it had nothing to do with being a tax payer.

hawgfan4life

OK.  This is NOT rocket science:

ASU goes to places like AUB, Ole Miss, NEB, A&M, etc. every year to play games against major D1 program.  Every other year, they go to Fayetteville.  AR went to Rutgers this year for crying out loud.  Every other year, AR goes to Little Rock for ASU's home game.  The same as when AR played some LA school in Little Rock and it was an away game for AR.  All MONEY stays in-state both years.  That amounts to a NET Gain for the state of AR and not a whole lot different than what already occurs.  This game is a NET Gain for the State of Arkansas and that is who benefits.  I am NOT an ASU fan and am a long-time Razorback fan.  This game would be exciting.  Nobody has made one good reason NOT to play.  Nothing to gain?  What is to gain from all the other cup-cake games if they were to beat us like has happened more than we want to admit.  Hurt recruiting?  How?  If we are the elite program, the elite players will want to come here.  Not playing is cowardice if the reason is we are worried they might beat us.

If nothing else, lets play them in basketball.  Maybe we will get more than 7,000 fans to show up for a midweek non-conference game.

LZH

Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 20, 2013, 11:35:23 amAR went to Rutgers this year for crying out loud. 

Pretty sure that had alot to do with the SEC-level high school talent in NJ/Eastern Pennsylvania that are now winding up at places like Penn St, Rutgers, or Boston College.  We've recruited a few guys from that area.  It's not just good basketball territory anymore.

Dropkick

Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 20, 2013, 11:35:23 am
OK.  This is NOT rocket science:

ASU goes to places like AUB, Ole Miss, NEB, A&M, etc. every year to play games against major D1 program.  Every other year, they go to Fayetteville.  AR went to Rutgers this year for crying out loud.  Every other year, AR goes to Little Rock for ASU's home game.  The same as when AR played some LA school in Little Rock and it was an away game for AR.  All MONEY stays in-state both years.  That amounts to a NET Gain for the state of AR and not a whole lot different than what already occurs.  This game is a NET Gain for the State of Arkansas and that is who benefits.  I am NOT an ASU fan and am a long-time Razorback fan.  This game would be exciting.  Nobody has made one good reason NOT to play.  Nothing to gain?  What is to gain from all the other cup-cake games if they were to beat us like has happened more than we want to admit.  Hurt recruiting?  How?  If we are the elite program, the elite players will want to come here.  Not playing is cowardice if the reason is we are worried they might beat us.

If nothing else, lets play them in basketball.  Maybe we will get more than 7,000 fans to show up for a midweek non-conference game.
We have and have had people plenty capable of making these decisions without your expertise.

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 20, 2013, 11:10:36 am

Any more tax talk and I'm shutting this forum down.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

GolfNut57

Want to show me where I have argued for the game to be played on here?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 20, 2013, 12:28:38 pm

Want to show me where I have argued for the game to be played on here?

No, but your avatar better be gone by sundown.

LZH

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Notshavin on December 20, 2013, 12:26:52 pm
Any more tax talk and I'm shutting this forum down.

Just curious as to why?  It is a fact that both universities are supported by tax dollars, so why would that present a problem in a public forum?  The point I was simply trying to make is that whether we want to or not, we all support both institutions.  The fence that was being spoken of only exists between people who give additional money to one university or the other...and that fence is really probably just a small subset of the overall population.  What exactly is wrong with that?

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 20, 2013, 12:40:39 pm
Just curious as to why?  It is a fact that both universities are supported by tax dollars, so why would that present a problem in a public forum?  The point I was simply trying to make is that whether we want to or not, we all support both institutions.  The fence that was being spoken of only exists between people who give additional money to one university or the other...and that fence is really probably just a small subset of the overall population.  What exactly is wrong with that?

Can't really put my finger on it.  It's like marrying your 1st cousin.  Just not right

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Notshavin on December 20, 2013, 12:43:21 pm
Can't really put my finger on it.  It's like marrying your 1st cousin.  Just not right

So you don't really have a reason.  Here is how it boils down imho...the universities both belong to the people of arkansas.  As such, if there are fans on both sides interested in pursuing the game, then what truly is the harm of seeing if an agreement can be reached?  If it can't it can't, if it can great.  I personally don't care one way or the other but for either university to try to be bigger than the people that "own" them is just silly.

LZH

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 20, 2013, 12:49:02 pm
So you don't really have a reason.

Oh, he has a damn good reason.  Try him.

TheOtherColombia

jesterzzn

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 20, 2013, 12:49:02 pm
I personally don't care one way or the other but for either university to try to be bigger than the people that "own" them is just silly.

This is the silliest thing I've seen post on this topic in a while.  Thank you.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 20, 2013, 12:57:06 pm

Welcome, it is just my opinion and in the grand scheme of things doesn't amount to a hill of beans :)

ricepig

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 20, 2013, 12:57:06 pm

Dumb arse doesn't know who owns what, probably thinks the public owns the Razorbacks.

DLUXHOG

Men:   This is a RAZORBACK board...   Please.... enough with ASU Indian junk,  good grief it's like some version of the GSD......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DoctorSusscrofa

I thought fences were where Auburn and Ohio State players get rid of stuff they stole or were given.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2013, 01:02:53 pm
Dumb arse doesn't know who owns what, probably thinks the public owns the Razorbacks.

Who does?

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on December 20, 2013, 01:08:14 pm
I thought fences were where Auburn and Ohio State players get rid of stuff they stole or were given.

hahahahaha, now that is funny

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 20, 2013, 01:26:38 pm
Frank owns them.....

Ahh, who is he going to leave them to? 

LZH

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 20, 2013, 01:40:20 pm
Ahh, who is he going to leave them to? 

AYKM?  Frank will be around forever...and ever...and ever.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 20, 2013, 01:45:57 pm
AYKM?  Frank will be around forever...and ever...and ever.

hahahahahaha

ricepig

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 20, 2013, 01:09:16 pm
Who does?

It's like asking how much a Porsche cost, if you have to ask..............

GreenwayTigerHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 20, 2013, 01:03:58 pm
Men:   This is a RAZORBACK board...   Please.... enough with ASU Indian junk,  good grief it's like some version of the GSD......

Speaking of the GSD...

j/k

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2013, 01:48:21 pm
It's like asking how much a Porsche cost, if you have to ask..............

Yeah but if you don't ask, how do you know how much to write the check for ;)

ricepig

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 20, 2013, 02:08:42 pm
Yeah but if you don't ask, how do you know how much to write the check for ;)

They tell you!

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2013, 02:35:56 pm
They tell you!

Oh, well I guess I have no patience and don't want to wait to find out so I just ask up front :) 

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: Dropkick on December 20, 2013, 11:50:19 am
We have and have had people plenty capable of making these decisions without your expertise.
Failed to see his expertise that you were referring to.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 19, 2013, 09:26:14 pm
And once again I must point out that it was a HOG fan that started this thread. I really wish some of you would take the time to note who the OP was before you go off on a WOLF chase wanting to blame the ASU fan base for this thread.
99.9% of us are not "blaming the ASU fan base" for starting the thread. We are just so TIRED of rebutting the ASU fanatics who PERPETUATE threads like this with ill-informed commentary.

Is every Hog fan/poster on threads like this as thorough and detailed as HogCzar1? Obviously not. We're just really tired of trying to justify/explain so often....

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on December 20, 2013, 07:26:42 pm
99.9% of us are not "blaming the ASU fan base" for starting the thread. We are just so TIRED of rebutting the ASU fanatics who PERPETUATE threads like this with ill-informed commentary.

Is every Hog fan/poster on threads like this as thorough and detailed as HogCzar1? Obviously not. We're just really tired of trying to justify/explain so often....
My advice is don't.

Playing the Razorbacks is simply not a big deal..............to anyone, and more so with every passing year and that is a fact.

I think a few would like to think it is but what can you say.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 21, 2013, 02:51:26 pm
My advice is don't.

Playing the Razorbacks is simply not a big deal..............to anyone, and more so with every passing year and that is a fact.

I think a few would like to think it is but what can you say.

So, it was all Razorback fans who voted in that poll to play the game? Cool, one always learns so much from your vast knowlwdge on all things Razorbacks and Wuffs.

sarcasm/off

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on December 21, 2013, 03:01:41 pm
So, it was all Razorback fans who voted in that poll to play the game? Cool, one always learns so much from your vast knowlwdge on all things Razorbacks and Wuffs.

sarcasm/off
Again, playing the Razorbacks is simply not a big deal, so if a poster here does not bring it up, I doubt it will be brought up. Falls under who cares.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Dropkick

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 21, 2013, 03:09:12 pm
Again, playing the Razorbacks is simply not a big deal, so if a poster here does not bring it up, I doubt it will be brought up. Falls under who cares.
Exactly

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 21, 2013, 03:09:12 pm
Precisely. Please forward your note to all ASU fans who either start or perpetuate threads like these that DO bring it up.

Thank you.