Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

World Cup Brazil 2014

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, December 07, 2013, 01:55:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBell

Timothy Chandler suffered a tear in his lateral meniscus about three weeks ago.  He's probably going to be out at least through the month of March.  That would give him just 5-6 weeks to get fully in shape and in form for Brazil.  Very low probability that happens.

I will guarantee you 100% that Geoff Cameron is a defender for the US at the World Cup.  I can't say 100% that he'll be at RB, but I'd put strong money on him being the US starter at RB.

Brek Shea will be part of the US World Cup roster, barring injury, and Wondolowski will not.  Shea is the X factor off the bench that Klinsmann wants and no one is even close to taking that spot.  IF Klinsmann takes a fourth true forward, it will be Agudelo or Boyd, not Wondo.  He just hasn't shown enough against good competition to warrant a place in the 23.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: JayBell on February 27, 2014, 10:31:07 pm
Timothy Chandler suffered a tear in his lateral meniscus about three weeks ago.  He's probably going to be out at least through the month of March.  That would give him just 5-6 weeks to get fully in shape and in form for Brazil.  Very low probability that happens.

I will guarantee you 100% that Geoff Cameron is a defender for the US at the World Cup.  I can't say 100% that he'll be at RB, but I'd put strong money on him being the US starter at RB.

Brek Shea will be part of the US World Cup roster, barring injury, and Wondolowski will not.  Shea is the X factor off the bench that Klinsmann wants and no one is even close to taking that spot.  IF Klinsmann takes a fourth true forward, it will be Agudelo or Boyd, not Wondo.  He just hasn't shown enough against good competition to warrant a place in the 23.

You know, I "like" Wondo....as in he reminds me of me.  I was a very good forward, but like I was he just doesn't have that world class speed, athleticism and has probably way overachieved.  You want to root for him, but you just know there is someone that is better overall and you would be taking up a precious spot with a likeable guy.

What are your thoughts on Cameron.  I haven't seen him much.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

JayBell

Quote from: Notshavin on February 27, 2014, 10:44:26 pmWhat are your thoughts on Cameron.  I haven't seen him much.

He's a boss at Stoke.  He began his time at RB as a good defender playing out of place.  He has adapted very well and is now simply a very good right back.  Cameron has been garnering praise consistently and could possibly end up as Player of the Year at Stoke City.

Good defending, good passing and good crossing.  Cameron is the complete package right now at right back.  I don't think you move a guy out of a position when he's performing so well there.

HometownHawg

I read that about Chandler and forgot well he's out. Cameron with his consistency can be a good option for us. And I am not a big fan of Wondo I don't think he gives us much in the game but for some reason Klinsy likes him and that is what I based it off of. As for Shea he is so hit and miss but when he's on he is a great super sub. I haven't been able to catch up with USMNT lately (the Mexico game was the last I have been able to watch) but it seems Shea may have been falling out of Klinsy's favor. Maybe he was just letting him settle with his club.

JayBell

Quote from: HometownHawg on February 27, 2014, 11:11:06 pmI read that about Chandler and forgot well he's out. Cameron with his consistency can be a good option for us. And I am not a big fan of Wondo I don't think he gives us much in the game but for some reason Klinsy likes him and that is what I based it off of. As for Shea he is so hit and miss but when he's on he is a great super sub. I haven't been able to catch up with USMNT lately (the Mexico game was the last I have been able to watch) but it seems Shea may have been falling out of Klinsy's favor. Maybe he was just letting him settle with his club.

Mexico, last fall?  Shea was battling injuries.  He has always been preferred by Klinsmann.  It's just been a matter of health and playing time.

Shea is getting the most playing time now than he has in the last year and a half.  That playing time is in the Championship, but it's something.  Shea offers traits that no one else in the US player pool does.  If he's healthy, he's going to Brazil.

JayBell

And you're forgetting Alejandro Bedoya at Nantes in Ligue 1.  With Dempsey and Bradley back to MLS, Bedoya is playing at about as high a level as any US field players in Europe.  He's up there with Cameron, Kljestan, Jones, Fabian and Johannsson.

Replace Chandler and Wondolowski with Shea and Bedoya on your roster, and I think you're close to the final group.

HometownHawg

Quote from: JayBell on February 28, 2014, 12:45:10 am
Mexico, last fall?  Shea was battling injuries.  He has always been preferred by Klinsmann.  It's just been a matter of health and playing time.

Shea is getting the most playing time now than he has in the last year and a half.  That playing time is in the Championship, but it's something.  Shea offers traits that no one else in the US player pool does.  If he's healthy, he's going to Brazil.

Geez was it last fall? Time flies when you are moving cities. If he's healthy and playing well it just makes our midfield that much deeper and that could let us move Fabian back.

JayBell

Quote from: HometownHawg on February 28, 2014, 12:50:17 amGeez was it last fall? Time flies when you are moving cities. If he's healthy and playing well it just makes our midfield that much deeper and that could let us move Fabian back.

Klinsmann's options at wide midfield are insane compared to four years ago.  Wide play was a big weakness for the US in South Africa.

Now any combination of Donovan, Dempsey, Bedoya, Zusi and Fabian could start out wide.  Shea and Johnson are both options for an attacking winger off the bench.  Fabian could start at RB or LB and we could see Donovan and/or Dempsey deployed behind the striker.

It's all fluid.  Klinsmann has a ton of options.

HometownHawg

Quote from: JayBell on February 28, 2014, 12:53:32 am
Klinsmann's options at wide midfield are insane compared to four years ago.  Wide play was a big weakness for the US in South Africa.

Now any combination of Donovan, Dempsey, Bedoya, Zusi and Fabian could start out wide.  Shea and Johnson are both options for an attacking winger off the bench.  Fabian could start at RB or LB and we could see Donovan and/or Dempsey deployed behind the striker.

It's all fluid.  Klinsmann has a ton of options.
I was just thinking about a few years ago after the GC Final getting beat by Mexico. It seemed like US soccer was in a free fall but now we are building something formidable.

Cotton

I like Wondo, and I'll tell you why. No he isn't the fastest, most skilled, and doesnt have great size... But that kid is full of winner. He doesn't have a losing bone in his body. He always gives 110%, he makes plays, and makes people around him better. If I'm a coach, I want a player like that on my team because he brings out the best in people.

I think the tough decision is Bedoya or Shea. I don't know that there is a right answer, but how nice is it to have tough decisions to make when choosing the 23 man?! Wasn't too long ago anybody outside our starting 11 was a huge drop off. Bedoya is in his potential stage while Shea is a player that you know what you're going to get out of him. There's a reason JK is payed the big bucks and not me though. Either way I love our options!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

JayBell

Quote from: Cotton on February 28, 2014, 06:22:21 pmI like Wondo, and I'll tell you why. No he isn't the fastest, most skilled, and doesnt have great size... But that kid is full of winner. He doesn't have a losing bone in his body. He always gives 110%, he makes plays, and makes people around him better. If I'm a coach, I want a player like that on my team because he brings out the best in people.

He hasn't won anything at San Jose save for one Supporters Shield.  He hasn't scored against any notable international opposition.

Wondolowski is a great guy.  So is Brad Davis.  They're legit MLS All-Stars, but they are not World Cup players for an ambitious team in the toughest group in the tournament.  Wondo is just another in a long list of successful MLS forwards who never made much of an impact on the international level for the US: Twellman, Razov, Cunningham, etc.

Quote from: Cotton on February 28, 2014, 06:22:21 pmI think the tough decision is Bedoya or Shea. I don't know that there is a right answer, but how nice is it to have tough decisions to make when choosing the 23 man?! Wasn't too long ago anybody outside our starting 11 was a huge drop off. Bedoya is in his potential stage while Shea is a player that you know what you're going to get out of him. There's a reason JK is payed the big bucks and not me though. Either way I love our options!

It's not an either or between those two guys.  If both are healthy, they're going to Brazil.  I won't go so far as to say I guarantee it because I'm not infallible, but I'd say there is a 95% chance both go.

Bedoya is a legit starting option.  He's in his prime and playing about as good as any American Abroad right now.  It's not a given that Zusi, Fabian or even Clint Dempsey start over him.  I could see almost any combination of those four guys and Donovan deployed out wide and behind the striker.  We'll get a look at Bedoya last week.  He'll start against Ukraine if that game is played.

Shea is going too.  He just has that X factor that Klinsmann wants.  Shea has been preferred by JK since Day 1.  He started his first five games at Barnsley and has subbed in the last three games.  As one of the last few guys on the roster, his only role is to simply run at teams late in the game to provide an important goal.

Cotton

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

JayBell

I would think the starting XI will be Howard, Cameron, Onyewu, Brooks, Castillo, Bedoya, Kljestan, Jones, Fabian, Dempsey, Altidore.

Folks keep projecting Johannsson to start and Fabian to start at LB.  I could be wrong, but I think Klinsmann has shown that he trusts Castillo and prefers Fabian in midfield.  That would push Johannsson out of the starting lineup.

I've also see some projects for Danny Williams or Will Packwood to start.  Williams would make the midifeld too defensive and I seriously don't see Packwood starting in his first cap.

JayBell

Quote from: JayBell on March 05, 2014, 11:07:06 amI would think the starting XI will be Howard, Cameron, Onyewu, Brooks, Castillo, Bedoya, Kljestan, Jones, Fabian, Dempsey, Altidore.

*self pat on the back*

It took me about two years, but I've got a pretty good read on Klinsmann's player preferences now.  I hated seeing Bob go just because I always had a good read on his roster and lineup selections.

Cotton

I feel like we called every defender possible and they all couldn't make it, so we were like, whelp, Onyewu, you're in.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

JayBell

Quote from: Cotton on March 05, 2014, 01:57:00 pmI feel like we called every defender possible and they all couldn't make it, so we were like, whelp, Onyewu, you're in.

Klinsmann and some fans are still clinging to the hope that Onyewu will get some mojo back.  It's unfortunate that Ream had to stay with Bolton because the defense would have been much better with him paired with Onyewu or Brooks.

Cameron is Klinsmann's right back for the World Cup.  It's dumb for people to beg for him to slide over to CB just for a friendly.  Klinsmann needs to work with him as much at possible at RB to prepare him for the group games.

JayBell

Still, folks needs to stop freaking out about that first half.  Onyewu will not even get an invite to the pre-World Cup camp, Brooks had a chance to be the 4th CB on the roster but he is likely fading, same with Castillo at LB and Kljestan has had a stretch lately where the Anderlecht manager has sat him several games.

Howard, Cameron, Jones and Altidore are the only lock starters on the field right now.  Dempsey, Bedoya and Fabian have a chance, but it may not even be at the positions where they are playing.

JayBell

Quote from: arkjay19 on January 17, 2014, 10:08:05 amMy 19 locks right now are Howard, Guzan, Rimando, Cherundolo, Cameron, Besler, Gonzalez, Goodson, Beasley, Fabian, Bradley, Jones, Donovan, Zusi, Bedoya, Dempsey, Altidore, Johannsson and EJ.  That leaves just 4 other spots.  I'm thinking 1 more def, at least 1 more CM and 1 more attacker.

I would only change Cherundolo at this point.  I thought he would be healthier at this point.

Quote from: arkjay19 on January 17, 2014, 10:08:05 amBrek Shea has the inside track over everybody.  If he gets any playing time the next few months, he's in.  Agudelo is likely to hold off Boyd, Gomez and Wondolowski IF Klinsmann takes another forward.

I still believe this wholeheartedly.  And Julian Green may be preferred over Agudelo and Boyd if he declares for the USMNT ahead of the World Cup.

Quote from: arkjay19 on January 17, 2014, 10:08:05 amBrad Evans only makes the roster if Cherundolo can't go.  I just don't see Lichaj breaking in at this late stage or Castillo getting a World Cup nod.  I think Brooks and Orozco have the best chance at the fourth CB spot, but Ream has been playing well at Bolton.

I hope Ream gets another look because Brooks has not looked like someone you want, even as a backup, on the biggest stage.  Klinsmann needs a fullback to step up.  Lichaj may be benefiting more than anybody by today's performances.

Quote from: arkjay19 on January 17, 2014, 10:08:05 amI think the biggest competition is going go be at CM.  Beckerman is probably first choice if Holden isn't ready.  Both could possibly go.  If they don't, one of Mix and Kljestan is likely to get the final spot on the roster.

My guess is Shea, Brooks, Beckerman and Diskerud make the final 4 spots.  Of course at least one or two major injuries is likely to shake up the order of things.

I still feel pretty good about these picks.  Castillo, Onyewu and Kljestan probably played their way out of consideration.  Ream and Brooks need to get another look at the pre-World Cup camp.

I'd say Shea, Brooks and Beckerman are pretty solid at this point.

HometownHawg

Has Klinsy ever brought in Lichaj? That whole deal is just strange to me for a team who needs a RB so bad and not even to bring him in once over the years.

I agree Kljestan, Castillo and Onyewu played themselves out of consideration for a spot.

yraciv

What is everyones thoughts on Green? He is presumably in no way ready for the World Cup, but I'm leaning toward throwing him in at the end of the roster as a 4th forward. I doubt the more experienced other option sees the field anyways, and we can't lose this guy to Germany.

HometownHawg

Quote from: yraciv on March 05, 2014, 06:14:30 pm
What is everyones thoughts on Green? He is presumably in no way ready for the World Cup, but I'm leaning toward throwing him in at the end of the roster as a 4th forward. I doubt the more experienced other option sees the field anyways, and we can't lose this guy to Germany.
I doubt we lose him to Germany but I also doubt he gets a roster spot.

But he will be a great addition to push the strikers the next cycle. We could see Agudelo McInearny(sp) and Green all take steps forward in the next cycle.

Quote from: Cotton on February 26, 2014, 03:29:38 am
I still don't understand everybody's infatuation with Howard. He's an average keeper at best. Historically he's given up cheap goals and made bonehead decisions. Personally, I think Guzan deserves the chance to start but obviously it's way to late in the game to change now. I'll save this post and bring it back up this summer when Howard blows a game for us, again.

I gotta go back to this and disagree Cotton.  Just like we saw today, a lot of goals are scored on Howard right after he's made the save - his D just hasn't given him much help.

I've seen a couple of instances where he was out of position.  But for every one of those he's had 20 or so amazing saves.  I think he is as good as Kasey Keller(who is the best U.S. keeper in my lifetime, IMO) as far as his reflexes and incredible saves.

He also has valuable experience playing in some pressure-packed games in the Premiership.  You talk about pressure, they don't mess around over there.

The keeper position does not worry me as we head into the WC.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Breaking news:  Chicharito hurt in scoreless friendly, Nigeria vs. Mexico.  That's a huge loss for the Tri-color..

JayBell

Quote from: HometownHawg on March 05, 2014, 05:35:09 pmHas Klinsy ever brought in Lichaj? That whole deal is just strange to me for a team who needs a RB so bad and not even to bring him in once over the years.

I believe Klinsmann brought him in at the end of last year.  I'm not sure what his deal with Lichaj is, but Klinsmann is running out of other options.

I'm in no way clamoring for Lichaj to be a starter, but the alternatives are guys like Evans and Parkhurst.

A healthy Cherundolo would have the edge over all of them, but I've thought for a long time that Lichaj deserved a backup role.  He also has experience at both LB and RB, which would make him pretty valuable to have in Brazil.

JayBell

Quote from: HometownHawg on March 05, 2014, 09:06:28 pmI doubt we lose him to Germany but I also doubt he gets a roster spot.

But he will be a great addition to push the strikers the next cycle. We could see Agudelo McInearny(sp) and Green all take steps forward in the next cycle.

Don't underestimate the influence of Bayern Munich.  He would be much more valuable to them long term as a German international.  I'm still giving the edge to Germany.

That's why I'm of the opinion that if he wants to play for the US at the World Cup, you take him.

The US has a ton of young strikers right now and should be loaded in the next World Cup cycle.  Even behind Altidore and Johannsson, the US has Agudelo, Boyd, McInerney, Villarreal, Bobby Wood and Andrew Wooten.  Others like Salgado and Ruelas have faded over the last couple of years, but could still rise back up as their careers develop.

JayBell

Quote from: Notshavin on March 05, 2014, 09:17:16 pmI gotta go back to this and disagree Cotton.  Just like we saw today, a lot of goals are scored on Howard right after he's made the save - his D just hasn't given him much help.

I've seen a couple of instances where he was out of position.  But for every one of those he's had 20 or so amazing saves.  I think he is as good as Kasey Keller(who is the best U.S. keeper in my lifetime, IMO) as far as his reflexes and incredible saves.

He also has valuable experience playing in some pressure-packed games in the Premiership.  You talk about pressure, they don't mess around over there.

Agreed.

Howard has given up soft goals, all GK's do, but Timmy is unmatched at shot-stopping ability.  His reflexes are as good as anyone at surviving a bombardment.  With the US defense, that's the most important attribute.  He's in the prime for a goalkeeper and his organization has improved over the years.

I think 2014 is different from 2010 in that Guzan has come a long way.  With the shape he is in, he would go in now if Howard were to be injured like he was in 2010.

Howard will likely retire from international play this summer and Guzan will be the No. 1 GK for the next cycle.

Cotton

Quote from: Notshavin on March 05, 2014, 09:17:16 pm
I gotta go back to this and disagree Cotton.  Just like we saw today, a lot of goals are scored on Howard right after he's made the save - his D just hasn't given him much help.

The position doesn't worry me, as we have a backup keeper that is just as good, if not better than Howard. Howard makes poor decisions. He makes some great saves, but then gives up a cheap goal. Last night if course is not a good example as he was playing with a makeshift back line. However, I have watched him be inconsistent for years.

He's strongest qualities are his experience and vocal leadership. Both of those impress me. The thing is, Guzan has that experience as well and is much more consistent IMO.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: JayBell on March 06, 2014, 11:44:37 am
Agreed.

Howard has given up soft goals, all GK's do, but Timmy is unmatched at shot-stopping ability.  His reflexes are as good as anyone at surviving a bombardment.  With the US defense, that's the most important attribute.  He's in the prime for a goalkeeper and his organization has improved over the years.

I think 2014 is different from 2010 in that Guzan has come a long way.  With the shape he is in, he would go in now if Howard were to be injured like he was in 2010.

Howard will likely retire from international play this summer and Guzan will be the No. 1 GK for the next cycle.
I agree with you. Guzan was not ready 4 years ago. But in the last 2 years, he has matched Howard's play.

Howard - Great saves, good leadership. Fluke goals, silly mistakes.
Guzan - Great saves, consistent. Not as flashy as Howard.

I'll take consistent over the flashy any day.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

JayBell

Quote from: Cotton on March 06, 2014, 11:49:19 amI agree with you. Guzan was not ready 4 years ago. But in the last 2 years, he has matched Howard's play.

Howard - Great saves, good leadership. Fluke goals, silly mistakes.
Guzan - Great saves, consistent. Not as flashy as Howard.

I'll take consistent over the flashy any day.

I think you're overstating Howard's "silly mistakes" and Guzan's consistency.  Howard would not be starting for a club like Everton nor have had the club career he has had if he made mistakes all of the time.  I'm not saying he's perfect, but he's been one of the EPL's best for the last decade.

And Guzan has stepped up a lot, but if he was so good, he wouldn't still be at Aston Villa.  It's easy to say he's more consistent because he's not exactly as tested as Howard.  Villa gives up a lot of soft goals where Guzan has no chance, so it's hard to make a like for like comparison between the two.

I'm hoping Guzan moves somewhere better during the next cycle.

Hogsooey

Lichaj hurt his pelvis and appears to be out at least a month. He also might have to have surgery. Not sure why Klinsi hasn't given him more opportunities with the USMNT, but regardless, this injury really hurts any chances he had to somehow work his way onto the WC roster.

JayBell

Quote from: Hogsooey on March 06, 2014, 01:48:15 pmLichaj hurt his pelvis and appears to be out at least a month. He also might have to have surgery. Not sure why Klinsi hasn't given him more opportunities with the USMNT, but regardless, this injury really hurts any chances he had to somehow work his way onto the WC roster.

Definitely.  It's going to be Cameron at right back, Beasley at left back and Fabian as the backup option.

Looks like Evans is going to have his chance to make the roster, as will Parkhurst.  It's hard to see anyone else breaking in at the fullback spots.

I haven't seen Guzan play very much, so I'm glad he's that good.  We sure have come a LONG way since Tony Meola...

And I hope Beasley proves me wrong.  I can see more now Klinsman's thinking.  He definitely has experience and speed in his favor. 

I hope we get out of our group and then who knows what could happen.  This is going to be a great World Cup, regardless.

HometownHawg

Quote from: Notshavin on March 07, 2014, 12:07:39 am
I haven't seen Guzan play very much, so I'm glad he's that good.  We sure have come a LONG way since Tony Meola...

And I hope Beasley proves me wrong.  I can see more now Klinsman's thinking.  He definitely has experience and speed in his favor. 

I hope we get out of our group and then who knows what could happen.  This is going to be a great World Cup, regardless.
Man I just can't believe how unlucky we are to get this draw. I think we can pull one out against Ghana since it's our first match and it all depends about Ronaldo against Portugal if he plays like he did last World Cup we have a chance. Against Germany.... I just think we get beat something like 4-2.

Quote from: HometownHawg on March 07, 2014, 12:22:41 am
Man I just can't believe how unlucky we are to get this draw. I think we can pull one out against Ghana since it's our first match and it all depends about Ronaldo against Portugal if he plays like he did last World Cup we have a chance. Against Germany.... I just think we get beat something like 4-2.

Germany is LOADED with talent.  Fortunately, we have the Klinsman mojo and I do think it will be a factor.  He will know how to beat them, it's just a matter of whether we execute or not.

Also, I doubt Donovan and Beasley have forgotten the bitter 2002 quarter finals loss to the Germans, a game after they had eliminated Mexico.  Germany won 1-0, but in the second half, one of the German defenders stopped a ball on the goal line with his arm - it was a clear hand-ball.

Hogsooey

Julian Green switching to the USMNT. I haven't seen him play, but this sounds like a big get. Robben and Schweinsteiger said some really nice things about his game, so he's certainly made an impression at Bayern at such a young age. The way Klinsmann talked about him, you could almost tell he wants him on this year's WC squad. Hopefully, his switch is processed before the Mexico match and we get a shot to see if he is worth a flyer spot.

Cotton

Quote from: Hogsooey on March 19, 2014, 12:15:24 pm
Julian Green switching to the USMNT. I haven't seen him play, but this sounds like a big get. Robben and Schweinsteiger said some really nice things about his game, so he's certainly made an impression at Bayern at such a young age. The way Klinsmann talked about him, you could almost tell he wants him on this year's WC squad. Hopefully, his switch is processed before the Mexico match and we get a shot to see if he is worth a flyer spot.
He's good for sure. Idk if has much of a chance this late in the game to make the roster though.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

yraciv

Anxiously awaiting the Green debut next half.  Damn we looked good in that first half!  Wondo is going to make you keep him off the roster.  All that guy does is make plays and find the back of the net.

yraciv was referring to U.S. vs. Mexico.

Beginning the second half:

U.S. 2 
MEX 0

Who scored our goals?

Mexico just scored with a beautiful header by the captain Juarez.

Defense was atrocious, though.

U.S.:

Michael Bradley 15'

Wondo 28'

MEX:

Marquez 49'

Donovan, Green, Clarence Goodson coming in for the U.S.

And Green with a terrible header near midfield - he sent it back toward our goal, and Mexico begins a run

Mex player crosses it, takes a shot off the post and all alone - someone lost their man AGAIN! 

Mexico's Pulido scores on the rebound and very confusingly, Gonzales raises his hand trying to say he was offside.....on a rebound.

Tied 2-2

Both of Mexico's goals were because of a lapse in our defense.  Marquez' goal was a great header, but he was wide open and won the ball while our players just stood and watched him.

Good crowd, stadium looks full.  Venue is in Glendale, AZ - I think this is where the Cardinals play.

EDDIE JOHNSON ties it!!!

Great pass - Bradley wins the ball, taking it away passes it to Dempsey who made a perfect pass to Johsnon - and they call offsides...didn't look like it to me.

Crowd is upset - Believe it or not

We were just fouled hard in the box and the ref just says play on...

And it was Green who made a move and was fouled.

Terrible no-call

yraciv

Had a perfectly good goal, called offsides, on Eddie Johnson late.  BS, that better not happen when we get to Brazil.

Green looks incredibly good for an 18 year-old.  But from the little I've seen today he's not ready enough to take up a WC roster spot.