101 (28.7%)
56 (15.9%)
23 (6.5%)
More than 8
31 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 346

Mr. Blonde

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 04, 2013, 02:23:49 pm
I will bet you $100 the Hogs do not win 7 next year.

That is silly. It is well known you do not pay your bets.

Inhogswetrust

I think we will win every game...............................................................when we score more points than the opponent.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Mr. Blonde on December 04, 2013, 02:33:35 pm
That is silly. It is well known you do not pay your bets.
exactly what I was thinking
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Lake City Hog

I simply cannot understand the rational that some of you guys use for your picks.
Texas Tech = L
Georgia      = W
???
Do you guys really believe that from top to bottom Texas Tech is the equal of Georgia? Yes, Murray is gone but man look at the talent all over the field. Ask Georgia Tech if they are easy to beat without Murray.

I will go on record as saying that if we start 2 new corners and 2 new safeties we will struggle. Might not be quite as bad as this year but we won't come close to reaching our full potential. I have said all year that our talent is not as bad as people let on. Most of these kids were learning their 2nd or 3rd scheme and were to busy thinking to play ball.

pillowhog

Quote from: Razorfox on December 03, 2013, 03:04:45 pm
If we're learned anything from this year, it's that results have very little to do with the year before.  That being said, I doubt any of us really know even though my belief is that the second year of these players being in this system and with these coaches will pay dividends.  But I'll take a shot:

Auburn - probable loss since it's at Auburn
Nichols State - win
TTU – win
Northern IL - win
TX A&M – toss-up, assuming they lose the players I believe they will
Bama - loss, until we beat them, I will continue to think we will lose to them
UGA - loss
UAB – win
MSU - win
LSU - loss
Ole Miss - win
Mizzou - win

So, 7-5 or 8-4 depending on how the A&M game goes.
You gave a reason for the obvious losses and the two losses that are not obvious Georgia and LSU you give no reason.

Razorfox

Quote from: pillowhog on December 05, 2013, 02:42:55 pm
You gave a reason for the obvious losses and the two losses that are not obvious Georgia and LSU you give no reason.

Yeah, I guess it looks that way, even though it wasn't my intent. 

First, I'm still not sold on Auburn in the long run.  Yes, I know they just won the West, but I can't help but think of how much of a fluke their last two games were.  Therefore, I gave them the benefit of the doubt on it being an away game for us next year, but would have called it a toss-up if it were a home game for us. 

As for Bama, it was less of a reason and more of an amplification of the obviousness of my choice.  They could lose 2/3 of their roster and I would still pick them to beat us at this point simply because of what they've done to us the last 6 years. 

LSU and Georgia simply will still have enough of a talent advantage over us next year that I don't see us winning those two, although stranger things have happened.

Again, this is an exercise in futility because it's become quite obvious that teams successes/wins can change very quickly.   

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 04, 2013, 02:31:54 pm
The last two years, with terrible teams, we have played LSU and Ole Miss close. I just can't see us losing back-to-back weeks in RRS to LSU and Ole Miss, especially when this team will be much improved next year.

Arkansas will improve, but so will LSU and Ole Miss. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Rzbakfromwaybak

I boldly predict that we will win "a" game in Sept of 2014......& will break out of our 1 year slump....after that, I really have no idea. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

EastexHawg

Quote from: 1highhog on December 03, 2013, 05:00:39 pm
Still in the START of a major rebuilding process, I'm hoping for 6 wins next year.  That would be good progress made by this team, I know this is not a popular notion among many fans, but that's how I see it going down, hope we win more but we shouldn't get mad if we don't win more than that, we're moving from a completely different style of play to another, with that being said, there was progress being made this year, especially late.  Still very weak, lethargic is a better word with LB play and DB play, need help bad there, I don't see true freshmen coming in and helping much there.  We need better receiver play and QB play, hopefully this will actually help during the offseason workouts, one can hope anyhow.

You should go into politics.  Your attempts at lowering expectations so far that almost anything would be considered acceptable are both tranparent and remarkable.

PonderinHog

hollywood hog

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on December 03, 2013, 03:51:15 pm
Losing their best player so NIU is a W.

We're losing our best player too so it is a wash.  I voted 5 without looking at the schedule.  After seeing the schedule if we don't improve from this year we could win as few as 2.  I don't see QB play is gonna improve.  BA is probably the best we have.  People wanting to see Rafe thrown to the wolves are being crazy.  Look how tough of a year DGB had last season as a true freshman.  Transitioning from Missouri HS football to the SEC is a huge jump.

Arkiebrian

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 04, 2013, 02:31:54 pm
The last two years, with terrible teams, we have played LSU and Ole Miss close. I just can't see us losing back-to-back weeks in RRS to LSU and Ole Miss, especially when this team will be much improved next year.

I sure didn't expect to shutouts.

The_Iceman

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 05, 2013, 04:18:48 pm
Arkansas will improve, but so will LSU and Ole Miss. 

We, you got one out of two right. But we still beat them both.