ATM probable loss
Bama likely loss
UGA probable loss -- big upset opportunity
Uab likely win
@State likely win
LSU probable loss -- upset opportunity #2
Ole Miss Toss up
@Mizzou probable loss

This schedule is tough but I can see 6 wins as a realistic goal with 7 as a possibility.

I believe that 4 is the minimum for next year even with loads of bad luck and injuries.

I'm hoping for season 2 to be the 2nd step in the march toward legitimate competitiveness for division, conference, playoff, and BCS title(s).

Wps

WPS

Razorfox

If we're learned anything from this year, it's that results have very little to do with the year before.  That being said, I doubt any of us really know even though my belief is that the second year of these players being in this system and with these coaches will pay dividends.  But I'll take a shot:

Auburn - probable loss since it's at Auburn
Nichols State - win
TTU – win
Northern IL - win
TX A&M – toss-up, assuming they lose the players I believe they will
Bama - loss, until we beat them, I will continue to think we will lose to them
UGA - loss
UAB – win
MSU - win
LSU - loss
Ole Miss - win
Mizzou - win

So, 7-5 or 8-4 depending on how the A&M game goes. 

3kgthog

4. Nicholls, UGA, UAB, and MSU. Before you laugh at UGA, think about how often Richt teams play down to their opponent. They lose 1-2 a year they have no business losing.

EastexHawg

4 or 5.  After Nicholls State and UAB I can't tell you who we'll beat, but Miss State and maybe A&M are possibilities.  I have no idea how good Northern Illinois will be next year.

There are several other possibly winnable games, but if I had to bet the bass boat I would go with 5 or fewer.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 03, 2013, 03:28:20 pm
4 or 5.  After Nicholls State and UAB I can't tell you who we'll beat, but Miss State and maybe A&M are possibilities.  I have no idea how good Northern Illinois will be next year.

There are several other possibly winnable games, but if I had to bet the bass boat I would go with 5 or fewer.

Losing their best player so NIU is a W.

GolfNut57

Auburn - Loss
Nichols State - Win
TTU – Toss-up
Northern IL - Toss Up
TX A&M – Loss
Bama - Loss
UGA - Loss
UAB – Win
MSU - Win
LSU - Win
Ole Miss -Win
Mizzou -Loss

6-6 if they split the two I called toss ups.

Without knowing which games are road games this is my idea. My pick might change based on the location the games are played at.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

The_Iceman

Auburn - most likely a loss
Nichols State - win
TTU – 50/50 game, but I'll lean loss
Northern IL - win, Lynch will be gone.
TX A&M – 50/50 game, depends on who goes pro, I'll lean loss
Bama - loss
UGA - win, in LR, new QB for Georgia, and they always get injured
UAB – win
MSU - win, we'll pull this one out at home.
LSU - win, we've almost beat them the last two year, we'll get them at Home.
Ole Miss - win
Mizzou - loss, they lose a lot of Seniors, but Maty returns. They'll pull it off at home.

So I got 7-5. An LSU loss or Georgia loss could make us 6-6. Regardless, hopefully we'll get to 6 wins and go to a bowl game.

1highhog

Still in the START of a major rebuilding process, I'm hoping for 6 wins next year.  That would be good progress made by this team, I know this is not a popular notion among many fans, but that's how I see it going down, hope we win more but we shouldn't get mad if we don't win more than that, we're moving from a completely different style of play to another, with that being said, there was progress being made this year, especially late.  Still very weak, lethargic is a better word with LB play and DB play, need help bad there, I don't see true freshmen coming in and helping much there.  We need better receiver play and QB play, hopefully this will actually help during the offseason workouts, one can hope anyhow.

pfrg999

I am thinking 5-7... With great QB play we can do better.. with horrible QB play we could be worse
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

spiritof92

Quote from: pfrg999 on December 03, 2013, 05:07:39 pm
I am thinking 5-7... With great QB play we can do better.. with horrible QB play we could be worse

I think that's a fair assessment.  Hogs could have easily won 5 or 6 this season if it had not been for issues at the QB position. 

Ramtough

I said 6-6 a few weeks ago but I am now at 5-7. I think any thing better than 5-7 and Bielema is here for a few more years and anything worse and he likely is coaching his last year in the SEC.

Augustus

I'm going with 7 wins, maybe 8 if we pull an upset over LSU/Mizzou.... assuming our Defensive Secondary improves vastly over the off season, and our QB shows up.

@Auburn - Loss. we lose to Auburn until we can match points, or stop them.
Nichols State  - Win
@Texas Tech - Win.  Their signature win this year was a 4-8 TCU team.
A&M -  Win.  Assuming Manziel is gone.
Alabama -  Loss.
UGA - Win.  Murray will be gone, not sure about their backup. And, WMS will be packed, crazy, and LOUD
UAB - Win.
@Clanga - Win.  This year we end this God awful streak.
LSU -  Loss. most likely. It's a possible upset, with Mettenberger gone? But, Jeremy Hill though.
Ole Miss - Win. Assuming they play like this year.
@Mizzou - Loss, most likely. Unless we can upset. They're losing a lot of players, hopefully we're hitting on all cylinders

Wow... just realized I'm basing on a LOT of assumptions...  maybe we're 5-7. :(

GuvHog

IMHO it's too early to say. I'll make a prediction after the conclusion of spring practice.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

popcornhog

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on December 03, 2013, 05:24:44 pm
IMHO it's too early to say. I'll make a prediction after the conclusion of spring practice.

Of course it is. I will very likely revise my picks after Spring ball.

Still -- what do you think right now?
WPS

go hogues

@AUBURN - L
NSU - W
@TTU - L
ATM - L
BAMA - L
UGA - W
@MSU - L
LSU - W
OM - L
@MIZZ - L

Tough schedule next season and we still won't have all the pieces in place. Scores will be much closer and we might upset ATM in Jerry World. WPS
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

JeffSpicoli

How would the fan base react if we only win 3 or 4 but every single game is a dog fight to the bitter end with single digit losses?

Tsarcasm

Quote from: JeffSpicoli on December 03, 2013, 11:32:46 pm
How would the fan base react if we only win 3 or 4 but every single game is a dog fight to the bitter end with single digit losses?
probably about the same as this year.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Tsarcasm

Quote from: spiritof92 on December 03, 2013, 05:09:46 pm
I think that's a fair assessment.  Hogs could have easily won 5 or 6 this season if it had not been for issues at the QB position.
agreed
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Torqued pork

December 04, 2013, 04:30:59 am #20 Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:00:59 am by Bubbaswinestein
4 or 5 unless we can stretch the defense with a passing game and significantly reduce the big gains on our defense. We have a long way to go in both areas.

WayneHawg

With no Qb , and Hdn 2.0 as coach and a defense that can`t stop anyone, i say 3 wins may be a stretch

McKdaddy

Quote from: 1highhog on December 03, 2013, 05:00:39 pm
Still in the START of a major rebuilding process, I'm hoping for 6 wins next year.  That would be good progress made by this team, I know this is not a popular notion among many fans, but that's how I see it going down, hope we win more but we shouldn't get mad if we don't win more than that, we're moving from a completely different style of play to another, with that being said, there was progress being made this year, especially late.  Still very weak, lethargic is a better word with LB play and DB play, need help bad there, I don't see true freshmen coming in and helping much there.  We need better receiver play and QB play, hopefully this will actually help during the offseason workouts, one can hope anyhow.

Reasonable.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

Quote from: pfrg999 on December 03, 2013, 05:07:39 pm

Agreed
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

popcornhog

Quote from: go hogues on December 03, 2013, 11:02:49 pm
@AUBURN - L
NSU - W
@TTU - L
ATM - L
BAMA - L
UGA - W
@MSU - L
LSU - W
OM - L
@MIZZ - L

Tough schedule next season and we still won't have all the pieces in place. Scores will be much closer and we might upset ATM in Jerry World. WPS

What about UAB?
WPS

Way to early to really know anything but its fun to guess.  I hope 5 but do not know where they will come from.  I expect we'll see improvement everywhere on defense.  Should the defense be able to provide a few stops, we could beat a team or 2 that doesn't expect us to put up much fight.  I doubt this staff will stay intact and that may hurt or help, don't know yet.

We'll need great improvement at QB and play calling to reach 5.  The passing game will need to be practiced to a point at least as much as the running game.  The return game will need to show up and our kicking game will need to stay very productive.  I don't see any hope for special teams or passing game until the HC decides its super important.

I expect coaching decisions to cost us 2 games as I believe it did this season past.

Hogville will have much to discuss this coming 12 months and I expect the divide to get deeper, wider and more worrisome.

jkstock04

I say 4 wins....wins over NIU, UAB, N. State, and one of the Mississippi schools managing to break the SEC losing streak.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogwild

@ AU L
Nichols State W
@TTU W
ATM W
Bama L
UGA L
Uab W
@State L
LSU L
Ole Miss W
@Mizzou L

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: Razorfox on December 03, 2013, 03:04:45 pm
If we're learned anything from this year, it's that results have very little to do with the year before.  That being said, I doubt any of us really know even though my belief is that the second year of these players being in this system and with these coaches will pay dividends.  But I'll take a shot:

Auburn - probable loss since it's at Auburn
Nichols State - win
TTU – win
Northern IL - win
TX A&M – toss-up, assuming they lose the players I believe they will
Bama - loss, until we beat them, I will continue to think we will lose to them
UGA - loss
UAB – win
MSU - win
LSU - loss
Ole Miss - win
Mizzou - win

So, 7-5 or 8-4 depending on how the A&M game goes. 

This stuff makes me laugh almost uncontrollably.

Do some of y'all even pay attention or do you blindfold yourselves and sing LALALALALA while the season is going on? We'll be FORTUNATE to pull 4.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

HAWG MAFIA

Auburn - Loss
Nichols State - Win
TTU – Win
Northern IL - Win
TX A&M – Win
Bama - Loss
UGA - Loss
UAB – Win
MSU - Win
LSU - Loss
Ole Miss -Win
Mizzou -Loss

arkjay19

I'll predict 6, but there's a ton of potential for 7-9 wins next season.  I'd say the most likely losses are Auburn, Alabama and LSU.

Northern Illinois is losing its Heisman candidate and Texas Tech started hot, but has been really exposed in 5 straight losses.  Both A&M and Georgia are losing the star players that have really held it together for them this season while their defense has also been suspect.

Missouri is going to be gutted by graduation.  It won't be to the same degree as Auburn in 2010, but they're going to lose a lot of leaders in the offseason and should be more banged up by the end of the season.  The Tigers were extremely lucky in the way the schedule and all of the injuries really slanted their way this year.

arkjay19

Much like Rutgers this year, I think you'll be able to tell how the rest of the season will go by the three-week stretch against Texas Tech, Northern Illinois and A&M.

Arkansas needs to win at least two if they hope to go to a bowl season.  Win all three and the Hogs could be chasing at least 7 wins.  Lose all three and its likely going to be three straight years without a bowl.

davis01

I think the answer to this question solely resides on who our QB is next season.  If it is Brandon Allen, then we will only win 4 to 5 games.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Mr. Blonde on December 04, 2013, 11:01:30 am

Not surprised at all by your answer. You probably aren't only predicting this, but you hope it will happen.

The_Iceman

arkjay19

Quote from: davis01 on December 04, 2013, 10:42:13 amI think the answer to this question solely resides on who our QB is next season.  If it is Brandon Allen, then we will only win 4 to 5 games.
Quote from: RazorHawg16 on December 04, 2013, 11:00:11 am
2-10
Nichols State
UAB
Quote from: Mr. Blonde on December 04, 2013, 11:01:30 am

Wow.  Why would anyone not love Arkansas fans?

ifghog

Could have same record and be much improved.....I hope 6...3-4 wins more likely with a lot of improvement.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ifghog on December 04, 2013, 12:19:56 pm
Could have same record and be much improved.....

Very fair point.  I'm thinking 4 or 5 wins, but I'm usually cautious.  2015 should be the breakout year...assuming we finish strong with this year's recruiting class.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Razorfox

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on December 04, 2013, 09:25:01 am

Do some of y'all even pay attention or do you blindfold yourselves and sing LALALALALA while the season is going on? We'll be FORTUNATE to pull 4.

I'm too lazy to look back at your post history from a year ago, but my guess is that if you posted anything regarding Mizzou or Auburn, you probably called for them to have years of awful football and wandering in the wilderness. 

That's why I started my post the way I did.  This year has proven beyond a doubt that success does not hinge on what happened the year before. 

bphi11ips

We win all the OOC games.  Texas Tech has lost its last 5.  Their signature win is over 4-8 TCU.  The first 7 games were ridiculous.  They collapsed when they hit the big boys.  Arkansas will stick it down their throats.  NIU is all Jordan Lynch.  He'll be in New York next weekend, but he won't be in Fayetteville on 9/20/14.  The other two are "rent-a-wins". 

After spending a lot of time early this week studying SEC depth charts and stats trying to get over FOMF now that the Razorbacks' season is over,  I concluded we have 6 winnable SEC games in 2014.  In the order of likelihood of victory, I'd rank them as follows:

Ole Miss - lots of seniors to replace; Moncrief probably declares; Wallace is a mess; Brunetti is gone; game's in Fayetteville

A&M - offense decimated by early departures for the NFL; average senior QB replaces Manziel; pitiful defense gets only marginally better;  Jerry's World is a charm

Missouri - loses most of who got them to the 2013 SEC Championship game (which they will win); sophomore QB takes a beating; Arkansas getting their legs underneath them after two years with a stable, excellent staff; Missouri homefield keeps it close

Georgia - replacing three year starter at QB; defense gave up 29.4 points per game in 2013, just one shy of Arkansas, ten starters return, but still weak by Georgia standards;  Richt midseason loss factor; WMS crazy crowd; 5:30 pm or later kickoff will help, here's the 10/18/14 SEC lineup:

Texas A&M at Alabama
Georgia at Arkansas
Missouri at Florida
Kentucky at LSU
Tennessee at Ole Miss

Georgia has an interesting slate the first half of the season.  They start with a Tajh Boydless Clemson at home, get a week off before going to Columbia to face a Connor Shaw and Jadeveon Clowneyless South Carolina, then play Troy, Tennessee and Vanderbilt at home before traveling to Missouri the week before Arkansas.  The Bulldogs could be 6-0 but should be no worse than 4-2.  If Arkansas can win the four between Auburn and Alabama (A&M being the most likely loss)  we should be 4-2.  That should put this game no worse than ESPN2.  If the drunks will get their butts in their seats by kickoff, this one will be loud from start to finish unless Georgia blows us out, which is unlikely.

LSU - Mettenberger gone; Beckham will declare, but defense is per usual

Mississippi State - Dak Prescott will be one of the top SEC QB's in 2014;  stingy defense returns 8 starters;  last visit to Starkville wasn't pretty; winnable, but not very

Auburn and Alabama - fugheddaboud it

Best case?  Probably 8-4.  Most likely? 7-5 if we split the winnable games.  Worst case? 4-8 if Auburn sucks the wind out of us, Tech trashes our back 7, and we come unglued like we did this year.  Not likely in my opinion, but possible. 

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on December 04, 2013, 09:25:01 am

You have to realize that there are some "fans" (super nutt huggers in some cases, you know who they are)  who wanted CBP gone while he was here even though he was successful and they have no other way to go than to blindly support CBB so they can say I told you so.

This also goes the opposite way as well.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on December 04, 2013, 01:18:06 pm
You have to realize that there are some "fans" (super nutt huggers in some cases, you know who they are)  who wanted CBP gone while he was here even though he was successful and they have no other way to go than to blindly support CBB so they can say I told you so.

This also goes the opposite way as well.

What about fans like myself who:
1.  Wanted Houston Nutt decoached
2.  Loved wins under Coach Petrino
3.  Saw no way to keep Coach Petrino
4.  Hate Losing
5.  Support Coach Bilema because I am rational enough to believe it will take three years to right the ship.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" W. on December 04, 2013, 01:28:25 pm
What about fans like myself who:
1.  Wanted Houston Nutt decoached
2.  Loved wins under Coach Petrino
3.  Saw no way to keep Coach Petrino
4.  Hate Losing
5.  Support Coach Bilema because I am rational enough to believe it will take three years to right the ship.

I'm with you for the most part.  I'm just not sure if CBB is going to right the ship or not.  The dumpster fire this year was hard to take and I'm hoping for improvement next year.  I've been saying all along he gets three years unless he goes 2-10 or worse next year.  If that happens he might not get a third year buyout or not.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: popcornhog on December 03, 2013, 02:54:33 pm
@ AU probable loss
Nichols State likely win
@TTU slightly lean win
ATM probable loss
Bama likely loss
UGA probable loss -- big upset opportunity
Uab likely win
@State likely win
LSU probable loss -- upset opportunity #2
Ole Miss Toss up
@Mizzou probable loss

This schedule is tough but I can see 6 wins as a realistic goal with 7 as a possibility.

I believe that 4 is the minimum for next year even with loads of bad luck and injuries.

I'm hoping for season 2 to be the 2nd step in the march toward legitimate competitiveness for division, conference, playoff, and BCS title(s).

Wps

@ Auburn--L
Nichols State--W
NIU--W
@TTU--L
ATM--W
Bama--L
UGA--W
UAB--W
@State--W
LSU--L
Ole Miss--L
@Mizzou--L

It's pretty early to call, and there are a lot of wildcard factors.  Can see several toss up games in that schedule, but a bowl is not out of the question.  Neither is being considerably better than this year and missing a bowl.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on December 03, 2013, 04:36:47 pm
7-5 with chance to go 8-4.....
I will bet you $100 the Hogs do not win 7 next year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Speedracer

4-8

@ Auburn--L
Nichols State--W
NIU--W
@TTU--L
ATM--L
Bama--L
UGA--L
UAB--W
@State--W
LSU--L
Ole Miss--L
@Mizzou--L
Like smites bother me.

The_Iceman

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 04, 2013, 01:40:03 pm
@ Auburn--L
Nichols State--W
NIU--W
@TTU--L
ATM--W
Bama--L
UGA--W
UAB--W
@State--W
LSU--L
Ole Miss--L
@Mizzou--L

It's pretty early to call, and there are a lot of wildcard factors.  Can see several toss up games in that schedule, but a bowl is not out of the question.  Neither is being considerably better than this year and missing a bowl.

The last two years, with terrible teams, we have played LSU and Ole Miss close. I just can't see us losing back-to-back weeks in RRS to LSU and Ole Miss, especially when this team will be much improved next year.