Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who here believes we will win 6 games next season (2014)?

Started by weresoclose, November 21, 2013, 10:43:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3kgthog

I'll give a range of 3-5. I'll drop it to 3-4 if Richt doesn't survive the offseason. That's one team I would almost guarantee has a letdown in Fayetteville if Richt is UGA's coach.

Dropkick

KevinOMReb

Quote from: hogsanity on November 21, 2013, 11:10:19 am
MSU, GA, old misses are the 3 likely.

We will be better next year than this.  I see 4 wins, maybe 5.  Nicholls St., UAB, No ILL (nothing without their QB) and poss TAM as JM will be gone and you almost beat them this year (of course they go ahead and sign the #1 QB in the nation...).  Still needing an SEC caliber QB.   
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

FaytownHog

Not sure why everyone is chalking up Northern Illinois as a W. They are fresh off a BCS bowl and could be headed to another this year, sitting at 11-0!

superior_wang

311Hog

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 21, 2013, 02:21:14 pm
Not sure why everyone is chalking up Northern Illinois as a W. They are fresh off a BCS bowl and could be headed to another this year, sitting at 11-0!

Lynch

MJ2

3-9 next year with some very ugly loses along the way.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 21, 2013, 02:21:14 pm

Jordan Lynch will be gone.  He's their glue. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

dc10x1103

Quote from: hogsanity on November 21, 2013, 10:53:32 am
6 is in the cards next year.  Much like the Rutgers game this year, the TT game next year will be the pivot.  Win that and we sit 4-0 in the ooc, so we need only 2 SEC wins to get to 6.  Lose that TT game and it could start another spiral. NIU does not worry me, they lose their QB and he is all they have.
I have no idea where you think you are going to get 6 wins out of    auburn, texas tech, northern ill, texas a&m, Alabama, Georgia, miss st, lsu, ole miss, Missouri,       & nich. st, uab      you think you are going to beat auburn? northern ill?  texas tech?    2-10   or maybe  3-9   next year

trashcan maN

1/3 of our 2 deep are True frosh and RS frosh. We'll be significantly better next year and go bowling.

I'll say we beat:
Nicholls State
NIU
TAMU
UAB
MSST
TTU

dc10x1103

Quote from: kj0N on November 21, 2013, 03:36:49 pm
1/3 of our 2 deep are True frosh and RS frosh. We'll be significantly better next year and go bowling.

I'll say we beat:
Nicholls State
NIU
TAMU
UAB
MSST
TTU
I will give you nich st & uab and maybe northern ill ( I have no idea about their qb for next year)   a&m  & tex t  noway because of their offense  (and if you say a& m because of the way we played them this year,  they did the next thing to shutting down their offense this year.  they threw over 20 passes in the 1st half.  9 in the 2nd.  they ran the ball and used time off the clock.

superior_wang

Quote from: dc10x1103 on November 21, 2013, 03:47:57 pm
I will give you nich st & uab and maybe northern ill ( I have no idea about their qb for next year)   a&m  & tex t  noway because of their offense  (and if you say a& m because of the way we played them this year,  they did the next thing to shutting down their offense this year.  they threw over 20 passes in the 1st half.  9 in the 2nd.  they ran the ball and used time off the clock.

you folks dissing Tejas Tech need to turn on your tvs and watch them play. They have 2 very good fresh qbs. Hogs wont be stopping them from scoring all day.

PorkRinds

dc10x1103

Quote from: superior_wang on November 21, 2013, 03:52:04 pm
you folks dissing Tejas Tech need to turn on your tvs and watch them play. They have 2 very good fresh qbs. Hogs wont be stopping them from scoring all day.
I agree w/ you.  that is why I said a&m & texas tech    no way we are going to beat either one.

cosmodrum

Quote from: dc10x1103 on November 21, 2013, 03:47:57 pm

TAMU's defense will most likely be just as bad, and probably won't have JM. That said, they signed the best recruit in the universe at QB for next year, so we'll see.

TT will run us off the field.

UAB, Nichols St are both wins.

Hell, we could've beat Ole Miss THIS year. We get them at home next year.

MSU is gonna MSU, but we always have problems in Starkville, in EVERY sport.

Unless NIU has another QB like what they have this year, I say we beat them.

We get UGA and LSU at home, and they will have new QBs. Maybe we can win one of those. I know you think that's crazy talk.

I think we go 5-7. 6-6 will be very tough. 4-8 is likely. 7-5 and BB should be SEC COY.
Go away, batin'

870hogfan

Quote from: dc10x1103 on November 21, 2013, 03:59:42 pm
I agree w/ you.  that is why I said a&m & texas tech    no way we are going to beat either one.

Why A&M? They only beat us by 12 with Manziel....

FaytownHog

Quote from: KevinOMReb on November 21, 2013, 03:15:19 pm
Jordan Lynch will be gone.  He's their glue. 
They've been good for YEARS. Maybe not undefeated good as of late but pretty close. They won't be shabby next year either.

superior_wang

Quote from: dc10x1103 on November 21, 2013, 03:59:42 pm

oh in re-reading this... wasnt implying you were one of the  ones saying we'd beat tech and tamu....  i was agreeing with you. sorry for the misunderstanding!

1highhog

I will say we have a chance at 6 wins next year, for the 1st reason, the schedule is easier.  2nd of all, the returning players will have a leg up on knowing the play book and that always helps considerably.  The 3rd reason is that our main playmakers are freshmen and sophomores, another offseason will do wonders for them.

hogcard1964

Quote from: weresoclose on November 21, 2013, 10:43:54 am
Please list the reasons why we will improve our win total by at least 3 (or 2) wins.

Here are the reasons I don't believe we will win 6 games:

1.  We still won't have a QB (same as I said before 2013)
2.  We still won't have a defense to keep the score low enough for our offense
3.  The desired style of football demands players we won't be able to have in place next year, barring extremely good fortune

I predict 4 wins for 2014. 

(My homerism predicts 6 wins in 2015.)

Too early. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 21, 2013, 03:57:38 pm
I think we will get 6. No more no less.

That would be an unprecedented three consecutive miserable Arkansas football seasons in a row.

wupigsuey

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 21, 2013, 06:49:59 pm
That would be an unprecedented three consecutive miserable Arkansas football seasons in a row.

Unprecedented? You 11?
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

rude1

Take a snap shot of this season and IMO will see next years season. Can't see more than four wins from the schedule. The chant for "patience" will continue.

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

wupigsuey

wachhog

What a pathetic fall from grace, when six total wins is our goal.

hogcard1964

Quote from: wupigsuey on November 21, 2013, 07:05:27 pm
Oh, unprecedented modern day. All the time forgetting words.

Agree

"11" to "61" years.  No biggie.

wupigsuey

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 21, 2013, 07:09:56 pm
Agree

"11" to "61" years.  No biggie.

Yeah asking you if you were 11 and there actually being precedent are "directly" related.

aar0n

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say anywhere from 3-8 wins and 4-9 losses next season, just because I like to be risky with my predictions. 

In all seriousness, it depends if we get another round of freshmen that contribute as well as these current ones do, and if we can get equal performance from the redshirts.  If all the right pieces fall in to place like so, I see us at 6-6 or 7-5, benefiting greatly from the rest of the SEC being without much experience in skill positions as well.

hogcard1964

Quote from: RazorBroncs on November 21, 2013, 07:21:22 pm
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say anywhere from 3-8 wins and 4-9 losses next season, just because I like to be risky with my predictions. 

In all seriousness, it depends if we get another round of freshmen that contribute as well as these current ones do, and if we can get equal performance from the redshirts.  If all the right pieces fall in to place like so, I see us at 6-6 or 7-5, benefiting greatly from the rest of the SEC being without much experience in skill positions as well.

Who do you have us losing to next season beside the usual Bama, LSU, Auburn...?

aar0n

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 21, 2013, 07:26:15 pm
Who do you have us losing to next season beside the usual Bama, LSU, Auburn...?

Those 3, only believe we lose to auburn because it's fresh out of the gate.  Between Texas Tech,  Ole Miss, and Georgia will will lose 2 of the 3.

trashcan maN

Lol @ "ttu will run us off the field". We have some pretty good freshmen too, if you havent noticed

hogcard1964

Quote from: kj0N on November 21, 2013, 07:42:34 pm
Lol @ "ttu will run us off the field". We have some pretty good freshmen too, if you havent noticed

When did we last lose a game to Texas Tech?

panhandlepig

khawg95

If chaney keeps calling half back passes at the worst possible times and pass plays when the running game is going great, we will continue to lose.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: khawg95 on November 21, 2013, 08:23:00 pm
If chaney keeps calling half back passes at the worst possible times and pass plays when the running game is going great, we will continue to lose.

6-6 in 2014

Trottsky

Things will click, finally. The wheat shall be separated from the chaff and the men will rise up and the Hogs will once again be among the winning. And lo, the hills will resound with hosannas, or whatever.

(Ya gotta have faith)

GoHogs1091

We should be able to win against Texas Tech.  UCA plays Texas Tech before we play them, so Coach Chaney should have some good game film in order to see how to attack Texas Tech's sieve Defense.

We should be able to win against Northern Illinois (unless Northern Illinois replaces Lynch at QB with another QB who is close to being as good as Lynch).

Nicholls State and UAB should be wins. 

So, that is 4 wins right there.

Texas A&M will have some drop off at QB, but not enough of a drop off.  Additionally, their Defense has the potential of being better next season.

Regarding Georgia, we better hope Todd Gurley goes to the NFL.  If Gurley doesn't, then Gurley will be the best RB to have played in RRS since Darren McFadden.  Additionally, Georgia could be upgrading their Defensive Coordinator position before next season.

Ole Miss could be a win.  Ole Miss lets teams "hang around" in games.

Mississippi State could be a win.  It will depend on if their Offense gets better next season.

LSU's Defense should be better next season.  It will be tough to win against LSU.

So, a worse of 4-8 is possible, with a possible best of 6-6 by winning against both Ole Miss and Mississippi State (5-7 if we split with Ole Miss and Mississippi State).   

elksnort

Quote from: Dropkick on November 21, 2013, 11:08:59 am
It doesn't matter what anyone here believes, none of us are gonna play a down next year.
This is always a great post on a message board.

Newhopehog

Deep Shoat

Almost the whole SEC will be breaking in new QBs next year.  We won't be.  The biggest jump in almost every QBs development is between the Soph and Jr years.  Our schedule will not be as difficult.  Another year in the system.  An influx of talent that fits the system. 

That list alone gives me a lot of hope for a bowl next year.
All Gas, No Brakes!

razorjack12

Quote from: hogsanity on November 21, 2013, 10:53:32 am
6 is in the cards next year.  Much like the Rutgers game this year, the TT game next year will be the pivot.  Win that and we sit 4-0 in the ooc, so we need only 2 SEC wins to get to 6.  Lose that TT game and it could start another spiral. NIU does not worry me, they lose their QB and he is all they have.
Bingo!

We beat Tech next year and we'll probably win 6.   

MCheisman

Quote from: weresoclose on November 21, 2013, 10:43:54 am
Please list the reasons why we will improve our win total by at least 3 (or 2) wins.

Here are the reasons I don't believe we will win 6 games:

1.  We still won't have a QB (same as I said before 2013)
2.  We still won't have a defense to keep the score low enough for our offense
3.  The desired style of football demands players we won't be able to have in place next year, barring extremely good fortune

I predict 4 wins for 2014. 

(My homerism predicts 6 wins in 2015.)
Can't really argue with your opinion here, I feel the same way even though I'd like to feel better about it. We are in this rut through next year I'm afraid. Recruiting will help some and I really hope we can bounce back hard in 2015.

Turminator

Chief Mac

shut down the program....we don't have a chance at winning so we might as well not play
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

allredhog

I said before this season that if we won 6 games, CBB should be considered for coach of the year.

As for next year, we can (and should) win 6 games. Scoring plays, or stopping scoring drives, of any kind are just one play so...

Think about this-

One play from beating Rutgers
Two plays from beating A&M
Three plays from beating Auburn
Two plays from beating Ole Miss

And I understand that the same logic can be used against us on our wins but the point is that we ARE closer than we might want to acknowledge.  When it comes to my Razorbacks, I will always believe that we can win.  I am not afraid to say we cannot beat Alabama...yet. 

Auburn is good and will be good..but they are not unbeatable.  Same for Ole Miss, A&M or Texas Tech.  Unless they beat Texas, they will end the season with 5 straight losses.  As has been stated eariler, half of the teams we play will have new quarterbacks and in the case of TT, A&M and Georgia, defenses that gave up 30+ points in most games.

Will be in WMS calling the hogs Saturday!!
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Aug. 30    at Auburn - Win
Sept. 6    Nicholls State - Win
Sept. 13    at Texas Tech - Win
Sept. 20    Northern Illinois - Win
Sept. 27    vs. Texas A&M - Win
Oct. 11    Alabama - Loss
Oct. 18    Georgia - Loss
Oct. 25    UAB - Win
Nov. 1    at Mississippi State - Win
Nov. 15    LSU - Loss
Nov. 22    Ole Miss - Loss