Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who here believes we will win 6 games next season (2014)?

Started by weresoclose, November 21, 2013, 10:43:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: allredhog on November 22, 2013, 10:32:22 am
I said before this season that if we won 6 games, CBB should be considered for coach

Think about this-

One play from beating Rutgers
Two plays from beating A&M
Three plays from beating Auburn
Two plays from beating Ole Miss

20 plays from beating Alabama

Jamie Jones

I will predict 8-9 wins. The reason is because of line play and our running backs on offense. And our front seven next season will be bigger and possibly stronger. We need physical play with more speed at the back 4, but I like everything else about our chances.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

doc53

3 wins.....4 at most. I think TTech and NI are losses.Hope I am wrong.Talent is still going to be behind nearly all the SEC teams.
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

Wildhog

Quote from: doc53 on November 22, 2013, 12:05:40 pm
3 wins.....4 at most. I think TTech and NI are losses.Hope I am wrong.Talent is still going to be behind nearly all the SEC teams.

NIU loses their stud QB.  We win that one.

That was kind of sad to type.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Lake City Hog

Guys, worrying about the schedule is futile! We play in the SEC so every year is going to be tough, period.
We have to play the guys on the schedule every year and every year teams get better. It is our responsibility to get better every year too.

I see some guy says that we were so very close in several games this year, and we were.
Then I see other guys say that we are so far behind in talent that next year won't be much different.
So, which is it?
The truth is that we are very close to being a pretty good team. Our talent level is not nearly as bad as people let on. Look at the ATM, OM and Auburn games and see just how close we came.

We should EXPECT this team to win 6 games EVERY year!

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: weresoclose on November 21, 2013, 10:43:54 am
Please list the reasons why we will improve our win total by at least 3 (or 2) wins.

Here are the reasons I don't believe we will win 6 games:

1.  We still won't have a QB (same as I said before 2013)
2.  We still won't have a defense to keep the score low enough for our offense
3.  The desired style of football demands players we won't be able to have in place next year, barring extremely good fortune

I predict 4 wins for 2014. 

(My homerism predicts 6 wins in 2015.)

To respond to your concerns:

1.  We didn't have a QB in 2013:  well, we had a QB, he just happened to be a sophomore with virtually no real game experience.  And like most sophomore QBs in the SEC with no game experience, he struggled.  Next year he will be a year older and year more developed, and the game will slow down for him.  He will be better in 2014, and his senior year, he will actually be good. 

2.  I don't expect our defense to be vastly improved.  But we will be better at LB:  Brooks Ellis will have a year under his belt, and I expect Speight to do what most JC players do between their Junior and Senior years...improve.  We will also be better in the secondary.   Dean, Hines, and Gaines are all underclassmen.  They are earnings their stripes right now. 

3.  It's going to take a few years for our lines to get truly nasty.  But we are starting two true freshmen on the oline, which is a nightmare scenario in the SEC.  We will get better.  And our play-action game will improve:  BA will get better, HH is just a freshman, Hatcher is an underclassman, and we get Wilson back. 

Much like Petrino's second year, I expect us to hang tight in games we aren't supposed to, and we are going to get blown out in games that should be close, and exactly like Petrino's second year, I expect us to be 7-5. 

myriad_rocker

Not that it matters, but here's MY take on our record next year.  Ultimately, I'm at 5-7 with my realistic prediction.  POSSIBLY 6-6 if we can pull one out at Miss State.

Aug. 30    at Auburn                 Loss - I'd explain this one but it'd just make people mad.
Sept. 6    Nicholls State            Win - You don't win this, you don't win any.
Sept. 13    at Texas Tech          Win - Just a gut feeling that we take this one.  I don't think they're as good as advertised.
Sept. 20    Northern Illinois         Win - See Sept 6
Sept. 27    vs. Texas A&M          Win - Johnny [CENSORED] Face is gone.  I think we win this in a squeaker.
Oct. 11    Alabama                    Loss - Same old song and dance.
Oct. 18    Georgia                     Loss - Richt still on the hot seat with GA fans, but wins this one by double digits.
Oct. 25    UAB                          Win - See Sept 6
Nov. 1    at Mississippi State       Loss - No real reason other than just a feeling.  This could go either way, really.
Nov. 15    LSU                          Loss - Miles will mis-manage his way to a victory with a squad that is laughing that we lost our Thanksgiving game.
Nov. 22    Ole Miss                    Loss - Freeze gets more firepower and stretches the field on us.
Nov. 29    at Missouri                 Loss - Missouri opens this rent-a-rivalry with a solid victory.

311Hog

some of the responses  to this are pretty funny some thoughts though.

1.  I really am not impressed with Georgia.  And here is why they will be breaking in a new QB that never works out so well when the previous was the starter for 3 years +, also it is at home.

2. Miss State i know it is a road game but it follows UAB, and i personally think that Mullen could be gone or at least on a very hot seat by then, if he gets hammered in the Egg bowl this year or if he happens to lose to us this year (very possible) they could be in total disorder.

next year's schedule is very tough just like this years but i would be very surprised if we don't pull out a few more wins get to 6 at least.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

I think we can get to 6:

3 rent-a-wins
Split TT / aTm without Manziel
Win at MSU
Win one of: LSU at home, Ole Miss at home, Mizzou on the road

WarEagleArkansas

I think some people on here are making Northern Illinois out to be some cupcake game next season. But they aren't by any stretch of the imagination. They beat a decent Iowa team on the road this year and are on pace to possibly make a BCS bowl game in back-to-back years.

I know that they'll lose their starting QB, Jordan Lynch, after this season. But if they are able to retain their current head coach, he'll have that team fired up and ready to play for our game next year.

The Huskies record over the last four years is 45-8. That's a Boise State level of winning from a non-AQ team and they still have 3 more games left this season to improve that record.

I hope that we drill the Huskies next year, but I my gut tells me that it will be another dog fight against a very scrappy team next season.  :razorback:

311Hog

Quote from: WarEagleArkansas on November 22, 2013, 03:41:30 pm
I think some people on here are making Northern Illinois out to be some cupcake game next season. But they aren't by any stretch of the imagination. They beat a decent Iowa team on the road this year and are on pace to possibly make a BCS bowl game in back-to-back years.

I know that they'll lose their starting QB, Jordan Lynch, after this season. But if they are able to retain their current head coach, he'll have that team fired up and ready to play for our game next year.

The Huskies record over the last four years is 45-8. That's a Boise State level of winning from a non-AQ team and they still have 3 more games left this season to improve that record.

I hope that we drill the Huskies next year, but I my gut tells me that it will be another dog fight against a very scrappy team next season.  :razorback:

i do not think NI will be a push over, but alot of their success is tied up in 2 things the QB and the coach both of which i would place money on being gone after this season.

BartIV

Is there another end of the world scenario so we don't have to find out?

PonderinHog

I'll believe we'll win six games next year until we lose our seventh game.  Then I'll curb my enthusiasm. :razorback:

ldfergu

6 will be tough next year. OOC does not favor Arkansas at all and we already know about in conference. I'm gonna say 5 wins.

I really do think we will see improvement each year under CBB but it's gonna be a long process for Arkansas. The SEC is definately as tough as it's ever been but in the coming years I think a few coaches will take off leaving an opportunity for Arkansas to make its mark on the field and in recruiting. What we are seeing on the field currently is abysmal but the recruiting taking place behind the scenes is second to none. 

I think a lot of people fail to realize just how hard recruiting is. Our coaches are probably putting in 70+ hours a week. Most of the critics prob don't pull that in two weeks.

Patience and we'll get there

hogcard1964

Quote from: WarEagleArkansas on November 22, 2013, 03:41:30 pm

A good friend of mine played for N.I.U in the 80's and was later drafted by the Colts.  Needless to say he's already giving me grief about this matchup.

WarEagleArkansas

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 23, 2013, 08:13:55 am
A good friend of mine played for N.I.U in the 80's and was later drafted by the Colts.  Needless to say he's already giving me grief about this matchup.

They really do have an excellent program right now. It should be a great game and I hope we'll get bragging rights over NI fans next season.  :razorback:

westside_player

I don't see how we can. I have us projected at 4-8.

The problem is, our home games are Bama, Lsu, Georgia, which I don't see us beating. Ole Miss is possible. I don't think we beat A&m in Dallas. Texas Tech there is 50/50 at best. Road games at Starkville, Missouri and Auburn will be too tough.

I'm seeing maybe 1 conference win, probably 1 non-conference loss

Pig In The City

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on November 21, 2013, 11:01:08 am
Will face 6 teams that will starting a new QB so that helps. I'll say 7-5.

I will go with this.  We still have the two best RBs in the SEC.  We will have a QB that has taken his lumps this year but will be stronger next year in the new system.  BA is most comfortable out of the shotgun formations so this year is a transition.  He will run the offense better next year.  I do hope they throw in more shotgun or pistol formations that have a mix of run and pass, because I think that is his natural fit.  I am not overly optimistic they will do this but they need to do something quickly.  If the offense gets its legs next year, the defense can sit while our offense chews up the clock.  This is the key to success next year imo.  If our offense cannot get on track it will be another long season much like this one because our defense cannot stand alone.

hogcard1964

Quote from: WarEagleArkansas on November 23, 2013, 09:17:46 am
They really do have an excellent program right now. It should be a great game and I hope we'll get bragging rights over NI fans next season.  :razorback:

Good Lord, we're concerned if we're going to beat Northern Illinois or not!

Sad times...

Porked Tongue

elkhog

Frankly, don't know what to believe, but six wins should be the bar for next year.
GO HOGS!!!

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 23, 2013, 10:56:28 am
Good Lord, we're concerned if we're going to beat Northern Illinois or not!

Sad times...
Yep it's that bad!

Cartoon Man

Maybe if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot all year like this year.

Speedracer

If they close with a few miracles in recruiting we can...schedule is harder next season.  Unless something happens at QB and on defenses I see next season being 4-8
Like smites bother me.

prisonhog

"It's not the size of the Hog in the fight, but the size
of the fight in the Hog."

Granny fan

If we don't get a new offensive coordinator, we will not!

RebelliousHog

If we play with no more imaginative play calling than we have this year, then 4 will be it. Defenses don't have to be good.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

ishankem

with this defense and this QB, now way!

with a better defense and different QB, maybe.

dc10x1103

TNRazorbacker

6 wins is the ceiling. 4 wins is more likely. Still no QB. No D. Same tuff schedule. No reason to believe our recruiting will produce any immediate help.

This team could get significantly better and still only win one or two more next year.

BuschHawg

After devastating losses to Nichols State and Northern Illinois we manage to stretch our winless streak through 2014.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Albert Einswine

Quote from: weresoclose on November 21, 2013, 10:43:54 am
Please list the reasons why we will improve our win total by at least 3 (or 2) wins.

Here are the reasons I don't believe we will win 6 games:

1.  We still won't have a QB (same as I said before 2013)
2.  We still won't have a defense to keep the score low enough for our offense
3.  The desired style of football demands players we won't be able to have in place next year, barring extremely good fortune

I predict 4 wins for 2014. 

(My homerism predicts 6 wins in 2015.)

Good call weresoclose, good call...
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Fayettechill14

Albert Einswine

Quote from: BuschHawg on November 23, 2013, 03:29:35 pm
After devastating losses to Nichols State and Northern Illinois we manage to stretch our winless streak through 2014.

Brilliant!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

dhornjr1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 23, 2013, 08:13:55 am

I'm quite certain you were appropriately rude to him and gave him plenty of grief after we whooped their asses 52-14 this year and handed them their first road loss in three years.

The NewEra

We sure did have to put up with a lot of stupid statements and projections over the last two years.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

wildhogman

Quote from: The NewEra on November 21, 2013, 12:31:38 pm
I agree.  I don't think this years recruiting class is going to significantly impact next years win / loss record much at all.
Quote from: The NewEra on November 21, 2013, 12:31:38 pm
I agree.  I don't think this years recruiting class is going to significantly impact next years win / loss record much at all.
Cameron Jefferson, Tretola, Frank Ragnow, Toliver, Liddel, Coely, and several others wanted to say hello and send their thanks of you're  and wang's unwavering support. Go Hogs!!

dmaxfan

No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

Cave City Joe

"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Albert Einswine

hogsanity

This thread was fun to 're read. Lots of fail by some guys you can't  find here any more.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Porked Tongue

November 22, 2014, 09:16:27 pm #143 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:53:13 pm by Porked Tongue
Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2014, 08:51:58 pm
This thread was fun to 're read. Lots of fail by some guys you can't  find here any more.
You could fill 20 pages with just quotes of that type.  Lots of sig material for those wanting to find it.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 22, 2014, 08:34:38 pm
Well we got 6 and Robert Shields was Right we got 6 wins

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=572084.0

Seriously.  What is your deal with Robert Shields?!?!

You may need therapy.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 22, 2014, 09:34:39 pm
Seriously.  What is your deal with Robert Shields?!?!

You may need therapy.

There has to be a familial relationship there, otherwise it's a mental deficiency.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 22, 2014, 09:36:34 pm

There has to be a familial relationship there, otherwise it's a mental deficiency.

Biblical know?

Albert Einswine

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Porked Tongue