Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who here believes we will win 6 games next season (2014)?

Started by weresoclose, November 21, 2013, 10:43:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

weresoclose

Please list the reasons why we will improve our win total by at least 3 (or 2) wins.

Here are the reasons I don't believe we will win 6 games:

1.  We still won't have a QB (same as I said before 2013)
2.  We still won't have a defense to keep the score low enough for our offense
3.  The desired style of football demands players we won't be able to have in place next year, barring extremely good fortune

I predict 4 wins for 2014. 

(My homerism predicts 6 wins in 2015.)

razorbackkid

14-0 Baby!!!!!!!!!   There....got that out of the way early this time.  ;)

I'll predict 6-6 +/- 2 either way.  That count?

Why?  I don't know.  Gut feelin'.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogsanity

6 is in the cards next year.  Much like the Rutgers game this year, the TT game next year will be the pivot.  Win that and we sit 4-0 in the ooc, so we need only 2 SEC wins to get to 6.  Lose that TT game and it could start another spiral. NIU does not worry me, they lose their QB and he is all they have.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

superior_wang

schedule next year is worse that this year. who knows. maybe.

cosmodrum

Quote from: weresoclose on November 21, 2013, 10:43:54 am
Please list the reasons why we will improve our win total by at least 3 (or 2) wins.

Here are the reasons I don't believe we will win 6 games:

1.  We still won't have a QB (same as I said before 2013)
2.  We still won't have a defense to keep the score low enough for our offense
3.  The desired style of football demands players we won't be able to have in place next year, barring extremely good fortune

I predict 4 wins for 2014. 

(My homerism predicts 6 wins in 2015.)

Brandon Allen could be better next year. Until Auburn 2010, we had no reason to think Tyler Wilson was going to get it done. He spent 2 years learning how to take a snap under center. Doesn't mean BA WILL be better, though. Also, Rafe might come in and take the spot. I hope he is as good as advertised.

I agree about the defense, but I need to see how we close in recruiting. That's what is going to hold us back the most. We are 2 years away from having ANY kind of 2-deep at LB and the secondary, and even then, it will probably be mostly underclassmen. Maybe Korliss Marshall will be a bright spot at S.

Your 3rd point is dependent upon QB play. We have the backfield, the OL will be better and will only get better as long as we have CBB and Pittman. We have a stud TE. WRs are a little meh, but at least they've been catching the ball a little better (see Hatcher).

Could be 4 wins. Could be 6-7. With a gun to my head, I'd say 6 wins (yes, being positive, or a sunshine rick, hugger, whatever you want to call it).
Go away, batin'

weresoclose

Quote from: hogsanity on November 21, 2013, 10:53:32 am
6 is in the cards next year.  Much like the Rutgers game this year, the TT game next year will be the pivot.  Win that and we sit 4-0 in the ooc, so we need only 2 SEC wins to get to 6.  Lose that TT game and it could start another spiral. NIU does not worry me, they lose their QB and he is all they have.

Which 2 SEC games do you see us winning?  I see the away win at MSU as obviously our most likely, and that will likely be tougher than this year's game.

RazorPiggie

Will face 6 teams that will starting a new QB so that helps. I'll say 7-5.

weresoclose

Open question:  Which SEC games can we win, and why? 

Also, why are we expecting a win vs TT?

tbhogfan

I believe that we will win 6-7 next year.  Just don't ask me which 6-7 :)

Aug. 30    at Auburn
Sept. 6    Nicholls State
Sept. 13    at Texas Tech
Sept. 20    Northern Illinois
Sept. 27    vs. Texas A&M
Oct. 11    Alabama
Oct. 18    Georgia
Oct. 25    UAB
Nov. 1    at Mississippi State
Nov. 15    LSU
Nov. 22    Ole Miss
Nov. 29    at Missouri
Go Hogs!

Bubba's Bruisers

I don't see 6 wins, but really too early to tell.  I expect 2015 to be the breakout season, though.

Of course, much of this depends heavily on how we finish the current recruiting class.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

cosmodrum

Quote from: weresoclose on November 21, 2013, 10:59:38 am
Which 2 SEC games do you see us winning?  I see the away win at MSU as obviously our most likely, and that will likely be tougher than this year's game.

Ole Miss at home. MSU on the road. TAMU in Dallas w/o Johnny Manziere and the same terrible defense. Maybe steal one at home from LSU (no Mettenberger, maybe their D is lackluster next year), we always seem to play them well at home regardless.

So that's 4 POSSIBILITIES. If we could go 2-2 that would be solid.

BUT, that would put us at 5-7 IMO, because I don't think we beat TT in Lubbock. They'll throw it all over us and we just aren't going to keep up.
Go away, batin'

hobhog

I do. We will be much better......need some breaks, unlike every game this year.

But why not.

Dropkick

It doesn't matter what anyone here believes, none of us are gonna play a down next year.

hogsanity

Quote from: weresoclose on November 21, 2013, 10:59:38 am

MSU, GA, old misses are the 3 likely.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogsanity on November 21, 2013, 11:10:19 am
MSU, GA, old misses are the 3 likely.

GA COULD be a possibility. Depends on the new QB and overall health of the team. Their RB is a beast.
Go away, batin'

superior_wang

Quote from: Dropkick on November 21, 2013, 11:08:59 am
It doesn't matter what anyone here believes, none of us are gonna play a down next year.

dont you have a puppy to kick somewhere? sheesh.

Oliver

Quote from: tbhogfan on November 21, 2013, 11:02:33 am

Aug. 30    at Auburn
Oct. 11    Alabama
Oct. 18    Georgia
Oct. 25    UAB
Nov. 15    LSU
Nov. 22    Ole Miss
Nov. 29    at Missouri

Nicholls St and UAB are the definite wins.

N Illinois is a likely win.

Georgia and Ole Miss are games I feel better about than a toss up.

At Mississippi St is a game we could win but because of our historical performance there I have as a likely loss.

Auburn, Tech, A&M, Bama, LSU, and Mizzou will be losses.

I say 5-7

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dropkick on November 21, 2013, 11:08:59 am

Hear that, Lanny?

Might as well shut down the board!
Go away, batin'

RazorPiggie

Quote from: weresoclose on November 21, 2013, 11:02:13 am
Open question:  Which SEC games can we win, and why? 

Also, why are we expecting a win vs TT?

Not expecting a win vs TT but they are losing like 7 starters on D.

Ole Miss, MSU, aTm w/o JM

Mizzou is losing 10 starters (6 being on D including 2 CBs 2 LBs and a S)

cosmodrum

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on November 21, 2013, 11:15:30 am
Not expecting a win vs TT but they are losing like 7 starters on D.

Ole Miss, MSU, aTm w/o JM

Mizzou is losing 10 starters (6 being on D including 2 CBs 2 LBs and a S)

The problem I have with Mizzou is that they will still have a very good QB and DGB who will destroy our secondary.
Go away, batin'

pfrg999

4-8 to 6-6
We should win at least 3 of 4 non con games, and at least one or two of 8 SEC games... (Ol Miss or Miss State) could give a few more a run for the money..
Do you think going into a season looking at a record like 4-8 to 6-6 will significantly affect attendance in 2014 ???
Asking an honest question
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

scottwillrazbackfan1

Aug. 30    at Auburn                 Loss
Sept. 6    Nicholls State            Win
Sept. 13    at Texas Tech          Loss
Sept. 20    Northern Illinois         Win
Sept. 27    vs. Texas A&M          Loss
Oct. 11    Alabama                    Loss
Oct. 18    Georgia                     Loss
Oct. 25    UAB                          Win
Nov. 1    at Mississippi State       Loss
Nov. 15    LSU                          Loss
Nov. 22    Ole Miss                    Win
Nov. 29    at Missouri                 Loss

4-8............

weresoclose

HOnest question because there is a decent chance of it:

What will happen to attendance, recruiting, revenue, and The Future of the Program if we follow up a 3-9 season with another 3-9 season?

cosmodrum

Quote from: weresoclose on November 21, 2013, 11:56:16 am

What will happen to attendance, recruiting, revenue, and The Future of the Program if we follow up a 3-9 season with another 3-9 season?

As a fan, I'd rather just cross that bridge when I get to it.

It would be tough, that's for sure.
Go away, batin'

jjdlc

It all really depends on how we finish out recruiting.

razorbackkid

Aug. 30    at Auburn
Oct. 11    Alabama
Oct. 18    Georgia
Oct. 25    UAB
Nov. 15    LSU
Nov. 22    Ole Miss
Nov. 29    at Missouri

We lose any of these three we are in deep trouble.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

gmarv

hope springs eternal at least 6. allen should be better on experience
alone. our freshmen that look so good will be older and wiser.

superior_wang

scottwillrazbackfan1

Quote from: gmarv on November 21, 2013, 12:05:34 pm
hope springs eternal at least 6. allen should be better on experience
alone. our freshmen that look so good will be older and wiser.

Most defintely agree, but we must remember the SEC is not getting weaker. As bad as UGA performs in the big games, they reload. LSU has a young talented defense, and will always top running game. A&M same as LSU defensive wise young but talented.

If there is no top 30 finish (high end) in recruiting, that light at the end of the tunnel is not daylight its a train.

LA Football fan

TT doesn't scare me.  We showed in the first half against auburn we can control clock and keep an offense off the field.  Our offense should be better next year.  Brandon will have another year to work on his mechanics, Austin will have a year of red shirt prep and we will see him in the spring to get an even better handle on what we can expect from him.  Rafe will bring the prospect of a running and throwing qb to the hill.  Alex will have a year of strength training to make him even  more explosive.  I think Hartsfield along with a few new faces at WR will help tremendously.

The defense is the wild card.  Our front four should be solid,  Ellis is proving to be someone we can depend on in the middle at lb.  Hines was playing well when he went down with the broken arm and should lock down one side of the secondary.  Hopefully Shannon can bring in a difference maker or two at lb and as someone said, Marshall be a playmaker at safety.  We will go as far as our defense takes us.  If our secondary still gives 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 6 next year it will be a real stretch to win 6 games. 

The NewEra

Quote from: razorbackid on November 21, 2013, 10:48:14 am
14-0 Baby!!!!!!!!!   There....got that out of the way early this time.  ;)

I'll predict 6-6 +/- 2 either way.  That count?

Why?  I don't know.  Gut feelin'.

I'm inclined to agree with this, with exception to the 14-0 :)

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The NewEra on November 21, 2013, 12:24:03 pm
I'm inclined to agree with this, with exception to the 14-0 :)

So a range of 4 to 8 wins?  Yeah, that's quite a hedge.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

reddogjcss

I think we can win 6 and win a bowl game! Give Thanks

The NewEra

Quote from: superior_wang on November 21, 2013, 12:12:59 pm
not really.

I agree.  I don't think this years recruiting class is going to significantly impact next years win / loss record much at all.

Piggfoot

My only prediction is hogville will be the same place.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

The NewEra

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2013, 12:26:21 pm

Actually it's a rang of two either way 4 min, 8 max.  But, I've seen years where you got the breaks and didn't have major injuries and then other years like this one where not a think went right after the first game.

saintchristopher

Just curious, what makes everyone think we will beat Ole Miss and Georgia?

ifghog

5-7 wins.....Hard to tell till after the spring. A lot of youngsters played this year so it could be depending on the jump they make. 3 or 4 freshman will play realistically. That 7th win would be a bowl game by the way.

hog911

Aug. 30    at Auburn
Oct. 11    Alabama
Oct. 18    Georgia
Oct. 25    UAB
Nov. 15    LSU
Nov. 22    Ole Miss
Nov. 29    at Missouri

Really? I see 2 or 3, 4 at the absolute most!

razorbackkid

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2013, 12:26:21 pm
Just covering my 12 and 6 o'clock positions....;)

Hoggiedawg

I was a 6 win guy this year and I'm going to say we win 5 next year.  Only 5 wins starts to warm up the HC seat.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The NewEra on November 21, 2013, 12:35:39 pm
Actually it's a rang of two either way 4 min, 8 max. 

Actually, that's exactly what I said. 

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: weresoclose on November 21, 2013, 11:56:16 am

If we finish 3-9 this year and then do it again next year this program is going to be looking for another HC if he doesn't go to a bowl in 2015.  The program will be in a shambles.

razorbackfanatic

Collins, Henry and Philon all probably make All AM Fr team. Skipper and Kirkland probably make All SEC Fr team. JWill, B.Allen both with more experience along with Otha, Brooks Ellis, Hines, DJ Dean, B. Lewis, J. Winston, D. Hodge, J. Collins, Hawkins, Cowan, Morgan and  hopefully AJ Turner doesn't transfer. Hatcher back with lots of experience,  Coley and Marshall bring great speed to safety. And some pretty good redshirts this season besides Coley. Evans, Marks, Brignoni, etc. Plus 2nd year in CBB's system. 6 wins minimum,  8 maximum.

SwineSalesman

Quote from: The NewEra on November 21, 2013, 12:31:38 pm
I agree.  I don't think this years recruiting class is going to significantly impact next years win / loss record much at all.
So if we got 4 or 5 more impact freshman like this year it won't effect the win/loss record? Ole Miss calls BS

311Hog

Here are my thoughts.

1. Lynch will be gone from N. Illinois i believe i watched them last night he is basically the entire team.  + for us
2. Manziel will be gone see above + for us
3. Tough opponents we get at home + for us

Those things will impact next year i believe in the quest for bowl eligibility.   

code red

We will be playing against a lot of new SEC QB next year.  I think almost all of the Q's on our SEC schedule are graduating or leaving.  But, Q's like Matty Mauk scare the crap out of me.  I think we can eek out 6 wins tops.  The key will be Texas Tech...I don't think there is any way we can compete with Auburn at Auburn on a 100 plus degree day.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on November 21, 2013, 01:27:27 pm
I was a 6 win guy this year and I'm going to say we win 5 next year.  Only 5 wins starts to warm up the HC seat.
He is going to get 4 years....you can count on that.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

wupigsuey

I was in for 6 this year so, yeah put me down for another 6 next year.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.