Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duck Reports

Started by RazorPiggie, November 20, 2013, 10:09:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

Anyone got any reports? I went out Saturday to stuff the blind and saw about 100 but it was windy as heck.

cal34

Cool,  Ive been out a few times lately in the kayak taking flying bird pictures and Ive seen alot of duck's.  Mainly Shoveler's, ring necks and Green winged teal but they are really getting here.  I haven't seen any big groups of geese flying in yet.

ARWings21

Been whacking them good in S.E. Kansas!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ARWings21 on November 20, 2013, 11:43:26 pm
Been whacking them good in S.E. Kansas!

If only western Ark was like SE Kansas haha.

Hammibal Lecter

Shootin Grounds are slap full
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

cbhawg03

I'm not duck hunter or duck expert, but two different groups with 1000+ geese just flew over Ft. Smith headed Southeast.

tophawg19

a good cold front coming may just be the ticket to a banner year
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

cbhawg03

Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 22, 2013, 02:51:37 pm
I saw that. Heck, I heard it first. Never seen that many over the city before.

Yes, I heard it before I even seen them. Big and loud groups.

cal34

Have seen thousands of geese flying over Conway this afternoon.  It's been nonstop.

old hog

Quote from: cal34 on November 22, 2013, 05:12:06 pm
Have seen thousands of geese flying over Conway this afternoon.  It's been nonstop.
From about 4 pm on saw a good 20 groups flying over. Just went outside and still hearing them. Headed south.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on November 21, 2013, 08:24:02 am
If only western Ark was like SE Kansas haha.

Got a report this afternoon that Lake Columbia was covered up with ducks.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

AcornHunter

Extreme SW Arkansas, a few days ago, thousands of geese were flying south in several different groups, conserving energy on the northerly winds of the season's first cold front.  I was working outside nearly all day.  It was a sight to behold, high-up V's moving across an azure sky.  It made me think of Johnny's "wild goose in winter" . . .  and other things.

I've seen a few dozen ducks.  Most, I flushed up out of a flooded ash flat while checking nearby pecan trees–plenty of fox squirrels.  None were mallards, but I can't recognize all the different ducks that visit.

I like duck dressing, but they need to be plucked rather than skinned; the skin gives it that rich flavor.