Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UGA fans in full meltdown...

Started by hobhog, November 17, 2013, 10:11:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Hog

Quote from: ki285 on November 17, 2013, 05:33:39 pm
I keep reading posts talking about how exciting Malzhans offense is, so could someone please explain to me what's so exciting about the triple option mixed in with a few wr screens?
10-1, playing for the SECW championship, pretty exciting stuff there.

grayhawg

Quote from: Silver Hog on November 18, 2013, 07:26:04 am
10-1, playing for the SECW championship, pretty exciting stuff there.
Do they get a ring if they win?

sarcasm intended in reference to Nutter's SECW championship year

Never To Yield

Quote from: JansterZ71 on November 17, 2013, 10:48:04 am
How did Georgia get screwed by refs?  IMO there were three huge missed calls , two going in the favor of Georgia

1. Marshall to Coates Pass called incomplete which would have set up 1st & goal from the 5
2.  Auburn's #5 fumble ruled recovery by Auburn
3. Murray on 4th & Goal did not cross goal line with ball.  Knee was down at 1/2 yard line.

If #3 is called correctly then the Hail Mary is a mute point

Penalties:
Georgia- 8 for 60
Auburn- 8 for 65
Pretty even

Not to mention a huge non-call where two obvious penalties should have been against UGA.  On one of their second half drives, Murray drops back to pass and is being pressured by Gabe Wright.  UGA lineman is ripping his jersey off...no call.  But then two other Auburn defenders get past their blockers and close in on Murray.  He literally throws the ball straight into the ground right behind them before getting hit.  No UGA receiver within 10 yards of the ball and he's clearly smack dab in the middle of the tackle box.  No flag.

Anyone that thinks Auburn got the benefit of the calls, especially the most critical calls, in that game is a complete loon.

grayhawg

Quote from: Never To Yield on November 18, 2013, 10:05:53 am
Not to mention a huge non-call where two obvious penalties should have been against UGA.  On one of their second half drives, Murray drops back to pass and is being pressured by Gabe Wright.  UGA lineman is ripping his jersey off...no call.  But then two other Auburn defenders get past their blockers and close in on Murray.  He literally throws the ball straight into the ground right behind them before getting hit.  No UGA receiver within 10 yards of the ball and he's clearly smack dab in the middle of the tackle box.  No flag.

Anyone that thinks Auburn got the benefit of the calls, especially the most critical calls, in that game is a complete loon.
Kristi, are you back?

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Never To Yield

Quote from: tusksincolorado on November 18, 2013, 11:15:33 am
Kristi is VERY familiar with the term LOON.

Oh, so she's been whining that Auburn got the benefit of calls in that game too?

SouthSide Johnny

Mark Richt has been at Georgia since 2001 and is 118-40 .74684   which ranks #8 in the NCAA and #2 in the SEC just behind LSU in that time frame, and also ranks #9 tied All Time in bowl winning % .6667 8-4. Not a NC but outside of Saban NC runs the list is very very short.

Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

ifghog

yeah they need to be careful...sometimes you get what you wish for....they might find someone better but you might not....when you fire someone like him, as an AD you better be damn sure because you will be fired if it doesn't work out as good. I am not saying they shouldn't make a change but you better not miss after him.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: SSJ on November 18, 2013, 02:08:19 pm
Mark Richt has been at Georgia since 2001 and is 118-40 .74684   which ranks #8 in the NCAA and #2 in the SEC just behind LSU in that time frame, and also ranks #9 tied All Time in bowl winning % .6667 8-4. Not a NC but outside of Saban NC runs the list is very very short.

3 teams that recruit as good as Georgia since Richt has been there.  Florida 2 NC, Alabama 3 NC, and LSU 2 NC and a 3rd apperance in another NC game.   When I look at Georgia I don't say I wish I had that success of Richt I say I wish I had that recruiting grounds because Georgia recruits about 90% of their team from Georgia.

Georgia fans should be pissed off with him.  They know that they have recruited top 10 to top 5 classes and still can't even get an apperance into the NC game.  The closest he was was when he lost to a Ron Zook Florida team he wins that game they go undefeated, but like usual he finds a way to lose games he shouldn't.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Never To Yield on November 18, 2013, 12:49:48 pm
Oh, so she's been whining that Auburn got the benefit of calls in that game too?

Would not surprise anyone...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 18, 2013, 06:05:08 pm
3 teams that recruit as good as Georgia since Richt has been there.  Florida 2 NC, Alabama 3 NC, and LSU 2 NC and a 3rd apperance in another NC game.   When I look at Georgia I don't say I wish I had that success of Richt I say I wish I had that recruiting grounds because Georgia recruits about 90% of their team from Georgia.

Georgia fans should be pissed off with him.  They know that they have recruited top 10 to top 5 classes and still can't even get an apperance into the NC game.  The closest he was was when he lost to a Ron Zook Florida team he wins that game they go undefeated, but like usual he finds a way to lose games he shouldn't.   

Two words: Derek Dooley... You can get a bad coach just as easy

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 18, 2013, 10:43:21 pm

Two words: Derek Dooley... You can get a bad coach just as easy

If you fear getting a bad coach then you will never make it to a nc game.  Richt is an above average coach.  He peaked a decade ago.  He isn't going to a nc ever. 

Steef

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 19, 2013, 06:34:07 am
If you fear getting a bad coach then you will never make it to a nc game.  Richt is an above average coach.  He peaked a decade ago.  He isn't going to a nc ever.

He was one spiked ball to stop the clock...away from the Crystal game...just last year. And he might have made a go of it THIS year...if he hadn't had so many injuries early in the season.

Both heartbreak losses...the one last year and the one this year...came off of dumb, spur of the moment mistakes by a player, not a coach. WE....had one of those ourselves in the Sugar Bowl. Why....we had half a dozen of those in the Sugar Bowl.

It's why games are never gimmees. 'Cause it's kids out there playing, instead of coaches.

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 18, 2013, 06:05:08 pm

So he hasn't been to a NC game losing to conference teams that have, so he's a failure.. epic...  What does that make the Razorback program a epic failure...

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hobhog on November 17, 2013, 10:11:58 am
Would make Hogvillle proud. They are  going with the scorched earth philosophy- everyone must go.

Brutal loss to a hated team on fluke play. I'm enjoying their pain and feel a little guilty about it...

I feel GA pain they had a great team of starters hacked up by Injuries.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Redhogs

Quote from: SSJ on November 19, 2013, 08:17:44 am
So he hasn't been to a NC game losing to conference teams that have, so he's a failure.. epic...  What does that make the Razorback program a epic failure...
Yes....yes it does.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

NaturalStateReb

I get why UGA fans are upset.  I also get why people wonder why they're upset.

Most fans, including me, would love to have Richt's numbers for their schools for the last 10 years.  As SSJ pointed out above, his numbers are very impressive.  Disappointed or not, UGA has been having solid seasons.

Still, Richt has had some amazing players come through the door--in Richt's 11 years, UGA has had a Top 10 recruiting class in 7 of them.  He's had guys like Aaron Murray, Matthew Stafford, A.J. Green, David Pollack, Brandon Boykin, Jarivs Jones, Drew Butler, Knowshon Moreno, just to name a few.  Despite the talent, Richt has only won the conference twice in a fairly uneven SEC East, with the last crown coming 8 years ago.  With Aaron Murray, who's breaking all sorts of SEC records, UGA is struggling to win games.  The perception is that  Richt can't win the big games. 

In 2012, UGA finished 12-2 and ranked #5.  Murray was back and preseason expectations were high.  Now, they're 6-4.  It's easy to understand why people are frustrated, regardless of whether those frustrations are entirely justifiable.

I don't think Richt is going to get much longer.  He'll get another year, but if they don't do much next year, I think he'll be gone.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 19, 2013, 04:21:48 pm
I get why UGA fans are upset.  I also get why people wonder why they're upset.

Most fans, including me, would love to have Richt's numbers for their schools for the last 10 years.  As SSJ pointed out above, his numbers are very impressive.  Disappointed or not, UGA has been having solid seasons.

Still, Richt has had some amazing players come through the door--in Richt's 11 years, UGA has had a Top 10 recruiting class in 7 of them.  He's had guys like Aaron Murray, Matthew Stafford, A.J. Green, David Pollack, Brandon Boykin, Jarivs Jones, Drew Butler, Knowshon Moreno, just to name a few.  Despite the talent, Richt has only won the conference twice in a fairly uneven SEC East, with the last crown coming 8 years ago.  With Aaron Murray, who's breaking all sorts of SEC records, UGA is struggling to win games.  The perception is that  Richt can't win the big games. 

In 2012, UGA finished 12-2 and ranked #5.  Murray was back and preseason expectations were high.  Now, they're 6-4.  It's easy to understand why people are frustrated, regardless of whether those frustrations are entirely justifiable.

I don't think Richt is going to get much longer.  He'll get another year, but if they don't do much next year, I think he'll be gone.

Just because the lunatic fringe on a message board after a last play defeat in a injury plagued season doesn't mean the administration or the fan base in general want a change, his record speaks  for itself. 4 different teams have won the east since 2001 same as the west how is that uneven?

What is disturbing is this board in general with the little Winnie envy, if you have to hate on another, it's because you don't have anything good to talk about yourself...     

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: SSJ on November 19, 2013, 07:33:48 pm
Just because the lunatic fringe on a message board after a last play defeat in a injury plagued season doesn't mean the administration or the fan base in general want a change, his record speaks  for itself. 4 different teams have won the east since 2001 same as the west how is that uneven?

What is disturbing is this board in general with the little Winnie envy, if you have to hate on another, it's because you don't have anything good to talk about yourself...     

Wow, lighten up there Francis.  I didn't say that I agreed, only that I saw where the frustration was coming from.  Being able to see both sides of an argument was once a hallmark of being logical, but, as you point out, we are on a message board.

How is the East uneven?  During Richt's tenure at UGA, Tennessee has basically cratered.  During that span, Florida has lost 4 or more games 6 times.  South Carolina has only won 8 or more games 4 times.  Vandy's only been good the last couple of years.  Kentucky has been Kentucky.

Richt's record against ranked teams over the last 5 years is 10-20. 

Does the administration at UGA want Richt out?  Probably not--Richt is a good coach.  But UGA's expectations aren't to just a win a few, and those expectations aren't unreasonable.  When you consider how much talent UGA has had, the state of the East over that time period, and what UGA has done, I can see cause for frustration. 

I don't think Richt is done this year or anything crazy like that.  But his seat seems to be hot after every loss.  I think he's in the same situation that Bob Stoops is in over at Oklahoma--yes, he's winning a lot, but he's not bringing home the hardware.  Just like many OU fans, many UGA fans aren't sure that their program is living up to its means. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HiggiePiggy

Only difference at OU though is they have won a NC game and have been to another while under stoops. 

SouthSide Johnny

November 23, 2013, 07:55:20 am #170 Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:34:44 pm by SSJ
Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 20, 2013, 09:03:03 am
Wow, lighten up there Francis.  I didn't say that I agreed, only that I saw where the frustration was coming from.  Being able to see both sides of an argument was once a hallmark of being logical, but, as you point out, we are on a message board.

How is the East uneven?  During Richt's tenure at UGA, Tennessee has basically cratered.  During that span, Florida has lost 4 or more games 6 times.  South Carolina has only won 8 or more games 4 times.  Vandy's only been good the last couple of years.  Kentucky has been Kentucky.

Richt's record against ranked teams over the last 5 years is 10-20. 

Does the administration at UGA want Richt out?  Probably not--Richt is a good coach.  But UGA's expectations aren't to just a win a few, and those expectations aren't unreasonable.  When you consider how much talent UGA has had, the state of the East over that time period, and what UGA has done, I can see cause for frustration. 

I don't think Richt is done this year or anything crazy like that.  But his seat seems to be hot after every loss.  I think he's in the same situation that Bob Stoops is in over at Oklahoma--yes, he's winning a lot, but he's not bringing home the hardware.  Just like many OU fans, many UGA fans aren't sure that their program is living up to its means. 

Now isn't that rich, your like some other mod's on here all knowing always right insiders to all things football, if some disagree or have a different perspective You resort to childish name calling, nice work there mod... I'm sure you have the heartbeat to all things OU and Georgia fandom...  Maybe the sand throwing box in the juvenile board is more your fit

" if you have to hate on another, it's because you don't have anything good to talk about yourself ie program..."