Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

anyone ever seen deer collars?

Started by igtat900, October 23, 2013, 09:28:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

igtat900

got a doe coming in on farm with red collar  is this a game and fish collar ?

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Rzbakfromwaybak

Not sure if it's AGFC, or somebody's pet.

Saw a doe once, years ago....while floating the Buffalo River.  It had a red collar similar to the one in your picture.  It was walking along the opposite river bank.  It did not appear to be afraid of us, & walked along the bank for a minute or two, before heading back into the woods.

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HuntinHog

At our deer camp we've had a few deer over the years that have no fear of us, they'll walk right up to the house and east corn from your hand.  I figure they were raised as pets and ran off or something. 

Anyways, we've put a collar or two on them just so the people who hunt there know not to mess with them.

HogBreath

Several years back, down in the Pike/Howard county line neck of the woods, I ran across a 6 pointer that was wearing a big orange collar, no one else in the area knew about it or claimed ownership, never saw it but that one time.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

1highhog

Yeah, AGFC does not put collars on deer, most likely someone's once pet.

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.