Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lake fork

Started by jdelo77, October 22, 2013, 06:32:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jdelo77

Does anyone fish it regularly ? I'm
Heading that way Thursday got some crappie fishing , the cabin is somewhere near quitman ....

95_alum

You're traveling to Lake Fork, to crappie fish?   ???

Hawgon

I've never done any good at Fork, although one trip we went and about the middle of the day we decided to load up and head just a little way up the road to that power plant lake, Monticello(?), and we loaded up.

95_alum

True story:
I walked in to a local sportingood store & asked one of the employees (who was chatting with two other guys) where their 20-lb. test was located?
One them responded, "20-lb. test?! Where are you fishing that requires 20-lb. test?"
I smiled and said, "Lake Fork."
"Follow me. It's right over here..."

pigture perfect

Let us know how you do.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jdelo77

Yes I fish for crappie for the freezer , bass are strictly catch and release ...

Rhog

Yeah crappie fishing at Lake Fork is amazing.  The first time I ever fished Lake Fork
we were using a wacky-worm rig and kept catching crappie by accident; they were huge!
Great fishery for both bass and crappie.  I can't wait to go back next spring.

Chuck Boarris

I'm heading to Fork tomorrow morning. The bass fishing has been kind of tough out there lately. I'm hoping it picks up over the weekend.

jdelo77

Tough fishing today guys , only caught 24 between four of us in 8 hrs , we fished around bridges and brush piles , and points , 20-25 foot of water ...

jdelo77

Caught 72 yesterday , best one was a 2.5 pound bruiser my father caught , lots of solid 1-1.25 pound fish ... I will post pics when I get back tomorrow evening ...

Chuck Boarris

The bass fishing was tough this weekend.

Grizzlyfan

Where is this Lake Fork that you guys are referring to?

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 28, 2013, 01:17:13 pm

Where is this Lake Fork that you guys are referring to?

Texas.  East of Dallas, about 70 miles.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jdelo77

We cleaned 104 total , the biggest was this one almost 2.5 pounds , Saturday was slow, i think we caught 10 that kept anyway, lots of small fish on this trip , when i say small i mean we caught over 225+ but only 104 were legal , it was a great time and look forward to it next year....

[attachment deleted by admin]

dagnamit

Quote from: jdelow77 on October 28, 2013, 03:38:45 pm
We cleaned 104 total , the biggest was this one almost 2.5 pounds , Saturday was slow, i think we caught 10 that kept anyway, lots of small fish on this trip , when i say small i mean we caught over 225+ but only 104 were legal , it was a great time and look forward to it next year....
your hand must weigh 5 lbs... =)

jdelo77

He was chunky ... But we weighed him on the scale at the marina ...

Chuck Boarris

Which marina were you at? One of my sponsors held a pro staff get together this weekend at Lake Fork Marina.

jdelo77

Well it was actually oak ridge marina , not really a marina but more of a bait shop and restraunt ...

Chuck Boarris

Quote from: jdelow77 on October 29, 2013, 01:34:34 pm
Well it was actually oak ridge marina , not really a marina but more of a bait shop and restraunt ...

We launched and ate lunch there Friday. They carry the sponsors product so he had us all go there and eat lunch as a way to say thanks.

jdelo77

Yeah we ate lunch on the water , but ate breakfast and dinner there , pretty good food !  we were fishing out if a new black ranger aluminum , you might have seen us ...

Chuck Boarris

I agree, the food there was good! I'm sure I passed you a couple times out there. We did quite a bit of moving around.

adave

Quote from: dagnamit on October 28, 2013, 04:48:28 pm
your hand must weigh 5 lbs... =)

Surly he's not saying the one in that pic was 2.5 lbs..

jdelo77

I assure you it was close to 2.5 pounds , I have a few more pics of this fish but they aren't any better than this one ...

dagnamit

Quote from: adave on October 31, 2013, 07:49:49 am
Surly he's not saying the one in that pic was 2.5 lbs..
I am not buying it. But I am not saying he is fibbing. The scales must of been off by at least a pound and a half.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jdelow77 on October 28, 2013, 06:27:39 pm
He was chunky ... But we weighed him on the scale at the marina ...
Looks like a slab to me.

jdelo77

Once again we weighed him at the marina , look at how thick he his across his back ...

dagnamit

I am looking at the image on my iPad with the best resolution there is. It is a nice crappie. I believe you weighed it. The scales are wrong. It is not near long enough to touch the weight you are saying.

dagnamit

Albert Einswine

Quote from: dagnamit on November 01, 2013, 04:10:53 pm

Dude! You just blew the perfect opportunity... should have worded it 17"  5.2 lb crappie
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

dagnamit

Yep I missed up. I did not understand the rules. Sorry

jdelo77

Zoom in all you want , it's a crappy picture I know that , but I also had three witnesses with me at the time , and it's a hell of a lot bigger when you just pull it out the water with the fins and tail out ... Say what you want , I was there ...

dagnamit

A cooler full of 2.5 pounders .... LOL ---- No. The largest was around 3/4 lb but all 80 of them made some really nice filets.

Caught all of them in a 20 by 20 spot... thanks to a guide friend of mine.