Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anyone started seeing any rutting activity yet??

Started by ifghog, October 18, 2013, 12:39:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ifghog

I have seen several bucks at night on the move this week. Haven't found many real scrapes or rubs. It should be getting wound up anytime. Here in central AR the rut is usually winding down by gun season. That is my own observation from being an avid hunter for about 25 years! I know what the AGFC says about it. I haven't gotten out as much so far to bow hunt due to a sick family member I am spending a lot of time with but will be full tilt this weekend. Just curious with feedback.

longbore

I saw a lot of scrapes and rubs out at Wedington WMA this morning. The bucks are confrontational and coming to calls and rattling. I shot and trailed a big one for about two hours before it dried up. The most blood I've ever seen and not found the deer. I'm sick.

ifghog

Quote from: longbore on October 18, 2013, 01:13:54 pm
I saw a lot of scrapes and rubs out at Wedington WMA this morning. The bucks are confrontational and coming to calls and rattling. I shot and trailed a big one for about two hours before it dried up. The most blood I've ever seen and not found the deer. I'm sick.
I am so sorry man. I have been there with my bow too many times to talk about. Those good ones are to find if you don't hit them just right with a bow....part two is I am glad to hear what you are saying. I will rattle and grunt some then...just has been so darn hot it has not been fun to hunt. Thank you for the feed back and sorry about your deer.

kodiakisland

Started seeing a lot of fresh rubs the first week of Oct in NWA.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

ifghog

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 18, 2013, 05:24:01 pm
Started seeing a lot of fresh rubs the first week of Oct in NWA.
I have found a few rubs myself. Saw a 6 pt chasing a doe this evening. She didn't seem to interested but he had it on his mind. Love this time of year!!

kodiakisland

Yep.  I'm off all next week and will be in the woods every day.  I've already been watching several bucks for the last 4 or 5 weeks.  It's fun to watch their change in behavior as the days get shorter and the weather gets colder.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Hudge

Oh man, ya'll are making me home sick.  I miss deer hunting, and all hunting but bear is done here by this time of the year.

kodiakisland

Deer hunted in Alaska into Feb and caribou hunted year round.  You must be in fairbanks.

ifghog

It was a great morning! Bucks chasing does everywhere. Actually saw more bucks than does. They aren't super serious yet but the next 2 weeks are gonna be interesting!

Boarslab

Bucks are chasing does big time in N. Central Ark.  I saw 3 chasing yesterday morning about 10 to 11 a.m.  I shot one of em....7 pt. with an eye guard missing or would have been an 8. Lots of other folks seeing the same thing too along with heavy scraping.

longbore

ive been seeing more hog activity out that way...