Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoop Hogs Picked 8th at SEC Media Day

Started by Smithian, October 16, 2013, 10:13:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

I'll be surprised if Arkansas is picked any lower than 4th next year.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: alaback on April 23, 2014, 11:59:59 pm
Yes, see the irony on full display below...

ding, dong the witch is dead. the wicked witch is dead.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Johnboy

Quote from: alaback on April 23, 2014, 11:59:59 pm
Yes, see the irony on full display below...

Wow, I wouldn't have believed that HA was the person who wrote that if you paid me. 

I thought it was just his demeanor, now I can see that it literally is just a dislike for the current coaching staff.  A blind person could see that this team is looking better and better.  Much better than years past and if you can't see that you are ignoring it.

nextlevel

Quote from: chevymanar on April 24, 2014, 01:53:22 pm
Wow, I wouldn't have believed that HA was the person who wrote that if you paid me. 

I thought it was just his demeanor, now I can see that it literally is just a dislike for the current coaching staff.  A blind person could see that this team is looking better and better.  Much better than years past and if you can't see that you are ignoring it.

He went to great lengths to defend Pelphrey.

He has never passed an opportunity to run down Heath or Anderson.

Take from that what you want.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

mhuff

Quote from: latrops on April 24, 2014, 06:54:32 am
You guys really need to let it go that HA thought Pel should get another year.  Pel's teams did improve marginally over the last couple of years and a reasonable case could be made.  I was certainly in favor of keeping Pel another year over hiring another unproven up and comer.  CMA, though, had a track record of achieving a higher level of success and I was happy with the move. 

HA may not be a big CMA fan, but if that is the case, his criticism barely registers compared to much of what is on this board.  FWIW, if CMA doesn't get this team into the NCAAT next season, his 4 years here will not be much better than what Pel did, while Pel arguably had a tougher job given what he inherited .  I've seen a little progress, but next season is big.  CMA needs to get this team over the hump.  In any case, I believe it is OK to think the last coach deserved one more year AND also support the current coach.  I like Pel, I like CMA.  To this point, neither did a good enough job.

Expectations are justifiably higher for CMA. 

Hey I like them both as well. It is how well they coached or didn't that gets me. Pel ran this program into the ground. CMA has one more year with me. I hope he pulls it off. I think the UA fans deserve better.  We are paying top dollar.

The_Iceman

Swinesong1

Quote from: mhuff on April 24, 2014, 02:40:12 pm
CMA has one more year with me. I hope he pulls it off. I think the UA fans deserve better.  We are paying top dollar.
So if the 2014-15 season doesn't meet your expectations, what are you going to do?  Just curious.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 24, 2014, 02:51:03 pm
So if the 2014-15 season doesn't meet your expectations, what are you going to do?  Just curious.

For me? No longer support Mike Anderson as head coach. I'm not going to go start flying banners or anything, but I will no longer believe Mike is the man for the job.

Swinesong1

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 24, 2014, 02:53:02 pm
For me? No longer support Mike Anderson as head coach. I'm not going to go start flying banners or anything, but I will no longer believe Mike is the man for the job.
That's reasonable.  I just hope you don't turn into a one of these other petty posters who make it their duty to come to this board and ruin it for those who remain fans of the PROGRAM and not just the coach.  It just tickles me when people post ultimatums as if they're the school Prez, Athletic Director or a BOT member who makes all the hring/firing decisions.

Smithian

Clicked on this thread expecting to see a bunch of optimism.

Nope, just whining.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: nextlevel on April 24, 2014, 02:20:59 pm
He went to great lengths to defend Pelphrey.

He has never passed an opportunity to run down Heath or Anderson.

Take from that what you want.

Really? You want suggest racism? Wow, that's pretty slimeball-ish, even for you. And what did I specifically say about Heath? You seem to think you recall my specific posts from what...six/seven years ago? Heath left this program with the APR mess. A lot of the players didn't respect him. You don't agree? You have proof to support your dissenting opinion?

Of course not. You're just trolling.

Of course, just because you claim I take every opportunity to run down MA, doesn't make it true. You selectively choose what you want from my posts, and that's fine. You're 'that guy,' and you are certainly not alone.

I support our program, and I attend every home (*newsflash* to the weirdos who take note that I'm not on the board posting Captain Obvious 'we won' posts when we win). I know the staff and many in the Razorback administration. I was dropping knowledge about our 2013-14 schedule via Jump Ball well before it was released. I like MA and the staff as people, but I have realistic expectations and I expect far more from an established coach like MA than I did from inexperienced coaches like Heath and Pelphrey. There is/was a golden opportunity to rejuvenate Razorback basketball when the 2011 class was signed, and I saw MA's hiring as being far more complicated than the warm & fuzzy red kool-aid parade of automatic Sweet 16 trips some of you made it out to be. Three years in, we're still not close to being what we want to be. Sorry if you don't like my opinion, but you certainly aren't changing it and you certainly aren't going to silence it.

I enjoy taking potshots at certain people's opinions on this site, especially those who were once so eager to hate on the Hogs back when Pel and Heath were here. And in turn those that can't defend their opinions take it to a ridiculous level like you now are. In the grand scheme of things, I don't care what ridiculous lengths you go to to troll HA, but to infer racism? Keep it real man, don't take it to that level. That's beyond pathetic.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

April 24, 2014, 03:50:31 pm #111 Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:02:36 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: Smithian on April 24, 2014, 03:28:42 pm
Clicked on this thread expecting to see a bunch of optimism.

Nope, just whining.

Talking Razorback basketball is such a novel concept.

Yet pointing out that we were one game away from meeting our unpopular pre-season prediction suddenly ignites trolls emerge from every rock in Arkansas and inferred claims of racism.

Jump Ball is ridiculous. (Is that four now, MGB? Hope you're keeping up).
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

nextlevel

All of Pelphrey's failures were caused by Heath.

All of Anderson's failures are of his own making.

Pelphrey did absolutely nothing wrong during his time here.

There are gaps in your logic.

Blaming Heath today for Pelphrey's results are just another example of you not missing an opportunity to run Heath down.

But by all means get defensive about racism.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: nextlevel on April 24, 2014, 04:02:21 pm

Blaming Heath today for Pelphrey's results are just another example of you not missing an opportunity to run Heath down.

You create your own logic. Where have I said Pel did nothing wrong? Where have I said Anderson is a failure, or is having constant issues? I defend Pel because I wanted those 2011 kids. I've said it dozens of times. Shall I share such posts, because I can find them. I'm more critical of MA because I expect more from MA. I've posted this dozens of times as well. It's not hard to understand....for most.

You make it all up as you go, assuming far more than what is actually there.

nextlevel

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 24, 2014, 04:04:35 pm
You create your own logic. Where have I said Pel did nothing wrong? Where have I said Anderson is a failure, or is having constant issues?

You make it all up as you go, assuming far more than what is actually there.

When have you said Pel did anything wrong?

I didn't say you said Anderson was a failure, I said you place his failures on him, something you were quick to blame other people for with Pel.

ell oh ell

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: nextlevel on April 24, 2014, 04:06:09 pm
When have you said Pel did anything wrong?

I didn't say you said Anderson was a failure, I said you place his failures on him, something you were quick to blame other people for with Pel.

Pel didn't get the job done, I've said as much after he was fired. Sorry if I wasn't a bandwagon fan that refused to support the Hogs back then. What else did you need to read from my posts?

And what failures of Pel's did I blame on others? Was APR Pel's fault? The numbers, for those who actually know how to read them, don't say so. The six seniors in Pel's first season and one bad academic support group who helped get Beverley suspended? Was that Pel's fault?  Do you disagree with any of this? What else have I blamed 'others' for?

nextlevel

Pel's handling of the APR leading to a lost scholarship is something you continually have blamed Heath for.

Then you blame Anderson for not having to been able to use that scholly his first year and have a full roster.

I'm not dragging up the posts, others can do that, they are there, its not worth my time.

ell oh ell

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: nextlevel on April 24, 2014, 04:15:10 pm
Pel's handling of the APR leading to a lost scholarship is something you continually have blamed Heath for.

Then you blame Anderson for not having to been able to use that scholly his first year and have a full roster.

I'm not dragging up the posts, others can do that, they are there, its not worth my time.

'Pel's handling of the APR'....do you even understand how APR works? I don't think you do.  Hell, the NCAA delayed giving us a mandatory one year scholarship reduction by a year BECAUSE of the proven progress the UofA (aka 'Pel') was making in righting the academic ship. That 755 stuck around for four years! How can it magically just go away? Everyone with a brain knew that we would be penalized at some point before that 755 got off our four year score.

It's examples like this where the facts never seem to resonate with the same group of usual suspects.

I 'blamed' Anderson for not using a scholly?? Haha, really?!? No, I've simply pointed out the FACT that over the prior three off-seasons we've had at least one scholarship left unused. Right or wrong? MA actually had three available scholarships in that first season, with one of those going towards the NCAA penalty. You 'took from that what YOU wanted to take.' You don't have to like that fact, but that doesn't make the observation any less true.

That's fine...good job at making up some halfa$$ accusations then simply walking away.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: HouseOfHam on April 23, 2014, 12:21:49 pm
You don't have to register to read this board. I have been lurking for a few years.

Sure thing Jamie.

Fayettechill14

Give up HawgAdvocate, you've been outed. Just follow that advice you posted in February 2011 and apply it to Anderson.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 24, 2014, 05:03:14 pm
Give up HawgAdvocate, you've been outed. Just follow that advice you posted in February 2011 and apply it to Anderson.

Where have I said Anderson needs to be fired? Where have I said his seat is warm? Where have I said we can do better? Where have I said, since he was hired, that I don't want MA as our coach?

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions...every year, the same old thing from the same group of people....all because I pointed out a simple fact that some can't wrap their minds around without going 'full retard.'

Back when Pel was here, the cool thing to do on Jump Ball was bash the Hogs. Now that we have a coach most everyone appreciates, I don't have to pump sunshine.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 24, 2014, 05:21:40 pm
Where have I said Anderson needs to be fired? Where have I said his seat is warm? Where have I said we can do better? Where have I said, since he was hired, that I don't want MA as our coach?

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions...every year, the same old thing from the same group of people....all because I pointed out a simple fact that some can't wrap their minds around without going 'full retard.'

Back when Pel was here, the cool thing to do on Jump Ball was bash the Hogs. Now that we have a coach most everyone appreciates, I don't have to pump sunshine.

Ignoratio elenchi

As for the rest of your post, Pelphrey provided no positive trajectory. His best year was his first and none of his subsequent teams could match that team. He had 3 additional years. Ask the University of Missouri what they think about coaches who sink after year one. There's no doubt that each of Anderson's teams has been better than the last, and now next year's team will return its top 3 leading scorers. Big difference between Anderson's and Pelphrey's tenures.

forrest city joe

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 24, 2014, 05:21:40 pm

I am so glad other people have seen the light about you. i am just sitting back reading this thread. i don't have to add anything to what's being said. it speaks for itself.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 24, 2014, 08:17:09 pm
Ignoratio elenchi

Context is not your friend, but that's a common problem around here. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 24, 2014, 08:17:09 pm
As for the rest of your post, Pelphrey provided no positive trajectory. His best year was his first and none of his subsequent teams could match that team. He had 3 additional years. Ask the University of Missouri what they think about coaches who sink after year one. There's no doubt that each of Anderson's teams has been better than the last, and now next year's team will return its top 3 leading scorers. Big difference between Anderson's and Pelphrey's tenures.

...and water is indeed wet, and fire is indeed hot. What conversation are you a part of here? Again, context.

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 24, 2014, 09:25:16 pm
I am so glad other people have seen the light about you. i am just sitting back reading this thread. i don't have to add anything to what's being said. it speaks for itself.

These 'other people' are very much like yourself, all over the map with misguided angst and completely oblivious to context. As I now so often post, 'the blind are leading the blind.' Good day.

farmhawg

Quote from: nextlevel on April 24, 2014, 04:02:21 pm

This^^^
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 25, 2014, 06:03:20 pm
Context is not your friend, but that's a common problem around here. 

...and water is indeed wet, and fire is indeed hot. What conversation are you a part of here? Again, context.

These 'other people' are very much like yourself, all over the map with misguided angst and completely oblivious to context. As I now so often post, 'the blind are leading the blind.' Good day.
No your blind hate for Mike Anderson is leading you. you just can not get over Pel getting fired. it still pisses you off to the point that you want Mike to fail and get fired.he is not getting fired. SO GET OVER IT!