• 27,076 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:FootballBasketball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON!Ugly Uncle Show
 Two Cents Radio 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Today was the end of Beliema  (Read 8382 times)

NorthDallas40

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Today was the end of Beliema
« on: October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pm »

Just to put it into context, I was an original darksider. Not for Nutt. But for Nolan on Woopig with Truth and Him. I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.
I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues. Have had four tickets in the Red Zone since it opened.
The hogs are like my fourth child after my two kids and dog. Some of you know what I mean.
I golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back. Despite his dumb guy look, he's smart and witty. He's also foul and drops f bombs without knowing his audience (me too).
On this website, I posted under another handle when we lost at home to Bama with Mallett and our not being able to hold our lead that that was our one shot for greatness. Of course, everyone on here said I wasn't a fan and that we'd beat Bama for the next five years in a row.
So to today, this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees. But today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager. That will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 
He will be gone by year 3. And we will be stuck right back where we are now. But such is life. The stories will start in the offseason about how such an outspoken loud mouth is just not a good fit for Arkansas. By the end of next year, everyone on here will agree. And then he will get a third year to look for his next gig and we will back to square one. Can't wait.

fuzion1

• Varsity
Re: Today was the end of Beliema
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 05:42:31 pm »

Free Coach B!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.

sickboy

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 05:42:58 pm »

Yeah, ok.

Or, you know, he starts winning.

Oliver

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 05:44:03 pm »

Bielema is on borrowed time.  He'll get 4 or 5 years but he'll never succeed here

OptimusHog

• Hogvillian
  • Crossing my fingers
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 05:47:02 pm »

IllumiHognati?

the END.

• Senior
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 05:47:15 pm »

We wanna win in Fayetteville? We need Orgeron. We need Kiffin. We need to accept the eventual penalties.

Hoggiedawg

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 05:48:41 pm »

He'll have to show improvement next year and get us to a mid-tier bowl by year three or CBB is gone.

Oliver

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 05:49:44 pm »

We wanna win in Fayetteville? We need Orgeron. We need Kiffin. We need to accept the eventual penalties.

We certainly need to stop worrying about NCAA punishments.

aar0n

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 05:50:59 pm »

I predict we will win the national championship in 2015.  See how easy that is?  And I didn't have to type 8 giant paragraphs to make people believe me any more than you.

TNhawgfan

• Kaepernicking on hogville daily
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 05:53:05 pm »

Yeah, BB can only win at big time programs like wisconsin. We are like a ju co compared to that powerhouse program. Lets go ahead and fire him today and go get kiffin. This thread is awsomeness

luke hawg

• Senior
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 05:53:37 pm »

It all depends on his ability to recruit. If next years class is as talented as this one. He will do fine here.

PygmalionEffect

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 05:54:00 pm »

It takes a lot of things going wrong to look that bad. That was JLL bad today. I think we are all familiar with it. We know what it smells like. Something is wrong with the infrastructure to put out a product that defective.

Smokehouse

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 05:54:11 pm »

Congratulations on your long and illustrious anonymous message board posting career. I'm sure everyone you know is very proud of it, especially if all of your posts are as full of pointless rambling like this one is!

Something over there

• Varsity
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »

Should have settled with the people that interviewed with Dorrell for a few million and suspended Bobby P for half of last season.

Dirty

• WPS!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 05:55:14 pm »

Wow!

Smokehouse

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 05:55:17 pm »

We certainly need to stop worrying about NCAA punishments.

Not worrying about NCAA punishments has worked out so well for USC and TN. Let's emulate that!

swinesation

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 05:56:44 pm »

Dang Grandpa, I'm guessing you haven't had a good BM in a while.

Bugscuffle

• Varsity
  • “I can’t eat an iPad.”
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 05:57:14 pm »

I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.

Next time just go ahead and close it out right there. 'nuff said.

hogcoots

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 05:57:25 pm »

If he has a losing record next year, he will not see year 3.

Dirty

• WPS!!!
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 05:57:29 pm »

ND 40

This is way off base.

superior_wang

• It's 3:30 am somewhere !
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 05:57:43 pm »

even Jeff Long knows BB is a good coach and needs some time.

grayhawg

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 05:58:08 pm »

Just to put it into context, I was an original darksider. Not for Nutt. But for Nolan on Woopig with Truth and Him. I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.
I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues. Have had four tickets in the Red Zone since it opened.
The hogs are like my fourth child after my two kids and dog. Some of you know what I mean.
I golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back. Despite his dumb guy look, he's smart and witty. He's also foul and drops f bombs without knowing his audience (me too).
On this website, I posted under another handle when we lost at home to Bama with Mallett and our not being able to hold our lead that that was our one shot for greatness. Of course, everyone on here said I wasn't a fan and that we'd beat Bama for the next five years in a row.
So to today, this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees. But today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager. That will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 
He will be gone by year 3. And we will be stuck right back where we are now. But such is life. The stories will start in the offseason about how such an outspoken loud mouth is just not a good fit for Arkansas. By the end of next year, everyone on here will agree. And then he will get a third year to look for his next gig and we will back to square one. Can't wait.
WOW!!!

WILL CLINTON

• I'm Will Clinton, and I approved this message.
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 06:00:15 pm »

Absolutely incorrect. He will get 3 maybe 4 years. Guaranteed.

Dirty

• WPS!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2013, 06:00:58 pm »

Wanna bet

phadedhawg

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 06:01:47 pm »

Wow...

Hawgfan27

• Senior
  • Sit back and watch
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2013, 06:02:09 pm »

You sound pretty freaking full of yourself honestly

menehune

• Varsity
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 06:03:14 pm »

Wow!  Humility is not your strong suit, is it?  Delusions of grandeur?

westside_player

• Senior
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 06:05:06 pm »

I can respect you playing golf with him, having season tickets and the hogs being your 4th child. But, I bet he will get at least 5 years b/c we can't afford to buy out a coach after 3 years. I'm sure after his 3rd year we will see some improvement. That might mean 7-5 level but it will be enough to keep his job 2 more years. If we are 4-8 or 5-7 each of the next 2 years and keep getting blown out, he may be out after year 3, but that is unlikely.  Notre Dame got in this same situation with Charlie Weiss.     

He's going to be here for a while and win around 2 to 4 conference games per year, like it or not.

aar0n

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 06:05:23 pm »

You sound pretty freaking full of yourself honestly

Oh he's earned it, didn't you read all of his accomplishments?

swinesation

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 06:05:47 pm »

Wow!  Humility is not your strong suit, is it?  Delusions of grandeur?

There can't be very many guys still alive who could make that claim, so it shouldn't be hard to figure how who this mysterious power broker is.

luke hawg

• Senior
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 06:06:04 pm »

:puke:

pfrg999

• Go Hogs Go!!!!
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 06:06:32 pm »

OK seriously... We all knew this year was gonna be a train wreck... We ALL wanted it to be better.. But now we see the crash unfolding before our eyes and is sucks... But again we knew it was gonna happen... It really just sucks...

hogcard1964

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013, 06:06:34 pm »

Bielema is on borrowed time.  He'll get 4 or 5 years but he'll never succeed here

Yep

NorthDallas40

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2013, 06:06:59 pm »

You guys are great. So optimistic!
For CBB to succeed, we need Bama, LSU and now AM and Ole Miss to entirely self destruct in the next three years. It could happen if the NCAA cracks (or breaks) down but that likely won't happen.
Long live Napigleon Boarnaporke - still the best Hog handle ever made!!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

• Hogville Resident DJ
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2013, 06:08:05 pm »

I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.

Next time just go ahead and close it out right there. 'nuff said.

Yeah, I think your timeline is sort of impossible.

aar0n

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2013, 06:10:54 pm »

For CBB to succeed, we need Bama, LSU and now AM and Ole Miss to entirely self destruct in the next three years. It could happen if the NCAA cracks (or breaks) down but that likely won't happen.

OMG OMG OMG YOU ARE MY HERO!!!  Truly a living legend right here folks....

[Sarcasm:off]

Oliver

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2013, 06:10:55 pm »

Not worrying about NCAA punishments has worked out so well for USC and TN. Let's emulate that!

And Auburn, Oregon, Ole Piss, etc

Pickwick Hog

• Senior
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2013, 06:11:54 pm »

LMFAO! This joint has become a joke beyond compare. 4th dumbest fan base? Try #1!

tophawg19

• She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2013, 06:11:56 pm »

excuse me for asking but when did we fire broyles . i was under the impression he retired . but that's just me i'm sure .

BoynamedWooPigSooie

• 5x National Champions 1909, '64, '65, '77, 2010*
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2013, 06:15:20 pm »

Did you shoot Nolan's horse?

NorthDallas40

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2013, 06:15:48 pm »

excuse me for asking but when did we fire broyles . i was under the impression he retired . but that's just me i'm sure .
Yes young pup, the admin all begged CFB to stay on but he selflessly rode into the sunset because he knew that was best for the program! LOL!

pdb1936

• Band Nerd
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 06:16:08 pm »

August 30   6:00 pm   Western Illinois*      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR      W 28–24     70,537
September 6   6:00 pm   Louisiana-Monroe*      War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR   PPV   W 28–27     55,048
September 20   11:30 am   #13 Alabama      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   Raycom   L 14–49     72,315
September 27   2:30 pm   at #7 Texas*      Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX   ABC   L 10–52     97,833
October 4   11:30 am   #13 Florida      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   Raycom   L 7–38     70,072
October 11   4:00 pm   at #23 Auburn      Jordan-Hare Stadium • Auburn, AL   PPV   W 25–22     85,782
October 18   6:00 pm   at Kentucky      Commonwealth Stadium • Lexington, KY   ESPNU   L 20–21     70,534
October 25   6:00 pm   Ole Miss      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   PPV   L 21–23     74,168
November 1   1:00 pm   #18 Tulsa*      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   PPV   W 30–23     70,021
November 8   12:00 pm   at South Carolina      Williams-Brice Stadium • Columbia, SC   PPV   L 34–21     80,290
November 22   1:30 pm   at Mississippi State      Davis Wade Stadium • Starkville, MS      L 28–31     42,056
November 28   1:30 pm   LSU      War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR (Battle for the Boot)   CBS   W 31–30     55,325

Look at the Texas and Florida games. Also we weren't world beaters week 1 and 2.

We are a crazy fan base.

Dirty

• WPS!!!
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2013, 06:16:22 pm »

moses_007

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2013, 06:16:29 pm »

We need Pete Carroll..........

the END.

• Senior
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2013, 06:16:51 pm »

I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. Which do we prefer? Winning for a few years then be down? Or a 10 win season every 4-5 years with mostly 6-6 or 7-5 betwixt?

jimhog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 06:19:16 pm »

It is wrong to be talking about the end of Bielema at this time. This type of thing enhances our rivals at arkansas' expense.

tophawg19

• She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2013, 06:20:07 pm »

ain't been called a young pup in many years . Kinda figured FB'S wife's illness played a part in his retiring . now i find out you got him fired . go figure

GlassofSwine

• Hogvillian
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2013, 06:24:58 pm »

You loose credibility when you throw out Ole Miss alongside Bama, etc. Yes, Ole Miss the powerhouse that was 7-6 last year and is about to suffer 4 losses in a row after A&M and LSU are done with them.

Capt. Hamm

• Senior
  • The oxen are slow, but the Earth is patient.
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2013, 06:25:21 pm »

Blah, blah, blah.... Bottom line, he stays if he starts winning. He goes if he keeps losing. He will get three or four years to prove self. This year means nothing.

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2013, 06:26:56 pm »

Morgan Freeman's voice:

I've been playing PS3 online longer than most of you under 5'2 and I played a major role in firing of a co-worker who was stealing all the sugar out of the break room.   I watch Coach Beilema on YouTube so much I feel I have a personal relationship with his dog skipper. So believe me when I say that recruiting to a specific coaches system does and will impact our future win/loss record in the seasons to come.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Partnered with USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties

Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.
KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas