Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, Well!

Started by Wayne Watson, October 11, 2013, 07:30:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

grayhawg

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 11, 2013, 09:06:17 pm
Has anybody doubted mountain lions were in the state?

Only the game warden who told me and my buddy "there are no mountain lions in Arkansas, but if you see one don't shoot it." ;D

95_alum

David†

tophawg19

one was hit by a car in the prescott area . big sucker too . not what you want to meet in the dark.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Rzbakfromwaybak

Yep, Game & Fish have had to admit there are Mountain Lions inside the state.  They are still clinging to the story that they are "transient" & are just passing thru.  Guess that is why this one is seen on the highway near Mt. View.  Probably in Texas or Louisiana by now.

The other story that the Game & Fish repeat......is that none of the lions are reproducing in the state.  Claim there just aren't enough here to reproduce.  I always thought it only took 2.  Just a couple of years ago they claim they don't exist, guess now they have to  claim there is never a female & male lion in the state at the same time.  If a male & female end up inside the state borders at the same time.....they just don't have sex.  Not sure how the Game & Fish taught the lions this, & how they keep it monitored.  Evidently we are overlooking the signs posted along the highway for these lions.  "NO SEX, KEEP MOVING".
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

95_alum

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 11, 2013, 10:53:54 pm
one was hit by a car in the prescott area . big sucker too . not what you want to meet in the dark.

And another near the Bobby Hopper tunnel.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: grayhawg on October 11, 2013, 09:13:31 pm
Only the game warden who told me and my buddy "there are no mountain lions in Arkansas, but if you see one don't shoot it." ;D

Yeah, that's about what I was told when I called the AGFC a couple of years ago.  They told me that they didn't really exist inside the state, & that shooting one would be considered "out of season".  I asked how could it be out of season if they didn't exist, & there wasn't a season on them to begin with?  They didn't like the question.  Finally told me if I shot one, I would get a ticket...then hung up.

FaytownHog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 11, 2013, 11:43:26 pm
How are they going to know?

(Not advocating breaking the law, just saying ... )
Exactly! If you shoot one, just show the AGFC the lion's Missouri drivers license and they'll know it's out of their jurisdiction because clearly they aren't in Arkansas.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 11, 2013, 11:43:26 pm
How are they going to know?

(Not advocating breaking the law, just saying ... )

Oh yeah, I agree.  The lady I talked to on the phone, had a game warden in the room while I was talking to her. She was conferring with him about this.  He told her, that anyone caught shooting one, would get a ticket.  As soon as she told me that.....she hung up.  She was afraid I was going to ask another question she didn't have an answer for.  I was going to tell her.....well, I guess its ok to shoot one that doesn't exist here anyway....as long as you don't get caught?  Never had the chance to say it. 

Ray Zorback_1*

I have always found it odd the amount of "you just don't know what you saw" , " it was just a cat" that thoughts of us that spend large amounts of time in the woods and have seen them have received.  News flash just because the AGFC says something don't make it true.

twistitup

I've been doubted my whole life about the existence of these cats...sometimes a black one will be seen too. Just like the occasional black coyote- same happens w/ cats
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

pigture perfect

If the AGFC acknowledges the existence of Mt. Lions in Arkansas, some of the lands that are available to us would have to be made off limits because they are a protected species. Or so I've been told.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Ray Zorback_1*

Why? Are there closed public lands in states with existing populations specifically due to cougars?

Short answer no.  In fact most allow guided hunting....

pigture perfect

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 12, 2013, 09:43:17 am
Why? Are there closed public lands in states with existing populations specifically due to cougars?
Maybe none at this time, but in areas where the population is at risk, it has been common to designate areas as breeding grounds and certain restrictions applied. It is not just with cougars, but even small insignificant fish like the snail darter for example.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

kodiakisland

Mnt lions are not endangered or threatened.  That has nothing to do with AR game&fish not wanting to regulate their numbers.  In fact, they must be overpopulated the way everyone in Arkansas sees one behind every tree.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 12, 2013, 09:34:39 am
If the AGFC acknowledges the existence of Mt. Lions in Arkansas, some of the lands that are available to us would have to be made off limits because they are a protected species. Or so I've been told.

Mountain Lions are not protected in Texas.  No season, no limit.  Legal to kill them anytime you are able. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on October 11, 2013, 11:09:52 pm
Yep, Game & Fish have had to admit there are Mountain Lions inside the state.  They are still clinging to the story that they are "transient" & are just passing thru.  Guess that is why this one is seen on the highway near Mt. View.  Probably in Texas or Louisiana by now.

The other story that the Game & Fish repeat......is that none of the lions are reproducing in the state.  Claim there just aren't enough here to reproduce.  I always thought it only took 2.  Just a couple of years ago they claim they don't exist, guess now they have to  claim there is never a female & male lion in the state at the same time.  If a male & female end up inside the state borders at the same time.....they just don't have sex.  Not sure how the Game & Fish taught the lions this, & how they keep it monitored.  Evidently we are overlooking the signs posted along the highway for these lions.  "NO SEX, KEEP MOVING".

They give them SEX PANTHER

Retired Radio Host

razorcash2

Probably Bigfoot's pet kitty cat.

ifghog

Plenty of big cats around AR. My family owns 400 acres in central AR. I have about 6 pics on my game cam of him. Big pretty sucker! Just want him to leave my deer alone and he can stay as long as he wants...got a feeling he doesn't care what I think though.

Hammibal Lecter

Quote from: Corbett (ifghog) Sutton on October 15, 2013, 01:21:36 pm
Plenty of big cats around AR. My family owns 400 acres in central AR. I have about 6 pics on my game cam of him. Big pretty sucker! Just want him to leave my deer alone and he can stay as long as he wants...got a feeling he doesn't care what I think though.
lets see the pics!!
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Corbett (ifghog) Sutton on October 15, 2013, 01:21:36 pm

Please post the pictures.  Everybody here wants to see more pic's of mountain lions that AGFC didn't want to admit were here..  Well..... everybody but the AGFC would like to see them....