Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Missouri fans think of Arkansas "rivalry"

Started by WizardofhOgZ, October 10, 2013, 05:23:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

From the president of the Mizzou Fan Club in St. Louis:  "I think Arkansas always thinks they're better than they really are," Dorn added. "They're like the little brother that wants to be better than the big brother. I think they have an inferiority complex in the SEC. They haven't done anything, especially on the football side of things."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/mizzou-vs-arkansas-border-war-ii-looming/article_8353654f-3239-579e-a0b2-19d1230a782a.html

Biggus Piggus

How does he measure what Arkansas thinks? This guy is filled with Internet wisdumb.
[CENSORED]!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Probably true but we have accomplished a lot more than they have.

The Boar War

Wow.  Mizzou actually has fan clubs?

I wonder what their fans think about little brother being forced to take kid sister on a play date at the end of the year.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PowderedPig

Quote from: The Boar War on October 10, 2013, 05:26:44 pm
Wow.  Mizzou actually has fan clubs?

I wonder what their fans think about little brother being forced to take kid sister on a play date at the end of the year.

That's pretty good.

CDBHawg

Yeah. Absolutely nothing other than win our division 3 times.

An old hog fanatic

Must be something wrong with me, but Why should i care what anybody connected to Mizzou thinks about Arkansas, the University, Hog fans or the general population of the State?
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

56Hog

Alabama fans think they are better than they are.  So do LSU, Florida, Georgia, Auburn MSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Kentukcy, and even Vanderbilt fans.

That's a prerequisite for membership in the SEC unless your program was taken on as a schedule filler to round out the divisions.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

superior_wang

the part about hog fans thinking we're better than we are..well thats dead on. No gripes with mizzou..they have hot cheerleaders on the whole... good basketball.... decent football.. (dont forget they beat us last time we took the field)....

id still rather play So Carolina and the ol ball coach.

onebadrubi

Unfortunately we can't really say much right now.  We are in a down slump but thank goodness we don't play them this year.  I've already am going to lose a $100 bet for season w-L and maybe even another $100 for SEC W-L because they have beat a bunch of nobodies.  Their schedule sets up for a decent 8 win year, they think that is something is the thing. Ask them, what have they done lately?  Sugar bowl?  Cotton bowl?  10 and 11 win seasons?  Seems they haven't...

Dirty

Dominicanhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 10, 2013, 05:54:07 pm
Unfortunately we can't really say much right now.  We are in a down slump but thank goodness we don't play them this year.  I've already am going to lose a $100 bet for season w-L and maybe even another $100 for SEC W-L because they have beat a bunch of nobodies.  Their schedule sets up for a decent 8 win year, they think that is something is the thing. Ask them, what have they done lately?  Sugar bowl?  Cotton bowl?  10 and 11 win seasons?  Seems they haven't...

They have the schedule for a good year.... I've never seen one more manageable with the possible exception of Georgia's last year.

rljjr

Wait, so this Mizzou Fan Club is Mizzou only, or was it just a part of the larger Cardinals/Chiefs/Rams Club?

popcornhog

Quote from: Dirty on October 10, 2013, 06:02:21 pm
The Show Me state hasn't showed me anything.

They down the edge in the all time football series against us.

I'd rather play them than SC. It's an easier trip and has at least just as much chance if developing into a rivalry as SC ever did.
WPS

rude1

I think this will be a good rivalry because both fan bases have an over inflated perception of their place in college football.

OTTER

I'm amazed that they have the ability to spell words, form sentences, and use a computer.  They might actually evolve into a lower form of human, provided they stop mating with their first cousins.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Hawgfan27

Quote from: rude1 on October 10, 2013, 06:52:38 pm
I think this will be a good rivalry because both fan bases have an over inflated perception of their place in college football.
truth

hoghearted

"They think they're better than they really are". That's rich, coming from them.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: superior_wang on October 10, 2013, 05:41:37 pm
the part about hog fans thinking we're better than we are..well thats dead on. No gripes with mizzou..they have hot cheerleaders on the whole... good basketball.... decent football.. (dont forget they beat us last time we took the field)....

you walk a tight rope...a tight rope that allows you to pretend to be a Razorback fan yet criticize and demean every program that is discussed on Hogville...what gives you a pass is that you are just sharp enough to use qualifiers in your description of Razorback athletics...others may see you as a Hog fan, I see you as a fence straddler who has fallen several times too many hitting your sack on the fence each time....surely the UA athletic program has done something well over the past few years....reading your posts gives one the idea that the UA is an abject failure yet, and here comes the omni-present qualifier, yet has potential to be better...my point ?  you post a bunch of nothing
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Athog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on October 10, 2013, 05:23:34 pm
From the president of the Mizzou Fan Club in St. Louis:  "I think Arkansas always thinks they're better than they really are," Dorn added. "They're like the little brother that wants to be better than the big brother. I think they have an inferiority complex in the SEC. They haven't done anything, especially on the football side of things."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/mizzou-vs-arkansas-border-war-ii-looming/article_8353654f-3239-579e-a0b2-19d1230a782a.html

What is a real shock is why is Mo in the SEC??

Swine Superior

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 10, 2013, 07:10:35 pm
you walk a tight rope...a tight rope that allows you to pretend to be a Razorback fan yet criticize and demean every program that is discussed on Hogville...what gives you a pass is that you are just sharp enough to use qualifiers in your description of Razorback athletics...others may see you as a Hog fan, I see you as a fence straddler who has fallen several times too many hitting your sack on the fence each time....surely the UA athletic program has done something well over the past few years....reading your posts gives one the idea that the UA is an abject failure yet, and here comes the omni-present qualifier, yet has potential to be better...my point ?  you post a bunch of nothing

Dead on.  :razorback:

AcornHunter

Quote from: OTTER on October 10, 2013, 06:52:52 pm
I'm amazed that they have the ability to spell words, form sentences, and use a computer.  They might actually evolve into a lower form of human, provided they stop mating with their first cousins.
Some of them can spell; Missouri has an outstanding School of Journalism.

The way this thread reads, a rivalry is already being kindled.  I like it.  Add more pitch pine, fan it.

p.s.
Pogo's line reads true to the condition our condition is in.

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

HoggusMaximus

LSUFan

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on October 10, 2013, 07:19:46 pm

Seriously, LSU is a bigger rival as both teams have ruined each others post season hopes, before.

superior_wang

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 10, 2013, 07:10:35 pm

..well if i brought up  the fact that ol bobby petrino took us to a bcs game a few years ago, which would be praising the hogs, i get yelled at for that too.... cant win on hogville..

if you dont think MOST of  hogville is crazy removed from reality, then i respectfully disagree with you. heck, we have many folks still bad mouthing rutgers, even though weve lost to them two years in a row. People here telling us johnny Fooball sucks.... how we are gonna beat auburn and OM to be bowl eligible... you really believe that crap? i sure dont.  WPS.

56Hog

Quote from: Athog on October 10, 2013, 07:12:47 pm
What is a real shock is why is Mo in the SEC??

Mizzou is in the SEC because of the number of TV sets in St Louis, not the average IQ scores of the fans watching those TV's.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

Ugly Uncle

Historically these teams are not even close.  On all time wins alone Arkansas ranks 26th and Mizzou is 51st.

Arkansas has been to 39 bowl games.

Missouri has been to 29

By the way, Notre Dame has only been to 32.

Arkansas is a top 20 program of all time.  Missouri is not.
Retired Radio Host

BR

Quote from: 56Hog on October 10, 2013, 07:22:30 pm
Mizzou is in the SEC because of the number of TV sets in St Louis, not the average IQ scores of the fans watching those TV's.
Plus Kansas City & Springfield
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

LSUFan

What really amazes me is that there are two NFL teams in that State.

The Galloping Ghost

One free chicken dinner at AQ for You!
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Hogwild

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 10, 2013, 07:24:37 pm
Historically these teams are not even close.  On all time wins alone Arkansas ranks 26th and Mizzou is 51st.

Arkansas has been to 39 bowl games.

Missouri has been to 29

By the way, Notre Dame has only been to 32.

Arkansas is a top 20 program of all time.  Missouri is not.

Notre Dame had a self imposed bowl ban for over 3 decades, they didn't start going to bowl games until the polls started naming the national champions after the bowl games instead of the regular season. I think Notre Dame's 1st bowl game was in 1970.

WashUhog6

When I think of Missouri in the SEC it makes me happy because even though I live in St. Louis now, I'm still in the SEC media footprint. That's about the extent of my thinking about Mizzou.

56Hog

Quote from: Hogwild on October 10, 2013, 07:42:04 pm

Notre Dame had a self imposed bowl ban for over 3 decades, they didn't start going to bowl games until the polls started naming the national champions after the bowl games instead of the regular season. I think Notre Dame's 1st bowl game was in 1970.

They agreed to end their bowl ban and face the winner of Arkansas-Texas in the Cotton Bowl on the 100th anniversary year of college football.

SquidBilly

I think we should play Missouri as the first game of every season.  I'd love nothing more than for us to kick their teeth in and ruin their season right out of the gate every single year.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

Ha, good point.

TheRazorbackGuy

Hawgfan27

rickm1976

Quote from: 56Hog on October 10, 2013, 07:46:26 pm
They agreed to end their bowl ban and face the winner of Arkansas-Texas in the Cotton Bowl on the 100th anniversary year of college football.

...and Texas beat them 21-17, and were voted National Champions.

We should have been playing MO for decades.  Right next door, easy to go to, I would bet we endup with both of us in the West eventually.  That makes sense.  They are about as mixed up as we are.  I looked up pitiful in the dictionary and both schools pictures were represented right there by the definition.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogwild on October 10, 2013, 07:42:04 pm

That's their own fault. ND is every bit as arrogant as Texas.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

SPAL

Quote from: superior_wang on October 10, 2013, 05:41:37 pm

Well, I never thought I would find myself agreeing with you, but...here it is.

SPAL

Agree. Call it the helium bowl

McKdaddy

Quote from: Dirty on October 10, 2013, 08:32:20 pm
Not really!

Yes, really. Admittedly most cfb fans have inflated perceptions of their programs. I believe we have been a better program than mizzou over the long-term, but do believe both fanbases think much more highly of their programs than do educated, non-biased outsiders. Again, this criticism could be said of most fanbases.

I'm looking forward to the rivalry, just didn't like losing LSU @ Thanksgiving to get it.

McKdaddy

DEVIL DOG HOG

Missouri needs a fan club because they don't have a message board.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!