Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NWA deer processing?

Started by hogintexas, October 04, 2013, 02:27:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogintexas

For those that don't do it yourself any recommendations! 

jacobp

Most of my buddies in NWA make the trek down to Van Buren and drop them off at JnL Processing.

Wayne Watson

I have used these guys and like their work.

Ozark Custom Butchering
15391 Woolsey Rd, West Fork, AR 72774
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

95_alum

Ozark Custom and Cockrum's down by Rudy.

Albert Einswine

What are y'all paying down there for a doe, and for a buck? The price structure up here in Indiana is different between the two.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 09, 2013, 06:56:10 pm
What are y'all paying down there for a doe, and for a buck? The price structure up here in Indiana is different between the two.

Not sure what it is now, price seems to go up a little each year...like everything else.  Didn't have anything processed last season. It's always been by the pound, no difference between buck or doe.....anywhere I have taken it in the past.  Who knows anymore, with nearly everything changing.  Next, guess they will be charging extra if the body has more than one bullet hole.  Last club I was in, members got together & ground most of it up into hamburger meat, then divided it up.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

95_alum

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 09, 2013, 06:56:10 pm

As I recall (LY), I think Cockrum's charged $50-$60 for their basic processing, $60 if you wanted all ground. $15 per bag of jerkey & $5-$7 for summer sausage (2.5-lb. stick).
Pretty sure Ozark charges more for their processing, $75?. Their summer sausage is great. Jody & Gayle are good people.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: 95_alum on October 10, 2013, 12:14:21 am
As I recall (LY), I think Cockrum's charged $50-$60 for their basic processing, $60 if you wanted all ground. $15 per bag of jerkey & $5-$7 for summer sausage (2.5-lb. stick).
Pretty sure Ozark charges more for their processing, $75?. Their summer sausage is great. Jody & Gayle are good people.

It's a little more up here, the guy I use charges $65 for a doe, but up to $80 for a buck if it's a behemoth.  But I don't mind paying it because he does a fantastic job and yields you every ounce of meat from your animal. He has a top notch operation.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

jacobp

JNL in Van Buren, this is their pricing for last year.

NL Deer Processing
Price List

Option One-Remove and wrap back straps whole and grind the rest into burger,
$45.00 dollars
Option Two – Remove silver skin and butterfly slice back straps, cut back legs into steaks and vacuum seal and grind the rest
$55.00 dollars

They have a few more options (summer sausage, burgers, brats, jerky, etc). Down in the River Valley they're taking a lot of the business that used to go straight to Cockrum's. This year they're starting to do cows, hogs, etc. as well.

95_alum

October 22, 2013, 09:00:48 pm #9 Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:51:42 am by 95_alum
Just found out that a new meat processor recently opened up in Winslow.
B & R
633 N Devils Den Rd.
(479) 634-2211

Mon - Sat: 8-5
Sun: 10-6

Haven't been there, yet. I'm told their prices are comparable to Cockrum's.

Anyone in Hogville been there?

EDIT:
Dropped off my 8pt. yesterday. $74 (steaks, ground & a stick of jalapeño/cheese summer sausage).

UPTADE: Dropped my deer off early on the 27th. They said it woul be ready to pick up in 5 days & that they would call me. No call on the 31st. No call on the 1st. I called them on the 2nd to see what was up. I was told they haven't even touched it. Today is the 4th & not a word from them.