Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bear hunting in NWA

Started by arkfanchip, October 03, 2013, 03:08:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkfanchip

Hey everyone,

New to this section of hogville, not sure if anyone here is up to spilling the beans. I moved to NWA a little over 2 years ago. I keep hearing people talk about bear hunting is pretty good. I am hoping to take a bear before my yankee brother in-law does. He spanks me every year with his Illinois bucks. If I can get  bear before he does I would have bragging rights there at least.

So my question.... Does anyone know of an area where a guy could slip in and take one? I am not sure how much pressure there is on them or even where to begin. I can't pay an arm and leg to get one. I though maybe someone here may know where there is some public area or has one rooming around they want to get rid of.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chip

tophawg19

muddy creek wma . has a good number . Might be worth it to take a look
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bolo

R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

deshahawg

I hunt in North Central Arkansas on private land but I've heard the public land in NWA is loaded with bears. You just can't bait them so that can make it tough.

rickm1976

White Rock.  I deer hunt that area, and have seen a few crossing the road, and have seen a lot of sign.  One of them made a bluffing charge at me a few years back when I startled him by walking up on him on an old logging road.  It was blackpowder season, and I only had one shot, but luckily I didn't have to find out just how good a shot I was while under pressure.  He was clacking his teeth with his head down, and made about three strides at me, stopped, and turned and ran away like a rocket.  It left me shaking for about 30 minutes.  Ever since then, I carry a handgun with me for backup during BP season (I have a CC permit, so it's legal).

bolo

Quote from: rickm1976 on October 08, 2013, 05:00:55 pm
White Rock.  I deer hunt that area, and have seen a few crossing the road, and have seen a lot of sign.  One of them made a bluffing charge at me a few years back when I startled him by walking up on him on an old logging road.  It was blackpowder season, and I only had one shot, but luckily I didn't have to find out just how good a shot I was while under pressure.  He was clacking his teeth with his head down, and made about three strides at me, stopped, and turned and ran away like a rocket.  It left me shaking for about 30 minutes.  Ever since then, I carry a handgun with me for backup during BP season (I have a CC permit, so it's legal).
damn son, be careful out there
R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

pigture perfect

Along the Mulberry river near Highway 23.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

David†

Have to wait to go on the national forest

ChromDome35

We own property east of Huntsville between Huntsville and Kingston.  I saw a medium size black bear this fall in a field about a mile from our place