Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013-14 College Football Coaching Carousel

Started by jbcarol, September 30, 2013, 10:10:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch  4h
Per source, Texas State head coach Dennis Franchione is targeting John Thompson for the DC job. Details, here. http://bit.ly/1jd7bx6

QuoteKentucky: According to the Austin American-Statesman, Texas State defensive coordinator Craig Naivar has accepted the special teams coordinator job at Kentucky.

Vanderbilt: According to Vanderbilt 247Sports reporter Chris Smith, Utah State defensive line coach Frank Maile has accepted the defensive line job at Vanderbilt.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Gregg Doyel ‏@GreggDoyelCBS  8h
That much-discussed contract extension Nebraska hasn't given Bo Pelini? He got it last week. Signed it Wednesday. Five years left.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jeff Lockridge ‏@jefflockridge ·15 hrs
New #Vandy DL coach & former Utah State assistant Frank Maile on field coaching spring practice. His hire is official. Announcement coming

Replaced Tata from Stanford who was let go for the DUI incident in the West End.

jbcarol

Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownHD 2h

Confirmed: Former #Longhorns QB Todd Dodge coming back to Austin as football coach at #Westlake HS.

jbcarol

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch May 12
#Auburn offensive grad assistant Kodi Burns is joining the Samford University staff...

jbcarol

Michael Carvell @RecruitingAJC  ·  May 28
UGA loses one of its top football recruiters http://wp.me/p3Xdrl-FI

QuoteDaryl Jones is leaving his position as UGA's Director of On-Campus Recruiting. No reason was given.

"After serving the past two years as Director of On-Campus Recruiting for the Georgia football program," Jones said in a statement on Wednesday. "I will be pursuing other opportunities going forward, (and)  I would like to thank Coach Richt for the opportunity of representing the Bulldawg Nation in that capacity.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Richt and all he stands for as a head coach, man, and leader of the football program.

"I enjoyed my role in the two top 10 recruiting classes we signed and want to wish everyone involved with the team nothing but success in the years to come."

It was Jones who came up with the idea of sending hand-drawn portraits to recruits autographed by Mark Richt...

jbcarol

AJC UGA @ajcuga  ·  7h
#UGA hires Ronnie Letson from #Alabama as director of player personnel.

jbcarol

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  1h
New at STLtoday: Bruce Walker, longtime Pinkel assistant, announces retirement http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/longtime-pinkel-assistant-retires-from-coaching/article_89600413-5a67-5f4b-830f-23105a01f976.html ...

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  2h
Missouri co-offensive line coach Bruce Walker is retiring, moving to Washington where his family resides

Bruce Walker: "In this business everybody has a time when they need to hang it up, and it's my time."

jbcarol

Doug Samuels @CoachSamz  ·  2h

Per source, Illinois offensive line coach AJ Ricker is joining the Missouri staff in the same capacity http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  54m

June Jones has resigned as coach at SMU. 1st reported by @BillNicholsDMN

Leigh Steinberg, June Jones' agent: "June had felt for some time he had accomplished mission to turn around program & needed a break"

DC/associate head coach Tom Mason will be SMU's interim coach. Mustangs off this week, host Texas A&M Sept. 20

jbcarol

Spencer Hall @edsbs  ·  18h

[Houston Nutt falls from drop ceiling onto SMU boardroom table] "Well hello there, boys."

jbcarol

FootballScoop Staff @footballscoop  ·  14h

Wrote a few mins ago> Early look at potential candidates for SMU http://www.footballscoop.com/news/200395-an-early-look-at-potential-candidates-at-smu ... well connected source just text me: Derek Dooley

jbcarol

Report: Houston Nutt 'would take... SMU job' if offered

You can officially consider Houston Nutt's hat tossed into the Hilltop ring.

QuoteSMU went the retread route with June Jones and that didn't exactly work out, so it's hard to see them going that way twice in a row.  They could, though, do a lot worse on the field than Nutt.  Off the field?  Yeah, there's that.

RJ Hawk @RJHawk
Nutt: "If offered of the SMU job, I would take it because I live down in this area. It's a good job."
8:16 AM - 10 Sep 2014

jbcarol

Pete Roussel @coachingsearch  ·  7h
Nicholls State head coach Charlie Stubbs has stepped down. Details on the Coaching Search Ticker: http://goo.gl/zRh6QX

QuoteNicholls State: Head coach Charlie Stubbs has resigned due to health concerns.

jbcarol