Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some nice gators being caught in Arkansas

Started by Wayne Watson, September 27, 2013, 08:24:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

DeltaBoy

Well they dumped a ton of them in the DELTA back in the early 1980's!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgon

The 13'9 1200 pound gator was caught in the same place as the 13'4 1300 pound gator was caught last year.  That is a bayou right below Millwood damn.  I guarantee you there are bigger gators out there.  I've seen one on Millwood that looks 15 if it is an inch.  On Little River above Millwood there is one that some people swear is at least 16.

I'm convinced that on average the biggest gators in the world are right there.  They have not been hunted and unlike most of the country around here, they have always been there.  They were never hunted out, so there are old gators there as well.  And since they continue to grow, the older they are, the bigger they are.

deshahawg

Maybe it's good for wildlife somehow but I would be fine if we didn't have gators in Arkansas at all!

Jeffcphog

A friend of mine down for a competition coon hunt from Michigan lost a good Bluetick in Millwood. Happened several years ago on a hunt out of Hope, Ar.

Wayne Watson

Here is my step son's from two years ago.  13' 1 1/2" from outside Magnolia.

We don't rent pigs

jdelo77

I've seen the one down on little river , a doe was crossing about 100 yards in front of us and that thing snatched it up ... Crazy to see in person !

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Wayne Watson on September 29, 2013, 05:41:23 pm
Here is my step son's from two years ago.  13' 1 1/2" from outside Magnolia.

That's a whole lotta swamp lizard!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DeltaBoy

I have not seen any in person in Monroe County in over 25 years but my family has.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

deshahawg

I bet that head was super nice. I'd love to have one but I would rather there were NO gators in Arkansas.

Hawgon

Quote from: deshahawg on October 02, 2013, 06:27:18 pm
I bet that head was super nice. I'd love to have one but I would rather there were NO gators in Arkansas.

You're too late by a million or two.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

LSUFan

I learned a trick a long time ago to cleaning them thangs.
Cut a tiny hole underneath his chin and stick an air hose in the hole, make sure it seals around the nozzle.
Then blow that sonofabitch up like an inner tube, and it separates all the skin from the body. Then you just carve the skin off.

The best meat is in the cheeks.

Thats a tree shaker for sure!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: LSUFan on October 02, 2013, 11:45:00 pm
Cut a tiny hole underneath his chin and stick an air hose in the hole, make sure it seals around the nozzle.
Then blow that sonofabitch up like an inner tube, and it separates all the skin from the body. Then you just carve the skin off.

The best meat is in the cheeks.

Thats a tree shaker for sure!

You taking me gator hunting when I get down there?
Retired Radio Host

LSUFan

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 02, 2013, 11:48:36 pm
You taking me gator hunting when I get down there?
Season's Over, shoulda spoke up earlier. We can go if you got bail money ;) Bad thing is the GW will take everything but the condom in your wallet.

Filled all my tags (25), they ranged from 9-11 foots.

Not many old ones left though

DeltaBoy

I love Gator Tail it is really good!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: LSUFan on October 02, 2013, 11:45:00 pm

Works on deer, too. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

LSUFan

Albert Einswine

Quote from: LSUFan on October 03, 2013, 06:04:22 pm
Sweet, I'll have to try it.

Deer, coyote, fox, you name it... they blow up like a party balloon.

Go in from the lower legs just above the hooves, feet, etc...

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

LSUFan

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 03, 2013, 07:02:42 pm

Oh crap, you could sell tickets to watch that shrimp! As long as the beer was flowing, of course.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 03, 2013, 07:02:42 pm

I do that from lower legs, and then go in at the neck too.  Then cut off all four feet, split em down the belly, put a golf ball under skin behind neck, wrap a rope around it and then pull the hide off with a crank winch. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

DeltaBoy

I seen the Golf ball trick done on deer using a 3 wheeler to pull with.

1highhog