Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yell A for Arkansas on 3rd down

Started by cmhogn, September 01, 2013, 10:01:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cmhogn

I have read comments where the woo isn't loud enough. Change it to A by yelling AAAAAAAAA throughout the play. It would be much louder than the soft woo.  It also falls in line with Coach and Jen throwing the A. Regardless its funny that grown men like myself are talking about cheers but just my 2 cents. Thoughts?

ADavisTheGOAT

I think every adult in the stadium should get drunk and yell.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Uncommon

Quote from: cmhogn on September 01, 2013, 10:01:16 pm
I have read comments where the woo isn't loud enough. Change it to A by yelling AAAAAAAAA throughout the play. It would be much louder than the soft woo.  It also falls in line with Coach and Jen throwing the A. Regardless its funny that grown men like myself are talking about cheers but just my 2 cents. Thoughts?
I agree.  Yelling AAAAA or OOOOO would provide the most noise for our defense and you can hold it longer than keeping a high pitched noise.  I never did the 3rd down Hog Call on Saturday cause it's just not as effective as yelling as loud as you can.

cmhogn

You could also incorporate the A hand signal while screaming A!!!!!! I know this sounds silly but scream Ooooo then Aaaaa. A is MUCH louder.

redeye

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 01, 2013, 10:04:04 pm

I thought that's what we've been doing?

redeye

Quote from: cmhogn on September 01, 2013, 10:08:25 pm
You could also incorporate the A hand signal while screaming A!!!!!! I know this sounds silly but scream Ooooo then Aaaaa. A is MUCH louder.

I like this! Just scream A and forget the O.

You could finish it off with "for Arkansas".

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 01, 2013, 10:04:04 pm

Darn right.  Move all the games to WMS.   ;)

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: cmhogn on September 01, 2013, 10:08:25 pm
You could also incorporate the A hand signal while screaming A!!!!!!

When you're drunk?  Wow!

SquidBilly

Everyone should squeal like a bunch of Hogs.  That would be loud and annoying!

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: ATLpiggie on September 01, 2013, 10:19:38 pm
LOL!
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

1highhog

The wooooooooo sounded great on TV by those doing it.  I heard some of the aaaaawhooooo in there, but it still made a good amount of noise, especially for the first time tried.  If everyone done the correct Hog Call, it would be plenty loud enough.

gwddog

how bout RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR    then snap    then   KAN SAW
back 2 back 2 back

Ray Piggers

Quote from: ATLpiggie on September 01, 2013, 10:19:38 pm

Or snort..

Imagine that sound for a second.. It'd be ridiculous. lol

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

SquidBilly

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on September 01, 2013, 10:33:39 pm
Or snort..

Imagine that sound for a second.. It'd be ridiculous. lol

It would be hard to get loud with a snort though.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ATLpiggie on September 01, 2013, 10:37:38 pm

You never heard my wife snore - tell me you haven't!    ;)

ATU HOG

The wooooooo will work fine whenever it's a bigger game.  I remember Alabama in 2010 and it was the loudest game I have ever been too

Hogvillage Idiot

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

BOAR_N2BWILD

I would like to suggest GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(ball is snapped) HOGS GO
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on September 01, 2013, 11:16:19 pm
I would like to suggest GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(ball is snapped) HOGS GO
Not bad!  Not a bad idea at all, and if it ends up being a good defensive play, follow it up with a quick Woo Pig Sooie.

1highhog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on September 01, 2013, 10:51:29 pm
You never heard my wife snore - tell me you haven't!    ;)

She is pretty loud, I just roll her over on her stomach. ;)

Birminghog

Do this at the Rutgers game, with the corresponding hand sign (holding the thumb against the first two fingers at approximately eye level & oscillating the hand slightly), & you'll find yourself in more fights than you can imagine.

hogansas

Someone posted a video of all third downs in another thread.  After watching it, I think the WPS sounded pretty good on the field.  Not everyone will stand and yell.  Just about all Hog fans will WPS.  I'm just afraid that people will get tired of doing it every third down, but heck, that is what we are famous for.  It should be used more than 4 times a game.  I did like the Arkansas Razorback chant around the 3:40 mark.  It seemed louder than anything else we did.

http://youtu.be/AmKSujLIENc
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

Ray Piggers

Quote from: ATLpiggie on September 01, 2013, 10:37:38 pm

Just snort, and then imagine 75k doing it..

btw I realize this will never happen, and I'm not even seriously advocating it, BUT.. it would be an interesting noise I'd like to hear once in my life.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Amityvillehogger

Nothing wrong with the Wooo. Lets have a game that isn't 100 degrees and miserable conditions in the stands before we judge it.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

B501

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

ChitownHawg

I have read comments where the woo isn't loud enough. Change it to A by yelling AAAAAAAAA throughout the play.

What are we Canadian?  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

cmhogn

Your wife or kids may think you are crazy but yell woo then yell AAA. A is much louder. It's a higher octave. True dat.

Melorock089

The hog call freaks out our opponents I think. It sounds eerie when the whole stadium is doing it.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

tahlahog

I still think we ought to chant Never yeild, Never yeild, Never yeild, until the ball is snapped, but to each their own, but if everyone is doing their own thing, it ought to be loud whatever it is.  WPS!

luke hawg

Quote from: tahlahog on September 02, 2013, 04:57:38 pm
I still think we ought to chant Never yeild, Never yeild, Never yeild, until the ball is snapped, but to each their own, but if everyone is doing their own thing, it ought to be loud whatever it is.  WPS!

This sounds awesome

Missooie

Quote from: gwddog on September 01, 2013, 10:30:30 pm
how bout RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR    then snap    then   KAN SAW

But we would sound like pirates. Not good.

kshog

Sounds Canadian eh.

I agree never yield.

Justagp

56Hog

I think the cheer should be individual depending the opponent.  Specifically, the number of that day's victory all time against the opponent.

In other words, shout "ELEVEN, ELEVEN" every time Gus's team goes to third down, or "FOURTEEN, FOURTEEN" on every USC 3rd down.

Just imagine the educational experience for little Johnny with 75,000 Hog fans shouting "FORTY-TWO! FORTY-TWO!" over and over in his ear.

Douglass Adams would certainly approve.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

EastexHawg

I always wondered how the irritating yelping wolf call started.  Now I know...

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 02, 2013, 09:39:35 pm
I always wondered how the irritating yelping wolf call started.  Now I know...
Yep. I heard that at Grubbs Saturday. I yelled across the bar, "There is NO 'OWOO' in the Hog Call! It's just 'Woo!'"

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: The Artist Yo Huckleberry on September 02, 2013, 10:27:28 pm
Yep. I heard that at Grubbs Saturday. I yelled across the bar, "There is NO 'OWOO' in the Hog Call! It's just 'Woo!'"
Should have learned how to read and say this simple word in grade school if not earlier.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

LSUFan

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 03, 2013, 12:40:02 am
Jesus Christ.
How about, bend over, drop your pants, show your A, while screaming A, and poking a gerbil in the A, while your wife is kissing your A, on a second down play where you think a pass play will occur, and the weak safety will get knocked on his A, as your buddy is in the bathroom taking a leak and scratching his A, while there is a 99 cent special on nachos in the concession stands in uoA stadium?

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Nipsey Mussle

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: LSUFan on September 03, 2013, 01:17:44 am
How about, bend over, drop your pants, show your A, while screaming A, and poking a gerbil in the A, while your wife is kissing your A, on a second down play where you think a pass play will occur, and the weak safety will get knocked on his A, as your buddy is in the bathroom taking a leak and scratching his A, while there is a 99 cent special on nachos in the concession stands in uoA stadium?

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I hope you aren't drunk again tonight.

LSUFan

Quote from: BBsTheMan on September 03, 2013, 01:20:38 am
I'm making fun of the OP, the author, who was obviously drunk, as is evidenced by him starting this thread.

Admit it, this is **** stupid.

LSUFan

Quote from: BBsTheMan on September 03, 2013, 01:20:38 am
I'll suggest a tradition at LSU, where we scream Ewe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a 4th down punt.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Melorock089 on September 02, 2013, 04:51:40 pm
The hog call freaks out our opponents I think. It sounds eerie when the whole stadium is doing it.
^This^ and I think in time more fans (maybe the whole stadium) will get involved more often. Let's face it, there are fans that don't know when to be loud. With the WPS on third down they are more likely to get involved.

I hope we keep it up and it catches on and becomes a regular tradition.

I can hear Chuck Barret now saying,  Obviously, you can tell by the Hog fans yelling WPS in the background, it's 3rd down.

H0GGYSTYLE

There was a 2nd down after a incomplete pass where the stadium was doing the Arkansas ... Razorbacks back and forth and it was loud as hell.  Then 3rd down came and they were doing the high pitch woooh making it easy for the opposing team to communicate.

hogfan446

Quote from: LSUFan on September 03, 2013, 01:23:37 am
I'm making fun of the OP, the author, who was obviously drunk, as is evidenced by him starting this thread.

Admit it, this is **** stupid.

I don't agree with LSU fans often, but when I do, it is because of stupid threads like this.

Hog Fan AP

discombobulationist

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pm
ISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.