Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we the only team in America not to see our full schedule yet?

Started by UNCLE BACK, August 28, 2013, 09:19:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLE BACK

Modsquad24

I know beyond ridiculous at this point, he said on the radio this week or next

The_Iceman

Hogimus Prime

-Blu

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 28, 2013, 09:19:35 am
Im getting tired of waiting...

I know right... and I agree we gotta be one of the last team's in America without a full schedule release yet lol.

secfan30

If we are the only one that has not released our schedule, it should be pretty easy with time and google to find out who we are playing.

870razorback

This is what my email showed after getting tickets

Missouri Southern (Ex.)                 
NOV 01, 2013 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Northeastern State (Ex.)               
NOV 05, 2013 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

SIU-Edwardsville                       
NOV 08, 2013 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Louisiana                               
NOV 15, 2013 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

SMU                                     
NOV 18, 2013 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Southeastern Louisiana                 
DEC 03, 2013 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Clemson                                 
DEC 07, 2013 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Savannah State                         
DEC 12, 2013 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Tennessee-Martin                       
DEC 19, 2013 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

High Point                             
DEC 28, 2013 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Texas-San Antonio                       
JAN 04, 2014 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Florida                                 
JAN 11, 2014 at 12:00pm                 
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Kentucky                               
JAN 14, 2014 at 08:00pm                 
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Auburn                                 
JAN 25, 2014 at 05:00pm                 
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Missouri                               
JAN 28, 2014 at 06:00pm                 
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Alabama                                 
FEB 05, 2014 at 07:00pm                 
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

LSU                                     
FEB 15, 2014 at 04:00pm                 
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

South Carolina                         
FEB 19, 2014 at 08:00pm                 
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Georgia                                 
MAR 01, 2014 at 03:00pm                 
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

Ole Miss                               
MAR 05, 2014 at TBA                     
BUD WALTON ARENA                       

-Blu

wow super cupcake OCC other than SMU and Maui.  Need to get a win in Maui and make sure we win against Clemson and SMU.  Even after that we still probably need to win at least 11 conference games.  If we do all that we should make the tourney.

Speedracer

If that's true about the schedule I'm about over razorback basketball
Like smites bother me.

HawgAdvocate

Yep, other than the N. Little Rock game (which isn't included in 870razorback's ticket package), that's this year's home schedule.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 29, 2013, 10:59:56 pm
Yep, other than the N. Little Rock game (which isn't included in 870razorback's ticket package), that's this year's home schedule.

Any road games at all that are missing from that list or is that it?

Swinesong1

Quote from: -Blu on August 29, 2013, 11:26:25 pm
Any road games at all that are missing from that list or is that it?
There are no road games on that list.  So hopefully there's a powerhouse team or two being played on the road.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Swinesong1

Quote from: -Blu on August 29, 2013, 08:43:57 pm
wow super cupcake OCC other than SMU and Maui.  Need to get a win in Maui and make sure we win against Clemson and SMU.  Even after that we still probably need to win at least 11 conference games.  If we do all that we should make the tourney.
We had better play well on the road 'cause our SOS ain't gonna get us in the Big Dance. Very disappointed.

-Blu

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 30, 2013, 12:17:59 am
We had better play well on the road 'cause our SOS ain't gonna get us in the Big Dance. Very disappointed.

I must admit, I'm disappointed as well with that schedule.  Looks like the staff chose to play it super safe in the out of conference. Looks like the goal is to rack up wins in the out of conference, try to win all of our home conference games, and then try to steal one or 2 on the road, and hope that's enough to get into the tournament.  The bright side is that our SEC conference schedule is pretty strong, we play the majority of the stronger teams twice, so we will have opportunities to get quality wins, even if they are at home.

I wish we at least had a decent road game right before we head into conference, to see if we've progressed any, in a true road situation before heading into conference.  I guess we'll see how it goes, never know, this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise and all these out of conference wins boost the confidence, and team really gels and it carries over on the road.

-Blu

I went and did a little research, and looks like CMA did about the same type of scheduling the year he went to the elite 8 with Mizzou.  So, this could be a good thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9309_Missouri_Tigers_men%27s_basketball_team

They didn't play any true road games until January 3rd.  Which is around the same time we will have a true road game this year.  They played in a decent tournament at a neutral site early in the season and everything else was home games against mediocre teams, with a couple tournament teams sprinkled in.

The key is to take care of business at home during conference play, and win a couple road games.  If that happens, we'll make the tourney.

The_Iceman

The OCC isn't that bad.

We play SMU and Clemson. Plus, we play California in Maui, then either Syracuse or Minnesota. You'll then have the opportunity to play either Baylor, Dayton, Gonzaga, or Chaminade. When you compare that OCC to a team like Ole Miss from last season, it's a pretty decent OCC.

jry04

SMU will be a borderline top 25 team this year. Clemson won't be great, but will at least be a top 200 RPI team, and from a power conference.

In Maui we will have a good chance of playing 2 or 3 top 50 RPI opponents who will be NCAAT teams.

High Point is expected to be a pretty good mid-major this season. They went 17-14(12-4) last season with 2 freshmen as their best players. They return 4/5 starters. I see John Rothstein tweet about them occasionally. Maybe they have a season like a Bucknell or Murray State type team.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 30, 2013, 07:55:42 am
The OCC isn't that bad.

We play SMU and Clemson. Plus, we play California in Maui, then either Syracuse or Minnesota. You'll then have the opportunity to play either Baylor, Dayton, Gonzaga, or Chaminade. When you compare that OCC to a team like Ole Miss from last season, it's a pretty decent OCC.

What is an OCC?

The_Iceman

Swinesong1

The OCC isn't that bad.

Everyone knows that I am solidly behind Coach Anderson but to be on the lips and minds of the selection committee we must play, compete with or beat nationally ranked teams.  SMU will not be atop 25 team and neither will CA, Clemson or MN.   We cannot place our tourney hopes on how a mid major team may perform in their conference! Our only hope will be a strong SEC and us having no more than six or seven losses in conference play.

jry04

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 30, 2013, 09:18:06 am
Everyone knows that I am solidly behind Coach Anderson but to be on the lips and minds of the selection committee we must play, compete with or beat nationally ranked teams.  SMU will not be atop 25 team and neither will CA, Clemson or MN.   We cannot place our tourney hopes on how a mid major team may perform in their conference! Our only hope will be a strong SEC and us having no more than six or seven losses in conference play.
You don't know what SMU will be.

Every conference game they lost last year was extremely close. They finished 5-11 in conference, and 8 of those loses were by single digits. Their largest loss last season was by 13 vs ECU (who was 23-12). Their starting 5 consisted of 2 juniors, and 3 sophomores. Their best players were sophomores. They return all 5 of their starters, plus add a 4 star Juco transfer, and a 5 star, top 20 player. They are expected to be a NCAAT team. Rothstein said last week on twitter that they will be a top 25 team this year, and with the #1 overall player committing to them for 2014, they should be a top 20 team when we have to go to SMU next season. Larry Brown has them in very good shape.

Cal has potential to be solid. They return Cobbs, even though he is currently injured. They have made the post season 7 straight years. They have made the NCAAT 2 straight seasons, and 5 of the last 6 seasons. They signed a top 20 class, including a 5 star and a 4 star. They return 4/5 starters from last year's NCAAT team.

I don't expect Minnesota to be good, but if we beat Cal then we will likely be playing a top 10 Syracuse team anyways. Minnesota does return 4 of their top 6 players. Mbakwe was probably their best overall player, and he is gone. However, they do still have the Hollins brothers who were their top 2 scorers and assist men. They will have a chance to be a top 50 opponent, and should be a top 100 one for sure. The only team you mentioned that wouldn't be a quality win is Clemson, but they are a better opponent then most the schools we play.

Swinesong1

Quote from: jry04 on August 30, 2013, 10:33:44 am
You don't know what SMU will be.

Every conference game they lost last year was extremely close. They finished 5-11 in conference, and 8 of those loses were by single digits. Their largest loss last season was by 13 vs ECU (who was 23-12). Their starting 5 consisted of 2 juniors, and 3 sophomores. Their best players were sophomores. They return all 5 of their starters, plus add a 4 star Juco transfer, and a 5 star, top 20 player. They are expected to be a NCAAT team. Rothstein said last week on twitter that they will be a top 25 team this year, and with the #1 overall player committing to them for 2014, they should be a top 20 team when we have to go to SMU next season. Larry Brown has them in very good shape.

Cal has potential to be solid. They return Cobbs, even though he is currently injured. They have made the post season 7 straight years. They have made the NCAAT 2 straight seasons, and 5 of the last 6 seasons. They signed a top 20 class, including a 5 star and a 4 star. They return 4/5 starters from last year's NCAAT team.

I don't expect Minnesota to be good, but if we beat Cal then we will likely be playing a top 10 Syracuse team anyways. Minnesota does return 4 of their top 6 players. Mbakwe was probably their best overall player, and he is gone. However, they do still have the Hollins brothers who were their top 2 scorers and assist men. They will have a chance to be a top 50 opponent, and should be a top 100 one for sure. The only team you mentioned that wouldn't be a quality win is Clemson, but they are a better opponent then most the schools we play.
I have no clue as to what anyone's record will be but I do know they return very little experienced size.  Also, nothing about SMUs 'close" losses or their victories last season impressed me one bit.  Look for yourself and tell me what game(s) impressed you:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2567/year/2013/southern-methodist-mustangs

jry04

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 30, 2013, 11:26:23 am
I have no clue as to what anyone's record will be but I do know they have no size whatsoever returning.  If you think the Hogs were small last year, we were giants compared to what SMU will put on the floor this season.  Also, nothing about SMUs 'close" losses last season impressed me one bit.  Look for yourself and tell me what game(s) impressed you:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2567/year/2013/southern-methodist-mustangs
I have seen their schedule. I am pointing out they were a few plays away from having a good record last season. They return their entire team, plus add 2 top 100 players, including a 5 star top 20 player. They will be a top 3 team in their conference barring injury, and likely make the NCAAT. They were young, and had a new coach last season. They are in year 2 of a coach who has won a NCAA and NBA title.

As for their size, do you even do research regarding it? They have a 6'11" 230 lb Center who is a 4 star juco transfer, 6'10" 225lb Center.

They have a 6'9" 260lb F. Their 5 star coming in is 6'5" 190lb SG. They have 1 player under 6'3" on their entire roster.

Their starting lineup from last year was this:
G 6'6" 210lb
G 6'4" 200lb
G 6'4" 185lb
F 6'7" 230lb
C 6'10" 225lb

Like I said, all 5 of those will be returning. Plus they have the 6'9", 260lb guy on the bench who is a transfer from Villanova. They have plenty of size, especially around the perimeter. We have 5 guys shorter than 6'3", and our tallest player is still shorter than 3 of their guys.

When Brown came in, he made a lot of roster changes. Their roster currently has transfers from Illinois, Villanova, Kansas State, and Texas. The Nova and Illinois players are eligible to play this year, while the KState and Texas players were 2 of their best players last season. So really, to go with the 5 and 4 star in this class, you can add 2 former 4* players from Nova and Illinois, only with much more experience than freshmen. They will be way better than you are thinking. Their entire lineup will consist of former 4 and 5 stars. I am not trying to be rude, but it does blow my mind people make comments about teams without at least researching them. SMU is going to be bigger than us at almost every position.

Swinesong1

Quote from: jry04 on August 30, 2013, 11:45:43 am
I have seen their schedule. I am pointing out they were a few plays away from having a good record last season. They return their entire team, plus add 2 top 100 players, including a 5 star top 20 player. They will be a top 3 team in their conference barring injury, and likely make the NCAAT. They were young, and had a new coach last season. They are in year 2 of a coach who has won a NCAA and NBA title.

As for their size, do you even do research regarding it? They have a 6'11" 230 lb Center who is a 4 star juco transfer, 6'10" 225lb Center.

They have a 6'9" 260lb F. Their 5 star coming in is 6'5" 190lb SG. They have 1 player under 6'3" on their entire roster.

Their starting lineup from last year was this:
G 6'6" 210lb
G 6'4" 200lb
G 6'4" 185lb
F 6'7" 230lb
C 6'10" 225lb

Like I said, all 5 of those will be returning. Plus they have the 6'9", 260lb guy on the bench who is a transfer from Villanova. They have plenty of size, especially around the perimeter. We have 5 guys shorter than 6'3", and our tallest player is still shorter than 3 of their guys.

When Brown came in, he made a lot of roster changes. Their roster currently has transfers from Illinois, Villanova, Kansas State, and Texas. The Nova and Illinois players are eligible to play this year, while the KState and Texas players were 2 of their best players last season. So really, to go with the 5 and 4 star in this class, you can add 2 former 4* players from Nova and Illinois, only with much more experience than freshmen. They will be way better than you are thinking. Their entire lineup will consist of former 4 and 5 stars.
I did modify the size thingy.  They have only one guy over 6'7" returning who played last season (Cunningham).  Kennedy and Blaise are coming in this year, but I don't think they will outplay our inside guys.  As for the transfers, they didn't exactly light it up at their former schools.  Look, I hope every team on our schedule wins their conference and lose to us.  I doubt any of them will win their conference and nothing about their rosters gives me optimism that our OOC schedule will help us come tourney selection time.

jry04

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 30, 2013, 11:51:30 am
I did modify the size thingy.  They have only one guy over 6'7" returning who played last season (Cunningham).  Kennedy and Blaise are coming in this year, but I don't think they will outplay our inside guys.  As for the transfers, they didn't exactly light it up at their former schools.  Look, I hope every team on our schedule wins their conference and lose to us.  I doubt any of them will win their conference and nothing about their rosters gives me optimism that our OOC schedule will help us come tourney selection time.
They didn't tear it up at their old schools because they left after 1 season. I was just pointing out they are getting players from big time programs who were former 4 and 5 star recruits. People who follow college basketball a lot more than me and you are raving about how good SMU will be this year, and how great they will be next year.

Swinesong1

Quote from: jry04 on August 30, 2013, 12:01:44 pm
They didn't tear it up at their old schools because they left after 1 season. I was just pointing out they are getting players from big time programs who were former 4 and 5 star recruits. People who follow college basketball a lot more than me and you are raving about how good SMU will be this year, and how great they will be next year.
They very well may be good.  I just don't see it.  They struggled in a sorry league against sorry teams last year.  They lost to UALR.  Returning players from a bad team does not necessarily translate to becoming a good team the following season.  Time will tell. 

-Blu

Playing SMU will definitely not hurt anything, I would think the discussion of Clemson being a quality team would be up for more discussion rather than SMU being a quality team.  Most experts believe SMU will be a tournament team this year.  We just need to make sure we take care of business against them and everybody else.  With the way our schedule is setup we can't really afford a loss at home to a lesser or equal team.  Only teams that probably won't hurt too much losing at home to will be Florida and Kentucky.

HawgAdvocate

Arguing over the merits of SMU is pointless. They should be a top 100 RPI team. Clemson, on the hand, should certainly not be. 

We should all be focusing on beating California. The outcome of that game, and who else we play in Maui after that, could very likely determine our postseason fate come March.

jry04

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 30, 2013, 12:04:59 pm
They very well may be good.  I just don't see it.  They struggled in a sorry league against sorry teams last year.  They lost to UALR.  Returning players from a bad team does not necessarily translate to becoming a good team the following season.  Time will tell. 
They were also in a transition year with a new coach and transfers sitting out. In basketball, it isn't uncommon to see a group play a year or two together and struggle, but when they are together for a few years become a very good team. Especially when that team is full of 4 and 5 star players, and have 4 and 5 star players coming in as new additions. They may completely miss the tournament. We obviously have no way of knowing how it will pan out. However, to dismiss SMU as a team with no chance to make the tournament or be a top 25 team is kind of silly considering they will have top 25 talent on their roster.

jry04

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 30, 2013, 01:46:37 pm
Arguing over the merits of SMU is pointless. They should be a top 100 RPI team. Clemson, on the hand, should certainly not be. 

We should all be focusing on beating California. The outcome of that game, and who else we play in Maui after that, could very likely determine our postseason fate come March.
It is pointless, but at the same time I don't see how someone can dismiss them as a potential NCAAT team and act like they are a cupcake.

I hope we avoid chaminade in Maui. Winning game 1 would be great since it would likely assure 2 top 50 opponents will be our next two games.

Swinesong1

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 30, 2013, 01:46:37 pm

Personally, I see nothing wrong with a healthy debate that doesn't turn personal or mean.  jryo4 and I have opposing views on how SMUs season will play out.  I respect his/her stance and can see merit in why he/she feels that way.  The good thing about it is the games will actually be played and it will all come out in the wash.  The great thing about it is if I'm wrong, it will help our RPI IF we defeat them.

jbcarol

Auburn Basketball ‏@AUBasketball 6h
And here is the link to the entire schedule, with dates, times and networks http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/083013aaa.html ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

sooiepig_12

The OCC isn't that bad.

However, if Ole Miss would not have won the SEC Tourney last season they would not have been in the dance despite going like 16-3 OOC.  So your point is kind of moot.

poloprince

Quote from: Speedracer on August 29, 2013, 10:52:07 pm
If that's true about the schedule I'm about over razorback basketball

So you are upset over approxiametly 25% of the schedule? The games in Maui will be against some good opponents.  LSU, Tenn, Bama, Fl, Kentucky x2 will be big time conference games this season.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Speedracer

Quote from: poloprince on September 02, 2013, 07:48:47 pm
So you are upset over approxiametly 25% of the schedule? The games in Maui will be against some good opponents.  LSU, Tenn, Bama, Fl, Kentucky x2 will be big time conference games this season.

Yep. *yawn*
Like smites bother me.

UNCLE BACK

The_Iceman

Professor Psychosis

They are Tweeting it out on a game by game basis right now.

Nov 8  Southern Illinois Edwardsville (first I've heard of them)
Nov 15 ULL
Nov 18 SMU
Then we have Maui starting Nov 25
Dec 3  SE Louisiana
Dec 7  Clemson
Dec 12 Savannah State
Dec 19 Tenn-Martin
Dec 21 South Alabama @ Little Rock
Dec 28 High Point
Jan 4  Texas San Antonio

HogCaller13

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on September 09, 2013, 11:42:08 am

Nov 15 ULL
Nov 18 SMU
Dec 3  SE Louisiana
Dec 7  Clemson
Dec 12 Savannah State
Dec 19 Tenn-Martin

(I'll edit this post when the last couple are released)
I've heard of SIU before.
Respect Your Opponent, But Fear None!!! #1-0 WPS

Swinesong1

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on September 09, 2013, 11:42:08 am

Nov 15 ULL
Nov 18 SMU
Dec 3  SE Louisiana
Dec 7  Clemson
Dec 12 Savannah State
Dec 19 Tenn-Martin

(I'll edit this post when the last couple are released)
Pretty much been revealed in this thread except for S. Al in NLR.

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: HogCaller13 on September 09, 2013, 11:45:10 am
I've heard of SIU before.

If you mean the SIU Salukis, then I've heard of them, but this is a different school.

HogCaller13

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on September 09, 2013, 11:46:42 am
If you mean the SIU Salukis, then I've heard of them, but this is a different school.
My bad. I have never heard of SIEU

Professor Psychosis

Done, and yeah, pretty much what was already posted earlier in this thread.

HogCaller13