Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A little different game cam thread

Started by HoggyCat, August 28, 2013, 09:16:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

I've been getting some odd and some unexplainable images this year. I'll share them as I get them to proper size. Here's the first.

Has anyone else snapped any?

[attachment deleted by admin]
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hammibal Lecter

That's cool. I've always been told those were large winged insects flying through and triggering the camera.
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

IUHog

I saw a show on thing that look like that...UFO weirdos call them rods.  Google mysterious rods, or UFO rods.

PEtrader

Quote from: IUHog on August 29, 2013, 09:16:46 pm
I saw a show on thing that look like that...UFO weirdos call them rods.  Google mysterious rods, or UFO rods.

"Rods" (sometimes known as "skyfish" or "solar entities") is a term used in cryptozoology, ufology, and outdoor photography to refer to elongated artifacts in the form of light-rods produced by cameras. Videos of rod-shaped objects moving quickly through the air were claimed by some ufologists and cryptozoologists to be alien life forms, "extradimensional" creatures, or very small UFOs. Subsequent experiments showed that these rods appear in film because of an optical illusion/collusion (especially in interlaced video recording),[1] and are typically traces of a flying insect's wingbeats.[2]

Sounds like you have a big bug in the picture.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

eddie yarnell

I have had game  cameras out for years, never seen this before but the last couple of nights I have gotten a few pictures, don't know what to make of them.

JHESTER

I have those on my cams all the time.  They are flying insects that are blurred from flying across too fast for the camera. 

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

kodiakisland

http://www.assap.ac.uk/newsite/articles/Flying%20rods.html
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/