Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog hunting

Started by CallThemHawgs!, August 10, 2013, 07:52:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CallThemHawgs!

Looking to do some hog hunting this fall as the weather cools off a bit. Can anyone recommend some place, or does anyone on here have some property they would be willing to let me hunt on for a bit of cash?

I have never been before and really want to give it a shot.

hawgwild child

just a couple i killed last year. id love to take u but restrictions on family land are a lot strict these days

[attachment deleted by admin]

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: hawgwild child on August 11, 2013, 04:53:17 pm
just a couple i killed last year. id love to take u but restrictions on family land are a lot strict these days

Thats a monster man... I totally understand, im just looking for a place to go while the weather is nice and cool like this.

hawgwild child

what part of the state do u live in? i know here in yell co there is local farmers that u cam get in contact with and they will let u hunt them on there land for free, cuz they get into there crops and such

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: hawgwild child on August 11, 2013, 08:32:28 pm
what part of the state do u live in? i know here in yell co there is local farmers that u cam get in contact with and they will let u hunt them on there land for free, cuz they get into there crops and such

I live up here in Fayetteville, but taking a trip or two across the state is no big deal. I am down south visiting friends and what not pretty often anyways.

devildoghawg

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on August 12, 2013, 04:14:59 pm
I live up here in Fayetteville, but taking a trip or two across the state is no big deal. I am down south visiting friends and what not pretty often anyways.

Go to Mt Magazine, they are all over the place there and the game wardens encourage you to hunt them. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Ugly Uncle

I really want to go Hog hunting with dogs and kill them with a knife.  Anybody know of anyone that is set up to do something like that?
Retired Radio Host

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 13, 2013, 08:48:10 pm
I really want to go Hog hunting with dogs and kill them with a knife.  Anybody know of anyone that is set up to do something like that?

Well, Hawgwild Child is holding a big knife by that hog in the first picture.....surely he didn't kill it with just the knife??

Is ammo really getting that scarce??
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

pigture perfect

Hunting Hogs with knives is pretty cool. Just make sure you have a great Catch Dog.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

devildoghawg

You say that until one trees you.
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: devildoghawg on August 14, 2013, 04:34:07 pm
You say that until one trees you.

I was treed as a Boy but not too worried with my Browning A-5 12 GA stuffed with #1 Buckshot. The sow left and I climbed down. She was just protecting her piglets and I was sitting still waiting for Bambi's pop.

hawgwild child

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on August 14, 2013, 12:14:02 am
Well, Hawgwild Child is holding a big knife by that hog in the first picture.....surely he didn't kill it with just the knife??

Is ammo really getting that scarce??
we actually killed the big black one with a knife, my buddy holding the knife killed it. we film our hunts, you have to have some really good dogs for that.  but when i get back fromthe school here in MO Im gonna get one with a knife next

hawgwild child

Quote from: devildoghawg on August 13, 2013, 08:11:41 pm
Go to Mt Magazine, they are all over the place there and the game wardens encourage you to hunt them. 
i heard about then on mt magazine, those things can adapt to any place u put them

devildoghawg

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on August 14, 2013, 04:42:52 pm
I was treed as a Boy but not too worried with my Browning A-5 12 GA stuffed with #1 Buckshot. The sow left and I climbed down. She was just protecting her piglets and I was sitting still waiting for Bambi's pop.

Exactly, you had a shotgun.  Not a knife.  I've been treed as a kid, it was terrifying.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: devildoghawg on August 13, 2013, 08:11:41 pm

Can you PM me with any info you have on this? I am going to do a bit of my own research too, but im curious as to what I would need to do. Thanks buddy

devildoghawg

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on August 15, 2013, 03:09:36 am
Can you PM me with any info you have on this? I am going to do a bit of my own research too, but im curious as to what I would need to do. Thanks buddy

There really isn't much info on it, just wait until there is an active hunting season, which is year round, and shoot hogs if you see them.  Just need to make sure that the caliber that you are hunting with is legal for the game you are after.  I.E if its an open squirrel season, you can carry a caliber that is legal to hunt with to kill the hogs with if you see them.  The loophole is you can carry a sidearm (cannot have FMJ ammo) of any caliber while hunting during a regular season for protection.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: devildoghawg on August 15, 2013, 12:35:53 pm
There really isn't much info on it, just wait until there is an active hunting season, which is year round, and shoot hogs if you see them.  Just need to make sure that the caliber that you are hunting with is legal for the game you are after.  I.E if its an open squirrel season, you can carry a caliber that is legal to hunt with to kill the hogs with if you see them.  The loophole is you can carry a sidearm (cannot have FMJ ammo) of any caliber while hunting during a regular season for protection.

Ok good deal, I will research it a bit more and take a trip out there. Thanks

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on August 15, 2013, 08:27:22 pm
Ok good deal, I will research it a bit more and take a trip out there. Thanks

Let me know when you go.  Maybe we can stomp around the woods together.
Retired Radio Host

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 15, 2013, 08:31:06 pm
Let me know when you go.  Maybe we can stomp around the woods together.

Sure thing Rambo, I will let you know what I find

hawgwild child

Show off the pics if y'all have any luck. 

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: pigture perfect on August 14, 2013, 07:51:29 am

Hunting Hogs with knives is pretty cool. Just make sure you have a great Catch Dog ...knife with a 15 ft. blade & a magnum revolver in the other hand...

LSUFan

No you don't, it's pretty disgusting.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

LSUFan

Quote from: pigture perfect on August 14, 2013, 07:51:29 am
Hunting Hogs with knives is pretty cool. Just make sure you have a great Catch Dog.
Why do you need a catch dog?
It's disgusting to hear an animal scream as it dies and gurggle through it's own blood and blow blood out of it's nose, FMPE

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: LSUFan on August 16, 2013, 03:24:17 am
Why do you need a catch dog?
It's disgusting to hear an animal scream as it dies and gurggle through it's own blood and blow blood out of it's nose, FMPE

Im debating between taking my 45/70 and my 10mm or just my Desert Eagle .50. This video has ben leaning towards the 45/70... haha.

LSUFan

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on August 16, 2013, 09:06:33 pm

Im debating between taking my 45/70 and my 10mm or just my Desert Eagle .50. This video has ben leaning towards the 45/70... haha.
Last hog we killed was about 300lbs, one precisely place 22LR behind the ear did the trick.
All in the shot placement. Which is why this one squealed like a pig.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on August 16, 2013, 09:06:33 pm

Okay...yeah.  Never mind on the whole killing one with a knife.
Retired Radio Host

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 16, 2013, 09:17:07 pm

Hahahaha... yeah, the whole knife thing had my head spinning. Those things are MEAN

devildoghawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 16, 2013, 09:17:07 pm

When you said it, all I was thinking is that I am going to miss out on some of my favorite razorback news reporting because you were killed via angry pig.

PEtrader

Ched I am down to go,  lets make a trip.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PEtrader on August 17, 2013, 11:42:33 pm
Ched I am down to go,  lets make a trip.

Lets do it.  My brother has killed one with a knife...I'll settle for a high powered handgun though.  Lets plan it on Tuesday night.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

These guys catch and release!  Kill those suckers!!

Retired Radio Host

CallThemHawgs!

Im bringin the buffalo gun, yall crazies can Frank with the knives.

LSUFan

Get a good trap, they'll stack up in there, and it'll be like shooting pigs in a trap

The meat of the Russian Boar is 10 times better than what you buy in the store.

And remember, if you want boudin, you gotta save the liver.

Ugly Uncle

There is a guy that we tailgate with that has a hog tusk on a leather necklace that he has.  He killed the hog with a gun.  I want one of those.  I would just like to say I killed it with a knife.  I'm willing to kill it with a gun and just tell people I killed it with a knife though.

No, seriously.  On my bucket list to kill a hog with my bare hands and a knife. 
Retired Radio Host

LSUFan

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 18, 2013, 06:04:48 pm
There is a guy that we tailgate with that has a hog tusk on a leather necklace that he has.  He killed the hog with a gun.  I want one of those.  I would just like to say I killed it with a knife.  I'm willing to kill it with a gun and just tell people I killed it with a knife though.

I've killed one with a knife, pulled it out the trap, hog tied it, cut it's throat, took about 3-5 min to quit gurggling, gruesome. NOT the way to go.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: LSUFan on August 18, 2013, 08:41:46 pm
I've killed one with a knife, pulled it out the trap, hog tied it, cut it's throat, took about 3-5 min to quit gurggling, gruesome. NOT the way to go.

Did you get the tusk off of it?

I really have no feelings left about things dying.  I'm dead inside.  I just want the trophy.
Retired Radio Host

LSUFan

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 18, 2013, 09:05:21 pm

I really have no feelings left about things dying.  I'm dead inside.  I just want the trophy.
Well then buy one online and save yourself the trouble.

Huntin and Fishin stories are mostly made up anyways.

Didn't keep the tusk.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: LSUFan on August 18, 2013, 09:12:03 pm
Well then buy one online and save yourself the trouble.

Huntin and Fishin stories are mostly made up anyways.

Didn't keep the tusk.

You can buy a bride online.  That doesn't give you the satisfaction of victory and conquest.  Hogs are destroying crops and feeding grounds for deer and other native game.  I want to take one out...once...with a knife.  After that, I will shoot everyone I see and give the meat to shelters and to feed the hungry.
Retired Radio Host

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 18, 2013, 06:04:48 pm

Better make sure you do all the other stuff on that  "bucket list"  before you try the knife & bare hands trick with the hog......I would leave that for last.....just in case

OTTER

Killin' a hog with a knife=bear huntin' with a switch!  I'll pass on both.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 18, 2013, 09:16:39 pm
You can buy a bride online.  That doesn't give you the satisfaction of victory and conquest.  Hogs are destroying crops and feeding grounds for deer and other native game.  I want to take one out...once...with a knife.  After that, I will shoot everyone I see and give the meat to shelters and to feed the hungry.
Compromise, Ched.  Use a spear.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 18, 2013, 09:05:21 pm

Hahahaha yessssss