Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Give your honest prediction for this year.

Started by Pyrotechnician, July 26, 2013, 12:55:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckleberry Pig

Rutgers game will be big.  If we can take them and win all 4 of our non-conference games then it sets us up in a much better position to win 6.  All we have to do is take 2/3 against Auburn (at home), Miss St (at home), and Ole Miss (away).  Think that is definitely possible.  I think odds are better that we win 2 of those 3 but I could see us losing 2 of those 3 as well.  I would actually be very pleased with 6-6 given how tough our schedule is this year and given the circumstances.  I would be slightly disappointed in 5-7 but would be far from being upset.  I'd be thrilled with anything over 6 wins.

Gotta give the coaching staff some time and know this could be another rough year for us given everything we lost form last season. 

WPS

The Divine Swine

we may only end up with seven or eight wins, but we will beat Bama this year. just sit back and watch.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Ty Webb240

Quote from: Hogcrates on July 26, 2013, 04:13:17 pm
we may only end up with seven or eight wins, but we will beat Bama this year. just sit back and watch.

0.00000000000000000001% chance. 

There's a better chance of Petrino and JLS getting hired as assistants. 

HawgFan70

Quote from: ComeonHogs!!! on July 26, 2013, 02:38:27 pm
Texas A&M lost there front 7 on def. two first rd draft picks on off of line. there top WR.

They also lost there OC.

They have to replace a lot. we catch them early in the year at home after they play Bama..

I believe we will be 4-0 feeling very good about beating A&M. Hey its what makes us fans...

I don't see catching someone early being any advantage to us. We don't have a single skilled position that we can say we will even be good at. We may break offensive records but our skilled guys are a giant question mark. I think we will be good on the line both sides of the ball but everywhere else is a crap shoot with LB and DB's are similar to our skilled guys on offense. I think 6-6 is the ceiling for this team 4-8 the cellar
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: HawgFan70 on July 26, 2013, 02:29:12 pm
I'm just curious not trying to flame, Do some of you honestly think we will beat aTm? What makes you even kinda think this?

QuoteWe were ahead of a&m last year at their place into the 2nd quarter until Knile started acting like the football was a magnet and he was a piece of metal of opposite polarity.

And T. Wilson throwing INTs all over the field like he was coming off a concussion or something.

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

HawgFan70

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on July 26, 2013, 05:02:36 pm

You basing your belief that we will beat aTm off that quote you posted? We were ahead of them last year a game we lost by 48 points
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

arkansaspanic

5-7, 3-1 non-conference w/ loss to Rutgers.  Conference wins against Aub and MS St.  Think there will be several close losses. 

Assuming every team we play goes to our game without any real injuries and we do likewise, then who do we out man of our 12 regular season opponets.  My thinking is 3 or 4 teams, all OOC teams.  I do not see a conference game where just stand up and out talent the other team. 

So who do we outcoach??????  We THINK we can out coach most of the 12 staffs we face but in truth, we don't have a clue we can outcoach any of them.  Do we face an obvious Dud like Hooter and company, maybe, but I don't know where its at.

Who we play, where we play them and who we and they played the week before has a tremendous bearing on how we fair game to game in any season.  I keep looking for 2 or 3 conference wins that are locks and I don't see even one.  We should have the worst offense in the West based on experience, talent and change of scheme learning curve. 

Our defense should be much improved but thats because its been reallly bad.  We aren't going from pretty good to right down salty.  We'd be going from awful to average.

I see nothing about special teams to think we won't be the worst in several years. 

There is nothing we outsiders know for sure about attitude of players, coaching staff blending, elgibility problems, chemistry, etc.. 

This team could play its rear off all season and the coaching staff could coach its rear off all season and we could still win only 4 or 5 games.

Just to not be all negative, we could have several players be outstanding, the coaching staff could blend excellent while opponnets staffs could fail big time, we could have hardly any injuries of concern, the refs could bless us at just the right time and we might catch several teams having the worst game of their season against us.

With perfect alginment we would win all 4 OOC games and wow, 3 conference games and this team would be the talk of the decade at least.

So, I am expecting 5 wins and praying for 6 cause I just don't expect enough free lunch to carry farther than that.

hogcard1964

Aug. 31   Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns - W
Sept. 7   Samford Bulldogs - W
Sept. 14 Southern Miss Golden Eagles - W
Sept. 21 @ Rutgers Scarlet Knights - W
Sept. 28 Texas A&M Aggies - L
Oct. 5    @ Florida Gators - L
Oct. 12  South Carolina Gamecocks -L
Oct. 19  @t Alabama Crimson Tide -L
Oct. 26    ---    Open Date    ---
Nov. 2   Auburn Tigers - W
Nov. 9   @ Ole Miss Rebel - W
Nov. 16    ---    Open Date    ---
Nov. 23 Mississippi State Bulldogs - W
Nov. 29 @ LSU Tigers - L

Gator Bowl...?

cbhawg03

Oct. 5    @ Florida Gators - W
Oct. 12  South Carolina Gamecocks -W
Nov. 29 @ LSU Tigers - L

Bowl Game - W

10-3 with bowl game, but can also at the same time see 5-7. I think we could possibly upset Florida with our running game (if we have one) especially if Florida's offense does not make tremendous progress. Think we could possibly upset USCe also, just don't see them being as good and we have owned that serious lately if my memory serves me correctly except for last year.

Also don't see Ole Miss being able to run the same play 4 times in a row with success again this year like last year.

threeNout

Too hard to know how successful BB will be in instilling what he wants, and how quick he'll do it.

Physical line play, run the ball, limit mistakes.  that seems to be his identity he wants to stamp on the team, doing those things well usually keeps you close in games.

Then in close games, QB play means a lot, and defense.

I see 10-2 as our highest ceiling, 4-8 as our worst basement.

Ty Webb240

Quote from: 12247 on July 26, 2013, 06:43:33 pm
Assuming every team we play goes to our game without any real injuries and we do likewise, then who do we out man of our 12 regular season opponets.  My thinking is 3 or 4 teams, all OOC teams.  I do not see a conference game where just stand up and out talent the other team. 

So who do we outcoach??????  We THINK we can out coach most of the 12 staffs we face but in truth, we don't have a clue we can outcoach any of them.  Do we face an obvious Dud like Hooter and company, maybe, but I don't know where its at.
With perfect alginment we would win all 4 OOC games and wow, 3 conference games and this team would be the talk of the decade at least.

So, I am expecting 5 wins and praying for 6 cause I just don't expect enough free lunch to carry farther than that.

I agree with a lot of this.  But, Rutgers has similar talent compared to us.   There is not a big gap either direction.   So, 7-5 at best based on talent.   Which means we would have to win 4 games where the talent will be very similar and the game are almost toss ups.   If you divide those in half, that gets you to 5-7.   

However, I see us finding a way to win at Rutgers early (key to the season).   And, I think we'll beat MSU and Auburn.  So, that's 6-6. 

Based on talent:

WAY behind
Alabama
Florida
LSU
A&M

Behind
South Carolina

Similar
Ole Miss
Auburn
MSU
Rutgers

Advantage Arkansas
Louisiana
Samford
Southern Miss

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: HawgFan70 on July 26, 2013, 05:19:53 pm
You basing your belief that we will beat aTm off that quote you posted? We were ahead of them last year a game we lost by 48 points

yes

With six minutes left in the first half we had driven inside a&m's 30 yd line with an opportunity to tie with a field goal or take the lead, Tyler throws a gift-wrapped INT, maybe the WR took the wrong route (?) (coaching).

Then it just seemed to fall apart.  Secondary couldn't cover anybody, big play after big play, Swope took one 80 yds.  We had a fumble picked up and ran back for a TD, etc. etc. team quit.

Just as we learned how important coaching is to the outcome of our season, this year I don't think it will be any different.  I think we will cover better this year.  I don't think we will be forced to start true freshman at CB, LB, or OL this year, really anywhere except maybe RB, which is ok.

1st Downs in that game:  25 to 32
Total Yards:  515 to 716

Does that look like the stats from a game where a team got beat 58 to 10?

Try investigating past the final score and see if that helps you to learn anything about football.

Takes special coaching talent to get 515 yards of offense and convert it into 10 pts.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Ty Webb240

Here are some current betting lines.

Rutgers - pick

A&M -17

Florida -17

USCe -13

Alabama -29

Favored over Auburn by 3.5

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on July 26, 2013, 07:35:23 pm
yes

With six minutes left in the first half we had driven inside a&m's 30 yd line with an opportunity to tie with a field goal or take the lead, Tyler throws a gift-wrapped INT, maybe the WR took the wrong route (?) (coaching).

Then it just seemed to fall apart.  Secondary couldn't cover anybody, big play after big play, Swope took one 80 yds.  We had a fumble picked up and ran back for a TD, etc. etc. team quit.

Just as we learned how important coaching is to the outcome of our season, this year I don't think it will be any different.  I think we will cover better this year.  I don't think we will be forced to start true freshman at CB, LB, or OL this year, really anywhere except maybe RB, which is ok.

Try investigating past the final score and see if that helps you to learn anything about football.

Takes special coaching talent to get 515 yards of offense and convert it into 10 pts.

On top of that, we play them at home this year, they lost much more talent to the NFL and graduation than we did.

They had ZERO turnovers against us last year.  Maybe they make a mistake this year.  There's just a lot to point to from that game that could change things this year.

Then again, they might beat us by 25, who knows.

HawgFan70

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on July 26, 2013, 07:35:23 pm
yes

I know what happened. Thanks for the recap anyway. We have a QB who has not looked good in any of his limited opportunities, RB's who have very limited to zero experience, LB's who are not SEC caliber and a secondary that the jury is very much out on. We will be facing a Heisman winning QB with a lot of talent around him. What happened last year will have no meaning whatsoever this year.

LRRandy

Quote from: 12247 on July 26, 2013, 06:43:33 pm

Who we play, where we play them and who we and they played the week before has a tremendous bearing on how we fair game to game in any season.  I keep looking for 2 or 3 conference wins that are locks and I don't see even one.  We should have the worst offense in the West based on experience, talent and change of scheme learning curve. 

Our defense should be much improved but thats because its been reallly bad.  We aren't going from pretty good to right down salty.  We'd be going from awful to average.

I see nothing about special teams to think we won't be the worst in several years. 

There is nothing we outsiders know for sure about attitude of players, coaching staff blending, elgibility problems, chemistry, etc.. 

This team could play its rear off all season and the coaching staff could coach its rear off all season and we could still win only 4 or 5 games.

Just to not be all negative, we could have several players be outstanding, the coaching staff could blend excellent while opponnets staffs could fail big time, we could have hardly any injuries of concern, the refs could bless us at just the right time and we might catch several teams having the worst game of their season against us.

ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. +1

If they can go on the road and beat Rutgers then 6 wins and a bowl. That could happen.

10 wins?!?  What are you on dude. ( besides kool-aide)
This is fun, isn't it.

#1Hogfan

I think it a lot of it depends on whether or not CJC is going to be given free reigns to the offense. You have to like what he did at Tenner and he looks to be a great hire. But the other day I heard a qoute from CBB about running the ball 29 times in a row. I understand he was stressing the importance of being physical. I also understand he was making a statement like if its 3rd and 1 and you know we are going to run off right tackle and everyone in the stadium knows we are going to run off right tackle then you are still not going to stop us.

I like that mentality. I just hope he lets Chaney run the offense. I want to see some play action pass if we are running the ball that well. And to be honest we should have all the ingredients for a really good passing game.

I see CBB as a CEO type. When it comes to coaching I do not think he is in the same league as CBMFP. It would seem that Long see's CBB the same way and thats why we invested big bucks in a staff that can coach. Although I do not see one staff member thats anywhere close to being as good as CBMFP.

With all of that in mind. I believe if CBB lets Chaney do his job and we don't try to run the ball 29 times in a row as I hope he joked about during that one interview then I can see us winning 9 and maybe even 10 games this year. I think we are going to have one of the best defenses we have fielded in a while and there will be a power running game to go along with our passing game.

Ah hell lets call it 10. With an upset of the Gators. GHG

reddogjcss

PorkSoda

" I also understand he was making a statement like if its 3rd and 1 and you know we are going to run off right tackle and everyone in the stadium knows we are going to run off right tackle then you are still not going to stop us."

That is when petrino would throw a play action TD. 

the thing is, if the defense knows you are going to do it, they will stack the line and stop you.  you keep the defense on their heels by keeping them guessing, not being predictable.  I would hope our coaches realize this and don't get stuck in the bravado phase. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

#1Hogfan

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 26, 2013, 08:49:54 pm
" I also understand he was making a statement like if its 3rd and 1 and you know we are going to run off right tackle and everyone in the stadium knows we are going to run off right tackle then you are still not going to stop us."

That is when petrino would throw a play action TD. 

the thing is, if the defense knows you are going to do it, they will stack the line and stop you.  you keep the defense on their heels by keeping them guessing, not being predictable.  I would hope our coaches realize this and don't get stuck in the bravado phase.

Otherwise known as the HDN ignorant phase. I really hope CBB leaves the offense to Chaney and turns his attention to the defense. We need a defense like a guy who can't get it up needs a distraction.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on July 26, 2013, 12:55:49 pm
Arkansas Razorbacks 2013:

Oct. 26    ---    Open Date    ---
Nov. 9   @ Ole Miss Rebel - L
Nov. 16    ---    Open Date    ---
Nov. 29 @ LSU Tigers - L
Dec. 7  SEC Championship Game - NO

Bowl Game - Liberty or Independence - W

Final Record 7-6 =  Very successful 1st year under Bielema :)

Sept. 28 Texas A&M Aggies - W
Nov. 29 @ LSU Tigers - L

Bowl Game - Cotton Bowl - W

11-2!

DLUXHOG

Nov. 29 @ LSU Tigers - L

Bowl Game - Liberty or Independence - W

Final Record 7-6 =  Very successful 1st year under Bielema :)

Got news, good news for you... if we're 4-0 by the time we play the Ags... we'll roll them and if we're 5-0 by the time we get to the Gators....we'll roll them as well.... ("how" you ask?  because winning builds momentum.... truth...)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

j-mann

8-4 Beating TAM And LSU   
A-State will be 6-6  Losing to  Auburn   Missouri  Memphis Louisiana-L  Louisiana-M and West KY
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: HawgFan70 on July 26, 2013, 08:21:56 pm

I know what happened. Thanks for the recap anyway. We have a QB who has not looked good in any of his limited opportunities, RB's who have very limited to zero experience, LB's who are not SEC caliber and a secondary that the jury is very much out on. We will be facing a Heisman winning QB with a lot of talent around him. What happened last year will have no meaning whatsoever this year.

Glad I was able to get you to see things my way.

Ty Webb240

Quote from: Hoggish1 on July 26, 2013, 09:34:01 pm
Nov. 29 @ LSU Tigers - L

Bowl Game - Cotton Bowl - W

11-2!

hahahahaahaha

Drinking early tonight. 

Quickdraw

Sept. 28 Texas A&M Aggies - w
Oct. 12  South Carolina Gamecocks -w
Nov. 29 @ LSU Tigers - w

Bowl Game: W

Final Record: 10-2

If CBB can build these guys confidence to believe it's them against the world 10-2 is very possible. It is very difficult to beat a team who truly believes they can't be beat. I'm excited to see how this year plays out!

The Divine Swine

Quote from: #1Hogfan on July 26, 2013, 09:30:29 pm
Otherwise known as the HDN ignorant phase. I really hope CBB leaves the offense to Chaney and turns his attention to the defense. We need a defense like a guy who can't get it up needs a distraction.

so you are saying we don't need a defense?  ???
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

wupigsuey

No idea why the ole miss loss. We will win that.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

deedster84

Quote from: Ty Webb240 on July 26, 2013, 04:16:09 pm
0.00000000000000000001% chance. 

There's a better chance of Petrino and JLS getting hired as assistants. 

So you are saying we DO have a chance.

Madface Magician

8 up and 4 down......1st SEC game for Bielema?  at home??  vs. A&M???.......we win it straight up, book it in Vegas......nice beginning to a good new ERA in hog football.....:)

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

4-6 wins.  Something like that.  Hope it turns out better.
Let's make some waves.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: bandit22 on July 26, 2013, 02:29:14 pm
My upset for the year is @Florida. Calling it now but still a 7-5 season. IMO a bowl game this year would be a success.
\
I agree. I think that Florida is a winnable game. They always seem to struggle offensively.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Pyrotechnician

Anyone predicting over 7 wins in the regular season is definitely drunk on the kool aid! ;D  But, I hope they are right and the rest of us are wrong cause that would actually be some good tasting crow! :razorback: ;D
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: wupigsuey on July 27, 2013, 07:03:40 pm
No idea why the ole miss loss. We will win that.

And why do you think we will win that game?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Dugann

7-5 reg season I think that a few won't see us a coming, and then 8-5 win our bowl game.  Likely to be something like Indy pencie in Shrevport or something like that.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

#1Hogfan

Quote from: Hogcrates on July 27, 2013, 06:34:45 pm
so you are saying we don't need a defense?  ???

No I'm saying there are some posters here who need a distraction  ;)

Arkfan

Somewhere between 7 and 9 wins.

I think Bama is the only pretty much guaranteed loss.

They've got at least a chance against the others.

HawgHotti

I think less than 8 wins would be a disappointment.  We have a good staff and good players in place.  Tough schedule, but 8 wins is easily doable.

Dan42AR

I think it will be 7-5 regular season unless we beat aTm and I think that one game could give our team enough confidence for a 2 game swing to make it 9-3.

blu

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on July 26, 2013, 04:10:29 pm
Rutgers game will be big.  If we can take them and win all 4 of our non-conference games then it sets us up in a much better position to win 6.  All we have to do is take 2/3 against Auburn (at home), Miss St (at home), and Ole Miss (away).  Think that is definitely possible.  I think odds are better that we win 2 of those 3 but I could see us losing 2 of those 3 as well.  I would actually be very pleased with 6-6 given how tough our schedule is this year and given the circumstances.  I would be slightly disappointed in 5-7 but would be far from being upset.  I'd be thrilled with anything over 6 wins.

Gotta give the coaching staff some time and know this could be another rough year for us given everything we lost form last season. 

WPS

Huckleberry sums it up pretty close IMO. Lot's of IFs, but IF things go right, we should be within a touchdown on the spread with all but the big 3 away SEC games. We have a legitimate chance of going 8-4 without too much stretching.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Hoggtown

11-2 (L's to bama and LSU) BCS bowl win!!!!! Wooooo pig soooorry

casken

From 4-8 to 7-5.  The best case scenario may depend on whether the QB spot gels or not.  I believe the lines will be better on both sides and the running game will be improved.  Overall Defense will be better.  In the spring game the qb play was not at all remarkable and we are thinner at that position now.  If it doesn't improve significantly we may be looking at the worst case scenario. Fingers crossed.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

oldhawg

6-6, 2-6 in SEC, 7-6 after bowl victory.

Then back on the recruiting trail.

hoghearted

I'm with Biggus.

I figure 8-4, with our losses being to Bama, Florida,  LSU, and Gamecocks.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Talon

Oct. 12  South Carolina Gamecocks - W
Oct. 19  @t Alabama Crimson Tide - L
Nov. 29 @ LSU Tigers - L

8-4

Root Down

Sept. 28 Texas A&M Aggies - W -with 5 games under belt a quality road win the team is clicking, Johnny football=back to reality, 1st big home game.
Oct. 12  South Carolina Gamecocks -W, cuz we own them
Nov. 9   @ Ole Miss Rebel - W, alot of hype for a .500 team, MissSt. still had a better yr.
Nov. 29 @ LSU Tigers - L

9-3, no idea how bowls will play out. :razorback: