Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Give your honest prediction for this year.

Started by Pyrotechnician, July 26, 2013, 12:55:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Quote from: LZH on August 15, 2014, 12:17:54 am
Ha!  Yepper, I damn sure was.  I just stepped out for a couple of hours and it did occur to me when I got back on a few minutes ago that "boy this thread has been awful popular tonite...four pages in less than one night". 

To be honest, I predicted at least 6 wins last year, too.  So I guess I can't moonwalk my way out of anything this time.
I feel like I have been on a permanent acid trip ever since the motorcycle wreck...I couldn't tell u what I predicted for last season.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LZH

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 15, 2014, 12:24:20 am
I feel like I have been on a permanent acid trip ever since the motorcycle wreck...I couldn't tell u what I predicted for last season.

I heard that....can't blame ya there.  I remember thinking this time last year that "this guy is a defensive whiz, so we'll be light years better on that side of the ball immediately".  Yeah, sure.

I'm willing to flashback one year and try as much as possible to forget last season.  So, here I am again.  Six or seven wins due to a much better defense.

Btw, if we hit the skids again this fall, I'll scrounge up enough purple microdots to literally erase 2012, 2013, and 2014 from our consciousness.  We may have to re-learn how to do a few things, like speak English, but dammit we'll be happy!

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on August 01, 2013, 05:00:29 pm
Wow, just wow.  I thought this forum here thinking it's going to have some actual knowledgeable fans but it's just more of the same ol' rose-colored glasses wearin' Hog Hope-a-Dopes.  Come on y'all, let's be HONEST about our predictions.  Why would anybody in their right mind expect us to make a bowl game this year?  Even these predictions of 6-6 or 7-5 have us winning our whole non-conference schedule, when we are playing a much better lower tier Louisiana team than the one that not only BEAT US but RAN OVER US WHILE WE STOOD AROUND AND CRIED AND FUSSED ABOUT IT last year.  And I know a lot of y'all are dismissive of the ULL close loss to Florida last year, but look up who they beat 40-24 the week before that, on the road no less.  And y'all bowl predictors also have us beating Rutgers, a team with a turrible passing QB that only threw for around I don't know HALF A KILO yards against us last year.  There's a difference between hope and honesty.  I hope we go 14-0.  And I honestly think we'll be back to being a super solid football team in a couple of years.  But this year -- honestly -- I see two automatic wins on the schedule -- Samford and Southern Miss.  And keep in mind, when I say auto wins, I mean in the way the Citadel was an auto win back in '92. 

We could make a bowl game this year no doubt, but honestly, we probably won't.  Y'all need to stop living on hope and get in touch with reality, b/c y'all are all just setting yourself up for a miserable Fall.  It's called the psychoneurological delusion bias of deficient anticipatory functioning, and quite frankly, it's a sign of a weak mind.  Google it and see how many of the symptoms you've got.

If this were horseshoes, you would have won.

Not a single person in this thread predicted 3 wins last year.

Then again, if you did, you're probably not a Hog fan. Nothing wrong with it, just realize your opinion is most likely biased.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: The Divine Swine on July 26, 2013, 04:13:17 pm
we may only end up with seven or eight wins, but we will beat Bama this year. just sit back and watch.

Confidence doesn't necessarily correlate with correctness.

bphi11ips

Honestly don't know.  Anywhere from 4-8 to 8-4, but my gut is that we will be better than expected.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 15, 2014, 08:18:37 am
Honestly don't know.  Anywhere from 4-8 to 8-4, but my gut is that we will be better than expected.

We were 3-9. "This year" was 2013.

IntegrityHog

I think we surprise some people this year.  We're gonna punch some teams in the gut!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 15, 2014, 09:53:23 am
I think we surprise some people this year.  We're gonna punch some teams in the gut!

Love your spirit bub... I'm with ya!  +1
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)