Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ouachita

Started by RazorBassin, July 11, 2013, 09:19:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorBassin

Heading down to Ouachita next week for 5 days!  How is the Large Mouth fishing, where they biting and on what?  I'm thinking main points and hump with a shakey head, a jig or a c-rig.  Anything else biting well?  Stripers? Crappie?  Bream?  I will be launching out of the state park on the east end and want to take my 7 year old son out to catch as much as possible.  So any info is much appreciated.

philobeddoe

I don't normally bass fish Ouachita between July and September, but I know there's some people that do well then.  If I had to go in the morning, I would target main lake points.  I bet there's still a fish or two breaking early.  Oh, and I would definitely avoid the calm water.  Wind is almost always your friend on Ouachita.  My bait of preference would probably be a 3/4 - 1 oz. spinnerbait (slow-rolled). JMHO.

RazorBassin

Quote from: philobeddoe on July 13, 2013, 11:01:51 am
I don't normally bass fish Ouachita between July and September, but I know there's some people that do well then.  If I had to go in the morning, I would target main lake points.  I bet there's still a fish or two breaking early.  Oh, and I would definitely avoid the calm water.  Wind is almost always your friend on Ouachita.  My bait of preference would probably be a 3/4 - 1 oz. spinnerbait (slow-rolled). JMHO.

Thanks for the reply.  Wind was the key for sure, but had a tough time on points.  Found a submerged island that they were stacked on and had a few good days.  Mostly caught them on a C-rig and a shakey head.