Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guess the gun hoarding is over now........

Started by Boarcephus, July 07, 2013, 05:01:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Stopped by Walmart this afternoon and they had a Bushmaster AR15 on the rack for $897.  The guy said it's been there for a month.  Glad I wasn't one of those who got caught up in the frenzy and paid $1500 for one of those things.  For those in the market for one, this was at the Supercenter on Joyce by the NWA Mall.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hogcoots

Our lgs has a good number of AR's and handguns.  Ammo beginning to free up somewhat but still very much limited.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Yeah, agree that some of the guns are coming back into stock now, that part is getting a little better.  The AR craze seems to be winding down for now. It's some of the ammo & reloading components that are still pretty hard to get.  Most of the popular powders disappear within 24 hrs after they are put on the shelf.  Same will many of the popular bullets.  Just like the .22LR ammo. Most of the time...if you are not there within a hour or two (or less) when it's first put out, you're out of luck.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

pigture perfect

I happened upon a 22lr, that looks like the AR really cheaply the other day. I didn't get it because ammo is so hard to come by and I already have several 22's that I never use just sitting around.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

biggest one

Still can't buy inexpensive  22 ammo.  Why is that?

Boarcephus

Quote from: biggest one on July 08, 2013, 07:30:24 am
Still can't buy inexpensive  22 ammo.  Why is that?

True but the shelves are slowly beginning to restock.  The only reason I can think of is it is cheap compared to 380's, 9mm, etc.  I needed some 380 brass ammo in TX over the weekend and found it at only one place and I ponied up $54 for 100 rounds.  I just wonder how many thousands of rounds a man needs before he thinks he has enough? 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

deshahawg

I haven't seen an DPMS or a Bushmaster at the Wal-Mart in Batesville.

pioneerhog

Quote from: deshahawg on July 12, 2013, 08:58:06 pm
I haven't seen an DPMS or a Bushmaster at the Wal-Mart in Batesville.
I think they had one of those last night. I know they had multiple AR's but I can't remember which brands.

OTTER

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 13, 2013, 11:36:37 am
I think they had one of those last night. I know they had multiple AR's but I can't remember which brands.
There were three in Russellville WM on Wednesday.  9mm still hard to get but they told me they were told they could expect to be 40% on ammo by October.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

95_alum

Pudgepork

A hunting shop in Jonesboro said you could pretty much get any kind of gun now but ammo is still in very short supply and unbelievable demand

deshahawg

I bought a DPMS yesterday at Wal-Mart. I couldn't believe they had one!

H&D

I can say one thing about Wal-Mart, they never jacked their prices on their AR's, they just couldn't keep them in stock.  One of their employees told me they were on a set shipping rotation, so the just simply couldn't order more.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

devildoghawg

Quote from: H&D on July 26, 2013, 09:15:09 am
I can say one thing about Wal-Mart, they never jacked their prices on their AR's, they just couldn't keep them in stock.  One of their employees told me they were on a set shipping rotation, so the just simply couldn't order more.

This is true.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

OldCoot

I paid 35$ for a box of 50 .38 full metals the other day.   :puke:   I'm paying around $28 for Israeli made 9MM and the guy will sell them by the case.  If your around benton/bryant and need some ammo, hit me up, I'll tell you where to go.

BTW- my S&W department of correction .38 is deadly accurate.  I can keep a group center mass at at least halfway down the indoor range.  My 9MM couldn't hit a tree 10 feet in front of me.  Maybe it's me maybe it's not. I don't know.

Boarcephus

Stopped by Academy Sports Sunday around 1130 and they still had 22 ammo on the shelves.  Granted it was the 50 pack but I was surprised to see even that.  Spoke to the guy behind the counter and he said they still had the lines early and all the bulk stuff is snatched up but they had a bunch of the other stuff still for sale.

OTTER

Quote from: Dude on July 30, 2013, 08:31:30 am
I paid 35$ for a box of 50 .38 full metals the other day.   :puke:   I'm paying around $28 for Israeli made 9MM and the guy will sell them by the case.  If your around benton/bryant and need some ammo, hit me up, I'll tell you where to go.

BTW- my S&W department of correction .38 is deadly accurate.  I can keep a group center mass at at least halfway down the indoor range.  My 9MM couldn't hit a tree 10 feet in front of me.  Maybe it's me maybe it's not. I don't know.
That 38 is a good gun and they shoot very well.  As far as 9mm, when I worked armed sec. the issued pistol was a 9mm Sig 226DAK, which I liked.  Now I own a Ruger P95, and after getting used to it, I like it. For a fairly inexpensive 9mm, it's a good shooter.  At this point, I'm looking for a good 9mm or 45 CC pistol.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

OldCoot

Quote from: OTTER on July 30, 2013, 03:10:35 pm
That 38 is a good gun and they shoot very well.  As far as 9mm, when I worked armed sec. the issued pistol was a 9mm Sig 226DAK, which I liked.  Now I own a Ruger P95, and after getting used to it, I like it. For a fairly inexpensive 9mm, it's a good shooter.  At this point, I'm looking for a good 9mm or 45 CC pistol.

At 129$ I couldn't turn the 9mm down.  A lot of people blast the hi point C9 but everything i've seen on the web says they are a pretty durable pistol.  Those people who blast them are typically the guys who've only shot on the range and think more money always equals better.  I always make mental note of those "types". ;)

DeltaBoy

My Wal-mart is fully stocked on Guns and most ammo except those 22 Rounds.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

dutmac

Quote from: Dude on July 31, 2013, 01:02:05 pm
At 129$ I couldn't turn the 9mm down.  A lot of people blast the hi point C9 but everything i've seen on the web says they are a pretty durable pistol.  Those people who blast them are typically the guys who've only shot on the range and think more money always equals better.  I always make mental note of those "types". ;)
Not to be captain obvious, but you just slammed the pistol 3 comments ago. If your a fair shot with a pistol with one and you can't hit the broad side of the the barn with the other. I'd say you get what you pay for.

kodiakisland

The high point is a throw away gun.  Keep it under the truck seat or in a boat or stashed in the barn.  If it's stolen no great loss.  It is not something I would ever consider as a carry or house gun, but I guess I'm one of those snooty people who would rather have a colt, ruger, sig, or kimber.  Plenty of rifles I wouldn't have either and they cost lots more than the high point.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

OldCoot

Quote from: dutmac on August 26, 2013, 07:42:55 pm
Not to be captain obvious, but you just slammed the pistol 3 comments ago. If your a fair shot with a pistol with one and you can't hit the broad side of the the barn with the other. I'd say you get what you pay for.

i dont have a reference gun to compare the 9 with so i cant make a valid argument.