Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blackberries

Started by HuntinHog, July 06, 2013, 03:05:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntinHog

If Morels weren't your thing, it's blackberry time.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: HuntinHog on July 06, 2013, 03:05:18 pm
If Morels weren't your thing, it's blackberry time.

...and chiggers!
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

HuntinHog

Yeah, but if you like going outside and you're the type that lets ticks, chiggers, poison ivy, poison oak, snakes, and the like keep you cooped up, you need to move!

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I'll feed my share of those critters before the summer is over.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

SpareRib

Ate blackberry pie with 4 scoops of Bluebell Homemade Vanilla tonight.  Mmmmmm!
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

pigture perfect

Wow, Ribs. That is my favorite desert. (or is it dessert)
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Ragnar Hogbrok

I'd just about kill for some of my grandma's blackberry cobbler with some Breyers vanilla ice cream right about now.

Reminds me of before I deployed, I went to "Lady and Sons," the (in)famous Paula Deen restaurant.  One of the desserts for the night was blackberry cobbler.  When the, apparently ultra-yankeefied, northeastern couple sitting behind us was read the dessert menu, the lady asked, "What's a Kah-blah?"  I cried on the inside.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

SpareRib

My wife planted thornless blackberries last year.  We had a good crop.  For those of you who don't make pies, a friend introduced me to Marie Callender's Razzleberry pie.  It's in the frozen section - blackberries, raspberries, and apple.  Way good!  Bury it in vanilla ice cream.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!