Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about Ruger SR22

Started by grayhawg, June 23, 2013, 08:20:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

grayhawg

Thinking about one for a plinker does anyone own or even shot one?

Verge

shoot one, there's no bullets!!!

grayhawg

Quote from: Verge on June 23, 2013, 08:28:26 am
shoot one, there's no bullets!!!
LOL  I got bullets, but I agree right now you can't buy any.

Pudgepork

Its definitely on my purchase list for this summer.  I have enough .22 bullets to keep me
able to shoot for quite awhile but I'm stalling hoping that things settle down.  At this point it would be expensive to replace what I shoot so the safest thing is just don't buy  the gun, yet lol.

Pudgepork

ok grayhawg.   I can type from experience.  I bought the SR22 and have put a few hunnert bullets through it.  It shoots great.  Seems to be a really well-made gun and I am very pleased with my new toy.  I bought 2 guns that day.  I did all I could to give the gun-grabbers indigestion.   Cant afford bullets but I still have some .22 left that I bought in the mid-late 90's.

grayhawg

Glad to hear it I bought one today and have not got to shoot it yet.

Thanks

OTTER

Quote from: grayhawg on August 09, 2013, 09:33:07 pm
Glad to hear it I bought one today and have not got to shoot it yet.

Thanks
Did you get standard or threaded barrel?  I've been thinking about getting one myself.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

grayhawg

Quote from: OTTER on August 10, 2013, 08:05:01 am
Did you get standard or threaded barrel?  I've been thinking about getting one myself.
Standard barrel.

pigture perfect

I would rather have a revolver in 22 caliber, with bullets being as expensive as they are now. Semi-auto's don't shoot every 22 bullet very well. A revolver will be able to handle any of them.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pudgepork

from all reports, the SR22 can handle about any .22 bullet.   I have now shot several
types through mine with no problems.   

Otter, I also bought the standard barrel.  My son has borrowed mine and likes it enough to have one on hold at the LGS. 

Coondog Hog

I love the SR22 sweet little gun.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

DeltaBoy

Any Ruger Automatic will handle all 22 ammo.  I got a MKII that has ate everything I feed it since I got it in the early 1980's.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 22, 2013, 03:43:57 pm
Any Ruger Automatic will handle all 22 ammo.  I got a MKII that has ate everything I feed it since I got it in the early 1980's.

That's not true.  Maybe yours will, but ALL of them won't. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

grayhawg

I put a little over 100 rounds through the SR22 and it is everything I expected.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 22, 2013, 04:31:00 pm
That's not true.  Maybe yours will, but ALL of them won't. 

Well I have shot about 40 of them over the years from the Standard MKI too MKIII they all shot what ever I feed them.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 26, 2013, 02:30:21 pm
Well I have shot about 40 of them over the years from the Standard MKI too MKIII they all shot what ever I feed them.

Well I haven't shot 40 of them, but I have a MKIII and if its dirty or I'm shooting crappy shells, it jams.  I've got friends that have them and if you carry it on a wheeler or anywhere that its dusty, it jams up.  I've started carrying revolver with me now and only use my auto when I won't be getting it really dirty and/or won't have to depend on it. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

kodiakisland

I only have 3 MKIIs and 1 MKIII, but I've never had them fail because they were dirty.  Crappy ammo is another story.  I've put well over 1000 rounds between cleanings and never had a problem.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

PharmacistHog

Quote from: kodiakisland on August 26, 2013, 05:36:18 pm
I only have 3 MKIIs and 1 MKIII, but I've never had them fail because they were dirty.  Crappy ammo is another story.  I've put well over 1000 rounds between cleanings and never had a problem.

Usually bulk 22 ammo will misfire in mine every 5 or 6 shots.  But I've been known to throw one in the glovebox of the rhino/Polaris and it gets really dusty.  Doesn't shoot for darn then. 

kodiakisland

I have great luck with Federal bulk, but hate the Remington stuff. 
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 26, 2013, 05:48:02 pm
Usually bulk 22 ammo will misfire in mine every 5 or 6 shots.  But I've been known to throw one in the glovebox of the rhino/Polaris and it gets really dusty.  Doesn't shoot for darn then. 

Sorry bout that but it happens cause I had a 10/22 that would not hit a coke can at 50 yards .

Pudgepork

Put about 100 rds through the SR22 this afternoon.  A real sweet shooting gun.  I tried 3 types of .22 bullets.   High velocity RN, High Velocity HP and standard velocity RN.   no problems whatsoever.  Well, except my accuracy, but that's all on me

grayhawg

Quote from: Pudgepork on September 04, 2013, 07:13:47 pm
Put about 100 rds through the SR22 this afternoon.  A real sweet shooting gun.  I tried 3 types of .22 bullets.   High velocity RN, High Velocity HP and standard velocity RN.   no problems whatsoever.  Well, except my accuracy, but that's all on me
LOL! thats my only problem but it's getting better.