Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Gator and Patriot TE Aaron Hernandez found guilty: 1st degree murder

Started by jbcarol, June 18, 2013, 07:29:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  15 seconds ago

Aaron Hernandez murder trial> RT @AlbertBreer Among those on witness list: Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft, Brandon Spikes &Mike Pouncey

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer  ·  4 hours ago

Day 1 of the Aaron Hernandez murder trial, a half-hour down the road from Gillette Stadium.
http://instagram.com/p/ycCgKNi_mp/

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer  ·  Jan 30
With the trial ex-Patriot Aaron Hernandez underway, my http://NFL.com  story on the impact his fall has had: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000465221/article/aaron-hernandez-trial-stands-as-lesson-to-nfl-teams ...

In that piece, I referenced this story I did on what the Patriots and others knew about Aaron Hernandez in 2010
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Testimony in the murder trial of ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez is set to resume with the girlfriend and mother of the man Hernandez allegedly killed taking the stand.

Proceedings began last week but were suspended Monday when another snowstorm hit.

QuoteThe trial resumes as Patriots fans celebrate the team's fourth Super Bowl victory. Hernandez, 25, had a $40 million contract with the Patriots when he was arrested.

Lloyd's body was found riddled with bullets in an industrial park near Hernandez's North Attleborough home, not far from Gillette Stadium.

In a separate murder case that has yet to go to trial, Hernandez was charged last year in Boston with killing two men in 2012 after someone spilled a drink on him at a nightclub. The judge has ruled that prosecutors in the Lloyd case cannot tell the jury about those slayings.

Hernandez was not allowed to watch the Super Bowl.

jbcarol

Boston Legal: Judge Dismisses Juror In Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

QuoteIt was not clear why they were questioning the woman or what she was being asked. Prosecutors, the defense team and Hernandez huddled around her as Garsh murmured questions.

About an hour later, Garsh closed the court to the public, saying the juror would be "impacted by publicity."

Around 1:30 p.m. Garsh announced that the juror was dismissed "in the best interest of justice."

"Over the last few years, the juror has expressed an interest in serving on this particular jury," she said, also noting that the juror "attended more Patriots games than were disclosed on the questionnaire."

Garsh said there was credible evidence the juror specifically discussed an opinion about the case, including that it would be hard to convict Hernandez without the murder weapon. She said the juror also discussed several items of evidence that the court has ruled are inadmissible in this case.

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  35 minutes ago

Judge in #AaronHernandez case ordered football memorabilia at his house, not there in June 2013, be covered or removed b4 jury sees house

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  3 hours ago

#AaronHernandez attorney asks GPS expert: "Have you ever received training in football deflation?" #forreal #notajoke

Michelle R. Smith @MRSmithAP  ·  2 hours ago

So far today, references to OJ Simpson and #DeflateGate. #AaronHernandez

jbcarol

Michelle R. Smith @MRSmithAP  ·  5 hours ago

That #DeflateGate joke yesterday got #AaronHernandez's lawyer into some hot water with the judge http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_AARON_HERNANDEZ_DEFLATEGATE ...

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  40 minutes ago

Jurors were inside the #AaronHernandez house for roughly 35 minutes. I'm on my way back to #FallRiver now

Had to cover/remove his football and religious items that were added since the incident.

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  Feb 8
The case of Commonwealth vs #AaronHernandez officially delayed until at least Tuesday. #snow #ice

Gillette Stadium @GilletteStadium  ·  11 hours ago
"We've had enough snow to fill @GilletteStadium 90 times." -@MassGovernor

That's a lot. Trust us.

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  7 hours ago

Weather has delayed the #AaronHernandez trial for the 5th time since it got underway. Testimony scheduled to continue Wed. w/weapons talk.

Michelle R. Smith @MRSmithAP  ·  6 hours ago

We've now had a week's worth of snow days in the #AaronHernandez murder trial. Before it began, trial was estimated to take 6-10 weeks.

Lisa Kraus Edwards ‏@LAKEdwards

No truth to the rumor that #AaronHernandez Judge Garsh has approved a change of venue... to Miami Beach...

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  Feb 10
Here's a copy of order of immunity for #AaronHernandez fiancee Shayanna Jenkins, expected to testify for prosecution

Michelle R. Smith @MRSmithAP  ·  10 hours ago
#AaronHernandez is here in court. He turns around, whispers to Shayanna her hair looks good (she's wearing it differently). Winks at her.

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  9 hours ago
#AaronHernandez prosecutors meticulously trying to establish integrity of crime scene. Defense has claimed shoddy police work.

jbcarol

Michelle R. Smith @MRSmithAP  ·  14 hours ago
No court today for #AaronHernandez due to unspecified "scheduling issue." Trial resumes tomorrow.

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  1 hour ago

Police sgt describes using pickax, shovel, screen box to sift soil by Lloyd's body. After an hour, found "first projectile" #AaronHernandez

#AaronHernandez prosecutor uses his pen to show projectile police found when they sifted bloodstained soil

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  2 hours ago

Enterprise mgr describes damaged car+finding ashes in car, bottle, watercolor drawing, gum, "what I thought was a bullet" #AaronHernandez

After returning the damaged car, #AaronHernandez offered the rental car manager "a piece of gum" that looked like blue Bubblicious

jbcarol

Prosecutors say this footprint matches unusual pair of Nike sneakers worn by #AaronHernandez night of murder

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  Feb 27
#AaronHernandez laughing, chuckling at heated exchange between his attorney and Sprint witness

As a side note, Sprint customers are tweeting with objections to witness's assertion that Sprint covers "the whole United States"

jbcarol

Man in brand new #Patriots SuperBowl jacket asked to turn it inside out at #AaronHernandez courthouse. No NFL apparel allowed for duration

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  39 minutes ago

Alexander Bradley accuses #AaronHernandez of shooting him & dumping him in industrial park. He will testify, but not about those specifics

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  23 hours ago

Next prosecution witness will testify about #AaronHernandez "flophouse" in Franklin, Mass.

Witness testifies about #Patriots employee who helped players who "needed properties." Could indicate team knew about #AaronHernandez apt

Prosecutors think this Franklin apt could be part of motive, that #AaronHernandez was upset that Lloyd knew about "flophouse"

Lots of evidence found at Franklin apt (clothes + .45 caliber ammunition that matched manufacturers at scene) tossed due to faulty warrant

jbcarol

Michael McCann @McCannSportsLaw  ·  Mar 6
Aaron Hernandez lawyer argues prosecutors declined to take a DNA sample of co-defendant Ernest Wallace because AH is who they want to blame.

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  5 hours ago
Under "joint venture," prosecutors don't have to prove #AaronHernandez pulled trigger. These are jury instructions

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  27 minutes ago

Judge overrules defense objection to Glock expert giving his opinion on black object seen in home surveillance.

#AaronHernandez holds black object when he exits fiancées car having returned from cafe night of murder

Jury sees three different snippets of video of #AaronHernandez with black object. Glock or not? Expert will testify

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  7 hours ago
Just got tweet "I love this defense," took me a sec to realize they were talking about @UVAMensHoops and not #AaronHernandez  #multitasking

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  23 hours ago
... appeals judge denies the prosecutors' request to allow Alexander Bradley to testify that #AaronHernandez shot him in face in Fla

Reminder, former right-hand man Bradley alleges #AaronHernandez shot him in Feb '13 and dumped him in industrial park.

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  28 minutes ago

Reminder to #AaronHernandez trial followers: no proceedings today due to scheduling issue. Resuming tomorrow at 9 am, full days Tues Wed Thu

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  8h 8 hours ago
#AaronHernandez cousin Tanya Singleton is serving contempt charge. But her sister has immunity deal and is on witness list.

jbcarol

Michael McCann @McCannSportsLaw  ·  11h 11 hours ago

My @SInow legal analysis of Aaron Hernandez Trial Day 31: behavior of co-defendants at issue. http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/20/aaron-hernandez-trial-day-31-wallace-ortiz-singleton ...

jbcarol

SI NFL @si_nfl  ·  17h 17 hours ago

Aaron Hernandez trial -- Focus shifts to five firearm charges on Day 32: http://on.si.com/1BcywXW 

Michael McCann @McCannSportsLaw  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Most often response by cousin of Aaron Hernandez on witness stand today: "I don't remember." But she clearly remembers certain things. Hmm.

Ted Daniel @TedDanielFOX25  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Quote of day so far goes to #AaronHernandez cousin Jennifer Mercado: "I remember what I remember"

jbcarol

Michael McCann @McCannSportsLaw  ·  9h 9 hours ago
Shayanna Jenkins has apparently decided she will not go to jail for Hernandez. But judge has limited scope of Qs jury can hear her answer.

Without immunity, Shayanna Jenkins would face charges for accessory after the fact by admitting to giving money to Hernandez's co-defendant.

Wow. Shayanna Jenkins lawyer is yelling at judge saying she can't accompany her client on Monday. Judge tells her if SJ not there, contempt.

Judge to Shayanna Jenkins lawyer: get another lawyer to be with your client. If your client isn't here, she's in contempt (so jail time).

jbcarol

Lisa Kraus Edwards @LAKEdwards  ·  6h 6 hours ago

Despite all the circumstantial evidence & questionable witness credibility, it may be hard for jury to convict w/o murder weapon or motive

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  10h 10 hours ago
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft testifies Aaron Hernandez 'said he was innocent' of murder | http://ow.ly/L2wgr

jbcarol

Michele Steele @ESPNMichele  ·  4h 4 hours ago

Judge rules Bradley can talk about seeing gun, weed, trust issues, friendship w Hernandez but NOTHING about being shot in face

Stephanie Stradley @StephStradley  ·  4h 4 hours ago

@janesports @ESPNMichele Law doesn't want past acts to prove current ones--unless defense opens door to issue by saying he'd never shoot ppl

urkillnmesmalls

I'm hearing more and more rumblings on various outlets that have attorneys that have serious doubts that he's going to be convicted unless something significant happens to change things.  I think this is going to end up being one of those deals where they can't prove a motive, had witnesses that say they were in good standing the day before and that evening by some accounts, and they can't put the gun in his hand pulling the trigger without finding it to match ballistics. 

I guess he could have strangled him and we'd have the same result.  "Look the video surveillance that sort of shows he has hands on the ends of his arms and he could have choked him with them.  How can you argue with that type of iron clad evidence?"  Really?  That's all you got? 

If he gets off, he can thank whoever installed those crummy surveillance cameras for not springing for the higher res HD models.  You couldn't even tell who that was, much less if that was a gun or what kind it was. 

It's looking like an OJ type of result unless they can somehow get one of the other two guys to crack and come clean.  Unbelievable.     

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Ex-Trumpet

The real question is, when he gets off how long will it take for Jerry Jones to offer him a contract?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  3h 3 hours ago

On the agenda today: jury instructions, defense witness list, directed verdict motion, arguments over proposed PCP expert #AaronHernandez

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  9m 9 minutes ago

Note: defendant can still be convicted of murder even after consuming alcohol/drugs, but jury can consider that #AaronHernandez

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  Apr 3
On Monday, the defense will begin presenting its case, after voir dire questioning of Dr Greenblatt (PCP expert)
#AaronHernandez

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  54m 54 minutes ago

Garsh: the prosecution will go last because they have the burden of proof #AaronHernandez

James Sultan will handle the closings for the defense #AaronHernandez

Sultan: right way is to start with presumption of innocence. wrong way is to start w/presumption of guilt #AaronHernandez

Sultan: If any evidence existed that #AaronHernandez had reason to kill OL, don't you think you would have heard about it over 9 weeks?

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  35m 35 minutes ago

Sultan: this is a terrible case, about violent/tragic murder of a young man, and about an innocent man charged /that murder #AaronHernandez

Sultan implores jury to acquit #AaronHernandez based on lack of evidence. And he finishes his closing argument.

Court is taking a short 5-min recess before prosecutors begin their closing arguments #AaronHernandez

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  23m 23 minutes ago

Judge Garsh & #AaronHernandez back in courtroom. Waiting on jury to come back

Bill McCauley will handle the closing arguments for the prosecution

McCauley: jury will convict #AaronHernandez of murder if they follow the evidence

McCauley painting picture of #AaronHernandez as arrogant, secretive, mean streak

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  31m 31 minutes ago

Jury begins deliberating. Now, we wait for a verdict #AaronHernandez

michaels

fascinating...... i absolutely believe Hernandez played a part in the murder,
just don't think there's enough evidence to convict without a reasonable doubt

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: michaels on April 07, 2015, 05:31:21 pm

If you absolutely believe it, then you believe there's enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

Those two statements are logically inconsistent.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  12h 12 hours ago

Recap of today: Attorneys make final cases during #AaronHernandez trial closing arguments http://shar.es/1gwcNp  via @HNNow #FallRiver

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: michaels on April 07, 2015, 05:31:21 pm

Have you watched every single minute of the trial on TV? If not then how can you prejudge he played a part OR if there is not enough evidence?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  21h 21 hours ago

Jury been deliberating now for 19 hours #AaronHernandez #VerdictWatch

Jury walks into courtroom. Garsh is dismissing them for the weekend. Deliberations will resume Monday

Garsh again tells jury to avoid TV news, newspapers, any news media reports until end of deliberations

Jury walks out of courtroom. Court is adjourned until 9 a.m. Monday. Jury has deliberated for almost 20 hours at this point

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  3h 3 hours ago

Jurors walk in, looking tired. They'll be back at 9 a.m. tomorrow to resume deliberations #AaronHernandez #VerdictWatch

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  8m 8 minutes ago

Guilty first degree murder #AaronHernandez

AaronHernandez also guilty of firearm and ammunition charges

Clerk now polling the jurors to confirm their guilty verdict. It's unanimous

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on April 15, 2015, 09:33:04 am
Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  8m 8 minutes ago

Guilty first degree murder #AaronHernandez

AaronHernandez also guilty of firearm and ammunition charges

Clerk now polling the jurors to confirm their guilty verdict. It's unanimous

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  5m 5 minutes ago

Barring a successful appeal of this verdict, #AaronHernandez will spend the rest of his life in prison

Sentencing will be in about 20 minutes

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  6 minutes ago

Story link: Former Patriots star #AaronHernandez convicted of 1st-degree murder, will spend life in prison http://shar.es/1gVC0a  via @hnnow

The next step normally after guilty verdict is formal sentencing, with victim's family giving impact statements to court

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.