Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buffalo River Fishing

Started by DOGALUM, June 19, 2013, 10:49:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DOGALUM

The wifey and I are going to squeeze in a float trip this week or this weekend.  The Mulberry is too low so we are gonna hit the Buffalo.  (Ta-Tonka)  Any advice on fishing for some smallmouth?  I haven't fished for anything other than catfish in a pond and crappie in a lake in literally 10+ years.   It is not a "fishing trip"....but I would like to take a couple rods with me.   Any suggestions about bait/lures, depth, style, etc?
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

PonderinHog

Spinnerbait, black skirt with gold blade
Crawfish imitating crankbait
Gitzits, pumpkin
White flukes with blue flakes
Purple worms

Good luck and make the wife paddle!

DOGALUM

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 19, 2013, 01:59:36 pm
Spinnerbait, black skirt with gold blade
Crawfish imitating crankbait
Gitzits, pumpkin
White flukes with blue flakes
Purple worms

Good luck and make the wife paddle!
Thanks man!
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

snoblind

What Pondering said...

But back in the day my go to baits floating the Buffalo were Rooster Tails, Rapala top waters, and Rebel crawdad crank baits.

tophawg19

road runners . choose color based on water clarity most small minnow baits are good and a few jigs to pitch into brush
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pigture perfect

4 inch pumpkin seed lizards or black or brown roostertails have worked best for me in times past.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PonderinHog

Albert Einswine

The last time (probably 15 years ago now) I put the boat in at the Buffalo City access there was a couple trailering their boat to leave. They'd just come back from the lower stretch of the Buffalo and the dude had caught a smallie they put in the live well that was well over 5 lbs and probably really pushing 6. It was a sight to see.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker