Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Umbrella Rigs

Started by PEtrader, June 17, 2013, 08:46:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PEtrader

I got some for Father's Day.  Anyone have any experiences with these/good fish stories?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Verge

I've seen lots of people using them for whites in the spring. Never used myself, a boat might help lol.

tophawg19

great in clear water on suspended fish otherwise not much advantage over single lures
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Rzbakfromwaybak

Heard they worked very well for pin-pointing the location of brush, logs, stumps, etc.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

pigture perfect

I would like to know how well they work as well. I could see trolling with them.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BroyledNutts

Quote from: pigture perfect on June 18, 2013, 02:56:21 am
I would like to know how well they work as well. I could see trolling with them.

Trolling with them for stripers works when the fish are in a good mood...early mornings, cloudy days, windy days....on a typical five point rig, four outers of one size, middle slightly larger or colored differently.

Key to trolling them is very careful boat speed, and using the graph, trying to keep the rig slightly above the fish in the sight line.

They are also a load of fun with surfacing fish - just make sure you've got a stout rod and good line.

Chuck Boarris

Stout rod and strong line is a must.

deshahawg

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on June 18, 2013, 01:26:01 am
Heard they worked very well for pin-pointing the location of brush, logs, stumps, etc.

This is exactly what I would think they would be good for.

hogbud

Rookie Casey Martin won $125,000 FLW tourney in Tenn this past weekend with 4 day total over 100 lbs of bass - a 20 lb margin over 2nd place finisher. His A-rig had 13 swim baits but only 3 hooks (per state rules). A-rigs dominating FLW circuit and expect them to be banned next year as they already are on Bassmaster Elite pro circuit.

rcopela

Quote from: hogbud on July 02, 2013, 07:47:00 am
Rookie Casey Martin won $125,000 FLW tourney in Tenn this past weekend with 4 day total over 100 lbs of bass - a 20 lb margin over 2nd place finisher. His A-rig had 13 swim baits but only 3 hooks (per state rules). A-rigs dominating FLW circuit and expect them to be banned next year as they already are on Bassmaster Elite pro circuit.
That's (4) grueling days of work throwing one of those, but I guess for 125K I could do it...

rzrbkfn2000

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on June 18, 2013, 01:26:01 am

Yes, they work very well for finding structure. Lost three on Table Rock this weekend. This was my first time using the A Rig and I am completely sold on them. Sit on top of a huge school on Striper hybrids and wore them out. caught almost 30 in 6 hours, all averaging around three pounds. Had two on at once. Haven't had that much fun fishing in quite some time.