Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trail camera

Started by toshortrock, June 15, 2013, 10:27:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

toshortrock

has anybody put any trail cameras out yet,i have one out,,2 ready to go,,had 281 pictures the last month with a few hogs on it
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Whiskey River

I've got a couple out over mineral licks. Last I checked, I was only getting several doe and a spike. Not checking them very often though.
This species has amused itself to death...

cbhawg03

Last year I put one up a little before the season started and just left it up, but ants got in it and destroyed it.

This now happen to you guys or how do you keep this from happening?

kodiakisland

I have a camera up year round, but mostly to keep an eye on the coyotes.  I like to see how many pups I have in the summer to know how many I need to kill in the fall.  Plus I get the occasional deer/bobcat/cow etc.  There is so much to eat for the deer that they don't seem to use the trails as much in the summer, even though they are in the same area.  The undergrowth is thick and the deer I've seen are fat.  Should be a good fall.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

pigture perfect

Quote from: cbrooks03 on June 16, 2013, 11:37:40 am
Last year I put one up a little before the season started and just left it up, but ants got in it and destroyed it.

This now happen to you guys or how do you keep this from happening?
Put Lime around the tree. Not the fruit, but the mineral.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

cbhawg03

Quote from: pigture perfect on June 16, 2013, 08:39:29 pm
Put Lime around the tree. Not the fruit, but the mineral.

I may be young and dumb, but not that dumb

pigture perfect

lol. Sorry, didn't mean to insinuate anything.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

deshahawg

I use to have 3 out every year but I was away last year and I haven't been able to find my cameras. It was always a ton of fun seeing what was on them.