Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky, Tennessee, & Auburn Recruiting

Started by dwcherr, June 14, 2013, 11:19:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JansterZ71

Quote from: Solomwi on April 24, 2014, 02:13:40 pm
I stand corrected. AU picked up a commit from 4 star OT Kaleb Kim just now. Mr. Colbert is now on the clock.

Dolla dolla bills y'all
So, what year did you graduate from Auburn? And what was your field of study?
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

jbcarol

http://vaughtsviews.com/vince-marrow-to-uk-fans-blue-white-attendance-has-big-impact-on-recruiting

For fans wondering if attending Saturday's Blue-White Game is important, Kentucky recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow has a simple message.

"Most definitely attendance at the spring game impacts recruiting," said Marrow. "I think what did it last year was a lot of those guys (recruits) and their parents saw a team come off a 2-10 record and people thinking football is not important ... parents saw 50,000 people there and that made my job a lot easier in recruiting.

"I already felt good about recruiting and all those kids whether they were from Ohio or Florida were blown away by attendance (at the spring game). So it is important."

Because of construction at Commonwealth Stadium, Kentucky can't match last year's attendance figure. Marrow has prepared recruits and their families for that, but he also knows enthusiastic fans — and a lot of them — can impact decisions players might make about UK while they are on unofficial visits to UK this weekend.

"We have told them numbers will be down and the thing is the stadium is being renovated and we can only have 40,000 in there," Marrow said. "I have told recruits that you may have anywhere from 30,000 to 40,000 people here. I think as long as they see the crowds, the enthusiasm ... and fans are more important. They did a big job last year selling that whole deal for us to recruits and families."

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: JansterZ71 on April 24, 2014, 09:29:15 pm
So, what year did you graduate from Auburn? And what was your field of study?

Obviously Sociology........ 8)

JansterZ71

Quote from: Solomwi on April 25, 2014, 09:21:00 am
I'm a sidewalk fan bruh, but civil engineering and IT is my field. No shame.
At least you aren't embarrassed by this failure to study at the Universities football team you are obsessed with.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Solomwi on April 26, 2014, 08:18:20 pm
Colbert to the Barn today. Makes 6 commits in like 7 days. Pat Dye is the best recruiter in the business.

Its' ea$y for him......... 8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Solomwi on April 27, 2014, 10:02:15 am
Why should I be? I still get to go to the alumni tent at football games. Is there another perk I'm missing out on?

Being in the NTYF has major perks....... 8)

JansterZ71

Quote from: Solomwi on April 27, 2014, 10:02:15 am
Why should I be? I still get to go to the alumni tent at football games. Is there another perk I'm missing out on?
You don't "get" into the alumni tent.  You "pay" to get in there.  In other words it's just a group anyone can join.  Not really seeing that argument there. 

jbcarol

Evan Woodbery @TennesseeBeat  ·  Apr 30

Butch on recruiting: "It starts with a six-hour radius....There's a lot of great football within driving distance."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 19h

Rivals 250 haul: Luke Hiers is the 9th such UK commitment under Mark Stoops. Cats had one total in previous 5 classes

jbcarol

The bulk of the remaining 19 signees in Auburn's 2014 recruiting class will arrive on campus and enroll in May...

The school calendar has two summer mini-semesters; one starting on May 16, the other on June 23.

Due to the timing of spring sports and some school calendars that stretch beyond the start of the first summer mini-semester, there will be some who enroll in June.

QuoteFive of Auburn's 24 signees -- D'haquille Williams, Stanton Truitt, Derrick Moncrief, Xavier Dampeer and Chris Laye -- enrolled early and went through spring practice.

Malzahn also said that most of the Tigers' signing class has already qualified, although there are still a few uncertainties, although Malzahn did not mention names.

Malzahn: "There's a couple that we're still waiting, but we're hoping that we have all of them."

jbcarol

Alex Stump @ShowTime_Stump
I am fulfilling a lifelong dream of playing college football. Officially committed to the University of Kentucky!!! #WeAreUK #StoopsTroops

6-foot-3, 190-pound receiver (sic) announced (sic) on twitter he would be going to Kentucky next season. He held offers from Cincinati (sic), Minnesota, Georgia Tech and West Virginia.

HyperDrive

Auburn adds 4-star Hoover, AL linebacker Darrell Williams to 2015 commit list

Hoover linebacker Darrell Williams verbally committed to Auburn Wednesday morning.

Williams, a 6-foot-3, 223-pound four-star prospect, announced his commitment on Twitter.

Williams chose the Tigers over scholarship offers from Alabama and Oklahoma. Williams told AL.com earlier this week that Auburn and Oklahoma had moved ahead of Alabama in his mind.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/hoover_lb_darrell_williams_com.html

Auburn now has 13 commits thus far for 2015 and is ranked 3rd in recruiting on Rivals, Scout and 24/7 Sports behind Alabama and Penn State.

jbcarol

UK got a verbal from Cardinal Mooney OLB Jordan Jones.

jbcarol

4-star TE CJ Conrad gave a verbal to UK.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  8m

Nation's top junior college prospect Jovon Robinson commits to Auburn http://ow.ly/wSy0G

jbcarol

Michael Carvell @RecruitingAJC  ·  1h
Auburn landed nation's No. 1 JC prospect. But he's visiting #Bama next month --> http://wp.me/p3Xdrl-Dn

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats May 20
In context: UK already has 3 Rivals 250 guys for 2015 (targeting many more). Had 5 in 2014. 2 in 2013. Just 1 in 5 previous classes combined

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats May 20
NEW: A look at all of the UK football commitments and targets in the new Rivals 250 for 2015 http://bit.ly/1qSrc3w

jbcarol

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 2m
Paducah Tilghman Kicker Miles Butler, a former Alabama commit, has changed and has committed to Kentucky

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  16h
Nation's No. 1 dual-threat QB has Auburn and Tennessee at top RT @quick_tg6: Top 7 final schools in order @RyanBartow

Torrance Gibson

jbcarol

Chandler Cox @chandlercox10  ·  1h
I have committed to the Auburn University!!!! #WarEagle I'm so blessed!!

Apopka FB

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on May 31, 2014, 04:47:53 pm
Chandler Cox @chandlercox10  ·  1h
I have committed to the Auburn University!!!!

Hahahahaha 8)

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  16h
Madison Southern RB Damien Harris (@Damien_D1Harris) tweets his Top 8: OSU, Kentucky, Bama, Oregon, Florida, FSU, Michigan, Notre Dame.

5-star TB

jbcarol

jbcarol

Quinten Dormady @qdormady  ·  3h
I have committed to the University of Tennessee! This is a blessing and a dream come true! #RockyTop #VOLS #VFL

3-to-4-star Boerne Pro Style QB

jbcarol

John Talty @JTalty  · 
Montgomery TE Jalen Harris "@jalenharris9: Just got the Auburn offer!! #WAREAGLE #blessed"

Jalen Harris now has offers from both Bama and Auburn. Recently scooped up offers from Vandy and LSU too.

jbcarol

Evan Woodbery @TennesseeBeat  ·  3h

[Knoxville] South-Doyle High School athlete Jocquez Bruce has announced he has committed to Tennessee [13th in '15 class].

jbcarol

David Climer @DavidClimer  ·  Jun 17
Thanks in part to legacies, the hits keep right on coming for @UTCoachJones and Vols recruiting.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/columnist/david-climer/2014/06/17/ut-football-legacies/10632215/ ...

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  4h
Good day in Knoxville. #Vols first get Alvin Kamara to commit then GA LB Austin Smith picks #UT over UGA, So Carolina, Miami & LSU.

jbcarol

Jimmy Hyams@JimmyHyams
Former Vol J.J. McCleskey said he's not upset that UT hasn't offered his son, even though Oklahoma State has. http://www.sportsanimal99.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=844 ...

jbcarol

jbcarol

Murfreesboro Oakland 3-star TE gives a verbal to Tennessee.

TE commitment month continues as the dominoes fall on the heels of announced and silent commits at the position.

jbcarol

Auburn pledge Marquel Harrell says he's thought about de-committing

QuoteThe 6-foot-3, 295-pound offensive lineman from Fairburn, Ga., committed to Auburn in April, but told 247Sports Monday Tennessee is his leader. He then solidified his commitment to the Tigers, but said Tennessee is "right behind."

If Harrell does flip to the Volunteers, it will be the third SEC school he has committed to. His February pledge to Ole Miss lasted just 20 days.

"I'm firm ... but anything can happen," he said. "I've thought about [de-committing], but I don't know. I'm not sure yet. I don't want to keep de-committing because I don't want to seem indecisive."

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  6h
Kentucky now has 5 of the top 50 prospects from Ohio for 2015. Ohio State (also w/ 5) is only other school w/ more than 3.

Of Kentucky's 10 football commitments for 2015, five of them are ranked 4 stars by at least one major recruiting service.

HyperDrive

Auburn picks up 4-star offensive tackle Tyler Carr.  Carr chose Auburn over Alabama and Georgia.  He is the 7th best offensive tackle in the 2015 class according to Rivals.

jbcarol

Orlando Boone Punter Tommy Townsend gave a verbal to Tennessee.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  2h
Tight end Jalen Harris commits to Auburn over Alabama, others. http://ow.ly/ypJyP

QuoteHarris, who is coached by former Auburn tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen...

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  5h
Jabari Greenwood has committed to Kentucky. No. 42 WR in the class of 2015, according to Rivals.

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  4h
Rivals team rankings have been updated: Kentucky is now No. 18 nationally for the class of 2015 http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all ...

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on June 24, 2014, 08:32:09 pm
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  2h
Tight end Jalen Harris commits to Auburn over Alabama, others. http://ow.ly/ypJyP

Jalen Harris @jalenharris9  ·  2h
I swear nobody can feel my pain right now. I loved this man so much, he was one of the best things that ever happened to me. RIP Coach Lutz

jbcarol

Colbert Report:

QuoteFour-star Auburn safety commit Jordan Colbert from Griffin (Ga.) High School tweeted Wednesday that he plans to visit Tennessee "sometime this month."

... cousin of Fred White, who started at strong safety on Tennessee's 1998 national championship team.

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  9h

2015 defensive back Marcus Walker, who was once committed to UK ... RT @Prim3timejr4 Top 3: Kentucky Arkansas Michigan St

Lake Wales 3-star

jbcarol

NorthsideHSAthletics @vikingsnhs  ·  13h

It looks like we are going to have a Tennessee Volunteer walking the halls here at NHS this year...Congrats, Chance!

Northside lineman Chance Hall

Tennessee is scheduled to play VaTech in Bristol in 2016.

jbcarol

Ryan Callahan @RyanCallahan247  ·  3h
Five-star OL @BenCleveland74 to visit #Vols soon