Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson Tweets

Started by rzrbackramsfan, June 12, 2013, 10:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

"We had a great workout w/team Tuesday.  Our players are really getting after it &I can sense an atmosphere of bonding.#WeHogs." .... PIMP.  No, but really I've been seeing it all along.  Anderson builds this type of family connection among his players.  It's hard to explain, but he has intangible skills that few can see. 

3kgthog

We've heard it before. They'll have to show me.

Smithian

Every coach says that.

I think this season is the launching pad, but have to walk the walk instead of talking the talk.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 12, 2013, 10:13:04 pm

Sounds fair IMO.

Inhogswetrust

A coach that tweets? Heaven forbid! According to some people on here coaches shouldn't tweet.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

widespreadsooie

Dogtown Donkey

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Rooster Hogburn

CAnt wait for hogball to start back up.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Dogtown Donkey

I'd like to clarify my stance. I quoted the poster that said we've heard this before and they'll have to show it because those are my initial thoughts. We hear this every year. But with the subtraction of Powell and Young and the addition of Portis and Kingsley, I really do feel this is probably becoming a reality and will translate to on-court success. But, again, I'll have to see it to believe it. I'm just more inclined to believe it this time.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on June 13, 2013, 10:26:06 am
CAnt wait for hogball to start back up.

Been waiting for well over a decade.
Go away, batin'

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

downsouthhawg72

June 13, 2013, 02:05:07 pm #12 Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:38:45 pm by EASYBONE1
Well maybe Mike should've tweeted they was having bad workouts & people would've been more happier with that. The fact that he haven't tweeted that since he was  hired means more than anything. People need to start realizing alot of the bad recruits for his system is almost gone so when you have a team full of heart/hard workers then you see a difference in workouts & in the game. I think with the addition of the 3 inside players that's coming this year we all will see a major difference in the way games starts & finishes. If you have 1 player on the floor without the heart & guts it takes to play CMA style then the team will suffer & it will show on the floor while their playing.
DownSouthHawg

cosmodrum

#WeHogs

#UseEnglishLikeanAdult
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Billy Bayou

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on June 13, 2013, 10:35:52 am
But with the subtraction of Powell and Young and the addition of Portis and Kingsley, I really do feel this is probably becoming a reality and will translate to on-court success.

I pretty much agree with this.  Powell and Young could be individually fantastic during certain streaks.  When things were clicking neither player could be defended effectively.  Individually effective but seemingly not so good at being collectively effective.

If Mike is saying they're bonding, it's a good thing.

kingofdequeen

Bonding wins championships?

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 13, 2013, 02:08:18 pm
#WeHogs

#UseEnglishLikeanAdult
Why caps on every word except "an"?

MikePiazza

I have more confidence going into next basketball season then I've had in a LONG time...

You've seen flashes of brilliance the last two years (i.e. Michigan, UF, UK home wins), and I think next year is where they finally put it together, win some road games and get on the tourney bubble.

Schedule hasn't come out yet, but I see at LEAST 23-24 wins next year. Hoping for 25-26 with SEC Tourney.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Sportking2169 on June 13, 2013, 02:18:17 pm
Why caps on every word except "an"?

b/c it's an article adjective that's not the first word.  Duh.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on June 13, 2013, 02:05:07 pm
Well maybe Mike should've tweeted they was having bad workouts & people would've been more happier with that. The fact that he haven't tweeted that since he has was  hired means more than anything. People need to start realizing alot of the bad recruits for his system is almost gone so when you have a team full of heart/hard workers then you see a difference in workouts & in the game. I think with the addition of the 3 inside players that's coming this year we all will see a major difference in the way games starts & finishes. If you have 1 player on the floor without the heart & guts it takes to play CMA style then the team will suffer & it will show on the floor while their playing.

You need to take a look at his Twitter feed if you think that's the case. He hasn't tweeted that exact thing but he's tweeted things along those lines.

HF#1

Quote from: MikePiazza on June 13, 2013, 02:18:56 pm
I have more confidence going into next basketball season then I've had in a LONG time...

You've seen flashes of brilliance the last two years (i.e. Michigan, UF, UK home wins), and I think next year is where they finally put it together, win some road games and get on the tourney bubble.

Schedule hasn't come out yet, but I see at LEAST 23-24 wins next year. Hoping for 25-26 with SEC Tourney.

I like your confidence but I'm not sure I share it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

cosmodrum

Quote from: kingofdequeen on June 13, 2013, 02:21:09 pm

An Excellent Reply
Go away, batin'

latrops

I thought that winning 23 or so was possible last year.  It seemed reasonable that the Hogs could have a 5 game improvement in year two of the CMA system accompanied by the return of Marshawn Powell.  That we only won one more game and finished poorly yet again was a real disappointment to me.  Last year, I was optimistic.  This year, I'm just hoping for the best.  Certainly, the players as a whole may better fit the system and the lack of proven, go-to guys on offense could result in more offensive balance, but last year taught me not to assume anything.   Winning 24 or 25 games seems a bit much to expect right now.....I'd be happy just to finally get to the 20 win mark again and win an SEC Tourney game.  That would at least suggest real progress as I'm not that impressed by a near perfect home record when it couples with an abysmal record outside the state.

Nipsey Mussle

This says a lot to me. You guys may have heard this a lot but I sure haven't. I think Mike actually sees a lot to like in this team. Well, mainly the fact that they act like a team. Portis helps with that, a lot.

pigture perfect

Now that's bringing your A game, KOD.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Clay (helmuthjr21) C on June 13, 2013, 04:31:12 pm
This says a lot to me. You guys may have heard this a lot but I sure haven't. I think Mike actually sees a lot to like in this team. Well, mainly the fact that they act like a team. Portis helps with that, a lot.

Coach speak. Every year, every coach. There's always something like this said. It's hard to really believe it when we have disappointing year after disappointing year.

But, like I said, given the personnel - I think I'll buy into this time with confidence. I know we have some hard-working guys up there right now. That hasn't always been the case in recent years. I'm optimistic in that regard. My hope is that improved chemistry and leadership will offset the loss of offensive production by Powell and Young. I know I've been beating that drum for a long time so you guys are probably tired of hearing it.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on June 13, 2013, 04:41:52 pm
Coach speak. Every year, every coach. There's always something like this said. It's hard to really believe it when we have disappointing year after disappointing year.

But, like I said, given the personnel - I think I'll buy into this time with confidence. I know we have some hard-working guys up there right now. That hasn't always been the case in recent years. I'm optimistic in that regard. My hope is that improved chemistry and leadership will offset the loss of offensive production by Powell and Young. I know I've been beating that drum for a long time so you guys are probably tired of hearing it.
I have that same hope and I truly believe in it. Can you say for sure that MA tweeted a message similar to this last year? I can understand him being asked about it and giving coach speak but he truly seemed fired up about it in this instance.

99toLife

Quote from: Clay (helmuthjr21) C on June 13, 2013, 05:15:38 pm
I have that same hope and I truly believe in it. Can you say for sure that MA tweeted a message similar to this last year? I can understand him being asked about it and giving coach speak but he truly seemed fired up about it in this instance.
Got no proof, but like many coaches, he says this kind of stuff every year. Was kind of surprised he tweeted anything.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Billy Bayou on June 13, 2013, 02:14:14 pm
If Mike is saying they're bonding, it's a good thing.
What did Mike say they were doing on their extended European Holiday in Florence, Italy last year?

fineswine

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on June 13, 2013, 05:46:19 pm
What did Mike say they were doing on their extended European Holiday in Florence, Italy last year?
Picking them up after they got off of the damn gondola.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Clay (helmuthjr21) C on June 13, 2013, 05:15:38 pm

QuoteCoach Mike Anderson ‏@MikeAndersonUA 2 Aug

3 days of practice and Im very pleased with our guys energy and effort

QuoteCoach Mike Anderson ‏@MikeAndersonUA 19 Aug

What a good tour we had in Italy! Our team got a chance to bond & had a great learning experience.However,it's great to be back in America!

I will say, though, he's never praised them this early.

tomw

hogs havent been relevant since the 95 national runnerup...96 started the down hill trend with nolan/anderson, heath, pelfrey and now anderson again....im skeptical on a decent year, and if they dont learn to win on the road its gonna be another long season....

Sivad

Quote from: fineswine on June 13, 2013, 05:54:50 pm
Picking them up after they got off of the damn gondola.
They have his "damn bears" in Italy too?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 13, 2013, 02:08:18 pm
#WeHogs

#UseEnglishLikeanAdult

Bielema #1-0
Anderson #WeHogs

Those are call-signs like #WPS or #GoHogs cosmodrum...now go fix me a fiss-sanwitch and a glass of Courvoisier"
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on June 13, 2013, 06:22:58 pm
I will say, though, he's never praised them this early.
Thanks for posting the tweets. This was earlier but indeed very similar to the tweet he made on the Italy trip.

kingofdequeen

you just gotta get in there and BOND. 

frick shootin' and rebounding.  just BOND.

dsims2k3

It's pretty sad that some of our posters can turn ANYTHING positive into something contrary.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Swinesong1

Quote from: dsims2k3 on June 13, 2013, 11:27:06 pm
It's pretty sad that some of our posters can turn ANYTHING positive into something contrary.
Sad indeed!

Ham Sandwich

It's called ignorance.

Birminghog

Okay.  Why then capitalize a preposition?

By the way, "article adjective" is redundant. All articles are adjectives. I mean, as long as we're getting snippy about the language ...

I don't participate in social media, so I don't pretend to know Twitter protocol.

PonderinHog

Hope and confidence are two different things.  We should be better this year.  Madden has to step up.

kingofdequeen

It's pretty sad that some of our posters can turn ANYTHING into something akin to Christ coming back to Earth.

FYP

discombobulationist

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on June 13, 2013, 02:05:07 pm
Well maybe Mike should've tweeted they was having bad workouts & people would've been more happier with that. The fact that he haven't tweeted that since he was  hired means more than anything. People need to start realizing alot of the bad recruits for his system is almost gone so when you have a team full of heart/hard workers then you see a difference in workouts & in the game. I think with the addition of the 3 inside players that's coming this year we all will see a major difference in the way games starts & finishes. If you have 1 player on the floor without the heart & guts it takes to play CMA style then the team will suffer & it will show on the floor while their playing.

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 12, 2013, 10:13:04 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Ham Sandwich on June 13, 2013, 11:47:29 pm
It's called ignorance.

Ignorant to say similar remarks have been made before and then had a disappointing season?

I thought that would be more of an example of pointing out facts.

azhog10

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on June 14, 2013, 08:47:33 am
Ignorant to say similar remarks have been made before and then had a disappointing season?

I thought that would be more of an example of pointing out facts.
Not arguing but what facts were pointed out? Where did Coach A in the past tweet this exact or close to exact remark and the season be disppointing? How about Coach Pel, Heath? Just curious.....

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: azhog10 on June 14, 2013, 10:40:56 am
Not arguing but what facts were pointed out? Where did Coach A in the past tweet this exact or close to exact remark and the season be disppointing? How about Coach Pel, Heath? Just curious.....

Have you read the thread?

I posted tweets of his from around the time of Italy trip........you know, before we missed the NIT......again. That's disappointing, right? We should have made the NIT, right?

And why restrict this to tweeting? He's obviously made remarks like this to the media all the time. Like I said, it's coach speak.

mhuff

Right on

hamARchy in the USA

Perhaps you'll be on the mark but in 11 seasons as a head coach MA has only had 4 teams win as many as 23 games, only 2 teams win as many as 24 games, and only 1 team win more than 24 games.  More importantly, he's only had one team play well enough over the course of a season to at least tie for a conference championship.

jamie72921

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on June 14, 2013, 12:28:51 pm
Perhaps you'll be on the mark but in 11 seasons as a head coach MA has only had 4 teams win as many as 23 games, only 2 teams win as many as 24 games, and only 1 team win more than 24 games.  More importantly, he's only had one team play well enough over the course of a season to at least tie for a conference championship.

Was he rebuilding programs or was he handed teams that were ALREADY winners?

Why would it matter? Because if he was rebuilding programs, then you have to figure that about half of those 11 years were spent with crappy teams/programs he inherited.

Stats are only as useful as the person interpreting them. That's why there are sayings such as "stats are for losers" and "there are lies, dam lies, and statistics."
Bless your heart