Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why can't I start a new thread? (split from another thread)

Started by 903hog, May 31, 2013, 08:15:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

903hog

I need help I cant post a new thread but I can reply? Why is this ?

Doug

June 03, 2013, 04:14:02 pm #1 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:14:26 am by Douglas
There were too many threads started by people new to Hogville that didn't scan the first two or three pages to find a the very question they asked answered by other people.

This also stops automated spam-bots from trying to ply their wares/trades on a site as large as Hogville.

This also cuts down on the number of "Report to Moderator" incidents being filed and lightens the workload of mods having th merge similarly worded threads.

Long story short, it's designed to reduce the overall workload of this site and its Mod team as well as to provide an extra layer of security. :)

Don't worry, though... make 10 QUALITY replies, and you can start making new threads. Be forewarned, though: If any Admin determines your posts are being made to get around our post count restrictions, not only could you lose those posts, we have the capability of setting your post counts negative. Post Smart, people!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

903hog

Thank you so much Douglas! Appreciate it man and that makes sense :razorback:

HornetHog

Quote from: Doug on June 03, 2013, 04:14:02 pmThere were too many threads started by people new to Hogville that didn't scan the first two or three pages to find a the very question they asked answered by other people.

This also stops automated spam-bots from trying to ply their wares/trades on a site as large as Hogville.

This also cuts down on the number of "Report to Moderator" incidents being filed and lightens the workload of mods having th merge similarly worded threads.

Long story short, it's designed to reduce the overall workload of this site and its Mod team as well as to provide an extra layer of security. :)

Don't worry, though... make 10 QUALITY replies, and you can start making new threads. Be forewarned, though: If any Admin determines your posts are being made to get around our post count restrictions, not only could you lose those posts, we have the capability of setting your post counts negative. Post Smart, people!

Hi Doug,

Been away for quite awhile. Posted a QB rant recently in the "Monday Forum" and ended up immediately in the "Trash". Thought Lanny was a friend, but I've been away for long time, but he is from Lake Hamilton, so go figure. Did I break a rule of some sort? Please advise.
Former Hog QB / National Private QB Coach QBFarm.com / Varsity HS Football Coach / Hog Fan since birth