Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manhattan Game 1 Thread: #2 Arkansas (37-20) vs. #3 Bryant (44-16-1)

Started by ucahogfan, May 31, 2013, 07:00:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Quote from: catfish07 on May 31, 2013, 09:51:30 pm
Revised this team [CENSORED] sucks. They don't deserve our attention.

They deserve our negative attention

PygmalionEffect

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost our hitting coach over the off-season
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

jfred59

Quote from: mecoach on May 31, 2013, 09:50:04 pm
Ok.  That one is over.

Wichita State next.  With Stanek on the mound.  We will win.

I still say we will beat Bryant in the loser's consolation bracket.

We MIGHT be able to beat Kansas State in one game, but hard to see us beating them twice. 

But...there is always a chance.   Still doable people.    But this team needs an adjustment and we need to be a little smarter in our play calling.      :razorback:

My God, KSU scored 20 runs, yes 20 runs today.  This hasnt scored 20 runs in the last month

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: TikiHog on May 31, 2013, 09:50:13 pm
I can see us winning the next 2 but we wont be KSU twice because I dont care who we throw they'll score
I appreciate your optimism....and I'd love to think we can win a game or two tomorrow....but teams that hit are the only ones who can come out of the loser's bracket after an opening game loss....and we can't score on anyone...whether it be LSU or the Western Illinois Leathernecks....you know that loss to the Leathernecks should have been the basic, "canary in the cave" warning about this team...Western Illinois literally had the size of a group of 11th graders at Osceola High
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Tequilin' Time

Freebrd

Amen N HOG...Getting doubled off 2nd on a foul bunt!.   Shows baseball savvy about as much a a runner getting hit by a ball hit in between 1st and 2nd

DoubleReedHawgCaller

We just lost to a team that doesn't even have a scoreboard.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

(notOM)Rebel123

Freebrd

mecoach

Quote from: jfred59 on May 31, 2013, 09:55:19 pm

Wichita State is not known for its pitching.  Granted, we can't score more than one a lot of times, but I don't see KSU scoring 20 or 10 on us.  But your point is made....all they need it appears is 2 runs.

Ty Webb240

N HOG

Gotta hand it to us - we lost to the only team in the tournament that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE had ever heard of before. That's hard to do.

mecoach

Quote from: N HOG on May 31, 2013, 10:00:15 pm
Gotta hand it to us - we lost to the only team in the tournament that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE had ever heard of before. That's hard to do.
Stoney Brooks

Jamie Jones

I have no more delusions of this team getting out of this regional. When anyone, besides Fic, gets a bat on a ball, it is never hit hard enough to scare a little league team. The hitting is a joke. I have not been this upset since we lost to Monroe in LR. Horrible!
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

King

Quote from: hogginbama on May 31, 2013, 09:52:46 pm
So if Fico hits over .320 and the rest of the team continues to hit low .200s then it would all be different? I fail to see the logic there.

I think so, yes.  How many times has he failed to bring in a run with runners on 2nd or 3rd?  If he was hitting like his freshman year we win 4-5 more games this year no doubt. 

Obviously the coaching staff is still waiting for his bat, considering his place in the lineup.

Also factor in the widely accepted rumor that an entire scholarship is dedicated to Ficocello.  Lots of eggs in that one basket.

TikiHog

fanofthehog

Being a Razorback fan is one of the most frustrating things in the world.

Hogz87

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on May 31, 2013, 09:58:03 pm
We just lost to a team that doesn't even have a scoreboard.
Then, we should donate the home half of our scoreboard to them.  They'd probably get a lot more use out of it. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Well maybe this will knock some of the arrogance out of DVH and our players. We've had a cocky attitude all year, downplaying mid-week games, etc.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a field and used a local high school field in R.I.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Iwastherein1969

our best player said via the tweet the other day that "we are always considered back porch."....well, I think that evaluation was a bit optimistic, the out-house would be more like it...year is done, its going to be a long Summer before fall workouts get here...oh well, we had all the luck last year, but that ship has sailed, brother

Hogz87

Oh, and Astin's last 3 starts: 21.1 IP, 1 ER, 0-1 record with 2 no-decisions.

mecoach

At least going into the basketball season people knew we would suck.

Football was predicted to be a NC contender.
This team was picked #1 preseason.

Thank goodness for track.

(notOM)Rebel123

N HOG

Quote from: mecoach on May 31, 2013, 10:00:47 pm
Stoney Brooks

They aren't in this tournament. And I actually knew they existed. Not so for Bryant.

They could actually have been Bauxite for all I knew.

mecoach

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 31, 2013, 10:03:40 pm
Yeah, but LSU has 6 National championships to fall back on.
Which would make it even worse, right?  I mean we know we are not that good and we lose to a team named Bryant.   LSU wins 6 NC and loses to a team called Stoney Brooks.     It happens.

Jamie Jones

I'll say it again...As long as DVH keeps Butler around, DVH is the problem. Butler has to go.

hog.goblin

I don't know what was more embarrassing, the game or this thread.  I sure hope someone can do PBP tomorrow and the mods keep it clean.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 31, 2013, 10:03:40 pm
Yeah, but LSU has 6 National championships to fall back on.
AGREED !   we don't even approach the level of LSU in baseball....they are as above us as a graduate student in physics is a 5th grader writing his first term paper

micali

hogman99

Quote from: jhawg2009 on May 31, 2013, 10:05:47 pm
I'll say it again...As long as DVH keeps Butler around, DVH is the problem. Butler has to go.

Yep!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: mecoach on May 31, 2013, 10:05:40 pm
Which would make it even worse, right?  I mean we know we are not that good and we lose to a team named Bryant.   LSU wins 6 NC and loses to a team called Stoney Brooks.     It happens.

They've won 6 titles, they've earned the right to have a bad post-season occasionally.

N HOG

Quote from: hog.goblin on May 31, 2013, 10:06:35 pm
I don't know what was more embarrassing, the game or this thread.  I sure hope someone can do PBP tomorrow and the mods keep it clean.

The game.

(notOM)Rebel123

Step up and do PBP. Believe me, the actual play-by-play was much worse than what you read here.

davispard

It would not hurt my feelings one bit, if we lost tomorrow and came home.  We kind of need a bad wake up call, and that just might do it.  DVH is just not animated enough to get somebody's attention.  Being "cool & calm"(DVH) ain't that "cool" when you lose to Bryant.

jfred59

Most of us are just speaking the truth about this team and coaching staff

hog.goblin

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 31, 2013, 10:08:20 pm
Step up and do PBP.

I have no TV or radio, otherwise I would be glad to.  I appreciate the guys who tried to fill in tonight. Unfortunately they were drowned out by all the garbage.

Iwastherein1969

yeah, that's the ticket, blame the fans....its their fault for that 'faux baseball' that the UA put on the field tonight...if we get rid of those fans who aren't satisfied with getting our hineys handed to us by some obscure team from Rhode Island, all will be well

BroyledNutts

Jamie Jones

Quote from: hog.goblin on May 31, 2013, 10:10:42 pm
I have no TV or radio, otherwise I would be glad to.  I appreciate the guys who tried to fill in tonight. Unfortunately they were drowned out by all the garbage.
Well, the garbage was better than the game.

Ty Webb240

I just read they play in the Northeast Conference against other heavyweights such as Long Island, Central Conn. State, St. Francis, Wagner, Monmouth, etc. 

Amazing!!!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: fanofthehog on May 31, 2013, 10:01:22 pm
Being a Razorback fan is one of the most frustrating things in the world.

It's called Stockholm syndrome...and I love it!!!???!?!!?!?!!?!!!?!?!?!

hog.goblin

Quote from: jfred59 on May 31, 2013, 10:09:30 pm
Most of us are just speaking the truth about this team and coaching staff

Butler can't coach hitting.  I get that.  I don't need to hear it 45 times in various colorful ways while trying to keep up with the game. 

(notOM)Rebel123

There are other places to get play-by-play (www.arkansasrazorbacks.com, ESPN.com)But again, there was much more garbage in the Hogs performance than on this thread. Seriously, If you need a radio, I'll get you one. PM me.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Hogz87 on May 31, 2013, 10:03:17 pm
Oh, and Astin's last 3 starts: 21.1 IP, 1 ER, 0-1 record with 2 no-decisions.

That is a truly startling and dumbfounding statistic....

hog.goblin

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 31, 2013, 10:10:53 pm
yeah, that's the ticket, blame the fans....its their fault for that 'faux baseball' that the UA put on the field tonight...if we get rid of those fans who aren't satisfied with getting our hineys handed to us by some obscure team from Rhode Island, all will be well

Blame the fans?  Get a clue.

N HOG

What did we miss?