Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White below the dam.

Started by Verge, May 15, 2013, 08:28:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Verge

Any tips for Saturday?

Jigs, spoons, live bait, not even bother.

rcopela

I was there about month ago, power bait tipped with wax worms tore em up that day, or just go buy the Big Damn Store and they will tell you what's been working

Buff

Quote from: rcopela on May 15, 2013, 10:51:40 am
or just go buy the Big Damn Store and they will tell you what's been working

Have never made the pilgrimage up there, but this has always worked for me in other places.

Verge

They don't like city slicker debit card boys like me at the dam store.

I'll wear my t-shirt and maybe get the hookup.

snoblind

Blowing up a night crawler always worked for me.

Hog_Swanson

I'm going with power bait this weekend.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

micali

Powerbait works well. When they don't bite I will throw something flashy.  That usually garners a strike.

Verge

I'm gonna try to float a fly. Never done it before, so why not.

Verge

My source said they were generating lots now... guess i'm praying for another drought :(

micali

Yes they did generate. I went early sat morning and the waters had receded about 10'. They must have had all generators rolling.  Fishing was nill.  One guy caught a few on a micro jig and wax worm.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Verge on May 17, 2013, 09:49:47 pm
My source said they were generating lots now... guess i'm praying for another drought :(
Any luck this weekend?  I caught nothing.  We were camped out from thursday til sunday.  There was more drinking than fishing going on.  Did anyone else get stopped by the ranger lady to fill out a comment card?  She was cute.

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Verge

Na I fooled around in eureka.

Gonna wait for lower water. I might be waiting for a long time.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Verge on May 22, 2013, 08:14:46 am
Na I fooled around in eureka.

Gonna wait for lower water. I might be waiting for a long time.
They generated a lot over the weekend.

Verge

Sucks, I need a boat I guess. From the bank it's hopeless.

snoblind

Quote from: Verge on May 24, 2013, 09:25:24 am

Only way I've caught fish there when they are seriously generating is from a boat.  Anchor below the islands and fish the eddies.  Even then it is best when the water is still rising.

Frank Simmons

Frank Simmons

Quote from: Verge on May 24, 2013, 09:25:24 am

You can only catch trout from a Supreme River Boat with a Loomis rod and Shimano reel with 4 lb. flourocarbon p-line.  It doesn't matter what you use on the end of the line.

MF

They have had no generation going on the last couple days, then cranking to 1 later.  We did alright this morning at White Hole.  It was a little slow, but brought home some dinner fish.

There were folks everywhere including a bunch coming off the bank on the low water.  With minimum flow coming out of the dam, those folks were wading well out into the channel.
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

snoblind

Been thinking about putting in at Houseman and working my way upriver.  Unless they are generating 2 or more usually Spider Creek is as far as I can go.  Anyone doing this?