Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is our 13-14 team set?

Started by -Blu, May 03, 2013, 06:53:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Now that we didn't get Seagers, anyone know if we have are targeting anyone else for this class or if there is any more of our guys that could possible request a transfer?  Also, What's the deal with Manny Watkins, has anyone actually confirmed he's got an offer and accepted it yet, haven't heard anything on that situation since the initial announcement he got an offer.  I'm hoping this class is done, I think we got enough to be competitive, I'd rather us save those 2 scholarships for 2014-2015.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: daSnake014 on May 03, 2013, 06:53:41 pm
Now that we didn't get Seagers, anyone know if we have are targeting anyone else for this class or if there is any more of our guys that could possible request a transfer?  Also, What's the deal with Manny Watkins, has anyone actually confirmed he's got an offer and accepted it yet, haven't heard anything on that situation since the initial announcement he got an offer.  I'm hoping this class is done, I think we got enough to be competitive, I'd rather us save those 2 scholarships for 2014-2015.
Watkins will be on the team according to another board (pay board) the announcement should come here soon.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

booogaga

I figure we pick up Watkins and that's it.

My worry this upcoming season is not PG it is SG. We have D. Wagner, Kiko Haydar, Ky Madden, Ricky Scott, M. Wade who can play point. But who do we have other than Anthlon Bell who is a shooter? Kiko?
GO HOGS!

-Blu

Quote from: booogaga on May 03, 2013, 07:08:03 pm
I figure we pick up Watkins and that's it.

My worry this upcoming season is not PG it is SG. We have D. Wagner, Kiko Haydar, Ky Madden, Ricky Scott, M. Wade who can play point. But who do we have other than Anthlon Bell who is a shooter? Kiko?

Wade, I Think we'll see something closer to the 11-12 version of him next year.  You don't just luck into shooting 48% from 3 point land with over 120 shots.

Porked Tongue

Hogimus Prime

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on May 03, 2013, 07:31:58 pm
Is he going to be on scholarship?
Not clear yet but like Porked Tongue said he will be on the team. If he is put on scholarship this season and then taken off next year would he still count towards the APR after he is off of a scholarship? I have asked this a few times but haven't gotten an answer yet. If the answer is yes then it would seem like it would be a no brainer to go ahead and put him on a scholarship this year.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Dogtown Donkey

I'd imagine we'll add Watkins and stop there unless a nice tranfer comes our way. Watkins, I would think, will stay on scholarship unless we need to make room.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on May 03, 2013, 07:41:26 pm
Not clear yet but like Porked Tongue said he will be on the team. If he is put on scholarship this season and then taken off next year would he still count towards the APR after he is off of a scholarship? I have asked this a few times but haven't gotten an answer yet. If the answer is yes then it would seem like it would be a no brainer to go ahead and put him on a scholarship this year.

I've had heard from a few more intelligent people than I that he would then count towards our APR... But I do not know that for sure

Whoopigsooie

Quote from: Porked Tongue on May 03, 2013, 07:19:25 pm
Watkins is for sure a Hog.

Is this mainly because his dad is an assistant at the YOU of A? I would hope we could get a kid with that type of connection.. lol

mhuff

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on May 03, 2013, 07:41:26 pm

I think he is a HOG no matter what. Probably just making sure there's not a couple of transfers out there before he gets a scholarship for a year.

mhuff

Quote from: daSnake014 on May 03, 2013, 06:53:41 pm

I am a bit more optimistic on our record next year than you are. I think we will be a lot better on defense that will translate into points. I believe Madden will feel the love and rise to the occasion. No one addressed your prognostication , so I will just say we will be better than last year. Bell will also be a big contributor by default since we didn't recruit anyone so far. Scott had better have a good year.

-Blu

Found a Ark Wings highlight video, shows off the 3 guys we have coming in.... Portis, Kingsley, Watkins.

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/player/videos.aspx?athleteid=66f0203c-ea44-4f00-bee0-0af1f291eed2&ssid=8f3d7615-5396-400f-a736-d120db2726b4&videoid=3d6b18fc-22ec-09bb-b3f5-c2edb525d60d

Also the Dayshawn watkins kid is crazy good, is there a reason he didn't at least get looked at by us?

ICEman

I think we will win a few more than 13 games next year. =)
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: daSnake014 on May 09, 2013, 10:36:03 pm
Found a Ark Wings highlight video, shows off the 3 guys we have coming in.... Portis, Kingsley, Watkins.

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/player/videos.aspx?athleteid=66f0203c-ea44-4f00-bee0-0af1f291eed2&ssid=8f3d7615-5396-400f-a736-d120db2726b4&videoid=3d6b18fc-22ec-09bb-b3f5-c2edb525d60d

Also the Dayshawn watkins kid is crazy good, is there a reason he didn't at least get looked at by us?

I don't know about all that. I've seen him play a bunch. He's good but I think he's good with where he's going (UAB). He's not all that quick or athletic (for what you'd expect for our system).