Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Network in 2019... Will You Have It?

Started by rhog1, May 01, 2013, 02:00:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInFlorida

Quote from: McKdaddy on July 31, 2014, 03:59:06 pm
It will.

How in the world can you know this? There isn't even a deal yet
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

moses_007

Well, Aug. 1 is tomorrow, and a number of Hogvillians have said they will switch to Dish if Direct hasn't announced the SEC Network by tomorrow.  Guess the mass exodus to Dish is coming.

McKdaddy

Quote from: HogInFlorida on July 31, 2014, 09:51:29 pm
How in the world can you know this? There isn't even a deal yet

Any provider of the SECN will have watchespn/espn 3 access (this was announced several months ago), whereas before that wasn't the case. Example: I had watchespn when I was w/ Cox. I switched to DTV roughly this time last year, but DTV didn't have watchespn agreement.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Augustus

Quote from: moses_007 on July 31, 2014, 10:19:08 pm
Well, Aug. 1 is tomorrow, and a number of Hogvillians have said they will switch to Dish if Direct hasn't announced the SEC Network by tomorrow.  Guess the mass exodus to Dish is coming.

I think several in the media threw out an "August 1st" date for DirecTV, and that sort of inspired the reported comments by DTV's CEO today.

I think it will get done, from everything I've read and from a discussion I had with a DTV rep (posted earlier in this thread)

Plus, from my own experience and observation, Direct is making a lot of promises for free hardware and/or programming discounts... just to keep customers from jumping ship until they can get it done.  Well, for those who call them.

MissippHog

Quote from: moses_007 on July 31, 2014, 10:19:08 pm
I'm calling them tomorrow if nothing has been announced by noon.

WILL CLINTON

There is no way it isn't getting done. I can't wait to sit back and watch all the football on Saturday, and then get to watch all the football on Sunday for free. As far as ESPN3, most people should have it with their internet subscription. I know Cox, Comcast, Resort, ATT have it, so most people who have internet should have it.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

moses_007

I seriously doubt the SEC Network will be on ESPN3 online.

McKdaddy

Quote from: moses_007 on August 01, 2014, 12:38:08 am
I seriously doubt the SEC Network will be on ESPN3 online.

To "some" extent it will be, I imagine in showing just games, not the rest of the nonsense.

Hawk

Does anyone have a clue how these 2 will work together? Will we be able to see the Hog games online this season?

I would appreciate any info any of you have! TIA

Hawk

OakTreeHawg

Resort TV Cable facebook page
July 24

"We are excited to announce the launch of a major sports network to our standard cable service on August 14 on Channel 79. Watch for a great 2014 football season."

Vague, but has to be good news for Hot Springs.  A reply to comments does not confirm it is SEC Network but does say Digital but not HD.  HD to come later.

Mick Hogger

I looked at my programming online and they already had me getting the Sunday Ticket for free and I called and he gave me the Max upgrade too. I told a friend of mine and he called in and they wouldn't budge on the Sunday Ticket. I'm guessing it's because I've had the ticket for over 6 years.

The rep I was talking to was talking didn't know a thing about the SEC Network. He acted like I was the first person to ask him about it. After putting me on hold he gave the standard spiel about it being in negotiations and should hear something soon.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

GlassofSwine

I read somewhere that the SEC games would still be available on WatchESPN.

TDHawgs

Driving into work today, I drove by three houses that had Dish vans by them, all installing Dish. I know I read on here that everyone was going to give DirecTV until August 1st before they switched, guess everyone wasn't joking.. lol 

Hog Fan from Camden

I received a letter/post card today from Comcast stating that the SEC Network launches 8/14/2014 on Xfinity.  I guess they came to an agreement!

http://www.mostlivesports.com/collegesports/

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: TDHawgs on August 01, 2014, 11:10:41 am
Driving into work today, I drove by three houses that had Dish vans by them, all installing Dish. I know I read on here that everyone was going to give DirecTV until August 1st before they switched, guess everyone wasn't joking.. lol

anyone with a dish van outside their house today switched a while ago
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

PonderinHog

Are we fixin' to git jacked?  No mention of price yet.

hawgwash

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 01, 2014, 03:21:50 pm
Are we fixin' to git jacked?  No mention of price yet.
I think mine said it will be part of my existing service.

GuvHog

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on August 01, 2014, 03:15:00 pm
anyone with a dish van outside their house today switched a while ago

True, Dish doesn't get in any hurry.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TMc

Heard on the radio it would cost 1.40 in SEC country.., I am an Xfinity customer - hopefully I'll have it Aug 14

Granny fan

Does anyone know if you can stream the games on your computer or tablet from the new SEC Network?

medloh

Yep.  You'll just need to give your cable provider info to ESPN sec network website just like espn3.
"We wish the B12 the best, and all that"

medloh

Only if your provider carries SEC network.
"We wish the B12 the best, and all that"

Hawk

My provider is Dish. The reason I ask is that when I pulled up "upcoming events" on ESPN3, the game isn't listed. I'm hoping that may be because the network doesn't crank up until the 14th. Just wasn't sure.

Between work and living in Louisiana, the computer is my most reliable way to follow the Hogs.

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Suddenlink deal will be officially announced next week.
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

Hogchick

I received an email and it said it wouldn't cost us any extra under our plan.

k.c.hawg

This sounds promising. Sounds like a deal is just about done. And if it does indeed bring Watch ESPN with it, that will be a grand slam. Couldn't give a rat's ass about the Longhorn Network but I guess it would allow me to watch some reruns of Longhorn losses.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/directv-reportedly-close-to-picking-up-sec-network.html
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

redrazorback64

Longhorn network will be great if Texas is losing. Last year I couldn't watch Ole Miss beat down the short horns because I couldn't get LH network.

McKdaddy

jabber71

When I signed up to dish in December for the hopper I got the following:
free install
free HD for life
1 $50 credit from a friend referral
1 IPAD
1 $200 prepaid mastercard.
SEC network
ESPN3

Now if your interested in signing up let me know I still have the $50 referral & $200 new customer code. Don't think they are offering a ipad now but will give you $30 off each month for  the 1st year.
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

MrKnowItAll

Football-loving astronaut gets NASA to set up SEC Network in space

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/astronaut-tennessee-tech-fan-barry-wilmore-sec-football-in-space-nasa-080314?cmpid=tsmfb%3Afscom%3Afoxsports

Because of his love for football, Wilmore had NASA arrange to provide the new SEC Network in the space station and plans to watch Tennessee Tech's games on the Internet.

"I don't watch a lot of sports --€” my wife might not agree with that -- but I do like to watch football, the SEC Game of the Week, and I try to catch Tech every chance I get," Wilmore said.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  23m

If you live in Mississippi and are getting/going to get C Spire Fiber to the Home, you'll get the SEC Network. Announced today.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

arkansasrazorback

I have been told that Directv and ESPN have agreed on rates for the SEC Network.  It was expected.  Should be announced soon (by soon I mean this week).

razorsharptusk

Quote from: TDHawgs on July 31, 2014, 03:45:33 pm
I don't have anything against DirecTV, had them since they first came out, but I went and switched over to Dish to get that free iPad offer last year. It was the best thing I ever did. Love Dish way better!!

Same here.  12 year customer of DirecTV and glad I made the switch to Dish. I got tired of the waiting game on the SEC Network.   I'm really liking the Dish Anywhere app as well. It is going to come in handy when I can't get to the tube to watch the game.   
GO HOGS!!

BorderPatrol

Quote from: razorsharptusk on August 04, 2014, 12:47:41 pm
Same here.  12 year customer of DirecTV and glad I made the switch to Dish. I got tired of the waiting game on the SEC Network.   I'm really liking the Dish Anywhere app as well. It is going to come in handy when I can't get to the tube to watch the game.   

But, you are still playing the waiting game....

bp

cutehog48

What about Suddenlink cable? Any news yet?

rhog1

From the insider on Satelliteguys the deal is going to be announced by Thursday. Says he has seen the internal documents and the transponder number. Looks like it should be official by the end of the week.

ricepig

Quote from: cutehog48 on August 04, 2014, 12:56:58 pm
What about Suddenlink cable? Any news yet?
Suddenlink, #SECNetwork agreement reached. Thanks for everyone's patience. Stay tuned for more. http://t.co/ZSFJejoJXH

rhog1

Ray Zor

Quote from: rhog1 on August 04, 2014, 01:03:41 pm
From the insider on Satelliteguys the deal is going to be announced by Thursday. Says he has seen the internal documents and the transponder number. Looks like it should be official by the end of the week.

Are you referring to DirecTv?
GO HOGS

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: rhog1 on August 04, 2014, 01:03:41 pm

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/sec-network-begins-major-commercial-launch-what-about-directv.335494/page-26

rhog1

All Bleed Red

Ok, according to him Directv will announce agreement this week (Wednesday or Thursday) and the SEC Network will be available for customers starting August 14.  That's Great News!!

From Scott Greczkowski:  "I have heard the announcement will be on Wednesday... then I heard from two other sources its coming on Thursday. I am also being told that the channel will be uplinked and tested on the 7th at well. (But not made available to customers until the 14th)

Again I am only reporting what I am hearing... no need to make anything up. :D"

Ray Zor

Quote from: All Bleed Red on August 04, 2014, 01:58:43 pm
Ok, according to him Directv will announce agreement this week (Wednesday or Thursday) and the SEC Network will be available for customers starting August 14.  That's Great News!!

From Scott Greczkowski:  "I have heard the announcement will be on Wednesday... then I heard from two other sources its coming on Thursday. I am also being told that the channel will be uplinked and tested on the 7th at well. (But not made available to customers until the 14th)

Again I am only reporting what I am hearing... no need to make anything up. :D"

Sounds better than anything I've heard so far. Thanks
GO HOGS

SONofHAM

Clay Travis ‏@ClayTravisBGID 1m

Directv will carry @secnetwork. Announcement shortly.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Ray Zor

GO HOGS

ADavisTheGOAT

Thank you Football Gods.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on August 04, 2014, 04:52:19 pm
Thank you Football Gods.

I couldn't agree more. Now all we are waiting for is to find out which channel it'll be on.

Thank you Directv!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!