Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Network in 2019... Will You Have It?

Started by rhog1, May 01, 2013, 02:00:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1 hog n eldo

I just hope they get something done before we play auburn!

McKdaddy

Charge me extra, don't charge extra...whatever, just get it done.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

PygmalionEffect

I think it's good that some people still subscribe to Direct TV, otherwise if Dish Network got a large enough share of the satellite business, they might be encouraged to increase prices more.

All of us Dish Network customers appreciate you Direct TV guys for

"taking one for the team"
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

MissippHog

Quote from: McKdaddy on July 10, 2014, 04:32:13 pm
Charge me extra, don't charge extra...whatever, just get it done.
Yep

moses_007

Since DirecTV is or will soon belong to AT&T, it shouldn't be a problem since it's already scheduled to be on AT&T U-Verse.

bulldog04

Quote from: moses_007 on July 10, 2014, 07:08:01 pm
Since DirecTV is or will soon belong to AT&T, it shouldn't be a problem since it's already scheduled to be on AT&T U-Verse.
I talked to a directTV customer service rep about this yesterday and he said the same channels would be seen on direct as AT&T and vice versa.  Problem is the merger wouldn't be finalized until March 2015 which doesn't help us now.

gibby

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on July 10, 2014, 05:20:51 pm
I think it's good that some people still subscribe to Direct TV, otherwise if Dish Network got a large enough share of the satellite business, they might be encouraged to increase prices more.

As long as DirecTV has the exclusive contract for NFL Sunday Ticket and the MLB Package, I'm staying put.  But you're welcome.

goodguytex

Does anyone know when the official launch nd air date if the SEC network is?

The_Bionic_Pig

I miss G4 tv and I hate that Dish stopped broadcasting Voom network (Monsters HD, Anamania HD & Kung Fu HD) I watched those particular channels religiously! !

The Gator fan's down here are getting antsy as am I being with Directv
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

bulldog04

Quote from: goodguytex on July 10, 2014, 07:26:20 pm
Does anyone know when the official launch nd air date if the SEC network is?
8/14/14

Bogustus

DirecTV  20.3 million subscribers
Dish Network  14.1 million subscribers

No doubt in my mind that DirecTV will have SEC Network at launch. Only reason Dish already has contract in place is because their contract expired before DirecTVs contract so they renegotiated earlier.

I think us DirecTV subscribers will be fine.

Jafo

Quote from: Bogustus on July 10, 2014, 08:58:50 pm
DirecTV  20.3 million subscribers
Dish Network  14.1 million subscribers

No doubt in my mind that DirecTV will have SEC Network at launch. Only reason Dish already has contract in place is because their contract expired before DirecTVs contract so they renegotiated earlier.

I think us DirecTV subscribers will be fine.
Yes, I doubt very much that Direct wants to give any kind of advantage to their competitors.

Wild Bill Hog

Agreed.

jmingram911

Thanks for the info!! Helpful for us DirecTV!!

Noonan

Quote from: rhog1 on July 10, 2014, 04:13:50 pm
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2014/07/10/sec-network-directv/12474205/

"We're in the middle of productive discussions with Disney over ESPN's new SEC Network and hope to be able to provide it as soon as we possibly can," the undated statement reads. "Both DirecTV and Disney understand and appreciate the unique bond between SEC teams and the communities they represent, many of which lack any professional teams. We are working cooperatively to ensure that everyone can still see their favorite SEC team play at the most reasonable value to all SEC fans and the rest of our customers throughout the Southeast."

Many teams, leagues and conferences will deny their most loyal fans access to games in order to get everyone — whether you're a fan or not — to pay the soaring price of admission," DirecTV writes. "Every TV viewer should have a choice: Fans should have access to the games they want, and viewers with no interest in sports should not have to pay for what they don't want."

Still sounds like Directv is trying to get it in a separate sports package, while Disney wants it in most basic packages.

I find it humorous that when they don't want to eat the price of a sports package that is highly desirable they are "fighting for for our right to only pay for what we want to watch",  but when I have to buy a package of 15 channels to get one that I actually want, they are "responding to market demand"  Two face hypocrites.

I've had DTV for 14 years.  I won't make it to 15 if they don't stop spewing garbage and get the deal done for SEC Network. 

bruisemeister

I agree. They will probably put it in their most expensive package. I hate that practice
I was paying $30 less to my local cable company for more channels. I was a sucker to their cheaper than cable ad. I guess I will have to listen on the radio or go to a sports bar if its not in the package I'm currently with.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Currently being carried by:
AT&T
COX
dish
Google Fiber

COMCAST is in talks
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/sec_network_coming_to_comcast.html

Directv is in talks
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2014/07/10/sec-network-directv/12474205/

It does not go on air till Aug, so there is still time to make yourself heard.

http://getsecnetwork.com/
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 11, 2014, 08:19:05 am
http://getsecnetwork.com/

that link is pretty hardcore... Demand it Now!  and oh by the way here are 3 providers in your area who are already signed up, and here is how to switch

Al Boarland

Any Verizon FIOS news?

Boston RedHogs

I'm laughing at those knee-jerk reacting to the fact that there isn't a deal in place yet with DirecTV and the SEC-N by switching their service.

There will be a deal reached and even if it comes as a premium add-on that you don't want to pay for, the amount you're going to spend to cancel your DirecTV contract/establish new provider/etc. is probably going to outweigh the few dollars a month the SEC-N would cost.  You're not going to net out much differently

The 2 sides will reach an agreement.  Have some patience and take a few deep breaths.

GuvHog

July 11, 2014, 09:24:30 am #621 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:57:15 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: bruisemeister on July 11, 2014, 12:14:40 am
I agree. They will probably put it in their most expensive package. I hate that practice
I was paying $30 less to my local cable company for more channels. I was a sucker to their cheaper than cable ad. I guess I will have to listen on the radio or go to a sports bar if its not in the package I'm currently with.

My guess is they'll put it next to the Big 10 network either in the sports pack (600's) or close to ESPN (lower 200's). ESPN wants the latter of the 2.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

John Futrall

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 11, 2014, 08:54:58 am
Any Verizon FIOS news?

"The SEC Network is currently scheduled to be available to customers of Dish Network, [Cox], Google Fiber, AT&T U-Verse and assorted smaller carriage providers throughout the region (Comcast is not a done deal yet, but expected to be finalized before launch; Verizon FIOS should not be far behind either). The SEC Network still has to get by the DirecTV hurdle, but there is still time to sort out that one"

Lanny

Thanks for the updates
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Wildhog

ConwayCorp says they'll have it Aug 14.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tequilin' Time

Cablevision (NE regional) =   Doom, despair and agony on me.  Deep dark depression, excessive misery.

It's been nice the last few years,  gladly pay for gameplan and never miss a game.   OH WELL

Pork Twain

Still early to be swtiching providers.

monty hawg

Received email from WOW/Knology CEO stating that they are in final negotiations and plan to carry the SEC network

Pork Twain

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/09/sec-network-on-pace-for-solid-debut/

The SEC Network is currently scheduled to be available to customers of Dish Network, Google Fiber, AT&T U-Verse and assorted smaller carriage providers throughout the region (Comcast is not a done deal yet, but expected to be finalized before launch; Verizon FIOS should not be far behind either). The SEC Network still has to get by the DirecTV hurdle, but there is still time to sort out that one.

Pork Twain

Email I received after submitting a request at the http://getsecnetwork.com/ link.  Positive this is a canned email for each team, but here it is.

Dear Jimmy,

On behalf of my entire staff, I'd like to thank you for your commitment to the SEC Network.

With you on board, there is no doubt in my mind that we can do something really special here. We have all the ingredients to be the best in the country. We're talking 1,000 exclusive live events, 45 football games, 160 basketball games, 75 baseball games, 50 softball games and 24/7 coverage of all SEC sports.

However, we can't rest on talent alone. We've got to keep the momentum going. Your TV provider may not currently carry the SEC Network. Which is why we need good people like yourself to call, email and tweet at them saying you want the SEC Network and you refuse to miss out on all the action.

We also need you to spread the word. The more people who join our recruiting class, the greater chance we have of getting your TV provider to carry the SEC Network. So tell your friends, tell your bus driver, tell your grandma, tell your grandma's bridge partner. Tell everyone you have ever encountered in your entire life to follow your lead and commit to the SEC Network. Or take matters into your own hands by calling Comcast XFINITY at 800-266-2278 to demand the SEC Network.

Thank you, and I look forward to getting that remote in your hand.

Pig Sooie!
Bret Bielema
Head Football Coach, University of Arkansas

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on July 11, 2014, 09:02:23 am
I'm laughing at those knee-jerk reacting to the fact that there isn't a deal in place yet with DirecTV and the SEC-N by switching their service.

There will be a deal reached and even if it comes as a premium add-on that you don't want to pay for, the amount you're going to spend to cancel your DirecTV contract/establish new provider/etc. is probably going to outweigh the few dollars a month the SEC-N would cost.  You're not going to net out much differently

The 2 sides will reach an agreement.  Have some patience and take a few deep breaths.

I laud those who take advantage of the situation by seizing on the promotional offers that carriers already on board with SECN are offering.
[CENSORED]!

hogman99

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2014, 09:32:47 am
ConwayCorp says they'll have it Aug 14.

I hope this is true!!

wholehog92

8/1/14 is my switch date if agreement isn't reached.  I completed my contract with direct years ago.  No cost at all to switch.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  23m

SEC 'optimistic' more cable, satellite agreements coming soon for @SECNetwork http://ow.ly/z3F5z

QuoteThe unofficial kickoff to the football season is Monday at SEC Media Days, and the conference could have more news regarding the launch of its television network next week.

Monday marks the one-month countdown for the SEC Network, which will hit airwaves Aug. 14. Distrubition (sic) deals have been secured with three national distrubitors (sic) -- AT&T U-Verse, DISH Network and Google Fiber -- and the first regional cable provider, Cox, was secured Wednesday.

Comcast could be the next provider to officially jump on board. Fox Sports reports Comcast, which has 22.6 million subscribers, is "working out the final details" with ESPN and an agreement is expected to be reached soon.

Charter Communications, a cable provider spread throughout Alabama, is in active discussions with ESPN. The nation's fourth-largest cable provider is distributed to 5.7 million homes.

DirecTV, which is distributed to 20 million homes, announced Thursday it is "in the middle of productive discussions" with ESPN and has hopes to provide the SEC Network "as soon as we possibly can."

Securing Comcast and DirecTV would give the SEC Network distribution in more than 60 million homes.

The SEC Network will launch at 5 p.m. CT on Aug. 14 with its studio show, "SEC Now." The network will broadcast 45 football games in the fall, and 560 digital broadcasts will be provided online via the SEC Network's website and the watchESPN app. Classic football games dating back to the 1960s will also be available on the network.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Swine Superior

Uh,Cool story there Bro...but the truth is..

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-cable-firms-to-lose-customers-to-phone-and-satellite-tv-20140603-story.html

Tortfeasor

DirecTv > Dish even without SEC Network.

GuvHog

Quote from: Tortfeasor on July 12, 2014, 09:22:25 am
DirecTv > Dish even without SEC Network.

......And it ain't even close.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 11, 2014, 09:58:38 am
Email I received after submitting a request at the http://getsecnetwork.com/ link.  Positive this is a canned email for each team, but here it is.

Dear Jimmy,

On behalf of my entire staff, I'd like to thank you for your commitment to the SEC Network.

With you on board, there is no doubt in my mind that we can do something really special here. We have all the ingredients to be the best in the country. We're talking 1,000 exclusive live events, 45 football games, 160 basketball games, 75 baseball games, 50 softball games and 24/7 coverage of all SEC sports.

However, we can't rest on talent alone. We've got to keep the momentum going. Your TV provider may not currently carry the SEC Network. Which is why we need good people like yourself to call, email and tweet at them saying you want the SEC Network and you refuse to miss out on all the action.

We also need you to spread the word. The more people who join our recruiting class, the greater chance we have of getting your TV provider to carry the SEC Network. So tell your friends, tell your bus driver, tell your grandma, tell your grandma's bridge partner. Tell everyone you have ever encountered in your entire life to follow your lead and commit to the SEC Network. Or take matters into your own hands by calling Comcast XFINITY at 800-266-2278 to demand the SEC Network.

Thank you, and I look forward to getting that remote in your hand.

Pig Sooie!
Bret Bielema
Head Football Coach, University of Arkansas

It is canned, I got the same thing about a month ago when I signed on/gave them my info
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

bulldog04

There will be a lot of people that will have both Direct and dish because of Sunday Ticket.  I'm not going to pay for two satellite providers.  8/1 is the day I call dish and I've been with direct for 4 years.

PygmalionEffect

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

lechon

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on July 10, 2014, 07:39:43 pm
I miss G4 tv and I hate that Dish stopped broadcasting Voom network (Monsters HD, Anamania HD & Kung Fu HD) I watched those particular channels religiously! !

The Gator fan's down here are getting antsy as am I being with Directv

No need to lie, I miss G4 for the ladies also.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

lefty08

Quote from: bulldog04 on July 12, 2014, 02:43:54 pm
There will be a lot of people that will have both Direct and dish because of Sunday Ticket.  I'm not going to pay for two satellite providers.  8/1 is the day I call dish and I've been with direct for 4 years.

might wanna make that 8/2. im expecting an announcement from directv on 8/1. jump too soon and u will be stuck with second best as far as tv goes
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hog.goblin

Hanging on patiently with directv.  Not sure I could go back to Cox at this point.  Don't want to give up the nfl network and game plan either.

jbcarol

Gene Henley @genehenleytfp  ·  Jul 11
EPB, Comcast nearing deals with SEC Network (by @davidspaschall) | Times Free Press http://timesfreepress.com/news/2014/jul/11/epb-comcast-nearing-deals-with-sec-network/?sports ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

moses_007

Well, I had Dish for 4 years and DirecTv for over a year now, and I can't see a dime's worth of difference in them.  Direct costs more...........

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: moses_007 on July 13, 2014, 12:34:40 am
Well, I had Dish for 4 years and DirecTv for over a year now, and I can't see a dime's worth of difference in them.  Direct costs more...........

I've never had Direct Tv but we're very pleased with Dish.  Don't know what DTv could offer that would make them > than Dish.  Besides.....which one has the SEC net?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

lefty08

You probably won't have a problem with dish until your 3rd or 4th year and your equipment gets out of date and doesnt work properly. Thats when theybwill refuse to replace it without a huge charge while offering your same service to a "new" customer for a third of what u pay. Come to think.of it they all may work the same. Ive had directv for years now and from my experience I assure you its a better company.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pulled(PP)pork

more channels=more money

PP

Theolesnort

Zackly, when Guv sez sumun just go opposite to it. You will never lose that away. If you carry tablets with you, Dish is the way to go.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

rihog

I work directly for Dish. I find this thread interesting. Now I'm not here to tell you which service is better because I can't tell you that. Every situation is different. But what I can tell you is this:
There is a lot of talk in the industry that Direct is thinking about giving up the Sunday Ticket. It cost them too much money to remain competitive. So they are exploring their options, one group thinks that Google is positioning themselves to take over Sunday ticket and offering it through YouTube. The technology is there, you'd have to subscribe, to that particular channel and would be charged a fee. Additionally, they would offer an ala carte option, where you could purchase a per game or per team type of option.
There has been some talk about Direct partnering with some other entity to help subsidize the cost. Because in reality, even if you have Direct and don't have the Sunday ticket, you're still paying for it. It's tied up in their carriage fees. But if you do a little research on the internet, you can find the breakdown.
In regard to the sec network, it's far from a done deal. Ask anyone that wanted the pac12 network on direct. Seriously, you might not see it on Direct, because they'd have to raise prices again. That's the same reason, that they've yet to carry the pac12 network.
Our biggest strength is that we don't have any weaknesses;
Our biggest weakness is that we don't have any strengths. -J. Frank Broyles