Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

They are biting - in the wrong places

Started by twistitup, April 18, 2013, 12:06:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

fishinghawgs

Thank you twist you may have saved future generations.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Well, the old swimming pool sounds a little better than the lakes for awhile. Think I will wait around & see how this plays out.  Probably a false alarm.......

But, according to the article.... the biologists did say the fish dines on plants &..."Nuts" 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Verge

Yea pacu don't eat meat... very unlikely they ate somebodys balls off. Not sure why they are making such a big deal out of finding one in a lake, you can buy them at any pet store.

twistitup

Quote from: Verge on April 23, 2013, 08:28:24 am
Yea pacu don't eat meat... very unlikely they ate somebodys balls off. Not sure why they are making such a big deal out of finding one in a lake, you can buy them at any pet store.

How about Hogville chip in, dig a pond, stock it w pacu, let them grow...then you can test your theory. We can track the progress here on the 'vile. When you swim we can stream it live-- cool?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

japhog

there have been a few caught in Arkansas:

There have been several reports of single pacus taken in Arkansas including one specimen taken from Lake Valencia, Maumelle in Pulaski County in June, 1995 (T. Horton, personal communication); a single specimen collected in June 1992 from the Arkansas River near Little Rock in 1992 (Wright 1995b); one taken from Lakewood Lake #1 in 1995 (Anonymous 2004); and another from Beaver Reservoir in the early 1990s (Wright 1995b)

Verge

Quote from: japhog on June 28, 2013, 12:10:44 pm
there have been a few caught in Arkansas:

There have been several reports of single pacus taken in Arkansas including one specimen taken from Lake Valencia, Maumelle in Pulaski County in June, 1995 (T. Horton, personal communication); a single specimen collected in June 1992 from the Arkansas River near Little Rock in 1992 (Wright 1995b); one taken from Lakewood Lake #1 in 1995 (Anonymous 2004); and another from Beaver Reservoir in the early 1990s (Wright 1995b)

Have to be freshly released or way down south. Winter will kill them in most of the state.

Dumbarses letting them go is why they banned piranha in AR. I'm bitter over that.

ATU HOG

I'm the kind of person that doesn't really worry about what's swimming below me in the lake.  If I can't see it, it cant see me  ;)