Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ITS OFFICIAL: Mitch Mustain Documentary being narrated by Nolan Richardson....

Started by Est. 1981, April 18, 2013, 09:53:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mikeindallas on April 27, 2013, 10:39:17 am
you really think i'm danny nutt?

let's see i was a stock broker in little rock for 15 years, in 2000 i went to work for blue cross blue sheild, and 2004 axciom, who moved me to phoenix and then chicagoland, and then back to phoenix, until 2011 when i accepted a job with a competitor who moved me to dallas now short of my 1040 i dont know more you could want

other than to kiss my .....

i'm not danny nutt couldn't afford the pay cut son

everybody on the political board knows i'm mikeindallas evil 2%'er rich guy

I have no idea who you are. Others who should be "in the know" have said you were related, and that is more than one.

And if you wanted to display your _ _ _ , kissing it isn't one of the things I had in mind, more like burying my size 12 where the sun doesn't shine.
Go Hogs Go!

Porked Tongue

Quote from: steefhog on April 27, 2013, 10:35:02 am
However...those that are sick of it...don't have to click the thread.
Whether I click on it or comment on it doesn't change the impact or the fact it's recycled news.  Every principal player is long gone from the UA.

I however as a lifelong UA fan like living in the present tense.

Sivad

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 27, 2013, 11:19:14 am
... the fact it's recycled news. 
Every principal player is long gone from the UA.
Yes, but it still gives ole Nolan one more public chance to bash and hate on the UA and Broyles.
And to his discredit, he jumped right in.

Steef

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 27, 2013, 11:19:14 am
Whether I click on it or comment on it doesn't change the impact or the fact it's recycled news.  Every principal player is long gone from the UA.

I however as a lifelong UA fan like living in the present tense.

Well golly. Then those of us who still remember, must not be good fans. Thanks for the tip.

Again, those who do not learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it. And we were well on our way to doing that again.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: steefhog on April 27, 2013, 12:21:00 pm
Well golly. Then those of us who still remember, must not be good fans. Thanks for the tip.

Again, those who do not learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it. And we were well on our way to doing that again.
Who said you were a bad fan?  Geez.

What exactly will be repeated?

Theolesnort

Quote from: steefhog on April 27, 2013, 10:35:02 am
Your first two lines are absolutely true.

However...those that are sick of it...don't have to click the thread.

Kinda like me and a Shields thread.   ;D
Some of us wants some justice, a tell all book would be nice. Don't let Mike fool you he is in the know on one side of the fence.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Porkatarian

Quote from: mikeindallas on April 27, 2013, 10:31:40 am
bingo that's been my point all along it's over, i was prepared just like everybody else to welcome in the mitch mustain era, but i'm glad i got to enjoy the ryan mallett petrino era instead

during that entire time people would post things like

when mitch is lighting it up at usc you'll be....

when mitch goes pro like matt cassel you'll be......

did any one ever think the reality would be

when mitch is riding the pine for the sabercats you'll be.....

DNutt, you never quit do you?  Let me guess, you're going to have "Sis" write Mitch another letter.  It's almost criminal what you and your twice fired brother did to assassinate the character of good people during your time at the UA.

I'm glad people are seeing your's and Hooten's (as you call him) real colors.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

OldCoot

I thought Mitch was playing baseball.  What happened to that?  I don't understand why he doesn't get into coaching; he's obviously got the brain for it and he loves football.  Why doesn't Malazahn hire him and give him a shot to be an assistant coach?  I think Gus should at least do that for Mitch, don't you think?

Oklahawg

Missing, I think, is any suggestion that an 18-19 year old might...just might...have their drive to excel affected by what has happened. I suppose no one on here has ever had their passion sucked from them. Never had a girlfriend/wife dump them. Worse, dump them after dragging their name through the mud. Think that you can avoid carrying that with you?

That Mitch never had a stellar college career at USC doesn't surprise me. I'm surprised he was able to compete at all after what he had been through.

This situation underscores the power vacuum in the BAC. Coaches are fired for such things following "internal investigations".

I have never had a bit of remorse about posting snarky comments about Danny Nutt and his personal troubles. I figure his health issues are examples of karma biting his ass for his role in all of this. I'm sure they have Sonic Drive-Ins in Dallas, and I hope someone pees in his freeze every time he visits.

As for Steef, Porked, and Muskogee's debate - all of you are correct. There IS a risk that the situation recurs if we don't figure out how to prevent it. But, until the environment that gave way to this reappears - and that would require Jeff Long being here a few more decades and beginning to lose interest in oversight - then I don't think we have as much to worry about. Sweetie on the Harley reminds us that a lot of secrets can be kept, but once the secret is out functional leadership will do SOMETHING (even if we disagree on the right/wrong of the SOMETHING).

Sounds like Mike in Dallas is getting what he deserves in this thread. Too bad it's not enough to payback the lives of teenagers affected by the Nutt's poor judgement.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hogbeaver on April 27, 2013, 02:21:49 pm
I thought Mitch was playing baseball.  What happened to that?  I don't understand why he doesn't get into coaching; he's obviously got the brain for it and he loves football.  Why doesn't Malazahn hire him and give him a shot to be an assistant coach?  I think Gus should at least do that for Mitch, don't you think?

I would bet Malzahn wants to distance himself as far as possible from Mustain. That is a story that could haunt him if the right journalists were asking the questions on a daily basis. Plus, I see nothing that suggests Mitch wants anything to do with Gus, even if it meant access to a college coaching career.

No one seems to mention a telling fact about Gus' career: he got a really late start as a college coach. Most college coaches are doing so by their 3rd-4th year in coaching. That Gus spent so many years as a prep coach is highly unusual.

Gus had to be aggressively opportunistic. Easy to see from the outside, but probably tough to see if you are a player involved with Gus as your coach, current or prospective.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Mike Irwin

Mitch has no desire to coach. He majored in International Studies at USC. I would not be shocked to see him working outside the country some day. Probably figures that in Europe or Japan nobody would know anything about Nutt, Malzahn, the Springdale 5, code red or any of that stuff.

OldCoot

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 27, 2013, 05:17:14 pm
Mitch has no desire to coach. He majored in International Studies at USC. I would not be shocked to see him working outside the country some day. Probably figures that in Europe or Japan nobody would know anything about Nutt, Malzahn, the Springdale 5, code red or any of that stuff.

Seriously, don't you think he's over all that by now?  I would imagine it is more in our minds than his.  Can you remember when you were 18 and then 25?  You don't even feel like the same person anymore.

Matt Mustain

He was playing baseball, and he enjoyed the opportunity. Had a chance to go back this year but decided he'd rather give football another shot. He doesn't want to coach. He's seen a lot of different coaching styles throughout college. He understands the game. He just doesn't want anything to do with coaching. He's 25, has nothing tying him down, he's doing what most guys can only dream of doing. What's wrong with that?

You guys need to calm down. No, he wasn't a superstar in college. He did, however, receive a $250,000 education. He's been all over the county, met a lot of people, experienced things most people only dream of. I guess he could have sat on the couch and dreamed of playing on Saturdays and criticized 18-22 year olds while using an anonymous screen name, but he didn't.

Could things have been different for him? Absolutely. Did he make some mistakes? Yes, as I'm sure most of us have. Does he live in the past and regret? Absolutely not. If you don't like him, don't click on the threads with his name in the title just to spew your hatred.

Fight On!

Porked Tongue

Solid.  Seems that at least he has moved on.

Wish everyone would.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Hogbeaver on April 27, 2013, 05:27:41 pm
Seriously, don't you think he's over all that by now?  I would imagine it is more in our minds than his.  Can you remember when you were 18 and then 25?  You don't even feel like the same person anymore.
I think he's over it but I don't think he's been able to get away from it.

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: Matt Mustain on April 27, 2013, 05:30:24 pm
He was playing baseball, and he enjoyed the opportunity. Had a chance to go back this year but decided he'd rather give football another shot. He doesn't want to coach. He's seen a lot of different coaching styles throughout college. He understands the game. He just doesn't want anything to do with coaching. He's 25, has nothing tying him down, he's doing what most guys can only dream of doing. What's wrong with that?

You guys need to calm down. No, he wasn't a superstar in college. He did, however, receive a $250,000 education. He's been all over the county, met a lot of people, experienced things most people only dream of. I guess he could have sat on the couch and dreamed of playing on Saturdays and criticized 18-22 year olds while using an anonymous screen name, but he didn't.

Could things have been different for him? Absolutely. Did he make some mistakes? Yes, as I'm sure most of us have. Does he live in the past and regret? Absolutely not. If you don't like him, don't click on the threads with his name in the title just to spew your hatred.

Fight On!

+1000
Thanks
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Sivad

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Matt Mustain on April 27, 2013, 05:30:24 pm

Fight On!

Amen!
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs