Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anything new on the Walther firearms factory

Started by pigture perfect, March 29, 2013, 03:56:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

That is supposed to come to Ft. Smith? I am looking to buy one of the first editions from there.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

johnny cash

pigture perfect

Thanks Scott. Could you keep us updated as to when things go to production.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

woodrow hog call

If anyone in the area needs a job, they might look into this, you won't find a better person to work for than the CEO they have down there.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

95_alum

I would love it if Beretta/Benelli/Stoeger moved their plants to Arkansas now that they're leaving Maryland.

pigture perfect

With the western history of Ft. Smith, it would seem a natural fit for the gun companies to move there. Talk about middle America and easy logistics.

Razorback7281

There seems to be an arms race (pun intended) by states that respect 2nd amendment rights to attract manufacturers. 

"The move by Colt Competition into Breckenridge comes as the CEO of Colt Manufacturing in Connecticut has said there will soon be few good answers to keep his company in the state. Connecticut passed some of the nation's most restrictive gun laws this week.

It also comes weeks after Governor Rick Perry reportedly sent letters to gun companies, encouraging them to move to Texas. Perry sent a message on Twitter to Colorado company Magpul as recently as March 21, saying "Come on Down to Texas." The Governor's office did not confirm Friday if it had sent a recruitment letter to Colt Competition."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/05/firearms-company-relocating-to-north-texas/
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 08, 2013, 02:50:44 pm
With the western history of Ft. Smith, it would seem a natural fit for the gun companies to move there. Talk about middle America and easy logistics.

If they would get  I49 finished up we would be sitting on a major intersection of the country.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

pigture perfect

pigture perfect

The new Walthers made the cover of this months Guns and Ammo. Ft. Smith Ar. proudly displayed. Haven't seen them in Stores yet though. They got good reviews.

arkmark

The new Fort Smith Walther center is currently operating as the US distribution center as well as processing all North American warranty and repair requests.  I frequent a Walther owners site that has had connections to FS Walther employees and there has be no conversation about manufacturing at any time soon.  Walthers continue to come from Germany and continue to be backlogged to the demand.  Warrenty and repair is backlogged due to the scant availability of parts from Walther Germany.  Walthers are appearing in big box stores and some LGS but at a trickle as do some accessories.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.