Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MLB 2013

Started by GolfNut57, March 26, 2013, 08:25:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

Alrighty..........let's see dem picks for the MLB season. Who wins and who.....well.....let's just see the winners.  :D
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

bsking

Nats
Reds
Dodgers
Braves
Giants

Rays
Tigers
Angels
Orioles
Blue Jays

Nats over Angels in the WS.

ucahogfan

Nats
Reds
Dodgers
Braves
Giants

Jays
Tigers
Angels
Rays
Orioles

Nats over Jays in WS

pigture perfect

The only certain thing is that the Cubs won't win it. They will find a way to screw it up and make excuses for it.

I like what the Jays did in the off-season, or maybe I hate it. I can't root for a Canadian team playing America's game.

The Reds will be tough in the NL Central and the Dodgers in the West. I don't expect the Phillies to have as bad a year as last.

Yanks, Tigers and Rangers in the AL.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ucahogfan

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 26, 2013, 09:10:11 pm
Yanks, Tigers and Rangers in the AL.
The Yanks will be lucky to finish higher than 3rd in the East this season.  They have more money tied up in players on the DL than about half the teams pay their rosters period.  Add in the fact that the other 4 teams all have a chance to win the division, it isn't a good recipe for success.  Heck, they had to trade for Vernon Wells to start in the OF at the beginning of the year.

And the Phillies are getting real old real fast.  Halladay has struggled this spring and has seen some dropoff the last couple of years.  With the Braves and Nats in the same division, they really have to stay healthy.

The Angels have 3 of the top 5 hitters in the game.  They will be tough to beat.

bsking

The AL East this year is probably the best division I have ever seen.

pigture perfect

I'm not lucky enough to have the Yankee's not make the playoffs.

Braves might be a wild card, but Nats and Phillies just look better to me. I know Phillies are getting old, but when healthy, they have a good chemistry

Don't count on AP to play much for the Halo's.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

Quote from: bsking on March 26, 2013, 09:25:54 pm
The AL East this year is probably the best division I have ever seen.
This is true. I would love for the O's to win it. They have been underdogs for so long. Would love to see someone else besides the Yanks and Sox.

HROHog

I'll go with the Orioles in the AL, and the Nats in the NL, with the O's winning it all. That said I think there are several teams, especially in the AL, you could put in a hat and have about as much luck picking a winner.

ucahogfan

Quote from: HROHog on March 27, 2013, 11:25:01 am
I'll go with the Orioles in the AL, and the Nats in the NL, with the O's winning it all. That said I think there are several teams, especially in the AL, you could put in a hat and have about as much luck picking a winner.
If the Orioles call up both Bundy and Gausman this season, I could see that happening.  They have below average starting pitching right now and that will come back to bite them, but have 2 of maybe 5-6 pitchers in the minors who are catergorized as true "aces".

pigture perfect

I think KC may have an interesting year. They have had a good farm system for several years. Maybe they have kept enough to be a .500 team. I think every Royals fan would be happy with that.

pigture perfect

Cincy looks awesome this year. I really don't see a weakness. This could be the return of the Big Red Machine. They just looked better than the Washington Nats. That's saying something.

clutch

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 26, 2013, 09:06:29 pm
Nats
Reds
Dodgers
Braves
Giants

Jays
Tigers
Angels
Rays
Orioles

Nats over Jays in WS

I think this is a pretty good list. I think the Rangers will be in there somewhere though. Either over the Orioles or Rays.

Cincy and Tigers in the WS. Tigers win it all.

It was sure hard for me to put the Braves in over the Cardinals, but as bad as I hate it, I just don't see them being that good this year. We've been extremely lucky the past few years. That luck is bound to run out.

Also I could see a rematch of last years WS happening if the Giants rotation pitches up the their potential.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

As a Yankee fan I have a feeling it could be a very long year.  AL East is truly a beast this year.  Agree with above poster.  Top to bottom best division I have ever seen and its not even close.

Yankees could very well finish dead last in the east, but !!!!!  They just might find a way. Go Yankees! Box Seats Suck!!!
Let's make some waves.

pigture perfect

After 10 days, my surprise teams are the Royals on the + side and the O's on the -. It's early but it's Looking like it could be a fun season with new teams getting to the top.

pigture perfect

I'm. Interested in how Greinke's injury will effect the Dodgers. He's out for a while with a broken collar bone. I don't know of anything that hurt a pitcher anymore than that would, barring a permanent type injury of course.

bsking

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 12, 2013, 02:34:26 pm
I'm. Interested in how Greinke's injury will effect the Dodgers. He's out for a while with a broken collar bone. I don't know of anything that hurt a pitcher anymore than that would, barring a permanent type injury of course.

Generally bones are sighs of relief compared to ligaments and tendons.  The injury is substantial but there is virtually no rehab after.

bsking

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 12, 2013, 02:34:26 pm

Generally bones are sighs of relief compared to ligaments and tendons.  The injury is substantial but there is virtually no rehab after.

jbell96

bsking, what are your thoughts on what happened last night? Quentin obviously overreacted, but I don't know why Grienke lowered his shoulder into a guy that big running at him. I know he was trying to prove he wouldn't back down, but there are other ways to do that without throwing a shoulder.

I'm just glad Clayton Richard got between Matt Kemp & Quentin in the parking lot. Would be a shame for the game of baseball & a great player like Kemp to have an incident like that happen. I love what he said to Quentin afterwards. (Can't repeat it on here.)

pigture perfect

Quote from: bsking on April 12, 2013, 04:11:13 pm
I was referring to more of the pain in throwing motion. That just seems like it would hurt all over. You're right of course that ligaments and tendons are more serious.

pigture perfect

As a bigger kind of guy myself, I would love for a smaller framed guy to take me on like Grienke did.

I didn't think it was a bad pitch either. It was inside, but you've got to give that pitcher at least that much inside. It caught Quintin on the forearm for Pete's sake.

jbell96

pigture perfect

Looking right on the money for my picks so far, with the exception of the Dodgers. They aren't doing much.

My surprise team so far has been the Cardinals. So many young guys, but yet they are leading the NL Central, which happens to have the 3 best records in the NL at this point.

On the negative side, The Nats haven't shown me anythng yet, neither have the Jays or Angels in the AL.