• 382,468 Topics
• 21,387 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Stories from the SEC Footprint  (Read 37674 times)

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: Strange Stories from the SEC Footprint
« Reply #1202 on: September 03, 2017, 09:38:53 am »

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Welcome Back! UAB sets attendance record in return to college football

It was a successful return for UAB’s football program on Saturday, as the Blazers defeated Alabama A&M 38-7 and also set a school record for attendance, with 45,212 fans coming to Legion Field for the first game since 2014.

It was announced in Dec. 2014 that the UAB program would be shut down indefinitely due to budget concerns, but the decision was quickly reversed after a fundraising effort raised more than $27 million and the backlash of public opinion.

Blazers will once again compete in Conference USA.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1203 on: September 03, 2017, 01:40:50 pm »

Stacey Barchenger‏Verified account @sbarchenger

'Bar Church' serves up example of faith where you find it http://knoxne.ws/2gtys4i  via @tennessean

This is Bar Church where it’s OK to say amen while enjoying a cold brew.

Bar Church is an occasional evening fellowship – organizers don’t call it a service – at West Knoxville’s The Open Chord. The part Christian rock concert, part low-key Lutheran message is an outreach of The Point church in Knoxville.

The framework's simple – wrap a brief Christian message around music by The Point band. The idea’s simpler – connect to the disconnected by taking Christ to people where they're comfortable.

Bar Church doesn’t have regular dates but is held most often in the summer. Before The Open Chord, the music and message were at downtown’s Relix and Scruffy City Hall. Each event attracts The Point members, friends they invited and people looking to have a beer and listen to music. 

Dolly’s got church

At Dollywood, regular church services are not far from twisting roller coasters and musical shows. The Pigeon Forge theme park’s one-room church is an anchor of its Craftsman Valley area. Dollywood chaplain Joey Buck leads services at the Robert F. Thomas Chapel.

On Sundays in summer and fall, Buck preaches to packed pews. An average 200 to 250 people come to worship. Services are 11:30 a.m. Sunday during the park season; 5:30 p.m. during Smoky Mountain Christmas.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1204 on: September 03, 2017, 08:34:50 pm »

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC 2h2 hours ago

UK announces with matching funds, Calipari/basketball team telethon helped raise $1 million for Harvey relief.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1207 on: September 08, 2017, 04:33:05 am »

Texas A&M Football‏Verified account @AggieFootball 7h7 hours ago

"We unequivocally condemn this disgusting and threatening letter"
- President Young & AD Woodward

"Earlier this evening, we became aware of a letter of unknown origin that was sent to the Sumlin family home. We unequivocally condemn this disgusting and threatening letter. There is no excuse for hatred and, as a community, we will not allow the ignorance of some to intimidate any member of our community.  On behalf of all Aggies, our thoughts are with Coach Sumlin and his family, and we will do all that we can to ensure their safety. We are working with law enforcement authorities to bring the sender of this letter to justice. We stand with the Sumlins and will not accept this inexcusable act of hate."   

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1208 on: September 08, 2017, 04:56:56 am »

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Nick Saban shares hilarious story about how changed his lines in The Blind Side

“I did no acting in The Blind Side. It was not considered acting,” Saban said. “They gave me a script, the director gave me a script. I didn’t want to be in the movie because I was the coach here (Alabama), and I was the coach at LSU in the movie so I thought the fans here would all get mad at me if I was the LSU coach in a movie.

“So I refused and Fred Smith, who was a pretty powerful guy with FedEx and all that, produced the movie and talked me into doing it. I told him I’d do it, but I’m not going to wear LSU clothes. He said ok. Then the director comes in and gives me a scripts and says ‘Ok, here’s your lines. Here’s what we want you to say.’ I said, ‘Hey buddy, I was there. I did this.'

“I said ‘Why can’t I just do what I did? I’ll just say what I said when I come to the front door, I’ll say what I said when I sat down and talked to the player, Michael, and the little that was there. I’ll just say it, and if you don’t like it, I’ll do your script.’ So, I did it that way and he liked it so I never did the script.

“In my opinion, there was no acting at all,” Saban said, smiling. “To me if you act, they give you a script and you act like somebody else. All I did was just be myself and did exactly what I did. Coaching the team’s harder, I guess is what I’m trying to say.”

SEC Mike

@MichaelWBratton

Novel indicates Oher likely would have went to LSU had Saban not left. If that happened, Freeze never lands at OM; Bama never loses to Rebs https://twitter.com/BW_Jones/status/905951010434281472

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #1210 on: September 08, 2017, 01:29:02 pm »

TAMU fans are worse than our Darksiders during the Nutt days.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1211 on: September 11, 2017, 05:30:12 am »

Oxford Police Dept‏Verified account @OxfordPolice

Investigators need your help this morning!

Oxford Police Dept‏Verified account @OxfordPolice 12h12 hours ago

New update on Margaux Huff. If you have any information on her whereabouts please call OPD!

Oxford Police Dept‏Verified account @OxfordPolice 6h6 hours ago

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MARGAUX HUFF HAS BEEN LOCATED

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1212 on: September 11, 2017, 05:50:03 am »

Missouri fan says son found fake fingernails at bottom of popcorn box

Mike Staton @mikestaton1

Popcorn wasnt any better. My son found used fake fingernails at bottom of his box of popcorn. #Disgusting pic.twitter.com/44HHJQZmdW
11:36 AM - Sep 10, 2017

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1214 on: September 15, 2017, 08:10:10 pm »

WPLG Local 10 News‏Verified account @WPLGLocal10 9h9 hours ago

Davie man arrested for attempting to steal generator during Irma http://bit.ly/2x4HmgB

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1215 on: September 17, 2017, 08:27:14 am »

Actor Johnny Depp’s Fayette County horse farm on Versailles Road did not sell at auction Friday after the bids were rejected for being too low.

The property had been listed for $2.9 million. The top bid was $1.4 million. It came from radio personality Rick Dees [and his cast of idiots?] of the Weekly Top 40, who said he didn’t blame Depp for wanting more for the property.

Dees owns Sweetbrier, a large Boyle County farm.

After a brief conference with Depp business manager Ed White, the auctioneers ended the auction without a sale.

“It’s not over yet,” White said. “There are some people interested in meeting with me.”

Depp had recently sold four penthouses at the Eastern Columbia building in downtown Los Angeles for a cumulative $10.22 million, White said. Depp still owns five properties in Los Angeles, White said.

Depp also owns Little Hal’s Pond Cay, a 45-acre private island in the Bahamas and a 37-acre compound in the south of France.

“It’s difficult to manage all these properties,” White said, because Depp “rarely comes to Kentucky.” Depp is a Kentucky native born in Owensboro.

Although there were 14 registered bidders, it was clear from the outset that the auction was [ddomed to fail].

Dees / Charles Bertram, Herald-Leader

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1216 on: September 24, 2017, 09:12:03 am »

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

We're still loving yesterday's squirrel touchdown.

Lamar Jackson accounted for three touchdowns to set a Louisville career record and lead the No. 19 Cardinals to a 42-3 victory at Kent State on Saturday.

The reigning Heisman Trophy winner got upstaged by a squirrel, who looked to rumble 45 yards to the delight of the fans and announcers.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1217 on: October 13, 2017, 04:54:18 am »

Horrifying details about the night Max Gruver died after a pledge test at an LSU frat house

One day in September, Maxwell Gruver received a phone message from a member of the fraternity he hoped to join.

Bible study at 10 p.m., he was instructed.

The event was far less innocent than the code name suggested. "Bible Study" was an initiation game where pledges are quizzed about the history of the fraternity and forced to drink alcohol if they answer incorrectly, LSU police reports say.

Police say Gruver, an 18-year-old freshman transplant from Roswell, Georgia, repeatedly flubbed answers and drank, and he died the next day from alcohol poisoning and aspiration. And 10 arrest warrants filed Wednesday for a group of mostly Phi Delta Theta brothers, say witnesses told authorities that Gruver was targeted by a more senior member of the fraternity who had a dislike for Gruver because of his frequent tardiness.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1218 on: October 13, 2017, 05:52:11 am »

Stacey Barchenger‏Verified account @sbarchenger Oct 11

Wow. Brutal beatings & 'honey bun' hits: 'Fight club' culture inside Florida juvenile justice system http://www.miamiherald.com/news/special-reports/florida-prisons/article177510156.html … by @miamiherald

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1219 on: October 15, 2017, 07:46:08 am »

WBIR Channel 10‏Verified account @wbir 2h2 hours ago

'To Kill a Mockingbird' Pulled from School Reading List http://on.wbir.com/2yKGLnP
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas