Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MORGAN NICK / AMBER ALERT LEVEL 2...........

Started by hoglady, March 11, 2013, 05:35:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RNHog

Quote from: dacskc on March 14, 2013, 12:19:57 am
I totally understand the child support thing (I've witnessed how it can be abused), but it's a two-sided coin. My Dad left us (and the state) when I was eight years old and my siblings were 4 and 5. My mom never got a penny and worked 2 jobs to clothe and feed us. Sometimes it really is about "what's right" and not money. That said, custody should never be granted based on the parent's sex. The courts can't know which parent will be the one to step up and do what's right for the child. (Hopefully, they both would). There should be a better way of working it out that favors the child.

And that is truly a shame that your dad did that. Good post.

My only arguement is not every dad should be treated like that example. But in this case, one bad apple can mess up the whole bushel.

dacskc

Yeah, I know. Bad dads get lots of press. Good ones seldom do.

RNHog

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 14, 2013, 12:21:02 am
   I guess my point in my own naive way is that my Daddy let me know he  would move heaven and earth to keep me safe. My mom was a force of nature and ruled the roost for the most part.  But, I don't think my Dad would have let her or anyone keep him from protecting me..ever.

I wouldn't respect my husband if he didn't feel the same way about our daughter.  I wouldn't want her to feel any differently than I did.  If I went bat-darn crazy, I would expect my husband to put our daughter first and knock me to the curb.

Very true. And my dad is the same but some situations aren't peaches and cream in a house where to two parents are fit.

And I am that dad you are talking about. If I EVER heard anything  where I thought my child was be threatened, I would be all in someones face ready to attack. And I would have my attorney pulling my kid away from it and with me. Plain and simple. I don't play that mess.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: RNHog on March 14, 2013, 12:26:08 am
Very true. And my dad is the same but some situations aren't peaches and cream in a house where to two parents are fit.

And I am that dad you are talking about. If I EVER heard anything  where I thought my child was be threatened, I would be all in someones face ready to attack. And I would have my attorney pulling my kid away from it and with me. Plain and simple. I don't play that mess.

Yeah, thank goodness my parents were agreeable with one another. 

While things didn't work out with me and my ex, we stayed amiable, and we still get along alright today and share a child.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

PonderinHog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 14, 2013, 09:23:14 am
Yeah, thank goodness my parents were agreeable with one another. 

While things didn't work out with me and my ex, we stayed amiable, and we still get along alright today and share a child.
Hey, my parents have been married 72 years!  I actually think they're starting to like each other!

Slimgoodman

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 13, 2013, 11:53:10 pm
  I guess i don't know for sure. I do know that I would never ever put my child in a situation like this.

Of course, it's easy for me because I'm raising my kid with their Dad.  I would hope that if me and Dad parted ways I would recognize that he loves her as much as I do...some parents hate each other more than they love their children.

I don't understand it, but I do get that some parents put their children in harms way for their own effed up reasons.

What situation was the child put in?

I'm not interested in your self promoting speculation, I want facts........Do you have any?

Really easy to be an anonymous, all knowing internet bada$$.

And that is something at which you seem to be proficient.

JerryHog3

I am actually from Walnut Ridge. For almost 5 years my dad had shared a hunting lease with the stepfather, and actually considered him to be a good friend. Not too much is actually known other than what the news is reporting. I can tell you the land he was found was not the biological father's land.

ur

Quote from: JerryHog3 on March 14, 2013, 10:36:17 am
I am actually from Walnut Ridge. For almost 5 years my dad had shared a hunting lease with the stepfather, and actually considered him to be a good friend. Not too much is actually known other than what the news is reporting. I can tell you the land he was found was not the biological father's land.
I guess they have searched the farm where the stepdad worked? Is it located close to where they found him? I'm wondering if he went back to the area where he might have left her or went the other way to lead the search in a different direction.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ur on March 14, 2013, 10:44:57 am
I guess they have searched the farm where the stepdad worked? Is it located close to where they found him? I'm wondering if he went back to the area where he might have left her or went the other way to lead the search in a different direction.
Clover Bend is about ten miles due south of where they found the truck.

ur

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 14, 2013, 10:51:11 am
Clover Bend is about ten miles due south of where they found the truck.
He worked on a farm near clover bend? Hopefully they have checked all the security video cameras in the area to see if the truck passed by.

ricepig

Quote from: ur on March 14, 2013, 11:19:36 am
He worked on a farm near clover bend? Hopefully they have checked all the security video cameras in the area to see if the truck passed by.

It's possible to drive from where the truck was found to CB without getting off gravel, much less pass any security cameras, well except for Hwy 412. I could probably do it on field roads if it's not too wet.

Buff

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 13, 2013, 08:26:56 pm

I hope this doesn't end where it looks like it will. I hope the people who knew there was a big problem can sleep at night

Quote from: razorback93 on March 13, 2013, 08:51:18 pm
Mark my words, when all the details come out, it's going to be ugly.  I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.  It angers me when innocent children have to pay the price for adults' stupidity or emotional neediness.

No need to post your entire quotes and take up board space, but you are both heading toward what I've been thinking since this started.  Seems like this girl had a creepy step-dad, a mom who refused to see the obvious, and a father who either didn't know about it or didn't have the guts to kneecap the guy for treating his flesh-and-blood daughter like he allegedly was.  I hope they find her alive, but could care less whether either of her parents can ever look themselves in the mirror again or not.

ur

Quote from: ricepig on March 14, 2013, 11:23:05 am
It's possible to drive from where the truck was found to CB without getting off gravel, much less pass any security cameras, well except for Hwy 412. I could probably do it on field roads if it's not too wet.
I was thinking more from the house on 7th street. Hopefully a video caught the truck when he had her in the truck. I think he prob went straight from his house to 438 when he knew the gig was up.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ur on March 14, 2013, 12:18:35 pm
I was thinking more from the house on 7th street. Hopefully a video caught the truck when he had her in the truck. I think he prob went straight from his house to 438 when he knew the gig was up.

Good call.  I just assumed that it was too small a town to have cameras throughout the streets.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on March 14, 2013, 11:23:05 am

True.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ur

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 14, 2013, 12:43:10 pm
I think it is. Aside from the banks, Walmart and Beatles Park, I don't think there are many around. Certainly not any on that route.
Hoping some of the quickie marts might have some. Similar to the ones that had BP on camera up here on 16 and 265. 

ricepig

Quote from: ur on March 14, 2013, 02:10:45 pm
Hoping some of the quickie marts might have some. Similar to the ones that had BP on camera up here on 16 and 265. 

It's possible, but if you are up to something nefarious you could take a route void of any cameras.

JerryHog3

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 14, 2013, 02:42:05 pm
Some of the quickie marts there don't even have pay-at-the-pump capability.

Haha.. Every station in town has pay-at-the-pump.

ricepig

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 14, 2013, 03:00:21 pm
They might now. But it wasn't too long ago they didn't.

I also remember when we stopped at the line to buy some drinks for the weekend and were told "Sorry hun, we ain't got one of them swipey things for debit cards. But since I know your kin, I'll let you write a check."

Well, that's good Southern hospitality, I won't comment on your kin, haha. You were probably used to filling up at the Co-op, we just sign the ticket there.

lumphog

Quote from: RNHog on March 13, 2013, 11:56:32 pm
I can vouche for this bull 100%.

No matter how good the dad is, how much better of a role model he is, etc the Attorney's for the woman and the stupid courts will rule in favor of the "suitable" parent.

While it was my choice to walk the path I took, each parent should be treated the same and fairly in the eyes of the "arkansas court systems."
AMEN!!!! And that's all I have to say about THAT!!!

ur

Posted on a site 30 min ago.

A friend of mine just said 3 state troopers with their lights on just flew past her going toward the search area.

HamIAm

Quote from: ur on March 14, 2013, 07:06:55 pm
Posted on a site 30 min ago.

A friend of mine just said 3 state troopers with their lights on just flew past her going toward the search area.

Looks like it was probably a pursuit - estimated 130 mph.
http://www.imbodenlive.com/2013/03/14/pursuit-from-randolph-county-is-ended-by-lawrence-county-deputys-roadblock/

The irony is that the car had Michigan plates and was registered to a missing person.

CallThemHawgs!

So is this thing figured out yet?

Its not looking good...

tophawg19

the longer it goes the less likely it becomes to find her alive. especially with these cold nights .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

LSUFan

Quote from: RNHog on March 14, 2013, 12:17:55 am
I'll be here all day folks! I would love to get a group going to protest how the courts treat GREAT dads and change some things.

My child loves me though and I have always been in her life. 100%. So things are working out ok no matter how tough things were inititally.
There is a train ah comin brother, I'd join up with you in a second.

For 12 years I have lived no less than 2 miles from my kids, I've never neglected or abused them, yet I see them 4 days a month, didn't matter that mama was a drug dealing/using RN in LR.

http://www.acfc.org/
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

LSUFan

Quote from: dacskc on March 14, 2013, 12:19:57 am
I totally understand the child support thing (I've witnessed how it can be abused), but it's a two-sided coin. My Dad left us (and the state) when I was eight years old and my siblings were 4 and 5. My mom never got a penny and worked 2 jobs to clothe and feed us. Sometimes it really is about "what's right" and not money. That said, custody should never be granted based on the parent's sex. The courts can't know which parent will be the one to step up and do what's right for the child. (Hopefully, they both would). There should be a better way of working it out that favors the child.
Louisiana has it right.

If both parents live within 50 miles of each other, joint custody and visitation, NO CS, absent neglect and abuse. If a parent moves more than 50 miles away from the childs school, they lose joint custody. It's just that simple.

LSUFan

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 14, 2013, 10:16:26 pm
the longer it goes the less likely it becomes to find her alive. especially with these cold nights .
Either a sex slave, or dead, In my experience, sadly.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RNHog on March 13, 2013, 11:56:32 pm
I can vouche for this bull 100%.

No matter how good the dad is, how much better of a role model he is, etc the Attorney's for the woman and the stupid courts will rule in favor of the "suitable" parent.

While it was my choice to walk the path I took, each parent should be treated the same and fairly in the eyes of the "arkansas court systems."
it's true but i'm in that 3%, single Dad in arkansas and won the custody hearing. it happens far too uncommonly though, no doubt.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

LSUFan

Quote from: RNHog on March 14, 2013, 12:26:08 am

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN TEACH YOUR CHILD........

It's not who you date, you can break up.

It's not your profession, you can change that.

It's not who you marry, you can divorce.

IT'S THE PERSON YOU CHOSE TO HAVE CHILDREN WITH, They will be the gatekeeper of whom gets to see your children and what happens to them. PERIOD!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I just hope she has access to water.

Rule of three:
In extreme cold, 3 hours to find shelter.
3 days without water before either EXTREME dehydration (hallucinations, the works) or death depending on level of activity, temp, etc.
3 weeks without food
His response to me:

RNHog

LSUFan

Quote from: RNHog on March 15, 2013, 12:33:56 am
Thanks for the link tiger.
The dad of divorce today is the most discriminated against person in America.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

secfan30

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 13, 2013, 11:53:10 pm
  I guess i don't know for sure. I do know that I would never ever put my child in a situation like this.

Of course, it's easy for me because I'm raising my kid with their Dad.  I would hope that if me and Dad parted ways I would recognize that he loves her as much as I do...some parents hate each other more than they love their children.

I don't understand it, but I do get that some parents put their children in harms way for their own effed up reasons.

Unfortunately not all women think like you. My ex wife uses my daughter as a controlling tool to try and get what she wants. It's an argument every time I am supposed to get her for visitation. My 9 year old daughter wakes up by herself to get ready each morning and walks to the bus stop by her self justso her mother can sleep in. She is a known drug user as is her oldest son yet the judges in the county I live in now feel the woman in always more fit. I pray my daughter does not grow up anything like her mother. I would feel as if I failed to bring a strong independent woman into society.

LSUFan

Quote from: secfan30 on March 15, 2013, 04:34:54 pm
Unfortunately not all women think like you. My ex wife uses my daughter as a controlling tool to try and get what she wants. It's an argument every time I am supposed to get her for visitation. My 9 year old daughter wakes up by herself to get ready each morning and walks to the bus stop by her self justso her mother can sleep in. She is a known drug user as is her oldest son yet the judges in the county I live in now feel the woman in always more fit. I pray my daughter does not grow up anything like her mother. I would feel as if I failed to bring a strong independent woman into society.
In Saline county, if you fail a drug test, you lose custody of your kids, just a little FYI.

Don't let her see it coming, file a complaint of drug use around the child, with DHS and don't give them her phone number, they'll knock on the door with a pee cup.

CallThemHawgs!

tophawg19

if they do find her . didn't someone say the black river was on the road where they found the step dad. . i'm still hoping but with a sick fool like him , who knows

Boarcephus

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on March 15, 2013, 06:31:26 pm
I would not be expecting any news except when they find the body.

Afraid you're right.  When I read the stepdad killed himself I knew the rest of the story.  Just a matter of time till the body is found.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Dropkick

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 15, 2013, 07:24:01 pm
Afraid you're right.  When I read the stepdad killed himself I knew the rest of the story.  Just a matter of time till the body is found.
I pray not but fear you are correct.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 15, 2013, 07:24:01 pm

yup

RNHog

Quote from: secfan30 on March 15, 2013, 04:34:54 pm

I feel you. I know the worry you have each and every day.

CTHOG

Equusearch is there helping today. Hopefully they can help!

http://texasequusearch.org/
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 06, 2007, 10:13:22 pmI hereby dub you "ThesaurusHog"!

Quondo Omni Flunkus Mortati

If it moves, its Biology.
If it stinks, its Chemistry.
If it doesn't work, its Physics.

CTHOG

From the Lawrence Co. SO

Update for today, Lots of volunteers today again in Lawrence County. Several farmers and volunteers checked Randolph County areas that were just north of where the truck was located. Greene County also checked areas of interest. Talked to Craighead County and their deputies had been checking areas bordering Lawrence County. Jackson County deputies also have check some farm areas of interest. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have been here since Tuesday. Tomorrow a member of Texas Equusearch will be here to see what they can bring to help search. Tomorrow morning volunteers are asked to meet at the Walnut Ridge Fire Dept at 9am to search several areas. We have had dog teams everyday search areas all across the county. The Mounted Patrol searched a couple areas today and have the task of a really large area to search tomorrow. Dive Team finished clearing the other deep spot on Running Water Creek. Pocahontas Dive Team used their sonar equipped boat to check Clear Lake and also worked several places on Black River. Deputies and other Officers from across the county followed up on several leads. Please check the map and continue to check in so areas can be plotted.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 06, 2007, 10:13:22 pmI hereby dub you "ThesaurusHog"!

PonderinHog

Has anyone searched the WMA close to Clover Bend?  I think it's called Shirey Bay.

tophawg19

thank you CTHOG . Please keep us updated as you can

Boarcephus

Quote from: Dropkick on March 15, 2013, 08:58:48 pm
I pray not but fear you are correct.

Would love to be wrong.  The posted her picture in the paper and she is a pretty girl.  Just fails under the category of bad things happening to good people that aren't fair at all.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

CTHOG

CTHOG

CTHOG

pigture perfect

The Cache river and Cache river relief canal are all just south of town. That is alot of hard territory to cover. I sure have prayed for this family and young lady. I'm expecting the worst, Hoping for the best.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"