Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MORGAN NICK / AMBER ALERT LEVEL 2...........

Started by hoglady, March 11, 2013, 05:35:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CTHOG

http://www.imbodenlive.com/2013/04/04/volunteers-needed-friday-april-5th-and-saturday-april-6th-to-assist-in-search-for-missing-sidney-randall/

Volunteers Needed Friday April 5th and Saturday April 6th to assist in search for Missing Sidney Randall

The Walnut Ridge Police Department and Lawrence County Sheriff's Office are organizing a volunteer search on Friday and Saturday April 5th and 6th. Volunteers are asked to arrive at the Walnut Ridge Police Department between 8 and 10 am to sign up. Once signed up, volunteers will be assigned to specific areas in the county to search.

Volunteers are asked to dress appropriately for the weather, bring food and drinks. ATV's, Horses and Searchers out walking are all welcome. Maps will be available to searchers, for added information you are urged to call 870-844-2901

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 06, 2007, 10:13:22 pmI hereby dub you "ThesaurusHog"!

Quondo Omni Flunkus Mortati

If it moves, its Biology.
If it stinks, its Chemistry.
If it doesn't work, its Physics.

CTHOG

LCSO

Two-Rivers K-9 SAR Group from Tenn. will be joining us on Saturday with the search as well! We appreciate them, please share the Facebook Events to get the word out! Thanks So Much!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 06, 2007, 10:13:22 pmI hereby dub you "ThesaurusHog"!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

CTHOG

http://www.imbodenlive.com/2013/04/08/divers-endure-a-late-night-along-with-searchers-in-the-sidney-randall-search/

Divers Endure A Late Night Along With Searchers In The Sidney Randall Search

On Friday, volunteers were organized to assist with the ongoing search for missing 14 year old Sidney Randall as the search approaches one month. ATV riders, horseback searchers, Lawrence County Deputies and others spent Friday clearing areas around Black Rock including abandoned properties and farm fields. A large group assisted with the effort, searching and reporting any areas searched back to search coordinators.

Saturday, volunteers assembled at the Walnut Ridge Police Department and were dispatched to areas between Imboden and Smithville that included all the county roads from Hwy 115 including areas towards Ravenden and back to the Sharp/Lawrence County line in the Lone Oak Church area. A second group was organized and placed in the Lake Charles State Park area and worked grids back to Lynn and the area of Strawberry. A 3rd team on horses went along the banks of the Black River north of Black Rock to the Randolph County line. Members of a K9 Search Group from Tennessee were accompanied by the Sheriff's Dive Team to search areas around water including the Running Water Creek at Clover Bend, Quarries in the Black Rock and Imboden Area and Little Joe Lake in the area of Toles Road.

A boat containing Sonar was used around a large beaver dam along Running Water Creek in the area of Hwy 228, several search dogs had taken an interest in the area earlier in the day, sonar also displayed an area of interest and an image that needed to be identified. Chief Thatcher and Sheriff Dotson made a collective decision that the area needed to be cleared, the Lawrence County Dive Team was ask to dive the murky waters. Lighting was obtained from the Walnut Ridge Fire Department and Clover Bend Fire Department, small boats and equipment was moved into the area. Divers spent several hours in water that was less than 50 degrees as volunteers assisted with moving equipment up and down the banks of the creek. AET Ambulance was dispatched to warm the divers as they exited the water, medics spent hours working with divers from the team. Patrol cars from Lawrence County, Black Rock, Walnut Ridge PD and the Arkansas State Parks were used to light the area where so 50 people worked until after 1 am Sunday completing the operation. According to the Lawrence County Dive Team, the image shown on the sonar could only be ruled out by divers in the body of water actually searching the body of water. Once the operation was completed, Dive Teams members briefed Chief Thatcher of the WRPD, both agreed the area was clear.

Since the disappearance of 14 year old Sidney Randall from her residence in Walnut Ridge on March 9th, authorities have had no credible leads in the case, dozens of K-9 search dogs, dozens of boats including several with sonar, hundreds of ATV's , scores of horseback riders and searchers on foot and over 1,000 volunteers have joined the search over the last 28 days. The search has also had the assistance of several law enforcement K-9 groups from Tennessee , Mississippi and Arkansas. Search volunteers from as far away as Hobart Indiana and southern Louisiana have traveled to the area to assist.

Between the organized search and property owners searching their own property, more than 80 percent of the county has been cleared with no results.

At this point, the search for missing Sidney Randall has gone cold, investigators still ask the public for any information concerning Sidney Randall. You are urged to call 870-886-2525 or 870-886-3628.

CTHOG

https://www.facebook.com/lawrencecou...rtment?fref=ts

No organized volunteer searches are scheduled at this time. Officers from the Sheriffs Office and the WRPD followed up on leads called in. Officers waded and walked parts of the Cache River. Officers also went and checked several areas within the county that people had called in about with buzzard activity and bad smells, all turned out to be dead animals. State Police are finishing up on the digital forensics of the 3 computers and 2 cell phones. Other tips have been sent to other counties and even other states to be checked up on but with no luck. We encourage everyone to still be on the lookout and send in any info that you have

JIHawg

Don't mean to be discouraging, but this guy had a well thought out plan, take her out of the home, do his cowardly act, get rid of the body, and sneak back in the home.

He probably worked on this for months, what to do with the body.

It likely won't be found.

CTHOG

Quote from: JIHawg on April 15, 2013, 09:45:37 am
Don't mean to be discouraging, but this guy had a well thought out plan, take her out of the home, do his cowardly act, get rid of the body, and sneak back in the home.

A lot of the clues died, when he died.

LSUFan

Be careful, when you speak common sense, your post tend to go bye bye.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

OldCoot

This guy didn't seem very clever.  I wouldn't give him that much credit. 

Take the amount of time when he left and when he got back and split it in half.
Figure out how many miles his truck would travel in that time.
Get a map, a piece of string, measure the miles in string and draw a big circle with the center being the starting point.

You will find her within that circle somewhere.

I pray for her family.

ofwgkta

Quote from: Hogbeaver on April 16, 2013, 08:23:34 am

Get a map, a piece of string, measure the miles in string and draw a big circle with the center being the starting point.

I pray for her family.

Lmao. Too much CSI for you.

You should be working in Washington DC helping catch terrorists with your string plan.

Lmao.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: LSUFan on April 15, 2013, 06:33:55 pm
Be careful, when you speak common sense, your post tend to go bye bye.
You have some serious issues.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

OldCoot

Quote from: ofwgkta on April 16, 2013, 10:50:49 am
Lmao. Too much CSI for you.

You should be working in Washington DC helping catch terrorists with your string plan.

Lmao.

I thank the U.S. Army for the uncanny ability to be effective at search and recovery.  It's common sense if you think about it.  A brain and a map is all it takes to do a recovery.  A rescue is a different story but if done quickly, can be effective.

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

ofwgkta

Quote from: Hogbeaver on April 17, 2013, 11:33:08 pm
I thank the U.S. Army for the uncanny ability to be effective at search and recovery.  It's common sense if you think about it.  A brain and a map is all it takes to do a recovery.  A rescue is a different story but if done quickly, can be effective.

Welllll here we are a month later. Maybe you should go take your shoe string and help.

dynastyhog

Quote from: Hogbeaver on April 16, 2013, 08:23:34 am

I pray for her family.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but what if he sold her?  Or traded her to someone he was in trouble with?  She might not even be in Arkansas anymore.
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

Steef

Quote from: dynastyhog link=topic=53 :-[4319.msg8174687#msg8174687 date=1366393359
I'm not trying to be an ass here but what if he sold her?  Or traded her to someone he was in trouble with?  She might not even be in Arkansas anymore.

Ive wondered about that also.

OldCoot

Quote from: dynastyhog on April 19, 2013, 12:42:39 pm

That's plausible but have you seen the guy?  I just don't think he had the knowledge to have ties to human traffickers.  He looked lucky to be able to complete a sale at the local cattle barn.  It is possible, I just don't think it is probable.  I don't think he could have left the county.

Kenny Hawgins

I know it's a slight derail but IMO, there's no punishment harsh enough for someone that knowingly participates in human trafficking.  It absolutely makes me sick to think about that kind of cruelty.       
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

tophawg19

thanks . i've been hoping more info was available as well
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

CTHOG

Buff

Liam Neeson needs to look into this possibility.

Been 3 days, are they still looking?

dynastyhog

Quote from: Hogbeaver on April 20, 2013, 10:10:21 am
That's plausible but have you seen the guy?  I just don't think he had the knowledge to have ties to human traffickers.  He looked lucky to be able to complete a sale at the local cattle barn.  It is possible, I just don't think it is probable.  I don't think he could have left the county.

I haven't seen him I live out of state so I follow this thread, praying for a safe return.

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 20, 2013, 10:15:34 am
I know it's a slight derail but IMO, there's no punishment harsh enough for someone that knowingly participates in human trafficking.  It absolutely makes me sick to think about that kind of cruelty.       

Agreed.
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

CTHOG

When I first saw the Amber Alert on Sidney. And then the news about the step-father. I linked Sidney with Haley Dunn. That case revolved around a live-in boyfriend of Haley's Mother. After 3 long years, her remains have been found.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/04/remains-identified-as-missing-texas-teen-hailey-dunn/

CTHOG

http://tinyurl.com/bbbjlh5

John Cornell's Family Speak Out In The Case Of Missing Walnut Ridge Girl Sidney Randall

The search for missing Walnut Ridge girl, Sidney Randall, is now entering it's eighth week. Sidney Randall, age 14, was reported missing by her mother Denise Cornell on March 9th, 2013. Sidney's stepfather, John Cornell,was found dead of a gunshot wound to the head on a field road outside of Walnut Ridge near his red Ford Ranger pick up less than 24 hours after Sidney's disappearance.

Members of John Cornell's family reached out to Imboden Live to tell their side of this heartbreaking story, to thank local authorities for their efforts in the search for Sidney, and to urge the public to keep looking for the missing 14-year-old girl.

-=-=-=-=-=

There are no active searches for Sidney. It has been almost 11 weeks.

CTHOG

Lea and Bill Cornell have plans to travel to Missouri this week to distribute new updated flyers of Sidney Randall in hopes that someone will come forward with clues about where Sidney may be located.

When Imboden Live asked about the reasons behind traveling into Missouri to search for Sidney, Lea Cornell described a conversation involving Ben Randall, Sidney's brother in the days following Sidney's disappearance (March 16th) that was made public on Facebook in which Ben Randall stated to a third-party that he received a phone call from a friend that Sidney was in St. Louis and that he was headed there. He also stated in that same Facebook conversation that "she wanted to go,she was 100 percent willing".
That Facebook conversation was posted as a video showing the entire text/dates/etc.. back and forth from Ben Randall. Ben Randall expressed his displeasure in comments at this video being made public. It has since been removed from Facebook. Imboden Live obtained copies of this series of private messages and this was a documented conversation that took place on March 16th.

870hogfan

Region 8 news out of Jonesboro just reported a body of a young girl was found in Black River near Lawrence County. Sad news prayers for the family.

pigture perfect

Quote from: 870hogfan on May 18, 2013, 07:53:17 pm
Region 8 news out of Jonesboro just reported a body of a young girl was found in Black River near Lawrence County. Sad news prayers for the family.
Please let us know what they report this evening.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

870hogfan

cubsfan5150

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

(notOM)Rebel123

5 miles maybe to the west/NW of Walnut Ridge, as the crow flies. Old Davidsonville State Park is on the west side of Black River. West-NWest of WR, south of Pocahontas.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

OldCoot

I don't know where mankind is going.  It's getting bad.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 13, 2013, 08:16:36 pm
Lawrence 438 runs parallel to HWY 412 all the way to Portia.  It really doesn't go into the country, so to speak, but there are connecting roads running north and south that will take you to the Black River.
Scott's Ferry is across the river from Old Davidsonville State Park on the eastern side of the Black River.  It's about five miles north of where Cornell's body was found and the closest boat access point on that side of the river.  (The road ends in the river.)

lechon

This little girl never had a chance, it is truly heartbreaking...
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

razorbackkid

Quote from: razor9 on May 19, 2013, 12:49:18 am
This little girl never had a chance, it is truly heartbreaking...
indeed
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

panhandlepig

God Bless him. I'm sure that's not what he wanted to do when he set out to have a good day, but I'm glad it was him who found her.RIP Sydney.

CTHOG

Looking back, the dogs got a hit on the Black river. I wonder how close to the location they were. There were also clothes found downstream from where the body was found.

dynastyhog

What a piece of trash.  Just kill yourself.  You don't have to drag someone else into your $h!tty deranged world.  RIP to the girl and may God be with the town and her loved ones.

cmpledger

Quote from: Hogbeaver on May 18, 2013, 10:47:02 pm
I don't know where mankind is going.  It's getting bad.

Really? Because I think it's lot better now than the days where they use to crucify entire cities for no reason

thirrdegreetusker

At the risk of being deemed disrespectful, the subject line should be changed. If folks click on here to try to be aware of an CURRENT Amber alert, and instead find nothing of any immediate urgency, pretty soon no one will click. Kinda like the old "boy who cried wolf" tale.

CTHOG

Mods when the body is identified, the title of this thread should be changed.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: CTHOG on May 20, 2013, 09:32:34 am
Mods when the body is identified, the title of this thread should be changed.

Totally agree... 

It's just a shame that the guy took the cowardly way out.  He deserved much worse than a suicide.  I can't imagine what was going through his mind when he returned to the house only to be foiled by the wife catching him trying to sneak back in.  I wonder at what point remorse set in, and instead of just taking her life too in order to cover his tracks, he decided to take his own? 

What a sicko....just a shame that someone didn't identify that situation sooner and at least try to do something to stop it from escalating.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

CTHOG

I am looking at the distance from where JC was found and the body was found. It looks like its 5 miles, as the crow flies. So where the body was found, is there a lot of tall brush, in that area? There were brush marks on the truck.

PonderinHog

Quote from: CTHOG on May 20, 2013, 10:02:22 am
I am looking at the distance from where JC was found and the body was found. It looks like its 5 miles, as the crow flies. So where the body was found, is there a lot of tall brush, in that area? There were brush marks on the truck.
The Black has a pretty strong current, CT.

CTHOG

pigture perfect

Has the identity been confirmed? I have been really heartbroken for this mom and family.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ricepig

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 20, 2013, 11:24:08 am
Has the identity been confirmed? I have been really heartbroken for this mom and family.

Yes, Kait8 just reported on their 11:00 lunch report that Sheriff Dotson reports the body is Sidney Randall.

http://www.kait8.com/story/22290272/lawrence-co-sheriff-the-body-of-young-female-found-in-river

PonderinHog